Goodbye Italy, it was a crazy adventure

From the door of the dressing room came up the Mika's disheveled head. He smile and ask me to wait a moment, wetting me with the spray for the plants. :naughty:

While he was waiting for the rehearsals for X Factor, the judge who has changed the face of the show, he revise the episode of the "daily" section, he dresses and chats with the staff. With him there's even his mum, a permanent presence behind the scenes of the program.

"She's part of the team for ten years." he explains. "She creates clothes for me, for the band, for the dancers. She is the head of a laboratory of 15 people: we do everything together, it is the only way in which we can really have fun."

How do you feel, at the end of this journey?

It was a crazy experience. A few months ago I didn't even say "grazie". And now... I can't believe it, the program is finished! I still feel as if I were starting.

During the rehearsals, he looks carefully the performance of his finalist, Violetta. His advice doesn't stop at the accuracy of the singing. Not convinced about a pair of shoes with high heels worn by the girl, he takes them off to her and he make sing her without shoes. But he reassures her from the table of judges: "I am superstitious so do something wrong or at least make a mistake!!"

Have you ever imagined that Violetta would come down to the final of XF?

I was hoping all my singers could arrive at this point of the program. I know that it was unlikely, but you always have to start with that intention. It's ok, I worked with the girls so that each of them earned something from this experience.

If you could go back, would you change something about your choices?

We select the tracks to sing in the competition between hundreds of songs. I mean, I love Adele, it is a friend of mine and my neighbor's house, but I did not want to give her songs. They are too obvious. I was afraid that the show would become a karaoke.

Here in Italy, did you meet someone who will inspire you a song?

I can't reply you yet... BUT there's a person that could even bring me in a new direction.

What Mika can tell us is that he is going to leave Italy immediately after the final of X Factor. First stage in France, where he will make the coach on "The Voice":"We have just recorded the selections for the "battles" : I had with me Kylie Minogue as" special coach "for a whole day, it was amazing!"

Is there a difference between France and Italy?

Here there is more chaos, cheerful anarchy. It is important because you can have fun. Italians leave me to risk. They made me choose songs of Gossip, Dolly Parton, even Passenger that was not even ever heard on the radio. They told me: if it goes wrong it's your fault!

And you were right, "Let Her Go" is at number one in the singles in Italy.

the record company sent me a case of wine! Jokes aside, I'm happy: it is a lovely song, its potential had not yet been exploited.

And after "The Voice"? Holidays?

No, after that I go to LA to record my new album

What can you tell us about the new album?

It will not be electronic. It looks more like the songs that I wrote when I was 21 years old. "The Origin Of Love", my last album, was built and very intricate. Now I change everything.

Meanwhile, the version of "Stardust" with Chiara became a hit. Did you expect it?

Life is strange. I knew that this song was special and, I said it frankly, I quarelled a lot with my record company. They wanted a new song. But it represents perfectly this moment, it sounds great, the voice of Chiara is fabulous.

Better than the original?

I think so, yes!! With Chiara the song has found its home. when you are sure of one thing, you have to take risks.

Will you make some duets with other artists?

"Not as young as her. Someone older. Indeed, much older" :teehee: he smiles, making it clear that there will be something amazing.

How do you feel, at only 30 years, to have a "greatest hits" in the italian chart?

It's a collection of songs, not a "greatest hits"! it is a concept that has no meaning. "Popular Song" has 40 million views on YouTube but in Europe has never passed on the radio. Anyway, I'm going to continue until "Volume 2" and maybe at 85 years I'll do the third.

Are you surprised about the success of the album?

I think it happens because I'm on TV to have fun, not to answer the usual questions.When you are on promotion they are all the same: "Do you like Italy? Do you like the italian food?" At "X Factor" I can be myself, I am very lucky.

Is there a hidden gem in the album that fans have to discover?

"Any Other World" is in the digital version, for me it's very important, it is one of the first songs that I wrote. it has never been a single, but it helped me to find my own style.

Do you still like to sing "Grace Kelly"?

Yes, but I change it every time. In French, on the piano, with a choir, with the orchestra. The songs have a life. You can let them destroy you or make sure that they change with you. It is essential, otherwise everything becomes false.

Will you sing something at the final?

I have an idea and I want to involve the judges. It would not have been the same without these people so colorful and eccentric.

So will you come back next year?

Now I have an album to do and it will take many months. And then a tour. It is not a "yes" or "no." It was a wonderful experience. But I make albums, I'm a musician. And I want to continue to do it.

If there are mistakes please forgive me and let me know so I can change it :wink2:

I love it! Thanks Lucrezia!! You're a star!

Now I have an album to do and it will take many months. And then a tour. It is not a "yes" or "no." It was a wonderful experience. But I make albums, I'm a musician. And I want to continue to do it.

:pray::crossed:

+1 :wink2:

:huglove:

:pray::crossed:

Tomorrow morning he will be at Radio Deejay , along with the other judges.

I won't be able to listen to it. I hope they will put it on line....

I don't know if it was posted already somewhere else,but this is the vid from Deejay radio interview,thanks to Mikasister :thumb_yello:http://www.deejay.it/video/mika-gli-one-direction-sono-cresciuti/362367/

guida TV

6qr5.jpg

An INTERVIEW with pics at the rehearsal of XF semifinal.

ISSUU.com

( sorry, I couldn't download these pages )

http://issuu.com/tuttosunoto/docs/sorrisi_e_canzoni_50/32

http://issuu.com/tuttosunoto/docs/sorrisi_e_canzoni_50/34

SCREEN captured

11411943504_3eec7717f7_o.jpg

11411932366_a24de8b476_o.jpg

11412065403_1a6ccc1d62_o.jpg

Mika dietro le quinte di «X Factor»: gallery esclusiva

at the semifinal reearsal

http://www.sorrisi.com/2013/12/10/mika-dietro-le-quinte-di-x-factor-gallery-esclusiva/

11317153605_31c666e921_c.jpg

11317242994_f32952950d_b.jpg

11317285283_88697a8ea6_b.jpg

11317154285_f7b76b29ed_b.jpg

11317242434_31f16a2ec0_b.jpg

11317243284_9a065ecca5_b.jpg

11317153195_b594250a0c_b.jpg

sorry, I've posted it to the XF thread... :doh:

Thanks a lot for your advise Bia !! :huglove:

I don't know which thread this INTERVIEW should be posted (XF or SWATCH)...

Marie Clair Italia

http://www.marieclaire.it/Attualita/Mika-intervista-xfactor-swatch

Intervista a Mika

Ho cercato di prendere un vaporetto con...uno dei personaggi dell'anno.

Martedì 17 Dicembre 2013

Mica male appropinquarsi a Mika e scoprire di avere addosso una giacca identica alla sua. Anima e revers in lana + maniche in pelle: un risvolto pragmatico che assomiglia più a una metafora della vita (ma il suo è un total look Valentino; per me non c’è partita!).

Siamo a Venezia e tira una gran bell’aria.

La soirée è fuori dal tempo, anche se di tempo si parla perché Mika ha disegnato, con la bella sorella designer Yasmine, due orologi per Swatch, ispirazione totem, a cavallo tra sciamanesimo e misticismo.

Eppure al seguito Mika ora si porta madre, sorella e tutta la materialità di 15 valigie gonfie di shopping che in vaporetto proprio non si incastrano.

Tocca ripiegare su un taxi gondola.

«Ah, quant’è bella Venezia...», sussurrerà poi nel buio di un balcone che affaccia sul Guggenheim.

«La vita è fatta di mix: lo scuro con il chiaro. In tutto quello che faccio

c’è un elemento dark, però felice. Come le mie canzoni. Come Venezia».

Non avremmo mai pensato di associarti a delle maschere tribali...

Eh? Scusa ma sono un po’ sordo. Ho ascoltato troppa musica ad alto volume e ora non ci sento!

Ma come: a 30 anni già sordo e pure sciamano?

(Ride) Non sono ossessionato dall’idea del tempo. Anni fa sì. Pensavo: 30 anni, che età importante. Ma ora non è così, ho amici ventenni come di 50 e 60.

Come gestisci il tuo tempo?

È una continua sfida. Sono spesso in viaggio ma odio gli aeroporti, la frenesia, gli orari. Lo faccio perché devo. E amo dover viaggiare per fare quello che voglio.

X Factor, un album appena uscito (Song Book Vol.1), un altro talent show in Francia: sarai mica stanco?

(Annuisce) L’importante è mettercela tutta. Per questo sono esigente con me stesso e con i ragazzi che seguo nei talent. Chiunque ha il diritto di credere in un sogno. Chiunque dovrebbe fare buone esperienze, capire quale sia la propria strada.

Chi ti ha illuminato su quale sarebbe stata la tua?

Quando avevo 15 anni, ed ero sempre stanco perché già cantavo e intanto studiavo, mia madre mi disse: «Stai camminando per te stesso. Devi. Sei tu a creare le basi per il tuo lavoro. Basta lamentarsi!». In famiglia siamo 5 fratelli tutti cresciuti con l’arte. Due sorelle sono designer, mio fratello è architetto. Sono letteralmente ossessionato dal teatro, dal design, dalla musica...

E dalla moda: ce ne vuole a riempire 15 valigie!

In realtà non sono così amante del fashion, più dell’idea di design che c’è dietro. E spesso è la mia mamma che mi cura il look.

Il momento della giornata in cui ti esprimi meglio?

Quando dormo! (Ride) Indubbiamente il momento migliore di tutte le 24 ore.

ho8e.jpg

Interview with Mika

I tried to catch a ferry to one....of the characters of the year.

It's not bad to meet Mika and find that you wear his same jacket. Anima and revers made with wool + leather sleeves: a pragmatic lapel that looks more like a metaphor for life (but his look is Valentino; for me there's no chance!)

We are in Venice and it's a little big cold.

The soirèe is outside of time, even if all this it's about time because Mika has designed, with the beautiful designer sister Yasmine, two clocks for Swatch, inspired to totems, between shamanism and mysticism.

But Mika is now accompanied by his mother, sister and all the materiality of 15 swollen shopping bags that on the "vamporetto" (it's a boat) just don't fit.

So, we have to take a taxi gondola.

«Ah, how's beautiful Venice...», he'll whisper in the dark of a balcony later, which overlooks the Guggenheim.

« Life is made up of mix: the dark with the light. In everything I do there is a dark element, but happy. Like my songs. Like Venice».

We never thought to associate you with the tribal masks ...

Eh? Sorry but I'm a bit deaf. I have listened to too much loud music and now I can not hear anything!

But: at 30 years old are you already deaf and also a shaman?

(Laughs) I'm not obsessed with the idea of time. Years ago, yes. I thought, 30 years old, this age is important. But now it is not, I have friends of 20 as 50 and 60.

How do you manage your time?

It is a continuous challenge. I'm often traveling, but I hate airports, the frenzy, the timetables. I do it because I have to. And I love having to travel to do what I want.

X Factor, a newly released album (Song Book Vol.1), another talent show in France: are you not tired?

The important thing is to go all out. For this I am demanding with myself and with the guys that I follow in talent. Everyone has the right to believe in a dream. Everyone should do good experiences, understand what is his/her own way.

Who did enlightened you on what would have been your way?

When I was 15 years old, and I was always tired because I already sang and while I was studying, my mother told me: "You're walking by yourself. You have to do it. You are creating the basis for your work. Stop complain!." In my family we are 5 siblings that grew up with art. Two sisters are designers, my brother is an architect. I am literally obsessed with theater, design, music ...

And with fashion: it takes time to fill 15 bags!

Actually I'm not so lover of fashion, most of the idea of ​​design behind it. And often it's my mom that cares my look.

What's the time of day in which you express yourself better?

When I sleep! (Laughs) Undoubtedly the best time of all 24 hours.

Found this on FB (Thanks @Kumazzz for sharing there ^^)

#‎XF7‬ Clamoroso!!!! MIKA ancora in Italia per noi:))!!! Sabato 21 Dicembre la nostra Pop Star sarà ospite del programma Verissimo!

But...isn't it supposed that the 21th he will be in Paris for recording some parts of "The Voice"? :blink: mika drives me crazy :insane:

Edited by Mikasister