2010 : Mika @ Jakobshalle Basel, Switzerland April 1- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Christine

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/mikafanclub_de/Basel%2001Apr2010/basel68.jpg

http://images.usgang.ch/pictures/348798/34879810.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/14al88z.jpg

-------------

REPORTS

-------------

Emerald

Quietscheente

_Jeeny_

Nanou

Hotdlp

laura*

_hotchocolate

-------------

PICS

-------------

Hasibobberle

_Jeeny_ Pt 1

_Jeeny_ Pt 2

_Jeeny_ Pt 3

_Jeeny_ Pt 4

Schtroumpfett

Mellody Pt 1

Mellody Pt 2

Fouchonneret

Fouchonneret

Fouchonneret

Fouchonneret

-------------

VIDEOS

-------------

Fouchonneret

Hasibobberle

Love Today Intro

Stuck in the Middle scat

Any Other World

Mellody

- Hotdlp

- Miss_lollipop54

to answer to your questions from the pre-show thread: yes, mika does have a few days off now (i asked john), but not much, rehearsals are starting next week.

you could see/hear that he was ill tonight if you know what he's like usually (i bet those for whom it was the first gig didn't realize! :bleh:)... but he still managed to put so much energy in this show, no idea where he takes that from, it was fantastic! :shocked::wub2: even took time for signing stuff after the gig, didn't think he would - was quick, but like usual he was all smiley and lovely. :wub2:

the thing with the tickets before the gig was pure hell though. first we were told the box office would open at 5 the latest, and we'd be let in at 5:25 (i.e. 5 minutes before unnumbered people), which would've been fine. but at 5:15 the box office still wasn't open and we were really worried by then... i asked some security guys and was told it'd open only at 6! :aah: so i texted john about the problem, and he came to our rescue. :wub2: they held up all the queues until everyone got their tickets, so everything was fine in the end... but this was definitely the most nerve-wrecking queuing/ticket experience i ever had! :aah:

btw, the reason why we didn't get sent the tickets was because they were stuck in customs. :aah:

but well, like i said, in the end we were all fine, thanx to john. :wub2: i gave him a little chocolate easter bunny after the gig to thank him (he asked whether it was with alcohol, lol! :roftl: ok i'll remember that for the next time :naughty:). gave mika a bunny too, and a cd with german songs - and he liked our kick ass make-up/dresscode thing (it was mariposa, graciosa, hasibobberle and me in those outfits). :-)

ah yes, and for the mikagasmics: blue, like in hamburg. :mf_rosetinted: and yes, i have a video+pix of wag again. ;-p

off to bed now, really tired... night everyone.

to answer to your questions from the pre-show thread: yes, mika does have a few days off now (i asked john), but not much, rehearsals are starting next week.

you could see/hear that he was ill tonight if you know what he's like usually (i bet those for whom it was the first gig didn't realize! :bleh:)... but he still managed to put so much energy in this show, no idea where he takes that from, it was fantastic! :shocked: :wub2 even took time for signing stuff after the gig, didn't think he would - was quick, but like usual he was all smiley and lovely. :wub2

the thing with the tickets before the gig was pure hell though. first we were told the box office would open at 5 the latest, and we'd be let in at 5:25 (i.e. 5 minutes before unnumbered people), which would've been fine. but at 5:15 the box office still wasn't open and we were really worried by then... i asked some security guys and was told it'd open only at 6! :aah: so i texted john about the problem, and he came to our rescue. :wub2: they held up all the queues until everyone got their tickets, so everything was fine in the end... but this was definitely the most nerve-wrecking queuing/ticket experience i ever had! :aah:

btw, the reason why we didn't get sent the tickets was because they were stuck in customs. :aah:

but well, like i said, in the end we were all fine, thanx to john. :wub2: i gave him a little chocolate easter bunny after the gig to thank him (he asked whether it was with alcohol, lol! :roftl ok i'll remember that for the next time :naughty:). gave mika a bunny too, and a cd with german songs - and he liked our kick ass make-up/dresscode thing (it was mariposa, graciosa, hasibobberle and me in those outfits). :-)

ah yes, and for the mikagasmics: blue, like in hamburg. :mf_rosetinted: and yes, i have a video+pix of wag again. ;-p

off to bed now, really tired... night everyone.

Niiiiiiice :das: cant wait to see the pics and vids :yay:

thx for the short report:thumb_yello:

My computer just crashed, too tired to do my whole review one more time tonight...

So I would just like to say that I am happy I did this Basel gig at the end of my Mika-Germany tour.

Mika was perfoming amazingly well (you could tell that he is ill, but still the Mika magic was working again).

After the little chaos with the collection of sandbag tickets at the box office everything went smoothly. I had a lot of fun during the gig. The band stayed on stage for almost the entire "Kick ass" song.

All in all the atmosphere was better than at some of the German venues.

Mika messed up TB (forgot the lyrics) - such a cute moment. I think mellody caught it on video.

Hasi just twittered a pic of our superhero-inspired costumes. U like? :wink2:http://twitpic.com/1chy2q - and all of us http://twitpic.com/1ci0aw

Will be back for a more detailed review later this week.

Edited by mariposa

found a few vids on youtube:teehee::blush-anim-cl: Hope its ok for me to post:teehee:

Touches You:

Happy Ending:

I See You:

He sings so well, even when hes sick.. its unbelievable!!:wub2:

Cant wait for the MFC vids:wub2:

found a few vids on youtube:teehee::blush-anim-cl: Hope its ok for me to post:teehee:

Touches You:

Happy Ending:

I See You:

He sings so well, even when hes sick.. its unbelievable!!:wub2:

Cant wait for the MFC vids:wub2:

Hey, hold the press, is he doing TY again??????:shocked:

I sure hope he does it in Lisbon...:naughty:

Hey, hold the press, is he doing TY again??????:shocked:

I sure hope he does it in Lisbon...:naughty:

:naughty:

wasnt he doing it again in the last gigs??:teehee:

i might be lost here, but i thought it was back since a few gigs:teehee:

Oh yeah, you do not want to miss that! :sweatdrop::naughty:

Nay, nay, nay, Ma'am...:biggrin2:

Even because this is going to be my first Mika gig "for real" evah, remember that...

:naughty:

wasnt he doing it again in the last gigs??:teehee:

i might be lost here, but i thought it was back since a few gigs:teehee:

I think he did it all / most German gigs and Austria, too.

Thank you for giving some relief to my restless soul, girls...:mf_rosetinted:

Nay, nay, nay, Ma'am...:biggrin2:

Even because this is going to be my first Mika gig "for real" evah, remember that...

Thank you for giving some relief to my restless soul, girls...:mf_rosetinted:

glad to help:mf_rosetinted:

just to answer to mellody,he had so much energy due to medecine,he told us we didn't cancell this one due to drugs ;)

it was the last show as we know it,everything will change,so enjoy thelast one!

i'll go to work,think i could put my videos this week...hope for this ;)

just to answer to mellody,he had so much energy due to medecine,he told us we didn't cancell this one due to drugs ;)

ah thanx, i didn't hear that... did he say it to you, or during the show? :blink: maybe it was one of the french things he said that i didn't understand. :naughty:

forgot to mention yesterday, he sang parts of GK in french, and at the beginning he just spoke english+german (which sounded a lot better than in germany :blink:), but at some point realized that there were lots of french speaking ppl in the crowd, and changed to a mix between english, french and german. :naughty:

and the support act "the fires" were fab! :mf_lustslow: 3 very young guys (about 14?), who played great rock'n'roll music, i never danced so much during a mika support act! :biggrin2: they started with "great balls of fire", ended with "johnny b goode" (both of which belong to the top 5 of my fave rock'n' roll songs ever!), and in between played some more covers and some own songs as well. i wouldn't mind at all if mika had them as a support act for every gig! :biggrin2:

he said like that? :shocked:

Sounds great- can't wait to see your masks- pity he wasn't well but,,,, last one?

I hope he has a good rest over Easter- but I spect he'll be climbing mountains or something

Oh yes, the usual. Climbing mountains...swimming in caves. :roftl:

Hey guys!! I'm now in my bed, still with stars in my head from yesterday :original: So here is my report!

I arrived at the venue at around half past ten and got number 8. I took care of the numbers most of the time. It's not the best job but well... I did it and was helped, too, so it wasn't too bad ^^.

I met Danika, Elina, Céline and Barunka (is that it? Can't really remember lol) and I'm very happy to have met you guys, you're great :D Queuing was great, I really had a good time. But after a while, we started getting worried about our tickets, as some of us had to collect them at the box office... Mellody already talked about it so I won't go into details. We got scared but eventually, everything was sorted out by Mellody and John. Thanks again to you Mellody!! So I was front row, at the very centre. Perfect :D

I really enjoyed the support act. I like Rock n' Roll and those guys were great!! The guitarist was 13, the bassist 15 and the drummer/singer 20 (that's what I understood, but given my Swiss-German level, maybe it's better not to trust me lool). They finished by singing “Johnny Be Good” and I love that song!!

Then it was MIKA!! He was amazing of course! I loved his trumpet solo it was so funny ^^. And when he made everybody close their eyes on “Blame it on the Girls”. And how he looked in his magic chicken outfit. How he sang “Happy Ending” and “I See You”... wonderful. And “Over My Shoulder” gave me the chills. I thought his voice was perfect on that one ^^. I almost cried when he sang “Any Other World”. I love this song, I don't know why but this one, more than the others, moves me deep inside and I had wanted to see Mika sing it live but thought he had stopped singing it for a while. So when I realised he would sing it, I could feel the tears coming up. It was wonderful :D Everything was super great. I could almost not believe it when he said he was ill... I noticed he sometimes held his throat and that his voice was not exactly like the other times I heard him but really, it was almost unnoticeable!!

But he was exhausted I think. When they played “Kick-Ass”, Mika wasn't on stage and he came out for the autographs really quickly. He signed some, he's so sweet. But he looked really tired and I think he was dreaming about his soft and comfortable bed lol.

During the gig, when Mika arrived on stage with his bared chest, girls started screaming hysterically and it hurt my ears so I put my hands on them and winced. Mika saw me and laughed, that was really funny :D Also at the end, when the band was dancing on stage and messing around with the big balloons, I threw a balloon at Jimmy's head. I did not WANT to do that, but that's where the balloon decided to go haha. Then Jimmy looked at me with an angry face and threw the balloon back at me and then we were laughing. I loved those moments :D :D

So yeah, that was an amazing time! I can't talk now cause my throat is broken. I sang so loudly during the whole gig. My knees and back ache as well cause I jumped and danced like a madwoman. But God, it was so worth it. I had the time of my life. When Mika arrived on stage to sing “Rain”, I was looking at him and thinking “my mum can say whatever she wants, and my friends can make fun of me, but this guy is pure gold and I want him to make me dream for years and years to come”. He's exceptional :original:

After 5hours of sleep I'm still tired, but it was so worth it!

It was so nice to get to know you all, I had a fantastic time yesterday.

It was a brilliant show, but I think it was getting really hard for Mika at the end, in my opinion he had serious problem to hold the high notes (but he did it !) and about 10 minutes before it was over I just thought: Hit the road and get some sleep. :biggrin2:

Thank you all for yesterday, for the second row (yeah, we did it Barunka!!) and for the nice "hospitality" :D:mf_lustslow: .

Greetings with Muffins,

Lena

After 5hours of sleep I'm still tired, but it was so worth it!

It was so nice to get to know you all, I had a fantastic time yesterday.

It was a brilliant show, but I think it was getting really hard for Mika at the end, in my opinion he had serious problem to hold the high notes (but he did it !) and about 10 minutes before it was over I just thought: Hit the road and get some sleep. :biggrin2:

Thank you all for yesterday, for the second row (yeah, we did it Barunka!!) and for the nice "hospitality" :D:mf_lustslow: .

Greetings with Muffins,

Lena

And thank YOU for your deliiiicious muffins!!!! :biggrin2::huglove: