As I promised, here's the translation of the Vogue article.

Enjoy it!

Mika dresses Valentino haute couture in the Xfactor live shows

The judge of the Sky talent show collaborated creating a one of a kind collection.

It will begin on Thursday on Sky one XFactor: the musical talent show followed by many people (and the most twitted Italian show ever).

The day before the start we had a chat with one of the most appreciated judges according to the Italian public: Mika, prodigious 31 years old, English-Lebanese singer who leads the over 25 team, who told us, in perfect Italian, his passion:

"concerning the search of Style. I love well-dressing, I think it's a kind of Art". For this reason he fully collaborated with Valentino: "during Xfactor I'm going to dress only with taylor-made suits made by Valentino Haute Couture. Amazing. Man suits specifically handmade by people working in women atelier. Each suit requires a lot of craft work, first thing to be done is the taylor-made pattern which is then pulled apart. Each suit requires more than 200 pieces that are then combined together."

It's a project made to measure for Mika, it takes inspiration from new dandy with much bright embroidering who says: "looks like a Fortunato Depero painting with a hint of Jean Cocteau and ballets russes. I think that today it's more punk dressing with a suit than wearing rip up jeans.

We don't have to be afraid of putting to much poetry in suits, looking male at the same time: shirt, suit, tie."

The singer tells to have worked very close with Maria Grazia Chiuri e Pierpaolo Piccioli, the maison creative directors. This collaboration was born in Paris one year ago when Mika was working for The Voice France,"great, I can learn a lot from them, they have an incredible culture. To them suits tell different stories and worlds but are still fashion dresses without turning into theatrical costumes.

Stories to tell are also his three talents of his Xfactor team: "this year will be really brave and we'll risk a lot. My singers will be three reconteurs. We'll choose songs that are very close to their life. Emma reminds me of Nina Simone. Diluvio is my personal hazard, rap in Italian. Mario is a raconteurs as well, but he's closer to George Moustaki".

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot for your translation! :huglove: Now I understand why MIKA looks so great in his hand-made suits - so much work behind each - it's amazing !! They really are "a kind of art". I love this last one, with butterflies spread around - and I think he's also easy to dress, with success ! :wub2:

I wonder what his mom and sisters think about his suits...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

As I promised, here's the translation of the Vogue article.

Enjoy it!

Mika dresses Valentino haute couture in the Xfactor live shows

The judge of the Sky talent show collaborated creating a one of a kind collection.

It will begin on Thursday on Sky one XFactor: the musical talent show followed by many people (and the most twitted Italian show ever).

The day before the start we had a chat with one of the most appreciated judges according to the Italian public: Mika, prodigious 31 years old, English-Lebanese singer who leads the over 25 team, who told us, in perfect Italian, his passion:

"concerning the search of Style. I love well-dressing, I think it's a kind of Art". For this reason he fully collaborated with Valentino: "during Xfactor I'm going to dress only with taylor-made suits made by Valentino Haute Couture. Amazing. Man suits specifically handmade by people working in women atelier. Each suit requires a lot of craft work, first thing to be done is the taylor-made pattern which is then pulled apart. Each suit requires more than 200 pieces that are then combined together."

It's a project made to measure for Mika, it takes inspiration from new dandy with much bright embroidering who says: "looks like a Fortunato Depero painting with a hint of Jean Cocteau and ballets russes. I think that today it's more punk dressing with a suit than wearing rip up jeans.

We don't have to be afraid of putting to much poetry in suits, looking male at the same time: shirt, suit, tie."

The singer tells to have worked very close with Maria Grazia Chiuri e Pierpaolo Piccioli, the maison creative directors. This collaboration was born in Paris one year ago when Mika was working for The Voice France,"great, I can learn a lot from them, they have an incredible culture. To them suits tell different stories and worlds but are still fashion dresses without turning into theatrical costumes.

Stories to tell are also his three talents of his Xfactor team: "this year will be really brave and we'll risk a lot. My singers will be three reconteurs. We'll choose songs that are very close to their life. Emma reminds me of Nina Simone. Diluvio is my personal hazard, rap in Italian. Mario is a raconteurs as well, but he's closer to George Moustaki".

Thanks!

Interesting :) looking forward to see all the new suits...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Video Interview at Radio Deejay, thanks Lucrezia and Eriko! :flowers2:

Quoted from another thread

Mika at Radio Deejay at 11.30 Italian time, in 10 minutes!

you can watch it online here:

http://www.deejay.it/tv/

The interview is available here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxtyZuo401xaaXlhTXAtRjhtTE0/view?usp=sharing

You can download it or watch it online (for streaming you've to wait 20mins because Google is uploading it)

:flowers2: Thanks a lot for sharing !!!

I couldn't the video by online, don't know why... :dunno:

It's my video file of the streaming by another camera.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/wy5yz48jet63rm0/2014.11.27_D_J_It_LIVE.mp4

0128.jpg

Genuinely think that this must be one of the most beautiful of all his outfits! So fresh :wub2: Patiently waiting for the translation, thanks in advance :flowers2:

(Edit: okay, posted this twice and still didn't manage to quote the photo with the whole suit but doesn't matter, lol)

Genuinely think that this must be one of the most beautiful of all his outfits! So fresh :wub2: Patiently waiting for the translation, thanks in advance :flowers2:

(Edit: okay, posted this twice and still didn't manage to quote the photo with the whole suit but doesn't matter, lol)

Suit is mom's creation:wub2: