just finished uploading my videos:

Big Girl:

SITM trumpet solo:

OMS:

death march:

shooting scene:

talk (including band intro and thanking his followers) & Happy Ending:

talk & La Solitude:

bowing to the crowd at the end of Lollipop (i LOVE how happy he looks there, aww! :wub2:):

part of kick ass:

bits+pieces (astronaut intro, talk before sitm, dr john mika sliding down the platform on his knees, crowd chanting oh-ohoh-ohoh before biotg, mika with a rose during biotg, end of WAG with M throwing the snow on us):

more shirtless later??? :boing:

nope sorry, that's the only shirtless one. better one good one than many bad ones, huh? :bleh: shirtless time is limited, unfortunately... :fisch:

Btw, I had such a hard time to get back to reality today (had to work), and just when I was getting used to it someone started talking during the break about Kinder chocolade and Kinder Surprise ... :lmfao: Seriously, that wasn't good :aah:

But Antwerp was so great :aah:

I want to do them all at the same time, but it doesn't work like that :roftl:

I think I'm gonna finish Antwerp first, because I already have like half the gig online, and then I'll do Luxembourg :wink2:

*Goes to search for the GK vid :teehee:*

*Goes to search for the GK vid :teehee:*

You have to go and search for the GK vid? :shocked: It's already online since yesterday! :aah::roftl:

You have to go and search for the GK vid? :shocked: It's already online since yesterday! :aah::roftl:

(I normally only start watching videos after a week.... :naughty: You know, I try to keep the post-gig-depression away for as long as possible :aah:)

(I normally only start watching videos after a week.... :naughty: You know, I try to keep the post-gig-depression away for as long as possible :aah:)

I don't try to keep that away, it doesn't work to try it anyway :aah::roftl: And certainly not when peopla at work start to talk about Kinder Surprises :lmfao:

just finished uploading my videos:

Big Girl:

SITM trumpet solo:

OMS:

death march:

shooting scene:

talk (including band intro and thanking his followers) & Happy Ending:

talk & La Solitude:

bowing to the crowd at the end of Lollipop (i LOVE how happy he looks there, aww! :wub2:):

part of kick ass:

bits+pieces (astronaut intro, talk before sitm, dr john mika sliding down the platform on his knees, crowd chanting oh-ohoh-ohoh before biotg, mika with a rose during biotg, end of WAG with M throwing the snow on us):

nope sorry, that's the only shirtless one. better one good one than many bad ones, huh? :bleh: shirtless time is limited, unfortunately... :fisch:

Yep better than nothing and that one is priceless :swoon:

thx :bow::flowers2:

Mariposa, I love the pic of the 2 of us together :mf_lustslow:

love it, too! kudos to the photographer :thumb_yello: (forgot who took it)

kewl! t4p!

Love all the vids/pix so far, thank you very much! :groupwave:

@Bienie: Really looking forwards to seeing your Luxembourg vids! But take your time, we are patient :wink2:

Thanks!

I'm always afraid that by the time I'm done uploading, nobody cares anymore about the videos because there are already videos etc. :aah::teehee:

The newspaper reviews r out and sooo good;)))) will post n translate them tomorrow! (except for the young, majority female audience... There were many men too and not many teenies... Or did I dream?)

if you need help with the translating, just tell me. I guess there were more women than men, but there were some! I'm under the impression as well that the people weren't that young...

I can finally present my pics

The pics are not as gasmic as my Stuttgart ones as he was... quite dressed here:) but enjoy anyway:)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=155876&id=533582853&l=101e9e1dea

Videos will follow

VIDEO as well: landing on planet Mika:

I found new pics on rtl.lu (think the old ones have been posted: http://kultur.rtl.lu/kulturpur/fotoen/4178/overview/ )

here the other ones:

http://kultur.rtl.lu/kulturpur/fotoen/4176/overview/

MIKA or "the man on the moon" was a guest in Esch on May 8. With a nearly perfect luxemburgish greeting, Michael Holbrook Penniman, the artist's real name, could enthuse a sold out Rockhal (public). With songs as Relax, Grace Kelly or big girl, he particularly charmed his young, female (not really..) fans.

if you need help with the translating, just tell me. I guess there were more women than men, but there were some! I'm under the impression as well that the people weren't that young...

here is the point 24 article which you could translate if u want... I will do the whole tageblatt page (hell yeah!!!:))) ) tomorrow ... and the l'essentiel one too

http://www.point24.lu/point24/web/loisirsetculture/article/20100510/89931/mika-ou-une-cavalcade-glampop.php

Edited by Mikaleyshialicious

http://www.eldoradio.lu/onair/aktiounen/concerts/8411.html the interviews are online:)

Part ONE translation:

Interviewer: Many artists tell me they have never done any music courses, have never learnt musical theory. With you, it seems to be the contrary...

Mika: Oh no I have tried! I have tried but I haven't done well. I have tried since I was 7. I have tried the piano, I could not read the notes because I am dyslexic I have tried with theoretical courses. Now I have a confort in buying music sheets of a music I listen to, especially classical music. I cannot read it but it's a comfort to have them.

Interviewer: Do you think it's important to have a foundation, at least being able to read notes or

Mika: No

Interviewer: or you you

Mika: no. Obviously I would say no because I cannot read the notes so I will say no. I think you don't need the theory for liking music but obviously it helps, I will not lie, it helps for people who are able to understand the theory, who are able to understand the notes, they really have ears open to potentially every kind of music and I personally think it is really important but, well that's why I went to a musical college, only so I can hear everything. And it was just because of that. I wanted to sing that's for sure, I wanted to do something at 10 in the morning so I did not have to stay in bed until 1 in the afternoon but the reason was I wanted to hear the music, that's why I went to a college. It was just to open my ears and that is why today, I always do the same thing: I go to a library in London, they are all near my house and I sit myself and I listen, I listen to everything from all around the world, I listen listen listen for not being lazy and for realizing that really, there is... everything comes from somewhere, that's what I try to say: everything comes from somewhere musically and that's why you always have to discover.

Edited by Mikaleyshialicious

Thanks!

I'm always afraid that by the time I'm done uploading, nobody cares anymore about the videos because there are already videos etc. :aah::teehee:

No way! Good things come to those who wait...:biggrin2:

The newspaper reviews r out and sooo good;))))

thank you for the links!

I actually understand almost everything the woman says in the concert check, she speaks Luxembourgish really clearly I think...I usually don't understand everything when people talk Luxembourgish. So, yeah, this made my day. :wink2:

http://www.eldoradio.lu/onair/aktiounen/concerts/8411.html the interviews are online:)

Part ONE translation:

Interviewer: Many artists tell me they have never done any music courses, have never learnt musical theory. With you, it seems to be the contrary...

Mika: Oh no I have tried! I have tried but I haven't done well. I have tried since I was 7. I have tried the piano, I could not read the notes because I am dyslexic I have tried with theoretical courses. Now I have a confort in buying music sheets of a music I listen to, especially classical music. I cannot read it but it's a comfort to have them.

Interviewer: Do you think it's important to have a foundation, at least being able to read notes or

Mika: No

Interviewer: or you you

Mika: no. Obviously I would say no because I cannot read the notes so I will say no. I think you don't need the theory for liking music but obviously it helps, I will not lie, it helps for people who are able to understand the theory, who are able to understand the notes, they really have ears open to potentially every kind of music and I personally think it is really important but, well that's why I went to a musical college, only so I can hear everything. And it was just because of that. I wanted to sing that's for sure, I wanted to do something at 10 in the morning so I did not have to stay in bed until 1 in the afternoon but the reason was I wanted to hear the music, that's why I went to a college. It was just to open my ears and that is why today, I always do the same thing: I go to a library in London, they are all near my house and I sit myself and I listen, I listen to everything from all around the world, I listen listen listen for not being lazy and for realizing that really, there is... everything comes from somewhere, that's what I try to say: everything comes from somewhere musically and that's why you always have to discover.

someone had already translated that interview in the news section actually :wink2:

ha okay cool so I don't need to translate the rest:) thanks for the info... did not loo at the news today:)

no problem :wink2:

I'll translate the point 24 one once I'm done preparing my lesson for tomorrow :aah:

and here's finally the translation of this article: http://www.point24.lu/point24/web/loisirsetculture/article/20100510/89931/mika-ou-une-cavalcade-glampop.php

Saturday night, the Atelier had Mika as a guest at the Rockhal! Mika has landed from his pop world as a musical alien with a suitcase full of dreams and magic!

Mika is a true showman who presented his new album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" with, under sparkling melodies, lyrics that are darker and more introspective. Mika made a very original entrance on stage, he came down from above like an astronaut arriving on "Planet Mika"!

The young pop dandy unleashed crowds between tale and reality, in a setting that was incredible, just as is his voice!

That voice revealed all of his colourful hits, while Mika was very comfortable and very close to his audience, speaking perfect French, even making the effort to repeatedly speak in Luxembourgish! Such a concert gives you a smile and punch for a long time and it allows you to recharge the batteries in a childlike euphoria!

Edited by cath85

So I finally uploaded my pictures. It took ages again :sneaky2: Anyway, most of them aren't that good, but I like some. I didn't edit any BG/LG-pics in case some want to see them :biggrin2:

If they are mixed up a bit I'm sorry for that but right now I don't know how to fix that and it's far too late to work on that.

If you want some pics bigger and / or without my name on them, just pm me :wink2:

Oh, I almost forgot to post the link :naughty:http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Rockhal%20Luxembourg%208th%20May%202010/