REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

Thank you for all the reports and pictures.

The gig and Mika were amazing.When he signed my phone I thought thet I'm going to cry,but when he just looked at me with his beautiful big brown eyes,I knew that I should't.I have a signed phone with this strange drawing:wub2::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for all the reports and pictures.

The gig and Mika were amazing.When he signed my phone I thought thet I'm going to cry,but when he just looked at me with his beautiful big brown eyes,I knew that I should't.I have a signed phone with this strange drawing:wub2::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Post? :teehee:

The Long and Rambling Report, Part 1

My oh my, I don't know where to start my report. The thing is, when a Mika gig is this wonderful my reports get long and rambling. Actually I haven't felt like writing a really long report since Sadler's Wells almost ten months ago. :roftl: I guess this one is my favourite gig now, and it goes by Sadler's Wells just a little bit.

I flew to Vienna on Saturday evening with my parents and younger sister who were going to attend the gig as well. There wasn't much time for sightseeing on Saturday, so we did it on Sunday then. We saw a big church of which name I can't remember. It's some kind of a land mark of Vienna anyway. Very beautiful. We visited the huge Hofburg area, but didn't go to museums or anything. Then we went to Schönbrunn and walked quite a bit... We went to the labyrinth and zoo. We saw the river Donau too, of course (or is it Danube in English? The Finnish name Tonava is the most beautiful in my opinion). We ate in a fancy restaurang near the Schönbrunn zoo. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think their Swarchwald cake was too sugary and I have made a better similar cake. I took pictures, but their place will be on Facebook or Myspace, not in this thread. We noticed that they dub every film and TV show in German in Austria. It was quite, eh... interesting to watch Leonardo DiCaprio speaking German in The Man and the Iron Mask! :roftl:

On Monday my family went for more sighseeing because they didn't want to queue at all. I gave them their tickets and some special quidance on 'how to behave at a Mika gig'. :naughty: My feet had been very sore after walking so much but they were better on Monday. I thought I saw Bianca at breakfast time at the Etap hotel, but wasn't sure it was her until I saw her later in the queue.

To be continued...

Edited by Marianne84

The Long and Rambling Report, Part 1

My oh my, I don't know where to start my report. The thing is, when a Mika gig is this wonderful my reports get long and rambling. Actually I haven't felt like writing a really long report since Sadler's Wells almost ten months ago. :roftl: I guess this one is my favourite gig now, and it goes by Sadler's Wells just a little bit.

I flew to Vienna on Saturday evening with my parents and younger sister who were going to attend the gig as well. There wasn't much time for sightseeing on Saturday, so we did it on Sunday then. We saw a big church of which name I can't remember. It's some kind of a land mark of Vienna anyway. Very beautiful. We visited the huge Hofburg area, but didn't go to museums or anything. Then we went to Schönbrunn and walked quite a bit... We went to the labyrinth and zoo. We saw the river Donau too, of course (or is it Danube in English? The Finnish name Tonava is the most beautiful in my opinion). We ate in a fancy restaurang near the Schönbrunn zoo. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think their Swarchwald cake was too sugary and I have made a better similar cake. I took pictures, but their place will be on Facebook or Myspace, not in this thread. We noticed that they dub every film and TV show in German in Austria. It was quite, eh... interesting to watch Leonardo DiCaprio speaking German in The Man and the Iron Mask! :roftl:

On Monday my family went for more sighseeing because they didn't want to queue at all. I gave them their tickets and some special quidance on 'how to behave at a Mika gig'. :naughty: My feet had been very sore after walking so much but they were better on Monday. I thought I saw Bianca at breakfast time at the Etap hotel, but wasn't sure it was her until I saw her later in the queue.

To be continued...

Was it St Stephens Cathedral?

Sounds familiar, yep I think it was. :)

It's a beautiful Cathedral, I went to mass there over Christmas a few years back, but because they thought I was a tourist, they wouldn't let me go to receive Communion, and not speaking German , had a hard time convincing the steward, I was Catholic:naughty:

Thanks everyone else for your reports! And tiibet, I'll vote for you posting

your videos, too -- I bet that you're the one who's most critical of your

own work, the rest of us will not think the sound is so bad (I bet we've

heard worse!), and we just KNOW your picture quality will be amazing!

:thumb_yello:

So... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :flowers2:

No no, this time I'm not critical at all, I mean the sound is a nightmare :aah: I wasn't using my usual camera. I was using my new camera, and it's useless, I must say. I spent a huge amount of money for a camera I find useless :aah::aah::aah: I'm so angry at myself.

Well, I guess I feel better soon :wink2: I was there and I'm really happy about it. And I have a couple of vids and three first songs were professionally filmed so I can see them later. But when you see WAG you will understand why I'm so disappointed, lol... :biggrin2:

I have an absolutely beautiful wag video from Vienna, but I can't upload it, because the sound is terribly bad :blink: So sorry to tell you that. But um, he looks gorgeous

The gig was the best so far during this tour, loved everything :wub2: No report this time, there wil be many other reports, I think :biggrin2:

Just post the video. It was the highlight of the evening. I can't believe it! :aah:

Indeed. It was awesome! :biggrin2:

PS: IT WAS LOVELY TO MEET YOU ALL!

It was REALLY nice to meet you too, suzy! :huglove:

Oh God, I can't believe it I'm back home. I just arrived and I am sooo happy I have had the time of my life and if Iwere to ask for the perfect gig, it wouldn't have been so perfect! :fangurl:

I'm preparing something beyond a simple report and will post it tomorrow! :wink2:

Also, guys, I found some pics of me on this website, but I can't open the photo :( Can someone help me? there's one on page 8, the third one on the right from up to down and also avery coool one :biggrin2: on page 4, same position. And also, if someone can open more of the pics with Mika because they;re really good and I'd like to have some more of them.

Thanks in advance! :)

it was amaaaaaaazing! it was my first Mika concert and i was a lollipop girl!

loved to meet him! he is so nice! and also loved to meet all the other lollipop girls and big girls! Still feeling in heaven =)

Hi!:biggrin2:

Are you one of the Croatian girls?

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

I can't even BEGIN to tell you all what a great time I had, despite being awake for about 40 hours non-stop and being MORE than tired. Yasmine recognised me from before and when Anna walked past she was all like 'Hiya!! How you doing?' which made me feel just a little bit cool. :mf_rosetinted:

Was lovely meeting the other girls - it was a really really nice group. And the other MFCers too, especially Bianca, who I have been waiting to meet for quite a while. :wink2:

The soundcheck made me die a little bit, because he actually jumped up on stage to do it properly, whereas he doesn't usually, but they played My Interpretation and I completely died. He was wandering about the standing area and I was pretty chilled about it (actually, I was texting Rose and looking WELL not fussed that he was about) and then they started playing that and I went into fangirl mode. Gutted he didn't play it at the gig but I'm sure I'll get to hear it at Milan, Dammy or Eden.

OH YEAH he grabbed me by the hand during Lollipop and pulled me to the front of the stage. That was quite nice/squee-worthy.

Afterwards he was meeting some special needs kids and we were hanging about waiting for our photo and it was so amazing to watch him having proper conversations with these kids, and he was on his knees for most of it so he could have eye contact with them (most of them were in wheelchairs :sad:) but he was just so good with them and it made me die a little bit.

Then he came over to do the picture with us (Yasmine was mega mega good for getting this arranged real quick, I heart her) while he was still in his X shirt and all sweaty (:fangurl:). We were getting them done on different cameras and there was one more to go but I hadn't got mine out and given it to John yet so I said 'Can we make it two more pretty please' and Yasmine took my camera and then Mika just says: "You're English!!!" and I said "Yes!!! London!!" then he said "You're a Londoner!" and I said "Yes! East London!!"

Then, after we were done with pictures he said "What are you doing here?" and I just said "I've got a student loan," and shrugged. He laughed and said about how that's what he used to do with his student loan, and we LOL'd a bit and then I said it kind of balances out because I don't really drink and he laughed. *sigh*

Oh and he said we were REALLY great, he said it as soon as he came over. He was all really hyped up from the gig and it was so nice to see him like that because we usually get him on the comedown but he was completely buzzing.

Afterwards I hung around to see if I could get mine and Rose's tickets signed and was dead pleased that I managed to get them done, particularly Rose's. I said to him 'one of them is Rose's but she couldn't make it' and he smiled in an 'aaaaw, Rose!' kind of way. LOVE IT.

Anyway, better wrap this up because I'm leaving to see Kick Ass in about ten minutes. Was gonna go to sleep but it's my first night back HOME hom and I'm gonna hang out with the BFF. I pulled back the cover of my bed and found a bit of gold confetti though. LOL.

Got some videos, I'll upload them tomorrow - I have the second half of WAG but it's from the side of the stage so there's a restricted view and I don't know what the sound will be like, but hey, it's nakedness AND SPEAKING OF WHICH. When he came off after Relax, John was clearing us out of the bit where the band would be coming off after WAG, but I was last going round to the other bit and Mika just walks down the ramp, unbuttoning his shirt then pulls it off as he's walking in my general direction. I SWEAR if I ever lose this memory I will die. It was brilliant. Needless to say I dawdled. Quite a lot. :aah:

no...i´m the brazilian/austrian one =) the little lollipop girl

Yay!!! You joined!!! I'm Jazzy, (obviously) but I was the one with the glasses yesterday. It was lovely meeting you. :thumb_yello:

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

I can't even BEGIN to tell you all what a great time I had, despite being awake for about 40 hours non-stop and being MORE than tired. Yasmine recognised me from before and when Anna walked past she was all like 'Hiya!! How you doing?' which made me feel just a little bit cool. :mf_rosetinted:

Was lovely meeting the other girls - it was a really really nice group. And the other MFCers too, especially Bianca, who I have been waiting to meet for quite a while. :wink2:

The soundcheck made me die a little bit, because he actually jumped up on stage to do it properly, whereas he doesn't usually, but they played My Interpretation and I completely died. He was wandering about the standing area and I was pretty chilled about it (actually, I was texting Rose and looking WELL not fussed that he was about) and then they started playing that and I went into fangirl mode. Gutted he didn't play it at the gig but I'm sure I'll get to hear it at Milan, Dammy or Eden.

OH YEAH he grabbed me by the hand during Lollipop and pulled me to the front of the stage. That was quite nice/squee-worthy.

Afterwards he was meeting some special needs kids and we were hanging about waiting for our photo and it was so amazing to watch him having proper conversations with these kids, and he was on his knees for most of it so he could have eye contact with them (most of them were in wheelchairs :sad:) but he was just so good with them and it made me die a little bit.

Then he came over to do the picture with us (Yasmine was mega mega good for getting this arranged real quick, I heart her) while he was still in his X shirt and all sweaty (:fangurl:). We were getting them done on different cameras and there was one more to go but I hadn't got mine out and given it to John yet so I said 'Can we make it two more pretty please' and Yasmine took my camera and then Mika just says: "You're English!!!" and I said "Yes!!! London!!" then he said "You're a Londoner!" and I said "Yes! East London!!"

Then, after we were done with pictures he said "What are you doing here?" and I just said "I've got a student loan," and shrugged. He laughed and said about how that's what he used to do with his student loan, and we LOL'd a bit and then I said it kind of balances out because I don't really drink and he laughed. *sigh*

Oh and he said we were REALLY great, he said it as soon as he came over. He was all really hyped up from the gig and it was so nice to see him like that because we usually get him on the comedown but he was completely buzzing.

Afterwards I hung around to see if I could get mine and Rose's tickets signed and was dead pleased that I managed to get them done, particularly Rose's. I said to him 'one of them is Rose's but she couldn't make it' and he smiled in an 'aaaaw, Rose!' kind of way. LOVE IT.

Anyway, better wrap this up because I'm leaving to see Kick Ass in about ten minutes. Was gonna go to sleep but it's my first night back HOME hom and I'm gonna hang out with the BFF. I pulled back the cover of my bed and found a bit of gold confetti though. LOL.

Got some videos, I'll upload them tomorrow - I have the second half of WAG but it's from the side of the stage so there's a restricted view and I don't know what the sound will be like, but hey, it's nakedness AND SPEAKING OF WHICH. When he came off after Relax, John was clearing us out of the bit where the band would be coming off after WAG, but I was last going round to the other bit and Mika just walks down the ramp, unbuttoning his shirt then pulls it off as he's walking in my general direction. I SWEAR if I ever lose this memory I will die. It was brilliant. Needless to say I dawdled. Quite a lot. :aah:

Great report Jazzy , nice to have you back!:biggrin2:

Great report Jazzy , nice to have you back!:biggrin2:

It's nice to BE back! I can't understand German, at ALL. :roftl:

I was so bad at it that I was way too scared to go to get anything to eat because I feel rude strolling in and just talking English in a foreign country, so I got Bianca to come with me so I'd stop being a little scaredy cat. :naughty:

The Long and Rambling Report, Part 2

venue1.jpg

venue2.jpg

I had seen the venue the day before, so I knew where the queue was going to be. I went there after 11 am and got number 18. I had planned to try to be a Lollipop Girl. I had to have the number as a back up plan in case it wouldn't work out. I met a lot of 'new' MFC'ers I hadn't met before, a few 'old' ones and a few Mika fans who were not on the MFC or were irregular (registered) visitors - at that time. :naughty: Everyone was so nice, and it was the first gig for quite a few.

There were about 50 fans there when John appeared after 4 pm. He asked if there were volunteers to be a Lollipop Girl or a Big Girl, so of course I said I wanted to be a Lollipop Girl. There were nine of us who were let in, and they didn't even check our tickets. We got wristbands, and there was a soundcheck going on in the hall and we got to watch it. Mika wasn't there and John said something to us which none of really heard because it was so noisy there. He said that we have to wait there... for 45 minutes? Or so I heard. The concert hall looked very small compared to other ones I have seen Mika perform in. I had seen the Gasometer A the day before and I had already wondered how big the hall could be in the Gasometer B. Not very big.

Then Mika arrived, looked at us and said 'hello'. He went to check the sound at the back and then went on stage. We got to watch him sing My Interpretation on top of the piano, and Big Girl after that. It was like a special living room gig for the nine of us! :wub2: He continued singing when we went backstage and met Yasmine. She was really nice, and she gave us the dresses, masks, veils and flowers and made sure that everyone had what they needed. We rehearsed the zombie walk backstage and then on stage to Cherisse's drum beat. It didn't go very smoothly at first but we rehearsed enough times until Yasmine was happy. She gave us a lot quidance: told us when to go on stage and when to go off, put us in hight order and told to us to dance during Lollipop. "Dance, tease the band and have fun. Do whatever you feel like but make sure the movements are big" is basically what she said.

At some point when I think we were already in our dresses Mika went past us in the corridor and said 'allô', to which I replied with 'hello'. I thought it was funny! :naughty: Oh, and Yasmine asked us if we had seen Mika before. It was the first gig for some of the LG's and BG's. I told her that it was my tenth time seeing him. You should have seen the look on her face when she shouted 'tenth'! As if it was so surprising when some people here have seen him over twenty times since 2007. :teehee:

To be continued...

Edited by Marianne84

The Long and Rambling Report, Part 2

I had seen the venue the day before, so I knew where the queue was going to be. I went there after 11 am and got number 18. I had planned to try to be a Lollipop Girl. I had to have the number as a back up plan in case it wouldn't work out. I met a lot of 'new' MFC'ers I hadn't met before, a few 'old' ones and a few Mika fans who were not on the MFC or were irregular (registered) visitors - at that time. :naughty: Everyone was so nice, and it was the first gig for quite a few.

There were about 50 fans there when John appeared after 4 pm. He asked if there were volunteers to be a Lollipop Girl or a Big Girl, so of course I said I wanted to be a Lollipop Girl. There were nine of us who were let in, and they didn't even check our tickets. We got wristbands, and there was a soundcheck going on in the hall and we got to watch it. Mika wasn't there and John said something to us which none of really heard because it was so noisy there. He said that we have to wait there... for 45 minutes? Or so I heard. The concert hall looked very small compared to other ones I have seen Mika perform in. I had seen the Gasometer A the day before and I had already wondered how big the hall could be in the Gasometer B. Not very big.

Then Mika arrived, looked at us and said 'hello'. He went to check the sound at the back and then went on stage. We got to watch him sing My Interpretation on top of the piano, and Big Girl after that. It was like a special living room gig for the nine of us! :wub2: He continued singing when we went backstage and met Yasmine. She was really nice, and she gave us the dresses, masks, veils and flowers and made sure that everyone had what they needed. We rehearsed the zombie walk backstage and then on stage to Cherisse's drum beat. It didn't go very smoothly at first but we rehearsed enough times until Yasmine was happy. She gave us a lot quidance: told us when to go on stage and when to go off, put us in hight order and told to us to dance during Lollipop. "Dance, tease the band and have fun. Do whatever you feel like but make sure the movements are big" is basically what she said.

At some point when I think we were already in our dresses Mika went past us in the corridor and said 'allô', to which I replied with 'hello'. I thought it was funny! :naughty:

To be continued...

Thanks for posting .. tease the band .. cute

Yay!!! You joined!!! I'm Jazzy, (obviously) but I was the one with the glasses yesterday. It was lovely meeting you. :thumb_yello:

i hope we see each other on another conert again! it was really nice.. and i will for sure go to more mika concerts!!!

These are my fave parts of your report Jazzy:biggrin2:

The "you're English" bit sounds so cute and funny!!!

Really enjoyed reading your detailed report:biggrin2:

hi everybody!

I am home - I am back in the reality :-)

as first I would like to say really big THANK YOU to everybody who was there for nice evening and specially to suzie and tiibet for perfect organizing of everything :thumb_yello:

yesterday I spent unforgettable night :wub2: it was my first MIKA´s gig and I still can´t believe I was there :blush-anim-cl: MIKA was amazing...wonderful...gorgeous...my english is no so good and I can´t describe my feelings as well as others...but everybody who already have enjoyed it knows what I mean :-)

so, really thank you MIKA for nice time, thank you to everybody who was there and see you in Paris :-)

it´s like be on drugs...if you once try it you have to continue :-)

and now I have to share my feelings fith my small daughter...she is waiting for all details :-)

and few of my pictures from last night :-)

p3290181.jpg

p3290182.jpg

p3290226.jpg

p3290228.jpg

p3290243.jpg

p3290267.jpg

p3290277.jpg

p3290293.jpg

p3290299.jpg

Edited by sunshine18

awwwwwwwww jazzy! thanks for your long report! :wub2:

see you in milan then! :wink2:

It wasn't gonna be a long one but then I got kind of carried away. :wub2:

He was filming something for a French TV show backstage and we were walking along and they were filming and he just yelled STOP! at us and we froze and he carried on walking past us with the camera. :roftl:

And after we'd done some rehearsals on stage he walked past again and said 'WUNDERBAR!' which made me LOL.

ANDDDDD *is remembering more* he was kneeling on the stage for us during rehearsals and told us to really whack the flowers at him, so I did, and hit him square in the chest and it made a nice noise. :teehee: Can't remember how hard I whacked them during the gig, but I'm pretty sure they hit him. :naughty:

I can't wait for Milan... :wub2:

i hope we see each other on another conert again! it was really nice.. and i will for sure go to more mika concerts!!!

Yesss you should get to more, so you can see the WHOLE show as well, it's greeeeeeat.