His quote made me very curious about the new songs! Can't wait to hear them :wub2:

Same here. I've been wondering a lot on the meaning, since he said that the album is about his life in his 30ies. I'm puzzled. :unsure:

Same here. I've been wondering a lot on the meaning, since he said that the album is about his life in his 30ies. I'm puzzled. :unsure:

LogLady, Elwendin and me worked on the translation! It was hard, I have to admit but at the end we made it! :naughty:

«Beauty is provoked by beauty» by LogLady

Mika tells his story. Here's how an ugly duckling, insulted by his schoolmates, became a swan. A "school of life" for every teenager

The popstar judges youth, between personal memories and the X Factor experience. The "Mika Factor" against bullying: «At school they used to throw cans at me. I don't forgive them, I know how to beat them»

«I was enrolled at Westminster, in London, one of the most ancient and prestigious schools in Europe. To get to class, though, I had to walk through the campus, behind the Abbey». Extremely neat lawns, tidy paths. And a gang of youngsters in green uniform. Who mock the eleven-year-old Michael Holbrook Penniman Junior when they see him passing by, they sneer at him. «In front of all the passers-by, they threw Coke cans and other stuff at my back. The dean knew that it was easier for me to wait for everyone to go into the classroom. Therefore, I was in fact allowed to arrive late to every class. But I'll never forget who did those things to me. And I'll never forgive. Nor I believe one should. Kids use to think their actions don't have consequences, that everyone forgets or forgives, because this is what they are being taught. Bull****. And, anyway, that evil sooner or later turns against you...». There's a mocking smile in the eyes of Mika, the name under which we now know—with an international super popstar face—that then-kid: so different from the others, in an age when the imperative is to conform. «One day, a teacher summons me, with the idea of helping me. "What do you do to provoke them?", she asks. I was so angry... At a certain point, though, I was able to reply: "They're idiots, but their "excuse" is they are 15. What's yours?". And that was the end of the conversation. I don't know what triggers bullying. Perhaps it's fear, of other people's freedom. What I know is that one can—and must—defend oneself».

Since his "personage" exploded in Italy—as a judge of the X Factor 2013 edition—he's been scanned, listened to, X-rayed. We've found out he's half-Lebanese (like mama Joanie, a sunny woman often travelling by his side) and half-American (like Michael, his diplomat dad [sic!]). That he grew up in Paris until nine, then in London. That he's gay, without any "fears" of saying it: on the contrary, he extensively talked about it. That he's dyslexic, and he chose as a kid, among his arts and life rolemodels, our anti-snob par excellence, Dario Fo. But before anything else, we realised that among many tv "personalities", he's actually a "person". A true one. «I'm 31 years old, I live "in the shadow of the great divide", that graceful period that lasts until the 38s, in which everything is allowed».

He's in Milan, again, to "judge" these-days youngsters in the 2014 X Factor edition, in which he's seducing Italy more and more. «They like me? I don't know why». He stops to reflect: he says he thinks «in English, but often in French and now in Italian, too». The feeling is he never wants to throw an answer "just because...". «Maybe they like the fact that I'm not afraid to say exactly what I think. When I'm happy, I'm not afraid to express it. The same applies when I think I've felt like s... The important thing is to do it in an intelligent way. The truth is, I soon learned the difference between being treated with superiority and not. I was able to choose. So now I don't do that. Nor even I have deference for age in itself. I have it for greatness, talent, knowledge. And for whom has been able to do something. But I talk to 70-year-old people the same way I talk to 7-year-olds». Tranchant statements like this one would be worth a deeper examination. Statements that have their roots in the admittedly short biography of a thirty-year-old. «I started working at 10: my answers to life have always been fast. At 9 I was kicked out of school, at Lycée Français in London. And I forgot everything: how to write, how to read, even how to play, which I was good at, and how to read music». Dyslexic, to sum it up. «Yes, they turned me into it. A French teacher. She was intolerant and aggressive, both as a person and as a teacher. She treated me badly, in a condescending manner. In the end I was kicked out. Me, not her». Mika stops to reflect. Perhaps to remember.

Walking in Hyde Park by Elwendin

My mother told me “You can’t attend school, you talk to nobody. Do you want to drop out?” “I do” “What do you want to do?” she asked. “To go to the park”, I replied. She thought I was autistic. “Ok, you go to the park then”, she concluded. But that wasn’t all. Mika started to wander around Hyde Park, in London. “Without any goal or purpose. Every day. But she used to hear me singing. One day she told me: you can go to the park but you have to study singing in return. And learn again to play the piano. She tought: if he can catch up with notes, he will make it with words as well. She hired a Russian music teacher who just ran away from Urss, he passed me to his wife Alla out of despair” . Alla was a very talented opera singer. She imposed Soviet discipline to little Mika. For two hours a day, every day. “I got to sing to the the Royal Opera House in six months. A Strauss opera. That was my first job. It was hard, and I was terrified, but 50/60 years old people were addressing to me like I was a 30 years old pro. I used to think “They pay me and they are kind. At school, my peers treat me like ****”. The choice was done. And music is a magic wander (this is how stars get born). “That (probably referring to music) was all we got, in the two bedrooms that the 5 kids of us used to share, even when we used to live in a big house”. So it was nothing like in the new Sky commercial for X-Factor, where little Mika is surrounded with memorabilia. “There were no posters, photographs, computer games in my bedroom, there was nothing. Just a little theatre, a set design toy model that my parents bought to me: a magic item! And there were three bed, a big one and two single ones, that we used to swap all the time. We filled the empty space with our imagination.” And with notes. “Nina Simone, France Gall, Serge Gainsbourg, especially his darker and sexier things: I always love him. And Georges Moustaki’s voice, even though I wasn’t able to understand the politic meaning of his songs. Then, a lot of reggae: Shabba Ranks, which is a bad stuff now that I think about it, but I used to love it. He was dramatic and trash, with all those bits! I attended a gig of his as my first concert, when I was a kid, in Virginia. I was 8 years old: I remember that they searched me for guns. Awesome! It was absurd, but that’s when I thought: I’m a grown-up.” But the pain and the humiliations from teachers and bullies were yet to come… “And my liberation, with the singing at London Royal Opera House. People started to show me some respect, that changed my life. Therefore I believe in a rule: by putting someone in beauty, you provoke beauty. In Hillhaeursen, Alsace, I have some dear friends - the Haeberlins - who've been running a restaurant for generations. It's called the Auberge de l'Ill” It's one of the most famous restaurants in the world. “ Three Michelin stars, yes. But what most excites me it's that Danielle and Marc take all those children expelled from school and ended up in a rehab program because of the drugs, or just because of too many truancy, and teach them how to run a restaurant, how to serve and to cook. Then they give them their restaurant for a dinner with program supervisors, parents, teachers. And for that very night they'll be the chefs of the multi-starred restaurant! The basics are the same: if you give someone the chance to be part of something good, they'll do something good. Anyway, the opposite counts as well!”

Now Mika is back to work with the young contestants at X Factor. “When you're in the music world, you feel detached from the people who now are the way you were before being successful. The talent show allowed me to go back to when I was an 18 y.o. shameless boy who were trying to make it big. I was "hungry" and was pitiless to myself. I always wanted to do better.” Different from these guys? “No, I feel many affinities with some of them, especially when I see them learning. Like the gipsy guy who partook in the French talent show The Voice. He used to live in a caravan, he couldn't write nor read and used to learn everything by ear. Admirable.” Of course, once in the show biz, to remain pure it's almost like a miracle. “ You can only do that if you allow yourself to have fun and keep your sense of humour. That's the most important thing. Then yes, you'll still be able to tell when something is right or wrong and won't fall prey to your fears.” Mika will then talk about "black humour". “I even used it in my new album” he says. “ Among all the tracks I'm working on in Los Angeles - they're supposed to be released by the end of the year or soon after - there's one that's called "All she wants is another son". It's about a mother who forces her son to get married to a "trophy" girlfriend - of course there's nothing personal about it - just to be able to take wedding pics and send them to her mother in Beirut. The refrain goes "All she wants is another son/ all she wants is another simple solution/ for my mother delusion. Get some adorable pictures done/ for her mother in Lebanon".” He stops, hinting at the anticipation, and smiles.

Endorphins vs. cannabis by Lucrezia

The other important point is to continue to do something concrete, with others. "I just made a performance during a golf tournament in France. I was on stage, in front of 120 guests, with two musicians of my band. I played, I sang, I talked, and I thought: "They're even paying me!!" Wonderful sensations like these, the energy that they give, the endorphins and dopamine, keep people away from seeking other havens, such as drugs. "

Whose consumption, however, according to the very recent statistics, is increasing among young people, starting with cannabis. "But for real? Or is it that people have less fear of admitting to smoking it? Although I don't smoke - in fact, I find that it is very diffcult to be productive with things like that - I think there is quite the end of the stigma of marijuana, which is good for me. "

I wonder how many bullies "model meadows-of-Westminster" listen to his music today. Maybe even among golfers of the last party ...

A good revenge. "Against the bullying, the first thing is to know that it is normal to feel crap. It's normal! Who undergoes should know that the way you feel it is not wrong. It is the situation that makes you feel so. Never be ashamed. Because the truth is that instead you begin to hate yourself. To hide yourself. To not tell anyone what is happening to you. Instead, speak! There is always a solution. You also have to understand, and it is not easy, that time passes quickly, and things that seem huge now, they will appear very small in the future. See them in perspective. You will feel better. And then, the little things that you can do today to feel better quickly they gain a sense. Do you like to draw? Maybe what you do today seems a scribble, but these scribbles, one day, can change your life. If you enjoy cooking, you may think that you are just gluttons and fat, and instead that passion can change your life. Do they treat you as a nerd because you love math? The math is an art, and the future is of mathematicians. Everything has a value. This I would like to convey to all those who are oppressed by bullying, which is a process of devaluation.

Not only for what you are, but for everything around you. Your clothes are stupid, you are stupid, your car is worthless, your parents are fat, your sister is a b ..., your religion is false and mine is better, you're gay and your sexuality is not as good as mine, you're a pervert and I'm a saint. It is at the same time intimidation and control. It is the way in which people cheapens everything about you, from your genitals to your sneakers. And they want you to no longer be able to look in the mirror, look at your family, or what you have, with pride. The only way to combat bullying is always reiterate that everything has a value, even the little things that are important to you. "

An oration, of those who have suffered and redeemed himself, that it should be almost read in schools. Mika is running at high speed. "It is the metaphor of Winnie the Pooh. In the book, he is the only character who sees that everything has a value, while the owl Ugh thinks he knows everything and understands nothing, and Piglet knows everything but he is afraid of everything. Here, the music, like art, offers a different vision of life, creating a value that can cause a sense of positivity. "

The prayers of Pope Francesco by Lucrezia

The same thing, he urges, "it's true in religion." He is unstoppable. even the time looming for a flight to catch to Brussels, as a good globetrotter of the show, stops him. "Religion says: this is right and this is wrong. This is true and this not. Well, the amazing thing is that the new Pope is challenging the traditional authoritarianism. But this is also the only way to move beyond the antiquated system of the Church, especially in societies where there is strong evangelism competition, from South to North America." How Bergoglio knows. will he have the strength? "Francesco is the kind of Pope that prays not to have the strength to do things, but rather to have the strength to stop from doing too much."

It is clear, then,the reason why the models to take inspiration, according to Mika, are the "antisnob": "As the German composer Kurt Weill, who composed symphonies - I just make songs - but he also loved to write pop songs. Or the French dramatist Jean Cocteau, which he divided himself between rarefied theaters and commercial films. Or the great Canadian pianist Glenn Gould, who also loved to do tv: "He put out" as they say in America. "Colorful expression that, literally means "gave it away." "So, in the end, i've also " put out ". I decided to do X Factor and not to isolate myself anymore. "

A talent in France, the song for a commercial beer in Spain, a Swatch watch. Where is the limit? "If I do something, it must be on a topic I know. In my case, music and design. The advertising of a mobile operator? It has to do only with the way in which music is promoted today different than it was 20 years ago. "

One final question, at a young star that Italy has begun to know well: is this or not, to Mika, a country for young people? "The teens, here, always say "there is no work": but the nice thing is that there is life in the street. In France, for example, life is always behind a closed door; Los Angeles is a place where everything you want to do is connected and it depends on the money, while in England everything is related to big brands: there is a good designer? Yes, it works for this or that brand. An artist? It is in the Saatchi Gallery!

So, cities like Stockholm and Copenhagen offer much more; but in the end even in Italy, where communication is appreciated, young people speak, and this has a positive effect on everything. Of course, it would be great to be young here at the time of the great boom...'. And today, where would you go? "In Montreal, Canada. There is a fresh culture, an extraordinary creative energy. There is the idea that anything is possible. In art, in music. They say: why not, let's try? So, in this way come out talents like the brilliant 25-year old director Xavier Dolan (with Mommy won the Jury Prize at Cannes '14).

There, in Québec, you take risks with young people without always thinking about money. They seek their own space between the influence of the neighboring United States, the European roots, a social system with the welfare and protection of their cultural autonomy. A nice mix." At the base, always the same rule: "The Beauty Creates Beauty." Who knows, maybe even on the green meadows of Westminster, and beyond, finally someone can learn it.

He said it in the interview:

"Mika parlerà poi anche di "umorismo spietato": « L'ho messo anche nel nuovo album », spiega. « Fra i brani che sto terminando di registrare a Los Angeles - dovrebbero uscire a fine anno o poco dopo -, ce n'è uno che s'intitola "All she wants is another son".Parla di una madre che forza il figlio a sposare una ragazza "trofeo" - ovviamente non c'è niente di personale - per poter scattare delle foto del matrimonio e mandarle alla propria madre a Beirut."

"Mika will then talk about "black humour". “I even used it in my new album” he says. “ Among all the tracks I'm working on in Los Angeles - they're supposed to be released by the end of the year or soon after - there's one that's called "All she wants is another son". It's about a mother who forces her son to get married to a "trophy" girlfriend - of course there's nothing personal about it - just to be able to take wedding pics and send them to her mother in Beirut."

While this phrase reminded me of an article about dyslexia read a couple of days ago:

"At 9 I was kicked out of school, at Lycée Français in London. And I forgot everything: how to write, how to read, even how to play, which I was good at, and how to read music». Dyslexic, to sum it up. «Yes, they turned me into it. A French teacher. She was intolerant and aggressive, both as a person and as a teacher. She treated me badly, in a condescending manner. In the end I was kicked out. Me, not her». Mika stops to reflect. Perhaps to remember."

http://www.sanihelp.it/news/19747/dislessia-violenza-infanzia/1.html

"A study conducted by researchers at the University of Toronto and the University of North Carolina has shown a relationship between dyslexia and violence during childhood: the study was recently published online in the journal Journal of Interpersonal Violence."

"According to the researchers abuse could exacerbate existing problems of learning or the learning difficulties may expose dyslexic children to violence out of frustration of the adults for their lack of proper learning."

I think also psychological violence, not only the physical.

Edited by charlie20

Translation in French :naughty:

«La beauté engendre la beauté»

Mika raconte son histoire. Voici comment un vilain petit canard, insulté par ses camarades d'école, est devenu un cygne. Une "école de la vie" pour tous les adolescents.

La star de la pop parle de la jeunesse, entre ses souvenirs et son expérience dans XFactor.

Le "Mika Factor" contre le harcèlement scolaire: «A l'école on lançait des boîtes de soda sur moi. Je ne les pardonne pas, je sais comment les battre»

«J'étais inscrit à Westminster, à Londres, l' une des écoles les plus anciennes et les plus prestigieuses d'Europe. Pour aller à l'école, cependant, je devais traverser le campus à pied et passer derrière l'abbaye.»

Des pelouses tondues avec une méticulosité extrème, des chemins scrupuleusement délimités. Et un groupe de jeunes gens en uniforme vert. Lesquels se moquaient de Michael Holbrook Penniman fils, alors âgé de onze ans et quand ils le voyaient passer, ils ricanaient.

«Devant tous les passants ils lançaient dans mon dos des boîtes de Coca et d'autres trucs. Le doyen savait que c'était plus facile pour moi d'attendre que tout le monde soit rentré en classe. Alors, j'avais la permission d' arriver en retard à tous les cours. Mais je n'oublierai jamais qui les personnes qui m'ont fait ça. Jamais je ne les pardonnerai non plus. Et je pense que personne ne devrait. Les enfants pensent que leurs actions sont sans conséquences, que tout le monde oublie ou pardonne, parce que c'est ce qu'on leur a appris. Quelles c********. Et de toute façon faire du mal se retourne contre son auteur tôt ou tard»

Il y a un sourire moqueur dans les yeux de Mika, le nom sous lequel nous le connaissons actuellement—avec le visage d'une super popstar internationale—et alors—enfant: si different des autres à un âge où il est impératif de se conformer à la norme.

«Un jour, un professeur m'a sermoné, en pensant m'aider. . " Que fais-tu pour les provoquer?" a-t-elle demandé. J'étais tellement en colère...à un certain moment , quand même, j'ai été capable de répondre : "Ce sont des idiots, mais leur "excuse" c'est qu'ils ont 15 ans. Quelle est la vôtre? " et la conversation s'est terminée. Je ne sais pas ce qui déclenche le harcellement scolaire. Peut-être est-ce la peur de la liberté des autres. Mais je sais qu'on peut—et qu'on doit se défendre».

Depuis que son "personnage"a explosé en Italie—en tant que juge dans XFactor 2013—il a été scanné, écouté, passé aux rayons X. Nous avons appris qu'il est à moitié libanais (comme maman Joanie, a femme solaire voyageant bien souvent à ses côtés) et à moitié américain (comme Michael son papa diplomate). Ensuite il a grandi à Paris jusqu'à l'âge de neuf ans, puis à Londres. Qu'il est gay, et qu'il n'a pas peur de le dire: au contraire il en a parlé souvent. Qu'il est dyslexique et qu' il a choisi étant enfant, parmis ces modèles dans les arts et dans la vie, notre anti snob par excellence , Dario Fo. Avant tout, nous avons réalisé que parmis toutes les personnalités télé, il est en fait un "être humain". Un véritable être humain.

«J'ai 31 ans, je vis dans "l'ombre de la grande division" cette période de grâce où tout est permis" (avant 38 ans)»

Il est de nouveau à Milan, pour "juger"les nouveaux jeunes de l'édition 2014 de XFactor , dans laquelle il séduit de plus en plus l'italie.

«Ils m'aiment bien? Je ne sais pas pourquoi ».

Il donne le sentiment qu'il ne lance jamais une réplique sans avoir des choses à dire.

«Peut être aiment-il le fait que je n'ai pas peur de dire exactement ce que je pense. Quand je suis heureux, je n'ai pas peur de l'exprimer. C'est pareil quand je pense que je me sens comme une m****. Ce qui est important c'est de le faire de façon intelligente. En vérité, j'ai vite appris la difference entre être traité comme un inférieur ou comme un égal. J'avais le choix. Donc à présent c'est une chose que je ne fais pas.

Je ne ne considère pas l'âge en tant que tel avec déférence. J'en ai pour la grandeur, le talent et la connaissance. Et pour toute personne qui a été capable de faire quelque chose. Mais je m'adresse à tous de la même manière , que la personne en face de moi soit âgée de 70 ou de 7 ans.

Une déclaration aussi tranchée que cela voudrait la peine d'être examinée de plus près.

Dans la courte biographie du chanteur de trente ans, on en trouve les racines.

«J'ai commencé à travailler à 10 ans: mes réponses dans la vie ont toujours été rapides. A 9 ans, j'ai été viré de mon école, le lycée français de Londres. Et j'ai tout oublié: comment écrire, comment lire, et même comment jouer, et pourtant j'y excellais, et comment lire la musique.»

Bref, dyslexique.

«Oui, c'est ce qu'ils ont fait de moi. Une professeure de français. Elle était intolérante et aggressive, à la fois en tant qu'individu et en tant qu'enseignante. Elle me traitait très mal, avec condescendance. Et à la fin, j'ai été viré. Moi, pas elle.»

Mika s'arrête pour réfléchir. Ou peut-être pour se souvenir.

Promenade dans Hyde Park.

«Ma mère m'a dit "Tu ne peux plus aller à l'école, tu ne parles à personne. Veux-tu quitter l'école? "

"Oui"

"Que veux-tu faire?" demanda-t-elle?

"Aller au parc" ai-je répondu.

Elle pensait que j'étais autiste“

"Ok, tu vas au parc alors" a-t-elle conclu. Mais ce n'était pas tout. Mika commença à errer autour de Hyde Park, à Londres. "Sans aucun but ni objectif. Chaque jour. Mais elle m'entendait chanter. Un jour elle m'a dit: 'Tu peux continuer à aller au parc mais en échange tu devras étudier le chant. Et réapprendre à jouer du piano." Elle pensait: s'il peut réapprendre retrouver les notes, il fera de même avec les mots. Elle embaucha un professeur de musique russe qui venait de fuir l' URSS, il me refila à sa femme Alla en dernier recours.»

Alla était une chanteuse d'opéra très talentueuse. Elle imposa la discipline soviétique au petit Mika.

Deux heures durant, chaque jour.

«Je me suis retrouvé à chanter au Royal Opera House au bout de six mois.Un opera de Strauss. C'était mon premier travail. C'était dur, et j'étais terrifié, mais les personnes dans les âges de 50/60 ans s'adressaient à moi comme si j'étais un professionnel de 30 ans. Je me souviens que je pensais " Ils me paient et ils sont gentils. A l'école, mes pairs me traitaient comme une *****. Mon choix était fait. Et la musique était une évasion magique (c'est ainsi que les stars naissent).

«ça (probablement en réference à la musique) c'était tout ce que nous avions, dans les deux chambres que nous autres cinq frères et soeurs partagions, même lorsque nous habitions dans une grande maison.»

Donc cela n'a rien de comparable avec la nouvelle publicité de Sky pour X-Factor, qui montre le jeune Mika entouré d'objets comme dans la plupart des chambres de jeunes.

«Il n'y avait pas de posters, ni de photos, ni de jeux pour pc, dans ma chambre, il n'y avait rien. Juste un petit théatre, une scène en jouet que mes parents m'avaient acheté: un objet magique! Et il y avait trois lits, un grand et deux petits pour une personne, et nous nous les échangions tout le temps. Nous remplissions l'espace vide avec notre imagination.»

Et avec des notes de musique.

«Nina Simone, France Gall, Serge Gainsbourg,en particulier ses productions les plus sombres et les plus sexys: je l'adore toujours. Et la voix de Georges Moustaki, même si je n'étais pas capable de comprendre la signification politique de ses chansons. Et aussi beaucoup de reggae : Shabba Ranks, qui n'est pas vraiment terrible maintenant que j'y repense, mais à l'époque je l'adorais. Il était spectaculaire et il faisait toutes les bêtises possibles. J'ai assisté à un de ces concerts qui fut mon tout premier, quand j'étais enfant, en Virginie. J'avais 8 ans et je me souviens qu'on m'a fouillé à la recherche d'armes à feu. Génial! C'était absurde, mais ça m'a fait penser: Je suis un adulte.»

Mais la douleur et les humiliations infligées par les professeurs et les camarades scolaires restaient encore à venir....

«Et ma libération, en chantant au Royal Opera House de Londres. Les gens ont commencé à me montrer du respect, ce qui a changé ma vie. Par conséquence je crois à une règle: mettre quelqu'un dans la beauté, engendre sa beauté. A Hillhaeursen en Alsace, j'ai des amis très chers-les Haeberlins -qui tiennent un restaurant depuis plusieurs générations. Il s'appelle l'Auberge de l'Ill” C'est l'un des restaurants les plus connus du monde." Trois étoiles Michelin, oui". Mais ce qui me plait le plus c'est que Danielle et Marc accueillent tous ces enfants renvoyés de leur école et sont intégrés dans un programme de réadaptation à cause des drogues ou simplement de l'absentéisme, et ils leur apprennent comment tenir un restaurant, comment faire le service et la cuisine. Puis ils leur prêtent leur restaurant pour un dînner avec les superviseurs du programme, les parents et les enseignants. Et toute cette soirée là, ils seront les chefs du restaurant étoilé! Ce sont les mêmes bases: si on donne à quelqu'un une chance de faire partie de quelque chose de bien, ils feront quelque chose de bien. De toute façon, l'opposé est vrai aussi!»

Maintenant Mika travaille de nouveau avec les jeunes participants de X Factor.

« Quand vous êtes dans l'univers du spectacle, vous vous sentez détaché des personnes qui sont comme vous étiez avant d'avoir eu du succès. Ce télé crochet m'a permis de retourner à l'âge de dix huit ans, un garçon éhonté qui en voulait. J'avais "faim" et je n'avais aucune pitié envers moi-même. Je voulais toujours faire mieux.»

Different de ces jeunes?

«Non, je ressens beaucoup d'affinités avec certains d'entre eux, en particulier quand je les vois en plein apprentissage. Comme le gars gitan qui a participé au télé crochet français The Voice. Il vivait dans une caravane, il ne savait ni lire ni écrire et il apprenait tout à l'oreille. Admirable.»

Bien sûr, une fois dans le monde du spectacle, rester pur est presque un miracle.

«Vous pouvez le faire seulement si vous continuez à vous amuser et si vous gardez votre sens de l'humour. C'est ça le plus important. Alors oui, vous serez encore capable de dire si quelque chose est bien ou pas et vous ne serez pas la proie de vos peurs.»

Mika ensuite parle de "l'humour noir".

« Et j'en ai glissé dans mon nouvel album" dit-il. «Parmis les titres sur lesquels je travaille à Los Angeles-l'album doit sortir vers la fin de cette année ou juste après-il y en a un qui s'appelle "All she wants is another son" (Tout ce qu'elle veut c'est un autre fils) C'est l'histoire d'une mère qui force son fils à se marier à une petite amie "trophée"-bien sûr il n'y a rien de personnel là dedans-uniquement dans le but de prendre des photos du mariage et pour les envoyer à sa mère à Beyrouth. Le refrain est ainsi:

"All she wants is another son/ all she wants is another simple solution/ for my mother delusion. Get some adorable pictures done/ for her mother in Lebanon"

("Tout ce qu'elle veut c'est un autre fils/tout ce qu'elle veut c'est une simple solution/pour l'illusion de ma mère. Faire quelques photos adorables/pour sa mère au Liban")

The refrain goes "All she wants is another son/ all she wants is another simple solution/ for my mother delusion. Get some adorable pictures done/ for her mother in Lebanon".»

Il s'arrête, après cette allusion, nous laissant dans l'expectative, et il sourit.

Les endorphines contre le canabis.

L'autre point important c'est de continuer à faire des choses concrètes, avec d'autres personnes.

«Je viens de donner un concert pendant un tournois de golf en France. J'étais sur scène, devant 120 invités, accompagné de deux de mes musiciens. J'ai joué, j'ai chanté, j'ai parlé, et j'ai pensé: "Et en plus, ils me payent!!" Des sensations merveilleuses comme celles là, l'énergie que cela donne, les endorphines et la dopamine, cela tient les artistes à l'écart des paradis artificiels, tels que les drogues.»

Dont la consommation, cependant, d'après des statistiques très récentes, est en augmentation parmis les jeunes gens, et en commençant par le cannabis.

«Mais est-ce vrai? Ou est-ce parce que les gens ont moins de réticences à admettre leur consommation de cannabis? Bien que je ne fume pas-en fait je trouve que c'est difficile d'être productif avec ce type de produit-je pense que c'est tout à fait la fin de la stigmatisation de la marijuana, ce qui est une chose positive à mon avis.

Je me demande combien des tourmenteurs "genre prairies de Westminster" écoutent ma musique aujourd'hui. Peut-être même se trouvaient parmi les golfeurs de mon dernier concert en date....»

Une belle revanche. "Pour combattre le harcelèment scolaire, la première chose qu'il faut savoir, c'est que c'est normal de se sentir comme une m*****. C'est normal! Ceux ou celles qui le subissent devraient savoir qu'ils n'y sont pour rien s'ils se sentent ainsi et qu'ils n'ont rien fait de mal. C'est à eux qu'on a fait du mal. C'est la situation qui vous fait sentir si mal. N'ayez jamais honte. Parce que la vérité c'est qu'on finit par se détester. Par se cacher. Par ne dire à personne ce qui vous arrive. Au contraire, parlez! Il y a toujours une solution. Vous devez aussi réaliser même si ce n'est pas toujours facile, que le temps passe vite, et que ce qui semble avoir énormément d'importance aujourd'hui, paraîtra presque insignifiant dans le futur. Cela aide de mettre les choses en perspective. Et à vous sentir mieux. Et puis, les petites choses que vous pouvez faire aujourd'hui et qui vous aident à vous sentir mieux, elle prennent vite un sens. Vous aimez écrire? Peut-être que ce que vous faites aujourd'hui semble être un gribouillage, mais ses gribouillages , un jour, pourront changer votre vie.

Si vous aimez faire la cuisine, vous pensez peut-être que vous êtes glouton et gros, mais au contraire cette passion peut changer votre vie. Ils vous traitent d'intello parce que vous aimez les maths? Les maths sont un art, et le futur appartient aux mathématiciens. Tout a une valeur. Je voudrais faire passer ce message à tous ceux qui sont subissent le harcèlement scolaire, qui est un processus de dévalorisation. Pas seulement envers votre personne, mais aussi pour tout ce qui vous entoure. Vos vêtements sont moches, vous êtes un idiot, votre voiture ne vaut rien,vos parents sont gros, votre soeur est une p***, votre religion est mauvaise et la mienne c'est la bonne, vous êtes gay et votre sexualité n'est pas aussi bien que la mienne, vous êtes un pervert et je suis un saint.

C'est en même temps de l'intimidation et une façon de prendre le controle sur vous. C'est comme ça qu'ils dévaluent tout ce qui vous concerne, depuis vos organes génitaux jusqu'à vos tennis.

Et comme leur but c'est que vous ne vous puissiez plus vous regarder dans le miroir, ni regarder votre famille, ni ce qui vous appartient avec fierté. La seule façon de combattre le harcellement scolaire c'est de répéter encore et encore que tout a de la valeur, même les petites choses qui sont importantes pour vous.»

Un discours solennel, par quelqu'un qui a souffert et qui a réussi à en sortir, qui devrait presque être lu dans les écoles. Mika est à fond.

«C'est la métaphore de Winnie l'ourson. Dans l'histoire, il est le seul personnage qui voit que tout a une valeur, tandis que le Maître hibou pense qu'il sait tout , alors qu'il ne comprend rien, et que Porcinet sait tout mais qu'il a peur de tout.

Ici, la musique, comme l'art, offre une differente vision de la vie, en créant une valeur qui peut apporter de la positivité.»

Les prières du pape François.

Il exhorte aux mêmes choses

«C'est vrai aussi dans la religion."

On ne peut pas l'arrêter, seul le départ imminent de son vol pour Bruxelles, lui qui est un véritable artiste globe-trotter, le pousse à conclure.

«La religion dit: ceci est le bien et ceci est le mal. Ceci est vrai et ceci est faux. Hé bien ce qui est étonnant, c'est que le nouveau pape va à l'encontre de l'authoritarisme traditionel. Mais c'est aussi la seule façon de faire évoluer le système vétuste de l'église, en particulier dans les sociétés où la compétition évangélique est forte, du sud au nord de l'Amerique."

Comment Bergoglio le sait-il, aura-t-il la force?

«François est le genre de pape qui prie non pas pour avoir la force de faire des choses, mais plutôt pour avoir la force de ne pas en faire trop."

Elle parait claire, alors, la raison pour laquelle Mika dit que les modèles dont on doit s'inspirer sont les "anti snobs":

«Comme le compositeur Kurt Weill, qui composait des symphonies-je fais juste des chansons-mais qui adorait aussi écrire des chansons pop. Ou le dramaturge français Jean Cocteau, qui se partageait entre les théatres élitistes et les films commerciaux. Ou le grand pianiste canadien Glen Gloud, qui adorait aussi faire de la télévision."Il mettait le paquet" comme on dit aux Etats Unis. Expression haute en couleur qui, litteralement veut dire "tout donner". Donc, finalement j'ai aussi décidé de "mettre le paquet". J'ai décidé de faire X Factor et de ne pas continuer à m'isoler plus longtemps."

Un télé crochet en France, la chanson pour la publicité d'une bière en Espagne, une montre pour Swatch. Où est la limite?

«Si je fais quelque chose, ça doit être en rapport avec les domaines qui me sont familiers. Dans mon cas, la musique et le design.

La publicité pour un opérateur mobile?

« C'est parce que la façon de promouvoir la musique aujourd'hui est differente de ce qui se faisait il y a vingt ans."

Une dernière question pour cette jeune star que l'Italie commence à connaître de mieux en mieux: d'après Mika, l'Italie est-elle un pays pour les jeunes?

«Les adolescents ici disent toujours :"'il n'y a pas de travail": mais ce qui est sympa c'est qu'il y a plein de vie dans les rues. En France, par exemple, la vie se passe toujours derrière des portes fermées; Los Angeles est un endroit où tout ce qu'on a envie de faire est lié à ou dépend de l'argent, tandis qu'en Angleterre, tout est lié aux marques: est-ce un bon styliste? Oui , il travaille pour telle ou telle marque. Un artiste? Il expose à la gallerie Saatchi.

Donc, des villes comme Stockholm et Copenhague offrent beaucoup plus de possibilités; mais en fin de compte il y en a aussi beaucoup en Italie où la communication est appréciée, les jeunes gens parlent beaucoup, et cela a un effet positif sur tout. Bien sûr ce serait fantastique d'être jeune là bas à l'époque du grand boum économique...."

Et aujourd'hui où iriez vous?

«A Montreal, au Canada. Il y a une culture rafraichissante, une énergie créative extraordinaire. On y pense que tout est possible.

Dans l'art, dans la musique. Ils disent: pourquoi pas, essayons. Donc c'est comme ça que de brillants talents sont révélés comme le brillant réalisateur de films Xavier Dolan, 25 ans (With Mommy a gagné le prix du jury de Cannes en 2014)

Au Québec, on prend des risques avec de jeunes gens, sans toujours penser à l'argent.

Ils cherchent leur propre espace entre l'influence de leur voisin américain, leurs racines européennes, un système de protection sociale pour les personnes et une autonomie culturelle protégée. Un bon mélange.

A la base, toujours la même règle: "La beauté engendre la beauté." Qui sait, peut-être même dans les prairies vertes de Westminster et au delà, finalement il y a des gens qui vont pouvoir apprendre cela.»

• 2 weeks later...

My husband happened to listen to a short interview today on the sport channel.

Mika said that during the week-end he did 32 kms running and canyoning to cope with the stress of XF and of the album recording.

He said that, whenever Chelsea plays, he needs to hang their flag on his door to prevent people from damaging it.

And that his cardboard cutout must have been photoshopped cause he looks like 22 y.o.

Mika said that during the week-end he did 32 kms running and canyoning to cope with the stress of XF and of the album recording.

He said that, whenever Chelsea plays, he needs to hang their flag on his door to prevent people from damaging it.

And that his cardboard cutout must have been photoshopped cause he looks like 22 y.o.

Awwwwww poor man he must be so stressed... He did look tired in the Milan pics. And photoshopped, really? :naughty: But 22 and 31, almost the same. Thanks for the news! :thumb_yello:

thank you for letting us know about it. I really can imagine him running up and down mountains to get rid of the stress. I´m doing cleaning like mad when I´m angry or stressed to get rid of it.....

thank you for letting us know about it. I really can imagine him running up and down mountains to get rid of the stress. I´m doing cleaning like mad when I´m angry or stressed to get rid of it.....

I can't focus anything if I'm too stressed :aah: My husband runs to relieve stress, too.

:naughty: Indeed funny to know - I understand MIKA, and do the same myself, well, not running - but speedy walk in the forest and mountains, to get rid of stress! :teehee: And in the noise of vacuum cleaning I can think clearly, and often come up with quite some good ideas!:aah: God - we're really a bunch of "strange" people - aren't we ... :naughty:

Love,love

me

:naughty: Indeed funny to know - I understand MIKA, and do the same myself, well, not running - but speedy walk in the forest and mountains, to get rid of stress! :teehee: And in the noise of vacuum cleaning I can think clearly, and often come up with quite some good ideas!:aah: God - we're really a bunch of "strange" people - aren't we ... :naughty:

Love,love

me

Guess I must change my vaccum cleaner then... Mine's so noisy that I can't think because it's too loud:wink2: