REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika in Luxembourg @ Rockhal - 8 May, 2010

Christine

@Mariposa, Cath and Johnny : I'm so happy you had a great time together!! :roftl: Nice pics!! :thumb_yello: ( Ok je dois avouer que de voir Jonathan dans ce magniiiiiiifique pancho m'a bien fait marrer!! :naughty:)

Thank you, hun.

lol, yeah :teehee:

So I finally uploaded my pictures. It took ages again :sneaky2: Anyway, most of them aren't that good, but I like some. I didn't edit any BG/LG-pics in case some want to see them :biggrin2:

If they are mixed up a bit I'm sorry for that but right now I don't know how to fix that and it's far too late to work on that.

If you want some pics bigger and / or without my name on them, just pm me :wink2:

Oh, I almost forgot to post the link :naughty:http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Rockhal%20Luxembourg%208th%20May%202010/

Great pix, Saskia. I found myself on 2 of them :wink2:

Saskia, your pics are just :mf_lustslow: Thank you!!!!!!!

Two more vids,

Here is Lollipop:

And the Death March:

Awww! These are great vids, Nina! Love them! :thumb_yello:

@Sylvana: How cool Jimmy was wearing your bracelet! :biggrin2:

http://www.eldoradio.lu/onair/aktiounen/concerts/8411.html the interviews are online:)

Part ONE translation:

Interviewer: Many artists tell me they have never done any music courses, have never learnt musical theory. With you, it seems to be the contrary...

Mika: Oh no I have tried! I have tried but I haven't done well. I have tried since I was 7. I have tried the piano, I could not read the notes because I am dyslexic I have tried with theoretical courses. Now I have a confort in buying music sheets of a music I listen to, especially classical music. I cannot read it but it's a comfort to have them.

Interviewer: Do you think it's important to have a foundation, at least being able to read notes or

Mika: No

Interviewer: or you you

Mika: no. Obviously I would say no because I cannot read the notes so I will say no. I think you don't need the theory for liking music but obviously it helps, I will not lie, it helps for people who are able to understand the theory, who are able to understand the notes, they really have ears open to potentially every kind of music and I personally think it is really important but, well that's why I went to a musical college, only so I can hear everything. And it was just because of that. I wanted to sing that's for sure, I wanted to do something at 10 in the morning so I did not have to stay in bed until 1 in the afternoon but the reason was I wanted to hear the music, that's why I went to a college. It was just to open my ears and that is why today, I always do the same thing: I go to a library in London, they are all near my house and I sit myself and I listen, I listen to everything from all around the world, I listen listen listen for not being lazy and for realizing that really, there is... everything comes from somewhere, that's what I try to say: everything comes from somewhere musically and that's why you always have to discover.

Oh I love his answer so much. He sad it so poetically:wub2:

Thanks for translating:thumb_yello:

So I finally uploaded my pictures. It took ages again :sneaky2: Anyway, most of them aren't that good, but I like some. I didn't edit any BG/LG-pics in case some want to see them :biggrin2:

If they are mixed up a bit I'm sorry for that but right now I don't know how to fix that and it's far too late to work on that.

If you want some pics bigger and / or without my name on them, just pm me :wink2:

Oh, I almost forgot to post the link :naughty:http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Rockhal%20Luxembourg%208th%20May%202010/

Saskia, your pics are just :mf_lustslow: Thank you!!!!!!!

Two more vids,

Here is Lollipop:

And the Death March:

Lovely as always! Saskia, I've stolen some pics for Odd thread.:naughty:

I'm done with the Antwerp-videos so Luxembourg's next! :biggrin2:

But I'm gonna start that tomorrow after work, would love to have an hour with a laptop that goes on the normal speed before I go to bed :aah::roftl:

think you're on more of them, just look in the photobucket album. :wink2:

just did that. :wink2: thanx.

I'm on none of them, dammit :naughty:

where were you dancing again? you're sure you're on none of these pix?

I'm done with the Antwerp-videos so Luxembourg's next! :biggrin2:

But I'm gonna start that tomorrow after work, would love to have an hour with a laptop that goes on the normal speed before I go to bed :aah::roftl:

yay! looking forwards to them! :puppy_eyes:

Hard to believe you guys have finished all your gigs for a while....thanks for the VOLUMES you have all posted, pics, vids, reports...it's such lovely candy for us who are not there with you. :wub2:

Really appreciated.

Hope we can return the favour one month from now.

It seems so strange that the European tour is over...

But there's heaps of festivals and Asia to keep us occupied till he decides to tour the rest of the world...

4592406867_76ae2d411b_o.jpg

more:

:teehee: Was Cherisse growling at you?

maybe i could translate... dont know if it has been done or not, but here it is just in case:teehee:

We did the US, Asia, Germany, England, all around Europe, all around France. We even did shows in Australia, and tonight, we finish with Luxembourg

Thanks for translating! :huglove:

Awwwww, don't us Aussies feel special... we got a mention! (I'm not being sarcastic) :wub2:

Though Mika must be confused... I thought the Asian shows coming up were supposed to be part of this tour as well...

Though Mika must be confused... I thought the Asian shows coming up were supposed to be part of this tour as well...

they aren't on the imaginarium tour t-shirt... :dunno:

btw, could someone please translate, or at least write a transcript, of what mika is saying before la solitude?

the bits i understand are

this is my puppet, then he wonders whether it's marionette or pup in luxemburgish, says that he doesn't understand what the crowd is shouting, and says that the puppet can only do this (wave)

what does he talk with the puppet then? don't get that.

then i think he says that the puppet was supposed to look like him, but it's not exactly a compliment? then that he's gonna sing one of his fave songs, it's in french, but it's very beautiful. and the next part i don't get again.

thanx. :biggrin2:

First videos are uploaded ...

(not the beginning of the gig since I filmed that with a different camera, so I'm starting with the easy videos :aah: And sorry for the shaking :teehee::aah:).

they aren't on the imaginarium tour t-shirt... :dunno:

btw, could someone please translate, or at least write a transcript, of what mika is saying before la solitude?

the bits i understand are

this is my puppet, then he wonders whether it's marionette or pup in luxemburgish, says that he doesn't understand what the crowd is shouting, and says that the puppet can only do this (wave)

what does he talk with the puppet then? don't get that.

then i think he says that the puppet was supposed to look like him, but it's not exactly a compliment? then that he's gonna sing one of his fave songs, it's in french, but it's very beautiful. and the next part i don't get again.

thanx. :biggrin2:

Here you go Mellody :)

French: F

Luxembourgish: L

F:I present you my puppet.

L:This is my puppet

F: Don't we say doll here? no

My puppet

One say doll?

Oh I don't understand anything

strange noise

F: He cannot do anything. He can just do this.

L: He can just do this

F: You see my little friend. You are ugly but they love you

You can always have hope in this world

Oh really he is really ugly

He was supposed to look like me and that wasn't exactly a compliment what they did to me

Ladies and gentlemen, if you allow it, I want to sing something ... one of my favourite songs. Now the song is in French but it is really beautiful: I don't understand: are you mad or are you happy? Now I don't understand either. You could be really mad or quite happy. Well... Then I wanted to explain in luxembourgish that I wanted to sing one of my favourite songs but it is in french... ehm I forgot how to say it. This is one of my songs favourite (mixed fav. song) it is called La solitude it's from Barbara and we are going to sing it. The melody is quite beautiful, so even if you don't understand the lyrics, the melody is quite beautiful

TALKS IN ENGLISH

Here you go Mellody :)

French: F

Luxembourgish: L

F:I present you my puppet.

L:This is my puppet

F: Don't we say doll here? no

My puppet

One say doll?

Oh I don't understand anything

strange noise

F: He cannot do anything. He can just do this.

L: He can just do this

F: You see my little friend. You are ugly but they love you

You can always have hope in this world

Oh really he is really ugly

He was supposed to look like me and that wasn't exactly a compliment what they did to me

Ladies and gentlemen, if you allow it, I want to sing something ... one of my favourite songs. Now the song is in French but it is really beautiful: I don't understand: are you mad or are you happy? Now I don't understand either. You could be really mad or quite happy. Well... Then I wanted to explain in luxembourgish that I wanted to sing one of my favourite songs but it is in french... ehm I forgot how to say it. This is one of my songs favourite (mixed fav. song) it is called La solitude it's from Barbara and we are going to sing it. The melody is quite beautiful, so even if you don't understand the lyrics, the melody is quite beautiful

TALKS IN ENGLISH

thankyou!! :flowers2: :flowers2: he thought we'd be mad?! :blink: c'mon mika! :lmfao:

the funny thing is, before he says that, he's pointing somewhere in our direction - tiibet or me, or maybe just the videoscreen camera, can't make out on the videos where exactly he's looking. :naughty: i guess tiibet, as she said she was happily jumping up+down when she noticed he'd sing la solitude. anyway, i thought i looked happy too, so why the f* does he say after looking/pointing at tiibet/or both of us, that he doesn't know whether we're mad or happy! :aah: i don't get him. again. :naughty:

some random pix from the rockhal, and in the sub-album all the LG/BG pix from the show, uncut (but made smaller, so if you are on it and want a bigger version, let me know. :wink2:): http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/mellody76/Mika%20Imaginarium%20Tour%202010%20-%20MFC%20and%20other%20pix/

queuing

IMG_1230.jpg

that industry thing which jimmy liked but i found it really ugly + somewhat scary... :teehee:

IMG_1231.jpg

merch stand (love how they made an M out of the keychains!)

IMG_1443.jpg

car sculpture in the foyer of the rockhal - doesn't look as good on the pic as in reality, but it was quite impressive!

IMG_1442.jpg

So I finally uploaded my pictures. It took ages again : Anyway, most of them aren't that good, but I like some. I didn't edit any BG/LG-pics in case some want to see them :biggrin2:

If you want some pics bigger and / or without my name on them, just pm me :

100_9769.jpg

*faints* :swoon:

don't say that was while he was talking with me, or i'll die! :swoon: though, that's not possible, i would've died right there and then. :aah: those eyes... :swoon:

100_9693.jpg

:wub2::wub2:

100_9445.jpg

:lmfao: