REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika in Lisbon @ Campo Pequeno - 11 May, 2010

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PART 3 - The (not so) long day queuing!

First of all: sunny sunny day! (I look like a freaking lobster, but whatever!) :aah:

We thought the waiting would be harder, as we are not used to queue that early, but we chatted, took some pics, saw the Pope, had lunch...and when we noticed, it was 5 pm!

Really, Mika fans are so incredibly amazing...I have no words to describe it! We saw a whole family there with Mika t-shirts, even the dad had a Billy Brown shirt! Like...whoooah! :wub2: And some of the funniest people I've ever met, I met today!

A brazilian guy, Fernando (future MFCer, I'm sure) was thrilled when I told him Mrs. P would come outside to pick BG, LG and boys to go on stage. He just said "OMG I'm going to jog a little, to be elegant enough to be a LG!" :lmfao: He went on stage, carrying the Madonna, btw! :aah:

Some MFCers were on stage (Jujuzita, Cazinha, Marian.............damn, why can't I remember everyone's names? :tears: (sorry peeps!), and they ROCKED! We were screaming like crazy for them, they did great! Congrats, everyone! :biggrin2:

So, while we were waiting, I met the wonderful Anna (merci, Olga! :wub2:), and we told her we had a surprise for Mika (coming, in part 4 I'll explain) and she was as excited as we were, even BEFORE we told her what it was all about! :naughty: Sweet sweet girl, really lovely! (be prepared, I'll use the words "lovely", "wonderful", "sweet" and "amazing" A LOT!) :aah:

She told us something we didn't know yet...... MIKA WILL BE IN PORTUGAL, IN AUGUUUUUST! :boing:

Also met Mrs. P (no words to describe how sweet she is)! :wub2:

(Have I told you we saw the Pope? :teehee:)

oh! he went to the concert also? :aah:

You're kidding, but a lady asked me if we were there to see the Pope in concert! :blink:

Lady - Why have you got those numbers if your hands?

Me - It's just something for the show tonight.

Lady - Show...of the Pope??? :shocked:

Me - No, no! Mika.

Lady - :blink: Mi...who?

:roftl:

PART 4 - The golden hearts

So, now I'll explain our surprise to Mika.

First of all, I didn't write anything here, because we wanted it to be a total surprise to Mika, and we didn't want anyone from team Mika to know about it, it's nothing against you guys! :blush-anim-cl:

S!lvia and I had this amazing idea of having EVERYONE there raising a golden heart, during WAG, to surprise Mika.

So, we contacted the promoters and the sponsors (on behalf of the Portuguese Fan Club, where the idea was "born") and...they just LOVED it, and agreed to make the hearts!!!!!!! (this was in February)

We also asked them to make a banner saying "Thank you for this golden night". It was supposed to be hang in the balcony, but it was too big!

TEN FREAKING METERS OF FABRIC! :roftl::roftl: So, we held it at the front row!

And this was the big surprise we had for him, and damn...you guys should have seen his face, he almost cried!!! :wub2: (when we told Anna she was sooo excited! We made her promise she wouldn't tell Mika! LOL)

People got confused with the Rain intro, when we hear a bit of WAG, and they all raised the hearts...we were like "WTF?????????? NOOOOO!" :aah:

But when we saw the look on Mika's face...

I almost cried. Fact. :teehee:

When I make the report about the M&G, I'll tell all about his comments on the surprise! :biggrin2:

First of all, I didn't write anything here, because we wanted it to be a total surprise to Mika, and we didn't want anyone from team Mika to know about it, it's nothing against you guys! :blush-anim-cl:

So, S!lvia and me had this amazing idea of having EVERYONE there raising a golden heart, during WAG, to surprise Mika.

So, we contacted the promoters and the sponsors (on behalf of the Portuguese Fan Club, where the idea was "born") and...they just LOVED it, and agreed to make the hearts!!!!!!! (this was in February)

We also asked them to make a banner saying "Thank you for this golden night". It was supposed to be hang in the balcony, but it was too big!

And this was the big surprise we had for him, and damn...you guys should have seen his face, he almost cried!!! :wub2: (when we told Anna she was sooo excited! We made her promise she wouldn't tell Mika! LOL)

People got confused with the Rain intro, when we hear a bit of WAG, and they all raised the hearts...we were like "WTF?????????? NOOOOO!" :aah:

When I make the report about the M&G, I'll tell all about his comments on the surprise! :biggrin2:

I almost cry when I read this!!!!! :mf_lustslow: Thank you so much for your amazing reports, everything sounds just so amazing, he must have SOOOO happy :wub2: Can't wait to see all vids :wub2:

S!lvia and I had this amazing idea of having EVERYONE there raising a golden heart, during WAG, to surprise Mika.

OMG! I cry here :blush-anim-cl: FANTASTIC, AMAZING :roftl:

Really, Mika fans are so incredibly amazing...I have no words to describe it! We saw a whole family there with Mika t-shirts, even the dad had a Billy Brown shirt! Like...whoooah! :wub2: And some of the funniest people I've ever met, I met today!

A brazilian guy, Fernando (future MFCer, I'm sure) was thrilled when I told him Mrs. P would come outside to pick BG, LG and boys to go on stage. He just said "OMG I'm going to jog a little, to be elegant enough to be a LG!" :lmfao: He went on stage, carrying the Madonna, btw! :aah:

Some MFCers were on stage (Jujuzita, Cazinha, Marian.............damn, why can't I remember everyone's names? :tears: (sorry peeps!), and they ROCKED! We were screaming like crazy for them, they did great! Congrats, everyone! :biggrin2:

So, while we were waiting, I met the wonderful Anna (merci, Olga! :wub2:), and we told her we had a surprise for Mika (coming, in part 4 I'll explain) and she was as excited as we were, even BEFORE we told her what it was all about! :naughty: Sweet sweet girl, really lovely! (be prepared, I'll use the words "lovely", "wonderful", "sweet" and "amazing" A LOT!) :aah:

She told us something we didn't know yet...... MIKA WILL BE IN PORTUGAL, IN AUGUUUUUST! :boing:

Also met Mrs. P (no words to describe how sweet she is)! :wub2:

(Have I told you we saw the Pope? :teehee:)

Everything sounds great! I am so happy for you! In Barcelona I saw people with umbrella when he was singing Rain!!!

Are you sure he's going to Portugal again in August???? I will go then :D

As you probably know, yesterday we went to the hotel (Me, Wonka and Liliana) to give some choccies and other really yummy (I mean REALLY) stuff to Mika. Well, not to him, as we didn't want to bother him, but we left them there ("Something for Mr. Penniman", Wonka says! FRESH PRODUUUUUCTS!) and then we left.

Today, Mrs. P and Mika thanked A LOT, and they said Mika ate most of it.

Mika also thanked because we didn't ask to call him or anything "Thank you soooo much for leaving the stuff there and leaving me alone after", he said.

What a nice idea - and so cool that you "behaved" so respectfully and didn't wait for him in the lobby or stuff like that :aah: Sooo proud of the MFC :wub2:

I'm fangurling soooooo much right now :fangurl: It's 5 am in the morning and I just can't sleep.

My first time meeting the guy after 4 years drooling over him. Please forgive me if I sound too hysterical, but I'll try to write every single detail...

:huglove: You are at the MFC (Mika Fangurling Club), so go on... It's so lovely and exciting to read your report and your excitement - that's sooo contagious.

You're kidding, but a lady asked me if we were there to see the Pope in concert!

Lady - Why have you got those numbers if your hands?

Me - It's just something for the show tonight.

Lady - Show...of the Pope??? :shocked:

Me - No, no! Mika.

Lady - :blink: Mi...who?

:shocked::lmfao:

I almost cry when I read this!!!!! :mf_lustslow:Thank you so much for your amazing reports, everything sounds just so amazing, he must have SOOOO happy. Can't wait to see all vids

Yay! I'm so happy for U! And the idea with golden hearts? AMAZING! God, such things make me feel proud I'm Mika's fan and MFCer as well :thumb_yello::roftl:

Totally second what tiibet and caramella93 wrote. I feel exactly the same, nothing left to add. You guys totally rock!!! Wish i would've been there, sounds so amazing, emotional and .... and..... awwwww, I'm lost for words! I love you :wub2:

mary! what a wonderful idea!

girls, you rock in portugal!

Well...I'll have to agree with you on that! :mf_rosetinted: hahah

Everything sounds great! I am so happy for you! In Barcelona I saw people with umbrella when he was singing Rain!!!

Are you sure he's going to Portugal again in August???? I will go then :D

He is! The staff told us, Mika told us, Mrs.P told us... He is coming back in August! Yeeeeeaaaahhh!

Yay! I'm so happy for U! And the idea with golden hearts? AMAZING! God, such things make me feel proud I'm Mika's fan and MFCer as well :thumb_yello:

I can't tell you how proud I am of all that too! As I told him yesterday "You spoil us, so we spoil you too!" :aah:

WOW, reading about the golden hearts and Mikas reaction makes me speechless. Such a wonderful wonderful idea! :wub2:

Thanks for the report, Mary!

I didn't get to film his reaction, but I'm sure someone did. I need to see it again, I still can't believe it worked! :wub2:

What a nice idea - and so cool that you "behaved" so respectfully and didn't wait for him in the lobby or stuff like that :aah: Sooo proud of the MFC :wub2:

You are at the MFC (Mika Fangurling Club), so go on... It's so lovely and exciting to read your report and your excitement - that's sooo contagious.

Totally second what tiibet and caramella93 wrote. I feel exactly the same, nothing left to add. You guys totally rock!!! Wish i would've been there, sounds so amazing, emotional and .... and..... awwwww, I'm lost for words! I love you :wub2:

We would never ever bother him, we know he doesn't like it, and he needed to get some rest, visit the city, etc. It was his day off, ffs! LOOOL

We took like 5 minutes inside the hotel, and didn't even ask if he was there, just left the stuff there and asked someone to give it to him.

And he L-O-V-E-D it! :teehee:

I will be fangurling until August. At least. :roftl:

Awww thanks! :huglove:

Rest of the report coming soon!

We would never ever bother him, we know he doesn't like it, and he needed to get some rest, visit the city, etc. It was his day off, ffs! LOOOL

Never doubted that as far as you are concerned - i just wanted to point it out because i'm sure not everyone would'e been so sensible and respectful! :wink2:

Rest of the report coming soon!

Can't wait! :boing:

That sounds so great!!! Can't wait to see it on vids :wub2:

God I went from boredom to a huge excitement in a minute :pbjt:

you're right Nightbird, it's soo contagious!

I didn't find anything on YT beside what's already been posted, so waiting to find more tonight... I'm glad it all went well! :naughty: not glad that it's over though... :blink::emot-sad:

Archived