2010 : Mika @ Jakobshalle Basel, Switzerland April 1- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Christine

thanx. :original: don't have lollipop on video this time though, only pix...

here's the rest of my videos:

part of WAG:

toy boy with talk before & text messup (poor mika, you could see he wasn't happy... but still: LOL! :naughty: and: aww! :wub2:):

part of GK (french/english):

Oh thank you!!:mf_lustslow:

Your videos make me wish you to visit all the Mika gigs!

happy you like them. :biggrin2:

btw, have you seen his abs in the WAG video? at the beginning/between the intro and the song... now that's a real sixpack, in that light anyway, i was like :shocked: when i saw it at the show, hadn't noticed before that his abs were that defined! :shocked: and no, i won't feel bad for mentioning that or for not being able to hold my camera straight during wag :teehee:, as he must've invested a lot of time+sweat in that sixpack, and probably didn't do that for hiding it from the world or for people saying "don't talk about his body, it's all about his music". :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

it honestly was hard for me to concentrate on the song, maybe he should go back to undressing only for half of it - i always loved WAG at the shows for the "we are not what you think we are!..."-shouting, but i think in basel i totally forgot to shout along, was too distracted! :lmfao:

I've noticed that too :naughty:

It was quite hard to concentrate on anything else indeed :blush-anim-cl:

and that light suited him perfectly :roftl:

happy you like them. : biggrin2:

btw, have you seen his abs in the WAG video? at the beginning/between the intro and the song... now that's a real sixpack, in that light anyway, i was like :shocked: when i saw it at the show, hadn't noticed before that his abs were that defined! :shocked: and no, i won't feel bad for mentioning that or for not being able to hold my camera straight during wag :teehee:, as he must've invested a lot of time+sweat in that sixpack, and probably didn't do that for hiding it from the world or for people saying "don't talk about his body, it's all about his music". :mf_rosetinted: :naughty :

it honestly was hard for me to concentrate on the song, maybe he should go back to undressing only for half of it - i always loved WAG at the shows for the "we are not what you think we are!..."-shouting, but i think in basel i totally forgot to shout along, was too distracted! :lmfao:

:roftl: Get a grip, woman! :aah:

:huglove:

Reading that one could think you managed to shoot the whole video without Mika's head in it. :roftl:

I'm far from saying that it's all about the music with him. Because that's not even his own understanding of it. When I say that I don't need him to take his shirt off/ it doesn't add anything for me/ I prefer him dressed, then this is not judgemental against anyone (well, the majority :roftl:). It doesn't even mean I wouldn't think that he's quite sexy and in great shape. In fact I do think he is. But then I think of him as a bit of a teaser in many things he does. Think of the Travolta stories or his answers to questions, which often don't contain a yes or no (Generally speaking, I'm not even talking about the gay question here).

So as for his appearance on stage I must say, to me personally more is more. (as in clothing). I'd find the sweaty shirt unbuttoned just enough to get a glimpse of happy trail much more interesting than a whole song completely shirtless.

And realizing what I just wrote I think I shouldn't post at that hour. :teehee:

Edited by violet_sky

:roftl: Get a grip, woman! :aah

:lmfao::huglove:

Reading that one could think you managed to shoot the whole video without Mika's head in it. :roftl:

I'm far from saying that it's all about the music with him. Because that's not even his own understanding of it. When I say that I don't need him to take his shirt off/ it doesn't add anything for me/ I prefer him dressed, then this is not judgemental against anyone (well, the majority :roftl:). It doesn't even mean I wouldn't think that he's quite sexy and in great shape. In fact I do think he is. But then I think of him as a bit of a teaser in many things he does. Think of the Travolta stories or his answers to questions, which often don't contain a yes or no (Generally speaking, I'm not even talking about the gay question here).

So as for his appearance on stage I must say, to me personally more is more. (as in clothing). I'd find the sweaty shirt unbuttoned just enough to get a glimpse of happy trail much more interesting than a whole song completely shirtless.

And realizing what I just wrote I think I shouldn't post at that hour. :teehee

thing is, i've always liked the shirtless parts, already in 2007 and still now... but normally i'm just like "niiiice! :das:" about it, at least at the gigs, as there the vibe normally isn't special when he undresses, it's just mika without a shirt. but basel was more than just "niiice!", the vibe was different, i was seriously drooling at him and at the same time wanting to kick myself for it - it's one thing to drool at pix+vids, but another doing this while being front row at a gig where he keeps making eye contact all the time! :aah: but i just couldn't help it. :blush-anim-cl::doh:

i really should get a grip. :naughty:

agree in a way though with what you said about teasing and slightly unbuttoned shirt, and tbh i think i prefer him to be shirtless for just one or two songs, not for the whole gig like in that london gay club last year - that might indeed be too much - i wasn't there, and ok i wouldn't mind having been there... :teehee: but i guess either i couldn't concentrate on the music at all, which would be a shame, or i'd get too "used" to it if i watched a whole show with him being shirtless, the teasing would be totally gone, if you know what i mean...

so yeah, i also like the teasing, but i like to know the whole truth in the end as well! :naughty:

thing is, i've always liked the shirtless parts, already in 2007 and still now... but normally i'm just like "niiiice! :das:" about it, at least at the gigs, as there the vibe normally isn't special when he undresses, it's just mika without a shirt. but basel was more than just "niiice!", the vibe was different, i was seriously drooling at him...

I'm sure he doesn't mind :wink2::biggrin2:

happy you like them. :biggrin2:

btw, have you seen his abs in the WAG video? at the beginning/between the intro and the song... now that's a real sixpack, in that light anyway, i was like :shocked: when i saw it at the show, hadn't noticed before that his abs were that defined! :shocked: and no, i won't feel bad for mentioning that or for not being able to hold my camera straight during wag :teehee:, as he must've invested a lot of time+sweat in that sixpack, and probably didn't do that for hiding it from the world or for people saying "don't talk about his body, it's all about his music". :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

My god yeah! When he arrived on stage, shirtless, I couldn't believe my eyes! I was like "wow, he's been doing exercise!!". I was not really drooling but indeed thought he looked really better with his six-pack. The fangurls' hysterical screaming hurt my ears haha.

I wouldn't like it if Mika was shirtless during his whole gigs, but for WAG I think it's a good idea, as it reminds of the video clip and yeah, I guess Mika likes teasing :teehee:

aaah I love OMS. it makes me cry every time I listen it! ...

The first time I heard OMS live was in Milan and it made me like this song even more. But in Basel, it was :shocked: I don't even have the words. It was fantastic. Far better than the CD recording in my opinion :teehee:

and some more:

basel49.jpg

basel52.jpg

i like the effect in this pic somehow, how everything around him is kinda blurry & soft, just mika himself is focused. :wub2:

basel53.jpg

basel57.jpg

basel63.jpg

those m+g pix are just :wub2::swoon: esp. this one, love his smile!

basel68.jpg

john's face here, lol! :naughty: reminds me of that one mika pic that wonka often uses for her captions! :lmfao:

basel69.jpg

Beautiful pics again, thank you! :flowers2::wub2:

I wish the lighting was more often like during Dr. John. Pics just turn out so much less blurry there. :wub2:

think it's rather the lack of smoke than the lighting... the pix always look so grey-ish because of that damn smoke machine! :aah:

a

john's face here, lol! :naughty: reminds me of that one mika pic that wonka often uses for her captions! :lmfao:

basel69.jpg

Rephrase it:

reminds me of that one mika pic that wonka often uses for her captions! :lmfao: and i'm sure she'll now start using this one...:lmfao:

and some more:

basel49.jpg

basel52.jpg

i like the effect in this pic somehow, how everything around him is kinda blurry & soft, just mika himself is focused. :wub2:

basel53.jpg

basel57.jpg

basel63.jpg

those m+g pix are just :wub2::swoon: esp. this one, love his smile!

basel68.jpg

basel69.jpg

Maetin looks cute w. the small hat on

Rephrase it:

reminds me of that one mika pic that wonka often uses for her captions! :lmfao: and i'm sure she'll now start using this one...:lmfao:

poor john. :naughty: be nice to him, he was such a sweetie for us in basel! :wub2: well, on the whole tour really! :fangurl:

I'm always nahce...:biggrin2:

And thank you for the pics, i stole them and never thanked...:wink2:

i know. :huglove:

and no problem, i have to thank you for the funny captions! :biggrin2: that's what the pix are there for, not for collecting dust in some corner with nobody looking at them. :bleh:

Finally, I got some time to write something...

So my friend and I were at the venue at around 3 pm. We didn't get a number because we didn't know who we had to ask & honestly, I was too shy to ask :blush-anim-cl: But we managed to stand right to the barriers and we were one of the first persons who were let in after the numbered people. So we made it to the 2nd row and I was really relieved and happy :thumb_yello:

The supporting act was okay. I don't like supporting acts in general because I think they're unnecessary... I'm here for Mika, not for anyone else :aah: But they did a great job regarding their age (13, 15 and 16).

I liked the beginning with the school boy scene. But I was so anxious to see him and it lasted so long until he finally came. But then when he came it was like BAAM, he's here!!! I love this magical moment when he comes on stage. It's always like 'OMG, he's REAL!'. I don't really know in which order the songs came.. It just went by so fast. All of the sudden he was gone and everything was over. I was like :shocked:

My highlights were 'Over My Shoulder', 'I See You' and 'Blame It On The Girls'. OMS was just brilliant! His voice is so incredibly good in this song. I love the lyrics of ISY, so that's probably why this was also a highlight. I liked the part in BIOTG where the audience was divided in two halfs and the one part was singing "Blame it one the girls" and the other "Blame it on the boys".

Other highlights were the part where Mika was presenting his band and the smoking machine went on.. He laughed sooo cute :teehee: The part where he messed up the beginning of 'Toy Boy' was also very funny. And of course Mika shirtless:mf_lustslow:

When I saw Mika in 2007 I sweared that I would meet him next time when he was in Switzerland. So I absolutely wanted to meet him this time after the show. But I couldn't thanks to those crappy train connections :tears: Our last train was leaving at 12.20 so we could've stayed only for 1 hour. And because my friend wasn't feeling so well & we didn't think that he was coming in this one hour we decided to leave. So next time for sure!!!

That's it.. I'm sorry if I repeated everything others already said, but I just needed to write it off my soul :biggrin2:

btw thanks for all the pictures and vids! I did some too but my cam is old and the quality really sucks.

Thanks for you pics Mellody, they're great!!

And thank you for you report hotchocolate. You didn't get a number? Mmmh strange, I must have missed you then, I'm really sorry :sad: Next time you shouldn't be shy! ^^ Second row is not bad at all though :D

'Night everyone!!