REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Huxley's: Berlin, Germany - March 24, 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on a crap computer at a hotel in Barcelona so this has to be short, but last night was FANTASTIC. I totally agree with Tiibet about singing along during songs such as OMS and I See You, but i tried as hard as I could to block them out and they were both so beautifully done!! I have some nice video of I See You which I will upload asap but who knows when as I am travelling for another week or so. I wasn`t sure how i would like the dr. john outfit coat thing based on videos from other gigs, but i actually really liked it!! it fits so well with the song and of course, leave it to Mika to pull off something like that perfectly :)

the energy of the concert was so great (gotta love smaller venues for that reason!) and his talking bits were so amusing (my friends who i went with, who aren`t as familar with Mika didn`t understand why i was laughing so hard at some points :roftl:) and everything -- as usual -- felt so incredibly natural and the whole `story` of the show flowed so well. everything was amazing :) i can`t wait to upload my vids and pics, but like i said, who knows how long :aah:

and then after... while waiting outside I got pics with imma and jimmy and jimmy gave me a hug (:fangurl:) because my friends told him that this trip (to Berlin/ Barcelona (where i am now) was for my 18th birthday, which was back in february. and Mika was obsessed with the fact that we were there from NYC haha he was very excited... he even said that they were planning "something special" for new york, and mentioned something about a week long event with several shows...! i gave him the bracelets i made (check the mika art thread...i´ll also post final pics of them later) and he seemed to really like them :) then i got a picture and managed to hold myself together before totallllly fangurling in the cab back to my hotel :teehee:

an amazing amazing amazing night!! and stay tuned for my vids / pics i promise i will get them up :)

and then after... while waiting outside I got pics with imma and jimmy and jimmy gave me a hug () because my friends told him that this trip (to Berlin/ Barcelona (where i am now) was for my 18th birthday, which was back in february. and Mika was obsessed with the fact that we were there from NYC haha he was very excited... he even said that they were planning "something special" for new york, and mentioned something about a week long event with several shows...! i gave him the bracelets i made (check the mika art thread...i´ll also post final pics of them later) and he seemed to really like them then i got a picture and managed to hold myself together before totallllly fangurling in the cab back to my hotel

an amazing amazing amazing night!! and stay tuned for my vids / pics i promise i will get them up :)

:shocked: looks like i might be visiting new york for a week then. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

we didn't meet in berlin, or did we? :blink:

ok now that i've slept for a bit, i can start uploading stuff. still tired, but need to sleep in the night, or i'll be suffering from jetlag although i wasn't even in a different time zone! :roftl:

about the sing-along, i agree for OMS, but for example for any other world i love the version a lot more when he makes the crowd sing it. *remembers 2007 and mika's beaming face expression when the whole venue sang it* :wub2: also for i see you i think he could do the same, i really like the last part of the song on the cd, when there's several voices singing different things (if you know what i mean...), and i guess he could do that with the crowd too, like in happy ending the little bit of love part. like it the way it is now as well though, just to me it's not that bothering if ppl are singing along to it. OMS is definitely not a sing-along-song though.

lovely report tiibet, don't worry bout your english, it's fine! :biggrin2: i could tell you were really happy+excited yesterday after the gig when we said goodbye, it's nice to see you go :fangurl:!! :biggrin2:

Edited by mellody

and then after... while waiting outside I got pics with imma and jimmy and jimmy gave me a hug (:fangurl:) because my friends told him that this trip (to Berlin/ Barcelona (where i am now) was for my 18th birthday, which was back in february. and Mika was obsessed with the fact that we were there from NYC haha he was very excited... he even said that they were planning "something special" for new york, and mentioned something about a week long event with several shows...! i gave him the bracelets i made (check the mika art thread...i´ll also post final pics of them later) and he seemed to really like them :) then i got a picture and managed to hold myself together before totallllly fangurling in the cab back to my hotel :teehee:

Oh wowza, did he say when in New York?

I am on a crap computer at a hotel in Barcelona so this has to be short, but last night was FANTASTIC. I totally agree with Tiibet about singing along during songs such as OMS and I See You, but i tried as hard as I could to block them out and they were both so beautifully done!! I have some nice video of I See You which I will upload asap but who knows when as I am travelling for another week or so. I wasn`t sure how i would like the dr. john outfit coat thing based on videos from other gigs, but i actually really liked it!! it fits so well with the song and of course, leave it to Mika to pull off something like that perfectly :)

the energy of the concert was so great (gotta love smaller venues for that reason!) and his talking bits were so amusing (my friends who i went with, who aren`t as familar with Mika didn`t understand why i was laughing so hard at some points :roftl:) and everything -- as usual -- felt so incredibly natural and the whole `story` of the show flowed so well. everything was amazing :) i can`t wait to upload my vids and pics, but like i said, who knows how long :aah:

:shocked::shocked:

He's giving hints of coming back, wonderful:biggrin2:

They are Cherubs.

And I agree with you, I wish people would not sing during I See You, AOW, and OMS. I love listening to him singing them, it's so much better.

OMS, no.

I See You and Any Other World...? Certain bits.

The "I'm standing across from you, I've dreamt alone now the dreams won't do..." I think is fine. Or even the repetition of "I See You".

With Any Other World, I think the crowd singing the chorus is really powerful, as shown in Parc Des Princes:

OMS, no.

I See You and Any Other World...? Certain bits.

The "I'm standing across from you, I've dreamt alone now the dreams won't do..." I think is fine. Or even the repetition of "I See You".

With Any Other World, I think the crowd singing the chorus is really powerful, as shown in Parc Des Princes:

I agree :thumb_yello:

I've always wondered about the numbering system, does your number in the q affect your postion in the row, as in center, right or left? Or is it just to determine whether the person would be in front row, second,etc.. ?

Oh and thanks for the reports so far! :thumb_yello:

Aww, Tiibet! Thank you for such a fantastic, detailed report. You have nothing to worry about with your English -your written English is better than some native English speakers. I've never had a problem understanding you either on the forums or in person. :huglove:

In the end of WAG he took his shirt off, and it felt a nice gesture, if you understand what I mean. I hope he did it because he felt ”this was a great show, I enjoyed it and feel good and hot and I will take my shirt off” and not because he is tired of people complaining the lack of his attention to the audience. Him being shirtless is not that important to me, but um, he does look pretty though. Of course I can see it, there is no point to deny it. And on stage he always knows excatly how incredible atractive he is (he never takes it too seriously though), and that contrast to his shy person after shows is SO adorable, I can’t fight against it, I feel always so <fangurl>

I know what you mean. I don't mind if he wants to stay fully clothed, but I'm certainly not about to complain if he decided he wants to be shirtless. There's no denying that he's nice to look at. :teehee: And I'm in the same mindset as you, it's great if he wants to take his shirt off but you just want him to do it for his own sake, not in response to complaints. :wub2:

For me there are always a few highlights. During Over My Sholder and I See You I’m in heaven. Honestly. I can feel I’m in a soft and warm place and I can (almost) see those beautiful little angel boys (what are they called?) flying around the venue. Most of them have shy and happy smiles and some of them look even a bit wild and they are flying around and I just listen to his beautiful voice. Nothing compares to that. All I hear is his voice until I hear the audience singing. And at that moment those little angel boys (in my imagination) look a bit scared, even the wild ones. If I could make three wishes I would first wish a long and happy life to my family, secondly that my husband will love me forever even though I'm using all his money for traveling around the world after a pretty popstar and thirdly that people would NOT sing along during songs like OMS and I See You. There are enough other songs for that. Oh, I sound such a horrible person. Also, I wish we could ask him to use less smoke during I See You, because at the most important moment of the show I really can't see him and I would love to because it's a BEAUTIFUL moment.

:tears:

I love the imagery here with the little angel boys - "cherubs" in English - floating around the venue with shy and happy smiles. It really does feel like something profound is happening when he sings those songs. For me it's as though we're experiencing a slice of something so beautiful it almost tests the limits of human capacity to process such beauty. I find that with Over My Shoulder especially. When he gets to those powerful notes I really have to remind myself to breathe. Combining his visual beauty with the stunning power of his voice really does feel like a temporary glimpse into soft and warm place that is just impossible to reach in day-to-day life. I was just floored when he started singing it in Oslo. After the acoustic tour I was sure I'd never hear it again. :wub2:

I bought a poster and it was signed but I was hoping he could write something to it, because it's not the same thing to have a signature you paid for. He asked me that "you do know there is signature down there" and I told I knew, but that it's not the same. So he wrote my name to it and after that he gave me a pretty smile. And it was very surprising and made me very happy, because he never smiles at me. Well, maybe those small polite smiles he gives to everyone even he doesn't actually see people, but not real smiles. And I always think why and what's wrong with me, because I have seen how he smiles when he sees familiar people.He smiled at me last summer in Berlin (I have pic as a proof) but usually he doesn't even look at me, but yesterday he gave a very pretty smile, so I was quite happy. Berlin seems to be my lucky city. So see you there next year or year after that.

Aw, that's sweet! That was so kind of him to write your name next to the siggy. And that smile. :wub2:

Also, I had a pic with Jimmy, and it's a funny memory. I look bad in the pic and though Jimmy is so handsome he doesn't look very fresh but we both smile.

You're gonna post it, right? :teehee:

Mika was obsessed with the fact that we were there from NYC haha he was very excited... he even said that they were planning "something special" for new york, and mentioned something about a week long event with several shows...! i gave him the bracelets i made (check the mika art thread...i´ll also post final pics of them later) and he seemed to really like them :) then i got a picture and managed to hold myself together before totallllly fangurling in the cab back to my hotel.

:swoon:

Aw, glad he liked your bracelets!! Did you happen to get this conversation with Mika on video? Arrrgh, he keeps hinting about doing something in NYC, and no details ever surface. A week long event with several shows? How mad and amazing would that be?! :aah:

And I gotta say I LOL'd at the bit about holding yourself toegether until getting into a cab, then totally fangurling. Been there, done that. :naughty:

I've always wondered about the numbering system, does your number in the q affect your postion in the row, as in center, right or left? Or is it just to determine whether the person would be in front row, second,etc.. ?

All the numbering system does is allow the first person who arrives at the venue to enter first, the second person to arrive to enter second, etc. Once they've checked your tickets (and sometimes bags) you're free to enter the actual concert area and choose whichever available place you prefer. :thumb_yello:

it's just about letting people in. how fast you run once you're inside, and whether you prefer to stand for example 2nd row center or front row on the side, is up to you. :wink2:

2 of my vids up so far (still processing, so quality will improve later)

talk before + during SITM, with mika swearing in german :naughty: - didn't catch the part when jimmy shouted "ar...loch" first, but at least i got mika saying it :roftl::

blue eyes, with a bit of talking about SITM before:

talk before + during SITM, with mika swearing in german :naughty: - didn't catch the part when jimmy shouted "ar...loch" first, but at least i got mika saying it :roftl::

Thanks for posting! I loooove Blue Eyes so much. :wub2:

What's he on about, though? "It's been two years since we performed last in Berlin." Erm... no, Mika, it hasn't even been a year, actually. :naughty:

All the numbering system does is allow the first person who arrives at the venue to enter first, the second person to arrive to enter second, etc. Once they've checked your tickets (and sometimes bags) you're free to enter the actual concert area and choose whichever available place you prefer. :thumb_yello:

it's just about letting people in. how fast you run once you're inside, and whether you prefer to stand for example 2nd row center or front row on the side, is up to you. :wink2:

Oh okay.. thanks :thumb_yello:

Thanks 4 the vids Mellody! :wink2:Yestdy read that Mika was in a very good mood, so this gig must have been amzaing 4 those of u who were there! can't wait for more reports :boing:

tiibet - thank you so much for your detailed and intimate report, i found it very moving.

OMG, new york...can't wait to hear about North American dates...so hope i can make it to more than one!

Thanks for posting! I loooove Blue Eyes so much. :wub2:

What's he on about, though? "It's been two years since we performed last in Berlin." Erm... no, Mika, it hasn't even been a year, actually. :naughty:

:aah: Poor boy is losing it :roftl:

Lovely report Tiibet!!!

I'm happy he finally gave you THE smile

Awww, thanks Katrien :wub2: And I'm so envious because you always look so pretty in your pics! I look so bad in my pic with Jimmy :roftl:

That's such a loveable and honest report!!! I love it - especially the parts I highlighted. T4P

Thank you :blush-anim-cl: I'm so glad you got your pics signed with your friend, they are gorgeous! I love his t-shirt in the pics, so funny detail!

Aww, tiibet, I loved reading your report. It's so true and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It's so true what you said about that secret society of madness.

And you got that smile.

:huglove: Secret society of madness... :roftl:

Thank you so much.

Even though you don't feel comfortable writing reports I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much Kodes :wub2:

They are Cherubs.

And I agree with you, I wish people would not sing during I See You, AOW, and OMS. I love listening to him singing them, it's so much better.

Yes, cherubs! Thanks Rose! It's almost the same word in Finnish, but I guess I'm still a bit tired...

lovely report tiibet, don't worry bout your english, it's fine! i could tell you were really happy+excited yesterday after the gig when we said goodbye, it's nice to see you go :fangurl:!!

:teehee: Yes, I was in a really happy mood, lol! Not only because of the m&g but the gig too.

When he gets to those powerful notes I really have to remind myself to breathe. Combining his visual beauty with the stunning power of his voice really does feel like a temporary glimpse into soft and warm place that is just impossible to reach in day-to-day life. I was just floored when he started singing it in Oslo. After the acoustic tour I was sure I'd never hear it again.

You're gonna post it, right?

It's definitely how you say it :wub2:

Post the pic? I'm not sure yet :teehee:

tiibet - thank you so much for your detailed and intimate report, i found it very moving.

Thank you for your kind words :wub2:

I'm uploading my vids. It takes some time...

WAG

Love Today

(Btw, love it how he is interacting with Jimmy and Martin more and more!)

Any Other World

Relax

(this one is still processing while I write, so wait a moment :wink2:)

yeah, some ppl from the crowd shouted it as well that it was just one year, but guess he didn't hear it. this was his text for every german city... and btw, it's not even true, from 2007 to now are more 3 than 2 years. :lmfao: oh well, mika... :naughty: i forgive him almost everything though when he talks german in such a cute way! :wub2:

btw, sth else i remembered, during i see you he jumped from the piano with his umbrella, it looked for a moment like mary poppins flying with the umbrella. :wub2: i missed to photograph/video it though, hope someone has it, it looked really fab. he had a bit of a weird face expression though when he landed, i thought (and i wasn't the only one...) in the first moment he had hurt his foot again or something! :aah: he stayed in the same place for quite a while after that, but when he walked off stage everything looked ok, and he danced like mad after that for LT, relax etc. - so i guess maybe he just felt a pain in his foot (?) for a moment after jumping but it went away. or maybe i'm misinterpreting things, but statue of liberty noticed it as well from the other side, he did indeed have a sort of "uh-oh..." face expression for a moment after jumping. :rolls_eyes:

here's my video of over my shoulder, and the talk before it. that was hilarious, he sat down at the piano and started "i'm gonna sing a song..." and then noticed that he didn't have his microphone stand, and was looking for it. :roftl: i missed that bit, but you can see how it continued in my video - so funny! :lmfao: that's what i love so much, those little things going wrong, and mika laughing and making it even funnier with his comments. :roftl:

Edited by mellody

WAG

Love Today

Any Other World

Relax

Thank you so much for sharing Tiibet.

Your vids are always great!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Love them!

Thank you so much! We really need not only singing, but to watch how he's talking to audience. It is a very important part of any show!

Please, go on recording his conversations during the next gigs!:thumb_yello:

talk before + during SITM, with mika swearing in german :naughty: - didn't catch the part when jimmy shouted "ar...loch" first, but at least i got mika saying it

T4P! I could spent an whole evening just listening to Mika swearing, love it - especially in german or when he's using the F-word. Oh, and that he knew how to say "Scheissding" was in fact quite impressive! :naughty:

Thank you :blush-anim-cl: I'm so glad you got your pics signed with your friend, they are gorgeous! I love his t-shirt in the pics, so funny detail!

Thank YOU, appreciate that a lot!! :huglove: We are so happy about our pictures - and we love his shirt as well. "I had a strange dream last night" matched perfect (in a positive sense!) with how we felt the whole evening including the BG thing and backstage m&g. Good choice, Mika :thumb_yello::roftl:

WAG

Love Today

Any Other World

Relax

THANK YOU - your vids really deserve an Academy Award :wub2:

here's my video of over my shoulder, and the talk before it. that was hilarious, he sat down at the piano and started "i'm gonna sing a song..." and then noticed that he didn't have his microphone stand, and was looking for it. :roftl: i missed that bit, but you can see how it continued in my video - so funny! :lmfao:that's what i love so much, those little things going wrong, and mika laughing and making it even funnier with his comments. :roftl:

Totally agree!!! Hilarious and adorable at the same time ;)

Edited by Nightbird

K, I'm ready. More or less. :teehee:

It's going to be a huge report compared to the one I made for Manchester. :roftl:

First of all, I really enjoyed meeting Keti and her mum. Very friendly and great partners for chats, they've really made my waiting for the gig and M&G special. :wub2:

And thanks Keti for coming over to check how my numberless queue was going. It was very sweet of you. :huglove:

I had no number, but I got an awesome place.dirol.gif

I had a Russian (?) couple next to me who wanted to leave after the opening act, because they thought that was MIKA. I just told them no, stay a little longer. :naughty: I enjoyed it, though. Their music was different from what I expected.

He sang really well. :wub2: I laughed all the time, he was really fun. The sort of mood he was in at the acoustic show in Milan last year. He made it clear that if you shout "Mika I love you, marry me, sing so and so, take off your shirt/trousers/underwear etc.", he doesn't understand. He gets something similar to a Donald Duck scream. So give it up, guys. :roftl:

So amazing gig and great voice. I really loved his shadow on the screen at the back :rolls_eyes:, especially when he was trying to destroy that poor piano. :mf_rosetinted: