I can't seem to find the subtitles on these videos. It says click on CC to enable them, but I cannot find CC on the videos.

Scratch that, I found it.

Edited by RAK1

Sorry for the bad quality, I don't have all the stuff to record properly from my TV. I just used my mobile :biggrin2:

[YOUTUBE]kyEM6G0Oz44[/YOUTUBE]

I may do some subtitles later.

Edited by Elwendin

Sorry for the bad quality, I don't have all the stuff to record properly from my TV. I just used my mobile :biggrin2:

Recap: Mika said that during the week-end he did 32 kms running and canyoning to cope with the stress of XF and of the album recording.

He said that, whenever Chelsea plays, he needs to hang their flag on his door to prevent people from damaging it.

And that his cardboard cutout must have been photoshopped cause he looks like 22 y.o.

Trekking and canyoning! What a man!!

Recap: Mika said that during the week-end he did 32 kms running and canyoning to cope with the stress of XF and of the album recording.

He said that, whenever Chelsea plays, he needs to hang their flag on his door to prevent people from damaging it.

And that his cardboard cutout must have been photoshopped cause he looks like 22 y.o.

Thanks a lot !!

anyway, is it the same interview ?

An Interview by Sky Sport

21/10/2014

Sport Factor, lo sport secondo Mika

Uno dei giudici più amati di X Factor e le sue "passioni" sportive

http://video.sky.it/sport/altri-sport/sport_factor/v217842.vid

[sky]217842[/sky]

I'd like to translate this TV Sorrisi e Canzoni full interview tomorrow.

http://www.sorrisi.com/2014/10/22/x-factor-intervista-mika/

Of course, we can share, if anyone wants to do it as well.

And there's also this one: http://m.vogue.it/uomo-vogue/news/2014/10/mika-veste-valentino-haute-couture-a-x-factor-8

Edited by Elwendin

I'd like to translate this TV Sorrisi e Canzoni full interview tomorrow.

Of course, we can share, if anyone wants to do it as well.

And there's also this one: http://m.vogue.it/uomo-vogue/news/2014/10/mika-veste-valentino-haute-couture-a-x-factor-8

I'm willing to help but tomorrow I'll be in university the whole day so I won't be able untill tomorrow night... Let me know!:wink2:

Loved reading the interview in Sorrisi! Shows how much he's thought things through and how he really wants to help the contestants, I admire that!

This is my favorite quote: "Stiamo cercando un cantante non con una grande gola, ma con un grande cuore." That is so true! The most important thing is the performer managing to make you feel the emotions of the song.

Also I loved the part where he mentions the Phoenicians:

"Era una bella idea per la mia cultura, quella di poter dire: guardate che siamo tutti gli stessi"

Sicilians, Lebanese, Cypriots we all have the same ancestors and thats why our cultures are so similar. Somehow I find this thought very heartwarming!

And the Vogue article was also interesting! Yesterday's butterfly suit was super stylish!! Cant wait to see the next ones :original:

I'm willing to help but tomorrow I'll be in university the whole day so I won't be able untill tomorrow night... Let me know!:wink2:

:thumb_yello:

Are you ok if I take care of the sorrisi e canzoni one?

I'm not that much into fashion....

My friend Laura is translating this one right now:

MIKA: "The key to freedom, to fight against bullying"

Always elegant, flawless and with kind manners out of the common. Mika shows up like this at Tgcom24 to talk about himself among thousands of tasks around the world, torn between television with X Factor and music. The songwriter is finishing his new album which is supposed to be released in early 2015. A former victim of bullying, he thinks there's a way to defeat it: "The balance between individuality and thoughtlessness. That's the key to freedom".

How do you split your time among your countless commitment to tv and music?

I try to do things in a good way, taking it easy. It's better to be slow and successfull than being in a rush and having no good results. During the last months I've been going back and forth from UK, France and Italy. I'm almost done with my album, which I partly recorded in LA and will be released in early 2015.

Are you considering a duet with Chiara Galiazzo?

I don't know yet. "Stardust" was a magical chance. I wrote the song with Benny Benassi, I recorded it on my own and then it found its way in a duet with Chiara. It was a wonderful experience mostly because people let it into their hearts.

Last year you said you chose to do tv with the sole purpose of making an independent album. Will it be this way?

Yes. The contemporary music world is very different from the past. Once there were hundreds of record companies for as many artists, now there are four left. So what are we supposed to do now?

You tell me.

Are we supposed to ask for permission before making a record or choosing a single? I don't think so. Nowadays everybody thinks a single's enough to smooth the way to an artist, but that's not how it is. Singers need to be protected, followed in their own artistic and musical path, to be never left on their own. So yeah, my next album is going to be exactly the way I wanted it to be.

Will there be songs in Italian?

No.

Why did you agreed for a second year of XFactor?

Because my purpose is making as much musical diversity as possible. My approach is an active one, together with the artistic director Luca Tommassini, concerning both the choice of the songs and the performance on stage, which is fundamental. I wanted to have a say this time.

What's different compared to last year? Are you more confident?

Not at all. I think confidence is an illusion and sometimes it can hurt. Very much.

You stated you've been a victim of bullying. In Italy it's happening more and more often because of sexual orientation or weight. What's the weapon to fight against it?

It's a cruelty. I think people should be taught the power of the balance between individuality and thoughtlessness, which is fundamental in life. If people learn that, then we'll be able to claim we've found the key to freedom.

Edited by Elwendin

Translation by Laura and me

Second year as a judge, you're no longer the revelation.

I'm the senior now! No, I don't feel like a senior, but at the same time I don't feel too much at ease. That's dangerous.

How have you faced the auditions?

I understood that the most difficult thing to handle in this competition isn't the pressure, it's not the audience's nor the production's opinion, not even the other judges' one. It's time. We don't have time to do anything, to make choices which can change competitors' lives forever. We have two hours per week to make up our minds about things that will have huge consequences. This year, indeed, I decided to collaborate with the contestants from the very beginning in order to try and make a movie: What's these people's story? What can we say about them? Whenever the identity is clear, choices are easier.

What are your three contestants like?

They're very different from each other, I took risks but I think I chose the best and most interesting ones, the ones with whom I can make a sort of surprising creative collage. It's no secret that this is a hard category. With the groups there's at least an absurdity element. you can do whatever you want with them because it's statistically harder to make the audience love them, you have a lot of freedom. The risk with the 'over' category is having a not so fresh group. I want to debunk this idea, they're not the old ones we're forced to have. During reharsals they've been amazing already!"

Do they have a strong point?

I found out they're not afraid of risks, they're not worried about what their parents or friends think about them: this is their last chance, an extreme action. They're open to all possibilities to put themselves into play e make people dream. It's a completely different experience compared to last year.

Do you feel a different judge as well?

I take more charge. Last year I had the chance to see how contestants' lives changed. We, as judges, have to take charge, we mustn't make a fool of the good ones and we have to keep in mind we have to be very clear from the beginning.

So harsh as well, if it's needed.

The ones who partake to the audition as a joke didn't highlight the ones with good intentions. Therefore I took charge at times, whenever there was someone who just wanted to make fun of us.

What did you learn by being a coach at The Voice in France?

The importance of technical perspective. For us people working in music, the technical perspective on the voice is obvious, but it’s not and it can be interesting also for people who aren’t experienced in such a topic. Or, for instance, the importance of talking about how music industry works. We are here for that too. We judges don’t know each other, which is helpful, cause being different makes the confrontation interesting.

What do you think about Victoria?

She’s a girl with a great emotional intelligence. She’s always been on the other side of our work: I’m a musician, she’s a host. She presents our work to the audience. Therefore she has a marketing point of view, she knows how to sell music, we know how to compose it. So she has a different perspective. And her media wisdom is smarter and focused on trading. I think that that’s useful for the contestants end even for us, cause it arises some debates.

Which team you need to defeat?

This year, I don’t know. Back in the day I used to think that youth was the most important thing, but I used to have a shallow perspective. This is what I got to learn: stories are the most important thing. We aren’t looking for a contestant with a great throat, we are looking for a contestant with a great heart. At home and even at the XF desk, we want to see someone who can carry us away to another world, someone who can be pictured in our lives even in many years from now. We need to convey a feeling of length in such an ephemeral context, a feeling that could break this quick media perspective. And just a gifted singer with a huge imagination can do it. This is the X Factor: atemporality, which is the most important thing in music.

During the auditions you got on stage too, how does it feels to be a contestant?

Production people here are very dangerous: when they notice that we are too tired, they pour Prosecco in our glasses instead of water at times. (he laughs). 15 minutes after, I’m on stage, almost drunk, singing in a gladiators arena while my coworkers are staring at me. I also got the wrong tonality. Anyway, it’s destabilizing, every judge should do that at least once. Victoria too! It would have been nice to see Simona Ventura doing an XF audition

Do you miss her?

I miss both of them. Simona has such an amazing tv culture, Elio has a unique politic and philosophic irony.

You brought Elio to Home Visit in Mozia, indeed. How did you choose that place?

First of all because I wanted to go to Sicily. The weather in Milan was awful.

So you basically took advantage of it

Jokes aside, I’ve heard about that Phoenician island. It is important to me, that place represents all the trends among Mediterranean populations that are divergent now. To my culture, it was a nice idea to be able to say: look, we are all the same.

:thumb_yello:

Are you ok if I take care of the sorrisi e canzoni one?

I'm not that much into fashion....

I'm not into fashion either but whatever.... I'll do it tomorrow!

:)

Thank you for the translation! I had to laugh at this:

Translation by Laura and me

During the auditions you got on stage too, how does it feels to be a contestant?

Production people here are very dangerous: when they notice that we are too tired, they pour Prosecco in our glasses instead of water at times. (he laughs). 15 minutes after, I’m on stage, almost drunk, singing in a gladiators arena while my coworkers are staring at me. I also got the wrong tonality. Anyway, it’s destabilizing, every judge should do that at least once. Victoria too! It would have been nice to see Simona Ventura doing an XF audition.

Lovely reading! Thanks ladies :)

:blush-anim-cl: Indeed a very interesting interview! Again MIKA gives several wise and explaining answers, about how he works - and why :wub2: Grazie mille for your translation, Elwendin and Laura! :huglove:

Love,love

me

As I promised, here's the translation of the Vogue article.

Enjoy it!

Mika dresses Valentino haute couture in the Xfactor live shows

The judge of the Sky talent show collaborated creating a one of a kind collection.

It will begin on Thursday on Sky one XFactor: the musical talent show followed by many people (and the most twitted Italian show ever).

The day before the start we had a chat with one of the most appreciated judges according to the Italian public: Mika, prodigious 31 years old, English-Lebanese singer who leads the over 25 team, who told us, in perfect Italian, his passion:

"concerning the search of Style. I love well-dressing, I think it's a kind of Art". For this reason he fully collaborated with Valentino: "during Xfactor I'm going to dress only with taylor-made suits made by Valentino Haute Couture. Amazing. Man suits specifically handmade by people working in women atelier. Each suit requires a lot of craft work, first thing to be done is the taylor-made pattern which is then pulled apart. Each suit requires more than 200 pieces that are then combined together."

It's a project made to measure for Mika, it takes inspiration from new dandy with much bright embroidering who says: "looks like a Fortunato Depero painting with a hint of Jean Cocteau and ballets russes. I think that today it's more punk dressing with a suit than wearing rip up jeans.

We don't have to be afraid of putting to much poetry in suits, looking male at the same time: shirt, suit, tie."

The singer tells to have worked very close with Maria Grazia Chiuri e Pierpaolo Piccioli, the maison creative directors. This collaboration was born in Paris one year ago when Mika was working for The Voice France,"great, I can learn a lot from them, they have an incredible culture. To them suits tell different stories and worlds but are still fashion dresses without turning into theatrical costumes.

Stories to tell are also his three talents of his Xfactor team: "this year will be really brave and we'll risk a lot. My singers will be three reconteurs. We'll choose songs that are very close to their life. Emma reminds me of Nina Simone. Diluvio is my personal hazard, rap in Italian. Mario is a raconteurs as well, but he's closer to George Moustaki".