REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Huxley's: Berlin, Germany - March 24, 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He sang really well. :wub2: I laughed all the time, he was really fun. The sort of mood he was in at the acoustic show in Milan last year. He made it clear that if you shout "Mika I love you, marry me, sing so and so, take off your shirt/trousers/underwear etc.", he doesn't understand. He gets something similar to a Donald Duck scream. So give it up, guys. :roftl:

That Milan gig last summer is still my favourite of all the gigs I've been to. He was in a great mood, the venue was perfect, and the Milan crowd were so great. :wub2:

And, that's hilarious about him not hearing the random audience screams. Because of his in-ear monitor, I presume? :roftl:

Looks like we'll all need to make giant signs instead that read "Mikaaaa, I wanna have your babies!!!!" :roftl:

he understood the brazil thing in wiesbaden though. :naughty: well, bits of it at least.

i'm currently uploading the part you were talking about, laura, it was quite funny! :roftl:

only got the talking before toy boy this time though, not the song itself.

and LOL @ that russian couple! :lmfao: good that you told them to stay. :naughty:

*sorry, the quote button isn't working on this computer im using arrgh.*

no further details on the new york thing... guess we'll have to be watching closely!!

and unfortunately, my friend believed she was recording the convo when in fact the button on the camera didn't work :(

and mellody, i don't believe we met, but you may have seen me... i was the one with the 4 friends (speaking english) who were going slightly insane because they were cold...hahha they were pretty hard to miss, but i guess i love them a lot for sticking with me till he came out :biggrin2:

*sorry, the quote button isn't working on this computer im using arrgh.*

no further details on the new york thing... guess we'll have to be watching closely!!

and unfortunately, my friend believed she was recording the convo when in fact the button on the camera didn't work :(

and mellody, i don't believe we met, but you may have seen me... i was the one with the 4 friends (speaking english) who were going slightly insane because they were cold...hahha they were pretty hard to miss, but i guess i love them a lot for sticking with me till he came out :biggrin2:

What about NYC? :naughty:

ok, here are my last 2 berlin videos for today (got at least one more, think it was dr john, but will upload that another time, maybe tomorrow...):

talking before toy boy:

intro and a bit of the shirtless part of WAG:

- thought i could film it, but as you can see, i move too much, mika moves too much, the confetti is in the way, so i decided to take pix instead after filming for a few seconds. :bleh: will upload the pix tomorrow. :wink2: anyway, tiibet's video is better, but i know that there are people who want to see this from every possible angle, so i uploaded it anyway. :naughty:

btw, is it just me or does it look like he's a bit uncomfortable shirtless, the way he holds his arms in front of his body most of the time? :blink: i don't really get it though, he never seemed uncomfortable with being shirtless on stage, like at the whole 2007 tour during the drum solo, or at the beginning of the US/asia shows... :blink: and in berlin, it's not like we made him take off his shirt... :naughty: so well, guess it's just me misinterpreting things. :teehee:

and i also don't get why at some shows he takes off his shirt and at most he doesn't. :blink: it can't be the heat or the crowd reactions... in wiesbaden it was the hottest temperatures in the venue that i can remember from any mika gig, and the crowd was better/louder than in berlin too imo.

but well, however, obviously he felt like it, for whatever reason, and i surely won't complain. :fisch::naughty::swoon:

Thank you all so much for all the photos/videos and reports!

Especially thanks to you, tiibet -- you wrote such a lovely report, you

needn't feel self-conscious about it at all! You expressed beautifully

a lot of the things that I have thought and felt when I've been watching

Mika perform, too. :wub2:

PART 2:

A few comments about the show. First of all, he sounded so good. Of course he sometimes sounds even better, like during acoustic gigs and when he is really concentrating on his singing, but it was a brilliant performance once again. He took more contact to the audience than he did in Hamburg. He was not as smiling and chatty as in Oslo, but he talked and smiled and seemed to be in a good mood. In the end of WAG he took his shirt off, and it felt a nice gesture, if you understand what I mean. I hope he did it because he felt ”this was a great show, I enjoyed it and feel good and hot and I will take my shirt off” and not because he is tired of people complaining the lack of his attention to the audience. Him being shirtless is not that important to me, but um, he does look pretty though :blush-anim-cl: Of course I can see it, there is no point to deny it. And on stage he always knows excatly how incredible atractive he is (he never takes it too seriously though), and that contrast to his shy person after shows is SO adorable, I can’t fight against it, I feel always so :fangurl: And I love his dancing. He is not the best dancer in the world (sometimes he jumps like at an aerobic class and his long skinny legs look even longer and it’s just so sweet). He seems to enjoy it so much, watching him dancing fills me with joy every time :wub2:

Some details. I like BG leg they throw to the audience during BG, it makes people laugh and I think it’s good idea in the beginning of the show. They couldn't use it in Hamburg because there was not space enough for it, but they used it again last night. Yesterday they threw it a bit longer way than they did earlier, but Mika didn’t joke around it as much as earlier. It’s was a lot of fun though. During Dr John he lost his hat. I still think the best Dr John is from Belfast, I haven’t seen that much eye contact during that song after that, but something funny happened with the Dr John coat last night when it was falling (and the band laughed), and it gave the whole song a relaxed start. During GGG he forgot (?) his hat and he had to do some extra movements in the end of the final dance with Imma (or maybe he did it on purpose, don't know). Their dance is so charming every time, they both look so beautiful.

For me there are always a few highlights. During Over My Sholder and I See You I’m in heaven. Honestly. I can feel I’m in a soft and warm place and I can (almost) see those beautiful little angel boys (what are they called?) flying around the venue. Most of them have shy and happy smiles and some of them look even a bit wild and they are flying around and I just listen to his beautiful voice. Nothing compares to that. All I hear is his voice until I hear the audience singing. And at that moment those little angel boys (in my imagination) look a bit scared, even the wild ones. If I could make three wishes I would first wish a long and happy life to my family, secondly that my husband will love me forever even though I'm using all his money for traveling around the world after a pretty popstar and thirdly that people would NOT sing along during songs like OMS and I See You. There are enough other songs for that. Oh, I sound such a horrible person :blink: Also, I wish we could ask him to use less smoke during I See You, because at the most important moment of the show I really can't see him and I would love to because it's a BEAUTIFUL moment :blush-anim-cl:

Any Other World and Happy Ending are my other favorites every time, it happened last night too. I also always look forward LT and I LOVE those new strong sounds, they are fantastic. You do know what I mean? Yesterday he did some chair dancing during Relax, but not as much as he usually does. The WAG intro is incredible beautiful, it makes the live version so much better than the album version. And I must admit I never used to love Lollipop earlier, but now I always look forward to it because of the drumming intro. It’s one my favorite parts during the whole show. I love how he looks a bit mad and I have a feeling that we (he and all of us) share a huge secret. Like we are all a bit mad, and we can understand something no one outside the venue can’t. And then after Lollipop the show is over but at the same time it’s not over, because Kick Ass is not just a song after the show, it’s part of the show, and people wait for it and stay where they are and dance. Love it :mf_lustslow:

IMG_4263.jpg

And he told his puppet that he loves him, but still he left him to sit in a chair after the show, lonely and abandoned. Sometimes kids do things like that :teehee:

IMG_4257.jpg

I bought a poster and it was signed but I was hoping he could write something to it, because it's not the same thing to have a signature you paid for. He asked me that "you do know there is signature down there" and I told I knew, but that it's not the same :blush-anim-cl: So he wrote my name to it and after that he gave me a pretty smile. And it was very surprising and made me very happy, because he never smiles at me. Well, maybe those small polite smiles he gives to everyone even he doesn't actually see people, but not real smiles. And I always think why and what's wrong with me, because I have seen how he smiles when he sees familiar people.He smiled at me last summer in Berlin (I have pic as a proof) but usually he doesn't even look at me, but yesterday he gave a very pretty smile, so I was quite happy. Berlin seems to be my lucky city. So see you there next year or year after that :aah:

Also, I had a pic with Jimmy, and it's a funny memory. I look bad in the pic and though Jimmy is so handsome he doesn't look very fresh but we both smile :roftl:

Tiibet you should definitely write reports more often. This one is so beautifully written!!

I was just watching some of the Berlin vids, they're fantastic!! Especially toy boy:wub2:

Thanks so much tiibet and Karin:flowers2:

@Karin

Love how you always film the talking bits. I always try to film these parts of the show too:biggrin2:

PART 1

I don’t usually write proper reports :teehee: I feel uncomfortable because of my English and there’s no point to tell things other people can say so much better. Please forgive all my funny expressions. I hope you can mostly understand what I'm trying to say.

I just had to quote you here, Nina, because I loved everything that you wrote. Thank you SO much. It's so well expressed, cute, sweet and heartfelt, and totally written from the heart, that it made me really happy reading it.

Thanks again :wub2:.

Tiibet you should definitely write reports more often. This one is so beautifully written!!

I just had to quote you here, Nina, because I loved everything that you wrote. Thank you SO much. It's so well expressed, cute, sweet and heartfelt, and totally written from the heart, that it made me really happy reading it.

Thanks again :wub2:.

You are both so kind saying all that, thank you :wub2: I felt so silly after writing my report and thought that maybe I should not always say what I think :blush-anim-cl:

I just can`t say anything new. you all described it so very well already. :thumb_yello: this gig has been so much fun! :yay: and it`s been so much fun meeting you all (again)! :wink2: Tiibet, thanks again for letting us using your toilet in Hamburg! :flowers2::blush-anim-cl:

In Hamburg he tried to say "Ich möchte (möichte :roftl:) ein Lied singen..." which he kinda messed up. And in Berlin he said "Ich will ein Lied singen...". guess, he didn`t wanted us to laugh about him again! :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2: Did anyone else notice this change?

And, that's hilarious about him not hearing the random audience screams. Because of his in-ear monitor, I presume? :roftl:

Looks like we'll all need to make giant signs instead that read "Mikaaaa, I wanna have your babies!!!!" :roftl:

I think she means that Mika will pretend he can't hear if you shout out things like "Will you marry me?!" :naughty:

I think she means that Mika will pretend he can't hear if you shout out things like "Will you marry me?!" :naughty:

yup, that's what i thought too. :naughty: would be interesting though how he would pretend if they had a banner. :lmfao: maybe "you have an awful handwriting, i can't read that!" :roftl:

yup, that's what i thought too. :naughty: would be interesting though how he would pretend if they had a banner. :lmfao: maybe "you have an awful handwriting, i can't read that!" :roftl:

"Sorry, I can't read that. I'm not wearing my contacts."

:lol3:

There's a short article about the gig (well, more about a LG/BG that won the magazine's competition) in the "Berliner Kurier": http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-kurier/print/berlin/298953.html

Sandra's dance with Mika

Heart-throb Mika: No fan came as close to him as Sandra Mönnich (23) during his gig in the Huxley's. The dentist's assistant from Bernau applied at the KURIER and made it: She was allowed to dance with the star to "Lollipop". "I've danced in the Friedrichsstadtpalast in a children's revue. But with Mika it was something special. He's so cute."

But not only Sandra got bewitched by Mika. The pop-sweetie jumped around and danced on the piano, so the 1600 other guests held their breath. Unless they didn't sing out loud along: "We are golden!" Very nice: a danceable version of the usually sad song "Happy Ending" and the encore "Grace Kelly".

Don't think my English was good now, but you'd get an idea of what they've said, I guess.

Erm, Happy Ending was danceable? Have I been to a different gig? :blink: And I like how they pretend that this girl was the only one on stage and dancing with Mika a waltz or something :naughty:

In Hamburg he tried to say "Ich möchte (möichte :roftl:) ein Lied singen..." which he kinda messed up. And in Berlin he said "Ich will ein Lied singen...". guess, he didn`t wanted us to laugh about him again! :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2: Did anyone else notice this change?

Yes, same impression here! :naughty: Damn, I have been so looking forward to this sentence in Berlin and to have a laugh again... *g* Clever boy :wink2:

btw, a little anecdote from the queuing... maybe some of you remember that at the acoustic tour berlin gig there was a really nasty woman who complained a lot about our numbers system and compared it with a concentration camp. she was there again this time, and of course complaining again about the fact that there was a queue with and one without numbers. she didn't use such harsh comparisons this time, just moaned generally and said sth like "what sense does that numbers stuff make anyway?!", and i explained to her that it was so people who come later and want to push their way to the front, don't get the chance to do that... and by which of course i don't mean her, but there are in fact people who do that. :naughty: looks like this kinda reverse psychology worked, she was quiet after that... probably also because she was standing quite close to the door, in the non-numbers queue, so maybe she thought she could push in anyway. :P i forgot to have a look at her face when the numbers queue got in first and numbers were checked, i'm sure she didn't look very happy. :naughty:

thanx again to john for organizing this so well. :wub2: hope it works in munich again too with the extra queue, as i remember there was lots of pushing at the entrance the last time, and people pushing in from the sides.

Nina, I loved your report..:wub2:

IMG_4263.jpg

And he told his puppet that he loves him, but still he left him to sit in a chair after the show, lonely and abandoned. Sometimes kids do things like that :teehee:

IMG_4257.jpg

Well spotted:teehee:

I bought a poster and it was signed but I was hoping he could write something to it, because it's not the same thing to have a signature you paid for. He asked me that "you do know there is signature down there" and I told I knew, but that it's not the same :blush-anim-cl: So he wrote my name to it and after that he gave me a pretty smile. And it was very surprising and made me very happy, because he never smiles at me. Well, maybe those small polite smiles he gives to everyone even he doesn't actually see people, but not real smiles. And I always think why and what's wrong with me, because I have seen how he smiles when he sees familiar people.He smiled at me last summer in Berlin (I have pic as a proof) but usually he doesn't even look at me, but yesterday he gave a very pretty smile, so I was quite happy.

:huglove: I am sure he likes you. You are always very polite and behave in the most appropriate way. Was it only my impression that you were dancing more in Berlin than at other gigs? Even with the camera in your hand... I think you were probably using it less than usual. Not so good news for people who love watching your videos but perhaps you could enjoy the show even more.

PS: I will write my report very soon, as soon as I finish reading the new threads.. sorry for not doing it earlier. I had other commitments I needed to finish first.

You are both so kind saying all that, thank you :wub2: I felt so silly after writing my report and thought that maybe I should not always say what I think :blush-anim-cl:

Always say what you think Tiibet ... I loved reading your report ... I come in here more for the reports than even the videos and pictures ... I just love the way people express themselves and what they've experienced through seeing him ... :wub2: It just takes you back to your own memories again and makes you excited for your next Mika moment/gig ... loved the way you write too ... please do more reports ... don't let this one be a one off :huglove:

So, finally I have time to write my gig report. ..

You would think there is nothing to write about about my 6th gig on this tour but actually, things have just started to sink in, so I decided to do a summary while I still remember.

The show itself was great: Mika was in top form and worked hard on getting people in the mood. I think he knew exactly what to expect in terms of the audience probably being a little bit more reserved than at other gigs, but he handled it really well. He went from the usual no eye-contact during the first 10-15 mins to eventually taking his shirt off during WAG. I guess the latter is a sign of him enjoying himself and teasing the audience who was actually very appreciative of him, despite their relative passivity.

To me, the best part was Over My Shoulder. After Little Noise I would have never thought he can ever pull it off so well at a ’normal’, non-acoustic gig…but he has done it.. :thumb_yello:I watched the performance from Oslo and I loved it but hearing it live was just so.....different :swoon:.

I like how it starts with his voice and the keyboards in the background only and then he continues on the piano with the other voice added soon after… This gradual build-up makes the whole performance much more exciting and dynamic. I also loved what he said about the song before he started. He said that writing this song at the age of 16 made all the difference for him since this one no longer consisted of the same chords he was using until then, and also, it suited his voice best… (I can’t but agree :blush-anim-cl: ) Also, I wonder if it’s just me who thinks that his voice sounds way better in this one then when he was singing it in 2007 and 2008… I call it his voice ’maturing’ but it might also have to do with him becoming more confident in performing. I first noticed it when he sang LJ and OMS at Little Noise. At first I thought it was due to the circumstances of the gig and that he cannot replicate such performances at regular gigs but he obviously can. :wub2:

Continuing with my other usual favourite, Happy Ending, I wanted to ask people who attended the other German gigs if he also left out the classical music bit from the beginning of the song… I hope not as I loved it and that particular piece would have been most appropriate to be played in Leipzig…(that would have been tonight:cool: ) .. Anyway, he might have simply decided to do only a piano version at small gigs and the violins might return at bigger venues.

I also realise now how much I like the performances into which he brings in a little bit of theatre. Such performances are I See You and Dr John. Whilst I don’t think Mika is a good actor when he needs to ’act as Mika’– i.e pose, say a pre-written script…etc-, I think he is very good at playing characters, particularly mischievous ones, like Dr John :teehee: . Perhaps he should write more songs with such characters :biggrin2:

And finally, the TB performance.. No wonder why it is his favourite part of the gig. He can improvise, test and tease the audience, do exactly the way he pleases that night… That night was also fun, with people shouting things to him in German, him spotting a bloke wearing a crown made from baloons in the 10th row or so...etc. :roftl:he also said that the puppet maker was instructed to create a puppet that looked like him and added that the puppet turning out like that was the evidence that the person did not like him…:roftl:( in case it is difficult to understand, let me translate: he also thinks that the puppet is ugly :naughty: )

:huglove: I am sure he likes you. You are always very polite and behave in the most appropriate way. Was it only my impression that you were dancing more in Berlin than at other gigs? Even with the camera in your hand... I think you were probably using it less than usual. Not so good news for people who love watching your videos but perhaps you could enjoy the show even more.

I don't know, I think I have danced lately more than earlier. It was really fun in Berlin. I really don't usually enjoy dancing in a big way, I'm a bit quiet person :blush-anim-cl: I even can't dance or sing and it's more difficult to enjoy the music if I force myself to dance too much. It's okay if it comes naturally like in Berlin. But do you think he hates people if they can't dance? :blink: And we should all be golden :sneaky2:

Thanks for your report, Suzie :wub2: I was already hoping that you write about OMS and Toy Boy :wink2: