REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

I can't even BEGIN to tell you all what a great time I had, despite being awake for about 40 hours non-stop and being MORE than tired. Yasmine recognised me from before and when Anna walked past she was all like 'Hiya!! How you doing?' which made me feel just a little bit cool. :mf_rosetinted:

Was lovely meeting the other girls - it was a really really nice group. And the other MFCers too, especially Bianca, who I have been waiting to meet for quite a while. :wink2:

The soundcheck made me die a little bit, because he actually jumped up on stage to do it properly, whereas he doesn't usually, but they played My Interpretation and I completely died. He was wandering about the standing area and I was pretty chilled about it (actually, I was texting Rose and looking WELL not fussed that he was about) and then they started playing that and I went into fangirl mode. Gutted he didn't play it at the gig but I'm sure I'll get to hear it at Milan, Dammy or Eden.

OH YEAH he grabbed me by the hand during Lollipop and pulled me to the front of the stage. That was quite nice/squee-worthy.

Afterwards he was meeting some special needs kids and we were hanging about waiting for our photo and it was so amazing to watch him having proper conversations with these kids, and he was on his knees for most of it so he could have eye contact with them (most of them were in wheelchairs :sad:) but he was just so good with them and it made me die a little bit.

Then he came over to do the picture with us (Yasmine was mega mega good for getting this arranged real quick, I heart her) while he was still in his X shirt and all sweaty (:fangurl:). We were getting them done on different cameras and there was one more to go but I hadn't got mine out and given it to John yet so I said 'Can we make it two more pretty please' and Yasmine took my camera and then Mika just says: "You're English!!!" and I said "Yes!!! London!!" then he said "You're a Londoner!" and I said "Yes! East London!!"

Then, after we were done with pictures he said "What are you doing here?" and I just said "I've got a student loan," and shrugged. He laughed and said about how that's what he used to do with his student loan, and we LOL'd a bit and then I said it kind of balances out because I don't really drink and he laughed. *sigh*

Oh and he said we were REALLY great, he said it as soon as he came over. He was all really hyped up from the gig and it was so nice to see him like that because we usually get him on the comedown but he was completely buzzing.

Afterwards I hung around to see if I could get mine and Rose's tickets signed and was dead pleased that I managed to get them done, particularly Rose's. I said to him 'one of them is Rose's but she couldn't make it' and he smiled in an 'aaaaw, Rose!' kind of way. LOVE IT.

Anyway, better wrap this up because I'm leaving to see Kick Ass in about ten minutes. Was gonna go to sleep but it's my first night back HOME hom and I'm gonna hang out with the BFF. I pulled back the cover of my bed and found a bit of gold confetti though. LOL.

Got some videos, I'll upload them tomorrow - I have the second half of WAG but it's from the side of the stage so there's a restricted view and I don't know what the sound will be like, but hey, it's nakedness AND SPEAKING OF WHICH. When he came off after Relax, John was clearing us out of the bit where the band would be coming off after WAG, but I was last going round to the other bit and Mika just walks down the ramp, unbuttoning his shirt then pulls it off as he's walking in my general direction. I SWEAR if I ever lose this memory I will die. It was brilliant. Needless to say I dawdled. Quite a lot. :aah:

I'm dreading my phone bill next month:naughty:

Can't wait to see the ticket, I went to bed happy after your call last night:wub2:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm dreading my phone bill next month:naughty:

Can't wait to see the ticket, I went to bed happy after your call last night:wub2:

Good! I'm glad!!

I'm dreading my mum noticing that my phonebill isn't £10 this month. Though I rarely go over so I don't think she'll mind too much.

The Long and Rambling Report, Part 3

We were let into the audience wearing coats over the dresses and man, it was hot there! :shocked: The support act was good every now and then when the songs were starting, but the lead vocalist moved way too much. It was like watching a bad Madonna impersonator, not that I have seen one before this, but hey... There's always a first time for everything! :mf_rosetinted: I was just counting the songs and said a little 'hurray' in my mind everytime the singer mentioned Mika, because I thought that was the last song! :roftl: The support act in Stockholm was much better.

We were on the right side of the stage if you look from the audience's point of view. Some kids were standing next to us and they tried to push their way to the front row. They can't have been more than 12 years old, maybe not even that much, and nearly no one had a parent anywhere near them. I let them go in front of me because they were so little and that was probably their first Mika gig. They seemed to enjoy the support act for some reason. They were in the way of the security and they had to shift back and forth all the time.

I didn't take a lot of pictures during the concert because my old camera is not the best for long-distance photographing. This one is just to show you where we were:

concert.jpg

When Mika played Big Girl and he had the giant inflatable leg on stage, it was so much fun watching him play around it, and it even got stuck on a lamp on the ceiling. Luckily Mika got some help and they were able to remove the leg from the stage. :teehee:

I watched Mika in awe... I think I was more in awe that I have ever been before. His singing is just so... effortless. I enjoyed his "best trumpet solo Vienna has ever seen" (or heard?), and this time I took more notice of the notebook thing than I did in Stockholm. I wasn't as close to Mika this time and I was able to see something else too, you see.

A part of me wanted to see the whole show again, but there was no way going back now... I had dreamed of being a Lollipop Girl for three years, and this could be my only chance. I had been so nervous during the rehearsals that my legs had actually trembled. But I had got my confidence back when we practised the walk with Mika on stage. :wub2: I wasn't scared of the audience at all. I just didn't want to let Mika or Yasmine down. We could have easily messed up the whole show. :blush-anim-cl: We went backstage after Dr. John to get ready for our zombie walk...

To be continued...

Edited by Marianne84

Oh Jazz your report is funny. I'm surprised Mika didn't recognise you from all the other times if he said "Oh! You're English!" :blink: Unless he always thought you were a foreigner? :aah: Though hopefully he'll start remembering you now LOLZ.

Glad you had a great time :huglove:

I am not going into details about the show again because I have ’analysed’ it already. The only real difference was the atmosphere and I was really pleased about it because if partly felt like a home gig.

Before the show we were talking about how many fans who have never been to concerts abroad think that the best atmosphere must be in London. It was far not the case with this tour at all, in my opinion. I only attended 4 shows in the UK (2 in London) and the audience was much more in touch with Mika in both Belfast and Bristol.

Anyway, my conclusion is that these relatively small, ’melting pot’ gigs are absolutely worth attending and I can only recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for your insightful report! I love the picture you painted of a "melting pot" gig. I've only been to one London gig - Sadler's Wells - but it wasn't the best atmosphere on that tour either, IMHO. For me that goes to Brussels and Milan. :wub2:

I couldn't wait to see Mika and the band after almost 3 years. It was so mind-blowing. Lots of things about this gig, like setlists etc have been and will be said, so I'm not gonna go into them, but I just want to say that I cannot believe this man and his imense energy. He's like a sparkle. Unstoppable. I loved every single second of this show. I enjoyed it so much, and it gave me so much energy. Right now I really feel like I could move the mountains, haha.

Aww! I think a lot of us feel that way after a Mika gig. His shows are just so energizing. Thanks for sharing. :wub2:

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

I can't even BEGIN to tell you all what a great time I had, despite being awake for about 40 hours non-stop and being MORE than tired. Yasmine recognised me from before and when Anna walked past she was all like 'Hiya!! How you doing?' which made me feel just a little bit cool. :mf_rosetinted:

Was lovely meeting the other girls - it was a really really nice group. And the other MFCers too, especially Bianca, who I have been waiting to meet for quite a while.

The soundcheck made me die a little bit, because he actually jumped up on stage to do it properly, whereas he doesn't usually, but they played My Interpretation and I completely died. He was wandering about the standing area and I was pretty chilled about it (actually, I was texting Rose and looking WELL not fussed that he was about) and then they started playing that and I went into fangirl mode. Gutted he didn't play it at the gig but I'm sure I'll get to hear it at Milan, Dammy or Eden.

OH YEAH he grabbed me by the hand during Lollipop and pulled me to the front of the stage. That was quite nice/squee-worthy.

Afterwards he was meeting some special needs kids and we were hanging about waiting for our photo and it was so amazing to watch him having proper conversations with these kids, and he was on his knees for most of it so he could have eye contact with them (most of them were in wheelchairs) but he was just so good with them and it made me die a little bit.

Then he came over to do the picture with us (Yasmine was mega mega good for getting this arranged real quick, I heart her) while he was still in his X shirt and all sweaty. We were getting them done on different cameras and there was one more to go but I hadn't got mine out and given it to John yet so I said 'Can we make it two more pretty please' and Yasmine took my camera and then Mika just says: "You're English!!!" and I said "Yes!!! London!!" then he said "You're a Londoner!" and I said "Yes! East London!!"

Then, after we were done with pictures he said "What are you doing here?" and I just said "I've got a student loan," and shrugged. He laughed and said about how that's what he used to do with his student loan, and we LOL'd a bit and then I said it kind of balances out because I don't really drink and he laughed. *sigh*

Oh and he said we were REALLY great, he said it as soon as he came over. He was all really hyped up from the gig and it was so nice to see him like that because we usually get him on the comedown but he was completely buzzing.

Afterwards I hung around to see if I could get mine and Rose's tickets signed and was dead pleased that I managed to get them done, particularly Rose's. I said to him 'one of them is Rose's but she couldn't make it' and he smiled in an 'aaaaw, Rose!' kind of way. LOVE IT.

Anyway, better wrap this up because I'm leaving to see Kick Ass in about ten minutes. Was gonna go to sleep but it's my first night back HOME hom and I'm gonna hang out with the BFF. I pulled back the cover of my bed and found a bit of gold confetti though. LOL.

Got some videos, I'll upload them tomorrow - I have the second half of WAG but it's from the side of the stage so there's a restricted view and I don't know what the sound will be like, but hey, it's nakedness AND SPEAKING OF WHICH. When he came off after Relax, John was clearing us out of the bit where the band would be coming off after WAG, but I was last going round to the other bit and Mika just walks down the ramp, unbuttoning his shirt then pulls it off as he's walking in my general direction. I SWEAR if I ever lose this memory I will die. It was brilliant. Needless to say I dawdled. Quite a lot.

Love the detail! :wub2:

Your report reminds me of my own report from the first time I was a LG back in 2008. That night also involved Mika stripping right in front of me (and no, that memory doesn't fade :teehee:)

I also got to see him with a disabled fan - just one, in my case - and I remember being so moved at how good he was with her. The fan I saw him with was severely disabled - to the point of being unable to speak, and having to communicate by pointing at letters on a tray of her wheelchair - but he was just so warm and tender with her that it just made me melt. He's such a good person, isn't he. :tears:

Yasmine is such a star. For whatever reason she wasn't at the Stockholm gig and it was a total mess. There were problems with costumes, confusion as to where to go, locked rooms, and no rehearsal. The first time we stepped on stage was during the gig itself - and anyone who hadn't watched vids from previous gigs didn't even get to hear what the beat would be like before the gig itself. It was chaos. :boxed:

Oh and I love that little student loan story! You're right about the not drinking thing. We could spend our cash getting hammered in the bar every weekend, or we could go to Mika gigs. Priorities, man. :naughty:

no...i´m the brazilian/austrian one =) the little lollipop girl

Welcome to MFC!

hi everybody!

I am home - I am back in the reality :-)

as first I would like to say really big THANK YOU to everybody who was there for nice evening and specially to suzie and tiibet for perfect organizing of everything :thumb_yello:

yesterday I spent unforgettable night :wub2: it was my first MIKA´s gig and I still can´t believe I was there :blush-anim-cl: MIKA was amazing...wonderful...gorgeous...my english is no so good and I can´t describe my feelings as well as others...but everybody who already have enjoyed it knows what I mean :-)

so, really thank you MIKA for nice time, thank you to everybody who was there and see you in Paris :-)

it´s like be on drugs...if you once try it you have to continue :-)

and now I have to share my feelings fith my small daughter...she is waiting for all details :-)

and few of my pictures from last night :-)

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1433/p3290181.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5638/p3290182.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1745/p3290226.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9702/p3290228.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2960/p3290243.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1803/p3290267.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7308/p3290277.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9279/p3290293.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2848/p3290299.jpg

Thanks for posting! I love the pics. :biggrin2:

OMG ... he picked up a Lollipop Girl ... is she still alive :lmfao:

I was wondering what happened to that girl, she must have been in a shock :naughty:

He would do that to only very small lollipop girls? I mean he can't be very strong :lmfao:

Thanks for the pics and reports everyone, love them :wub2:

I was wondering what happened to that girl, she must have been in a shock :naughty:

He would do that to only very small lollipop girls? I mean he can't be very strong :lmfao:

Thanks for the pics and reports everyone, love them :wub2:

It was a friend of Yasmine's. :thumb_yello:

OMG ... he picked up a Lollipop Girl ... is she still alive :lmfao:

I would have died of happiness if I was in her place!

I know, how cool is that!!! :roftl: Hahaha!! I can only imagine her shock when she realised what was happening, and then how great it must have been for her!!

:wub2: That's hilarious, I love it. He's such a sweetie.

My only vids are these:

OMS

Toy Boy:

And if you want to see the complete shirtless WAG it's here for a short while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBgte2FW4g

But no sound in WAG, only a bad noise. So sorry about that, so frustrating.

Thanks for your vids tiibet, and also for WAG (but I did mute it :teehee:)

It's a shame your new camera has such bad results with the sound. :sad:

Thanks for your vids tiibet, and also for WAG (but I did mute it :teehee:)

It's a shame your new camera has such bad results with the sound. :sad:

Yep, it's a shame. It was working with OMS and Toy Boy, because there is no bass :blink: You can't listen to other vids without muting. I'm so angry to myself because I wasted money for that camera, I should have done some resurch before buying. I'll take the wag vid down tomorrow, so go and see it now if you are interested it :roftl: