• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya!

I am back from the coolest gig ever! :kachinga:

I must confess I had mixed feelings about going to Vienna because you don’t know what you can expect in small countries where Mika is hardly known at all. Also, with so many first gig-goers you’d almost expect a little bit of overexcitement (i.e. pushing). However, none of that happened. In fact, there was a most perfect combination of excitement and appreciation for Mika and really polite behaviour both during queueing and at the gig. The first 50 people arriving were from 15 different countries – most representing the ex Hamsburg empire, of course. :king: ( :biggrin2: )

The concert itself didn’t start too promising: the venue had a stange layout and the support act was rather ’funny’ ( :blink: ) but we couldn’t really laugh because we had cameras in our face throughout their performance. (:annoyed_h4h: ) I was trying to hide in embarrassment except when we were covered all in smoke as a result of someone experimenting with smoke machines left over from the eighties. :cool:

When the supporting band finished we saw more, much bigger cameras arriving – it turned out that they’d be filming the first 3 songs. (For online viewing only – so we were told, anyway. )

Then the lights went out and and the show was about to begin …. You could hear from the cheers that it will be a lively gig and a very active and reactive audience.

Rain, Big Girl and Stuck in the Middle were recorded and the crew left smoothly. You could actually feel from Stuck in the Middle onwards that it will be a great night. And it was! :groovy: You could tell that Mika loved the audience because of their involvement with the show. :pinkbow:

I am not going into details about the show again because I have ’analysed’ it already. The only real difference was the atmosphere and I was really pleased about it because if partly felt like a home gig.:blush-anim-cl:

Before the show we were talking about how many fans who have never been to concerts abroad think that the best atmosphere must be in London. It was far not the case with this tour at all, in my opinion. I only attended 4 shows in the UK (2 in London) and the audience was much more in touch with Mika in both Belfast and Bristol.

Anyway, my conclusion is that these relatively small, ’melting pot’ gigs are absolutely worth attending and I can only recommend it to anyone :thumb_yello:

PS: IT WAS LOVELY TO MEET YOU ALL!

well said! :thumb_yello: it was really worth going! loved it! I have lots of pics that I will upload and send the link to you guys!

BTW, you can find photos here, I asked the photographer where they'll put them, and she gave me a card...so they're not huge pics...but they're nice. :]

http://www.volume.at/fotos/galerie/m16/1184/

I'll write a report maybe.....dunno yet.

Thank you everyone who made this happen.

PS.: I'm sad they took my camera away...I wanted to take amazing pics.....:huh:

thx for posting

I love this one :roftl:

b8247d6046.jpg

I'm looking through the pics...I believe Zsina is in a red and white checked top...and our little artist is down the in the front row for her first Mika gig!!! You have no idea how happy I am for you :aah: Squeee!

I'm looking through the pics...I believe Zsina is in a red and white checked top...and our little artist is down the in the front row for her first Mika gig!!! You have no idea how happy I am for you :aah: Squeee!

Weeee, yeah that's meeee!! I look terrible on the pics but of well. :biggrin2:

Aww, thank you! I'm sooo happy....totally tired coz got home at 5 and didn't sleep much, like 3 hours (there's a ball at college today and I'm helping to decorate, and stuff like that...) but I am smiling all the time and it just feels so good. I thought I'd be a freak when I meet Mika, but I wasn't. I mean I was shouting and screaming throughout the gig, but when he came out I was talking to him without any embarrassment at all....it was just so natural, everything went totally smooth. It was just amazing, really. :wub2:

:huglove:

Weeee, yeah that's meeee!! I look terrible on the pics but of well. :biggrin2:

Aww, thank you! I'm sooo happy....totally tired coz got home at 5 and didn't sleep much, like 3 hours (there's a ball at college today and I'm helping to decorate, and stuff like that...) but I am smiling all the time and it just feels so good. I thought I'd be a freak when I meet Mika, but I wasn't. I mean I was shouting and screaming throughout the gig, but when he came out I was talking to him without any embarrassment at all....it was just so natural, everything went totally smooth. It was just amazing, really. :wub2:

:huglove:

Awww, I had fuzzies in my tummy :aah: I'm so glad you got to meet him as well. You gave him a drawing, right? What did he say? Did he see it?

Yeah yeah yeah Tiibet- as I've always said, I'm NOT only here for the music :naughty: so do post if you can. You're camera's normally fine though, guess it was your position? Best ever- WOW. I'm impressed by you, too- I know it's Mika, but... you've seen this tour SO often now, I'd have thought you'd have been a bit blase by now. And Suzie also says it's best ever- sounds very good.

yes, but the same time I'd like to add that it is based on my personal opinion, of course, that is shaped by many factors. In terms of the music and the performance I enjoyed the Berlin at least as much, while considering my personal entertainment throughout the gig the Bristol gig is unbeatable (:naughty:) but this one in Vienna is my ultimate let's party with Mika gig at the moment..:blush-anim-cl::pinkbow:

Edited by suzie

So here's my report...it won't be too long but I just have to share this with you.:teehee:

We arrived at the venue around 12, and got our numbers. I still can't believe that this waiting went so fast.

I got a great spot in a second row, center-stage. I wasn't really fond of the opening band.:teehee:But then again-I'm almost never fond of any opening band, cuz I just wanna see the 'real thing'.:naughty:Anyways I couldn't wait to see Mika and the band after almost 3 years. It was so mind-blowing. Lots of things about this gig, like setlists etc have been and will be said, so I'm not gonna go into them, but I just want to say that I cannot believe this man and his imense energy. He's like a sparkle. Unstoppable. I loved every single second of this show. I enjoyed it so much, and it gave me so much energy. Right now I really feel like I could move the mountains, haha.

After the gig I was able to give Mika my present-it was nothing special-a small magnet with a bit funny drawing of some sort of a puppet that reads- I have a crush on life- and he opened the box, saw it, smiled and said 'I love it'. I think I died a little at the moment, lol, then he thanked me and signed my SFS book.

You know-it's really funny how something like that can make you so happy.:blush-anim-cl:I feel like I was 13.

Beside that- I really loved the fact that there was no pushing, and that there was no screaming when Mika came out for signing. He's so down-to-earth, nice and lovely. I mean I knew all along that he was a great man, but I still can't believe that he's so friendly and nice to take time after a show like that to hang with fans for a while.

I'm really running out of time lately, and I can't spend so much time on the MFC, so I'm a bit out of the loop but all I can say after yesterday's experience is that my 'Mika heat' never died down, and it never will. I have nothing but respect and love for this man.:wub2:

Now I can't wait for EXIT festival, cuz I'm so going. I need my new Mika fix.:biggrin2:

I'll post some pics as soon as I get USB cable.:bleh:

Oh and last but not least-it was nice to meet you all. Hope to see you at other gigs soon.

Tiibet, did you film Lollipop?

I did, but all my vids are ruined (sound) except OMS and Toy Boy, so sorry about that. I might upload WAG if people want to see it and take it away after a while? I mean, he looks quite gorgeous.. It just feels SO WRONG to upload a vid with no proper sound, but I wouldn't leave it there.

I did, but all my vids are ruined (sound) except OMS and Toy Boy, so sorry about that. I might upload WAG if people want to see it and take it away after a while? I mean, he looks quite gorgeous.. It just feels SO WRONG to upload a vid with no proper sound, but I wouldn't leave it there.

Jazzy was asking would you be able to upload Lollipop, so she can see it, if that's okay?:thumb_yello:

I'm really running out of time lately, and I can't spend so much time on the MFC, so I'm a bit out of the loop but all I can say after yesterday's experience is that my 'Mika heat' never died down, and it never will. I have nothing but respect and love for this man.:wub2:

I liked your report, Anna. It was lovely to meet you:thumb_yello:

Now I can't wait for EXIT festival, cuz I'm so going.

I have just found the right train to take...:teehee:

BTW, you can find photos here, I asked the photographer where they'll put them, and she gave me a card...so they're not huge pics...but they're nice. :]

http://www.volume.at/fotos/galerie/m16/1184/

PS.: I'm sad they took my camera away...I wanted to take amazing pics.....:huh:

Thanks, Zsina! How awesome is this one?

img_1184_176.jpg

:wub2:

Glad you had a great first gig -- sorry about the camera, though. How

annoying :(

Thanks everyone else for your reports! And tiibet, I'll vote for you posting

your videos, too -- I bet that you're the one who's most critical of your

own work, the rest of us will not think the sound is so bad (I bet we've

heard worse!), and we just KNOW your picture quality will be amazing!

:thumb_yello:

So... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :flowers2: