2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Antwerp - 5 May

dcdeb

Sounds like it has been a really outstanding concert! :wub2:

I've searched the YT to see if there is any video and among some snippets I found this

It's just surreal! :shocked:

Getting goosebumps all over again!

As a Big Girl (yay!) I was backstage during Happy Ending and then we saw the crowd and it was sooooo overwhelming!

Will try to report later! But for know I have to make sure I'm ready for work tomorrow and rested enough to get to Amsterdam quickly!

I can say this though: IT WAS AMAAAAZING!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, here we go, the videos ...

I haven't seen them myself so I have NO idea how they turned out, but I guess I'll hear that from you guys :aah:

Video is still being processed so the quality sucks very hard atm, but it will get better and so you get an idea :wink2:

Edit; and yes, I had some people that can scream VERY hard in my neighbourhood :aah: I don't get the point of just screaming for the sake of screaming, I prefer singing along, or "scream" in a reation to Mika and stuff like that, but maybe that's just me :aah:

Edited by Guest

So, here we go, the videos ...

I haven't seen them myself so I have NO idea how they turned out, but I guess I'll hear that from you guys :aah:

Video is still being processed so the quality sucks very hard atm, but it will get better and so you get an idea :wink2:

:swoon:

i wanna be his personal body pinter.....

I just spotted myself as a Big Girl! Yay, thanks Droopsy! Is it okay if I steal that pic?

Of course! I'll send all of my pics to you in big size as well :thumb_yello: Don't worry :wink2: But it will be for after the gigs :teehee:

edit: I have more of you as big girl so! :)

It was.... waw :D I think it says enough if I say that I had a sportsday today with school and I was wearing my Mika T-shirt, a big smile and a really tired face xD.

We almost missed our train in Leuven, but finally we got without any troubles to Antwerp. I took a while before we found the metro, but yeah, we got there :D Metro was full but we got 2 places to sit, great :D .

Ate our fries, entered the SP, bought a T-shirt, went to the toilet and went to our seatplaces (block 114, row 10). We were pretty close to the stage and could see everything, holé :D . The guy who was playing then wasn't bad but after a while kinda boring. So we went away, to the toilet again, there we ran up a classmate of ours and we started talking but then we heard screaming and clapping... The Intro started :D no toilet then, but run run run to our places and enjoying the show.

It was reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyyy great! Enjoyed every second of it!

I was just kinda dissapointed that he didn't sing Kick Ass himself live+ ( but while his band was dancing, he was behind the scenes with a towel around his head, looking and smiling at the audience :D ) .

Couldn't stay to meet him, mum came to get me and yeah :)

Photo's (which weren't very good, I took my compact camera with me) will follow later :)

hi everyone,

it was great! What a show! And I was the bride =) It was great to see how the preparation before a show is. Mika's mom helped me with the clothes, although the dress was too big :D

I can't add many things more to the other reviews. I'm sorry that you couldn't give the book to Jimmy.. I didn't see him too backstage..

Oh talking about Jimmy! It was the first time I saw Jimmy performing. And although I loved Dan, Jimmy is fantastic! I'm a fan too from now on ^^

The show was so big, and very beautiful! I think Mika's mom was (as always) very proud! Backstage she was just staring to the screen with a smile on her face, so cute!

At first she didn't believe me that I have never been lollipopgirl, she told me that I looked familiar to her. Then I told her that maybe we are family^^

It's a pity that we couldn't meet Mika afterwards. This was the only show of this tour that I could see, so I wanted to be llpgirl so I could be sure that I could meet him. I made a collage of some artworks I drew. I worked a lot on it, so I was really sad that I couldn't give it. (That's why I was so quiet afterwards, couldn't help it. After all, I still missed a part of the show) But on the other hand, I really understand Mika. It normal: he has toured for so long now, it was the last of 3 days nonstop and he had to meet a whole bus who won a meet&greet. And het was very tired. I wouldn't feel like meeting people too.. But still, when I had to go (with the present still under my arm), he was in the hall, just 10meters behind me. And I am too shy to wave at him or call him.

I have to stop talking about this, because I don't regret anything! I really don't! It was a wonderful experience, I could be on stage, I could be in the public, I met the lovely MFCers again, I had fun, and I can't wait 'till next time!

byebye =)

ps: over my shoulder was the best version he ever gave! Mika with an opera voice is really special and beautiful, mixed with his "pop"voice!

Oh and I liked the operathingie too! At school I have to sing opera all the time and I know that that's a really difficult song to sing! I liked it that she sang on when Mika's song began. (Don't shoot me, but I can't remember what song it was!)

OhOh and it was sooooo funny when he said "je suis mort! ik ben dooood!"

(jippie, hihi !)

Okay, here is my report:

(Haven't had the time to read the other reports yet, so I'm sorry if I'm only repeating what the others have said :wink2:)

So, thanks to the horrible traffic, I only got there at 6. Luckily, we (= my sister and I) were still able to get close to the stage. Not first row, but 3rd or 4th, so we had an amazing view. There was no support act, so we had to wait quite a bit. There was this old, very tall woman who was pushing me the whole time, so I couldn't really move.

The beginning of the show was amazing, I loved the whole old-school theme.

Totally loved Ida and IMMa's dresses!

The show kicked off with Relax :wub2:

Mika spoke a lot of Dutch and hardly any English, I think he said pretty much everything he'd said in French in Dutch as well. His Dutch was really very good, he has a pretty good accent too. :thumb_yello:

I was so happy that I understood his French perfectly as well. :aah:

I loved GGG, the opera thing that Ida did was amaaazing!

Also OMS was really good, esp the high-low thing he did with his voice was just impressive (btw did he really wrote that when he was 5??)

His 'trumpetsolo' was so funny and so good at the same time! :roftl:

Er... What else? Lots actually but I can't seem the remember everything properly. :aah:

His band was amazing too. I loved all the outfits!

The best parts were when he was saying things that weren't rehearsed (or didn't sound rehearsed anyway), like the part were he was saying that his band had no f*cking idea what was going on (to use his words) when he was speaking in French/Dutch. I love a bit of spontaneity. :wink2:

After the last song (lollipop if I'm not mistaken), he left the stage and Kick Ass started to play and his band just started dancing and making fun. One of them, I think it was David, threw Cherisse's drumsticks into the audience. I caught one, but the old woman that had been pushing me in the beginning, used her nails to 'steal' it. I was pretty pissed, but I didn't want to make a scene, so I just sighed and walked away.

I couldn't stay after the gig (I was there with my family and my mom is ill but really wanted to go, so she was pretty tired afterwards...), so I missed the meet and greet this time. (He did sign, didn't he? I really need to read the other reports :teehee:)

Too bad, but I'll make up for it an other time.

Okay, this is not a very coherent report, but my memory isn't either so yeah... :aah:

But I had an amazing time, and hopefully reading the other reports will bring back my memory :naughty:

I've got lots of pics, but most of them are quite blurry, so I'm only going to post the decent ones :wink2:

Yesterday, my first Mika gig, and I FREAKING LOVED IT BEYOND WORDS :biggrin2: After a long ride (because of some kind of roadblock we couldn't find the way as Google Maps told us) we finally arrived. It was about half past 3 or something? So after getting some food in the snackbar opposite from the building, we returned and waited all the time until the doors opened (about 6:30). I even saw some of you MFCers (I think. Did any of you see two guys and a girl, one of the guys wearing a grey vest and a white shirt with colorful letters on it? (=me)), who were allowed to go backstage or something...

Well, then finally the doors opened. Of course a lot of people who came later than us just ran into the building and of all people, we had to be screened :sneaky2: So we lost some time, still we were still pretty much at the front, I think there were 4 or 5 "lines" of people before us, so I guess I shouldn't complain anyway :teehee:

After another one and half an hour of waiting (pressure was rising :aah:), the support act began. I thought it was kinda nice music, just not my style, but just for this half hour it wasn't that bad at all. But in the beginning we didn't know where the heck the DJs were standing, after a quarter of an hour we found out they were somewhere behind us :roftl: I also feel kind of sorry for the support act because every time the music stopped for just a sec, everyone began to cheer, but they'd go on, and a big deal of the audience was like :sneaky2:...

And then, after the technicians spending some time testing the instruments, the show finally began. After a brilliant intro, every note he sang, every song he did, made me go even more nuts (in the good way :teehee:) and gave me more goosebumps and/or adrenalin kicks! It was amazing that there were absolutely no moments that let me down. The slower songs were so stunning and beautiful (Mika even introduced a vibrato in Over My Shoulder that I'd never heard before), and the happier songs were just downright amazing, mostly because of Mika (DOH! :roftl:), but also because of the audience, because a lot of people were just waving their hands, screaming along and clapping etc, with as absolute extreme the last part of Love Today (counting down). Jumping along with the whole audience just felt amazing!

After the show I didn't know where to find the meet & greet thingy, and my dad was waiting for us already, so I didn't see him. But I DID buy a WAG shirt and there's always next time. There is definitely going to be one, the very next time Mika is coming back to the Netherlands or Belgium! EVEN if I have to sacrifice all my pocket money, for God's sake! (And that's kind of a big thing for me :roftl:) :biggrin2:

That was short :boxed: Liked what he was wearing during interview!!

Yeah, that Bono-thing just didn't want to stop :aah:

Interview was nice :wub2: Or at least those 2 sentences they showed :aah: Poor guy, having to do an interview for only having broadcasted 10 seconds of it ...

After another one and half an hour of waiting (pressure was rising :aah:), the support act began. I thought it was kinda nice music, just not my style, but just for this half hour it wasn't that bad at all. But in the beginning we didn't know where the heck the DJs were standing, after a quarter of an hour we found out they were somewhere behind us :roftl: I also feel kind of sorry for the support act because every time the music stopped for just a sec, everyone began to cheer, but they'd go on, and a big deal of the audience was like :sneaky2:...

There was a support act?? :shocked:

I didn't see him! I thought it was just a cd-player :teehee:

There was a support act?? :shocked:

I didn't see him! I thought it was just a cd-player :teehee:

So did we :roftl: But there were 2 red spots pointed at the middle of the stadium, and you could see 2 persons there, so I guess that was the support act :naughty: I think so, 'cause they were gone when the show began :wink2: