2010 : Mika @ Jakobshalle Basel, Switzerland April 1- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Christine

Thanks for you pics Mellody, they're great!!

And thank you for you report hotchocolate. You didn't get a number? Mmmh strange, I must have missed you then, I'm really sorry :sad: Next time you shouldn't be shy! ^^ Second row is not bad at all though :D

'Night everyone!!

didn't we already stop giving out numbers around 3 pm, because we had already reached no. 60? it was all much earlier there than in the other cities, because the concert started much earlier...

btw, something else, in the toyboy video, can someone pls translate to me what he says in french? some of the stuff he says in english too, i get that, but there's something about parisian which he doesn't translate. the doll is parisian? why? and then he says he himself was parisian too, and adds parisian/lebanese, do i get that right? i just don't get the joke about the doll being parisian. :blink:

Edited by mellody

didn't we already stop giving out numbers around 3 pm, because we had already reached no. 60? it was all much earlier there than in the other cities, because the concert started much earlier...

btw, something else, in the toyboy video, can someone pls translate to me what he says in french? some of the stuff he says in english too, i get that, but there's something about parisian which he doesn't translate. the doll is parisian? why? and then he says he himself was parisian too, and adds parisian/lebanese, do i get that right? i just don't get the joke about the doll being parisian. :blink:

at the beginning he says his puppet was supposed to look like him but unfortunately looks as if it came traight from the "Adams Family" :aah:, then he says "but he knows how to do this" (ok.. he said it in english too, then the translation was not really necessary :teehee:). then comes the "parisian" joke. He says his puppet doesn't look really happy at all and that maybe it is because he his parisian. :aah: and finally he says "i'm joking!! i'm half parisian too! Parisian-libanese actually".

here you are :biggrin2:

Yeah we stopped doing the numbers at around 3:20 pm...

those m+g pix are just :wub2::swoon: esp. this one, love his smile!

basel68.jpg

john's face here, lol! :naughty: reminds me of that one mika pic that wonka often uses for her captions! :lmfao:

basel69.jpg

the m&g pics are really adorable:wub2:

t4p karin

Hey guys!! I'm now in my bed, still with stars in my head from yesterday :original: So here is my report!

I arrived at the venue at around half past ten and got number 8. I took care of the numbers most of the time. It's not the best job but well... I did it and was helped, too, so it wasn't too bad ^^.

I met Danika, Elina, Céline and Barunka (is that it? Can't really remember lol) and I'm very happy to have met you guys, you're great :D Queuing was great, I really had a good time. But after a while, we started getting worried about our tickets, as some of us had to collect them at the box office... Mellody already talked about it so I won't go into details. We got scared but eventually, everything was sorted out by Mellody and John. Thanks again to you Mellody!! So I was front row, at the very centre. Perfect :D

I really enjoyed the support act. I like Rock n' Roll and those guys were great!! The guitarist was 13, the bassist 15 and the drummer/singer 20 (that's what I understood, but given my Swiss-German level, maybe it's better not to trust me lool). They finished by singing “Johnny Be Good” and I love that song!!

Then it was MIKA!! He was amazing of course! I loved his trumpet solo it was so funny ^^. And when he made everybody close their eyes on “Blame it on the Girls”. And how he looked in his magic chicken outfit. How he sang “Happy Ending” and “I See You”... wonderful. And “Over My Shoulder” gave me the chills. I thought his voice was perfect on that one ^^. I almost cried when he sang “Any Other World”. I love this song, I don't know why but this one, more than the others, moves me deep inside and I had wanted to see Mika sing it live but thought he had stopped singing it for a while. So when I realised he would sing it, I could feel the tears coming up. It was wonderful :D Everything was super great. I could almost not believe it when he said he was ill... I noticed he sometimes held his throat and that his voice was not exactly like the other times I heard him but really, it was almost unnoticeable!!

But he was exhausted I think. When they played “Kick-Ass”, Mika wasn't on stage and he came out for the autographs really quickly. He signed some, he's so sweet. But he looked really tired and I think he was dreaming about his soft and comfortable bed lol.

During the gig, when Mika arrived on stage with his bared chest, girls started screaming hysterically and it hurt my ears so I put my hands on them and winced. Mika saw me and laughed, that was really funny :D Also at the end, when the band was dancing on stage and messing around with the big balloons, I threw a balloon at Jimmy's head. I did not WANT to do that, but that's where the balloon decided to go haha. Then Jimmy looked at me with an angry face and threw the balloon back at me and then we were laughing. I loved those moments :D :D

So yeah, that was an amazing time! I can't talk now cause my throat is broken. I sang so loudly during the whole gig. My knees and back ache as well cause I jumped and danced like a madwoman. But God, it was so worth it. I had the time of my life. When Mika arrived on stage to sing “Rain”, I was looking at him and thinking “my mum can say whatever she wants, and my friends can make fun of me, but this guy is pure gold and I want him to make me dream for years and years to come”. He's exceptional :original:

It is it indeed :wink2:

Good report :thumb_yello:

After 5hours of sleep I'm still tired, but it was so worth it!

It was so nice to get to know you all, I had a fantastic time yesterday.

It was a brilliant show, but I think it was getting really hard for Mika at the end, in my opinion he had serious problem to hold the high notes (but he did it !) and about 10 minutes before it was over I just thought: Hit the road and get some sleep. :biggrin2:

Thank you all for yesterday, for the second row (yeah, we did it Barunka!!) and for the nice "hospitality" :D:mf_lustslow: .

Greetings with Muffins,

Lena

Hahaha! We did indeeeed :mf_rosetinted: Ah yay, you actually remembered my MFC name :biggrin2: And just as mentioned before, I also have to thank you for the muffins :wink2:

I only got back home from Switzerland today, so my memories are still fresh actually. Probably should write at least a bit even though it's been a few days already and people have described it pretty well.. but still.

The opening act was actually pretty good, they were fun. Rock'n'roll doesn't seem too suitable, but it actually worked pretty well, people were dancing and overall it was simply fun! Not one of those where you just count down songs (or seconds... ).

Everyone could probably tell Mika wasn't feeling too well, but in spite of that he gave an incredible, very pro performance. And the way he screwed up Toy Boy was just cute. That was just one of the moments when you can tell just how much he connects with the audience and even though he's a star, he's still.. "a normal guy", if you know what I mean.

Love how everyone sang the lyrics really loudly afterwards so that he gets them right :naughty:

I really need to thank John for taking care of the whole ticket box office and queue chaos... was much appreciated :)

In general, I was simply amazed as usual :wub2:

Hey Barunka! Thanks for your report! :D I hope you flight home was all right ^^ It was really nice meeting you :D

You're welcome, haha.

It was really nice meeting you too! :) Meeting cool people in the queue always makes it seem so much better :wink2:

Actually I took a train back home. It was a mess and there were many problems with it! But I managed to sort out everything and I am home and alive :wink2:

Actually I took a train back home. It was a mess and there were many problems with it! But I managed to sort out everything and I am home and alive :wink2:

Yeah 24 hours after you intended on coming home :aah:

You're welcome, haha.

It was really nice meeting you too! :) Meeting cool people in the queue always makes it seem so much better :wink2:

Yes! I love meeting people! Specially when they're nice people :biggrin2:

Oh I'm sorry for your journey home that sucks! But you'll alive, that's all that matters :D

You make me laugh guys :roftl:

at the beginning he says his puppet was supposed to look like him but unfortunately looks as if it came traight from the "Adams Family" :aah:, then he says "but he knows how to do this" (ok.. he said it in english too, then the translation was not really necessary :teehee:). then comes the "parisian" joke. He says his puppet doesn't look really happy at all and that maybe it is because he his parisian. :aah: and finally he says "i'm joking!! i'm half parisian too! Parisian-libanese actually".

here you are :biggrin2:

thanx! :biggrin2: so parisians aren't happy? why's that? :blink: no wonder i didn't get that joke. :teehee: oh dear, i'll be so damn lost at the paris gig! :lmfao: gonna have to bother everyone around me "what did he say? what does that mean? what are you laughing about? ..." like the blind guy who kept bothering violet_sky in stuttgart. :lmfao:

nah, won't. will film it and then ask mfcers to translate it for me afterwards. :bleh:

thanx! :biggrin2: so parisians aren't happy? why's that? :blink: no wonder i didn't get that joke. :teehee: oh dear, i'll be so damn lost at the paris gig! :lmfao:

I am absolutely no expert in French attitude but I guess he must have meant the puppet looking bored / even slightly arrogant..? (:naughty:)

He definitely meant something negative people from other parts of the world associate with acting like a Parisian. He obviously did not mean it as an offense and finds it funny, too, that is why he said he considers himself half-Parisian. :teehee:

He told that joke because it is said Parisians always complain about everything and are always unhappy about something :naughty:

yes, that must be it..

I remember him once talking about how he has this 'French attitude' when it comes to ordering food in a restaurant...etc. So now he narrowed it down to Parisians...:teehee: But it looks like he enjoys acting like that. :naughty:

yes, that must be it..

I remember him once talking about how he has this 'French attitude' when it comes to ordering food in a restaurant...etc. So now he narrowed it down to Parisians...:teehee: But it looks like he enjoys acting like that. :naughty:

Haha yeah, it seems he like making fun of himself too :teehee: