World Reps thread

1 minute ago, dcdeb said:

Well, as I said, your country should be in your profile already, but you're right, a newcome may not make the connection, or notice it.

As for having to edit it when there's a change, what I was going to do was was create a new user group called "World Reps", so that the logo would show up in their profile automatically, without anyone having to upload it. Of course, we would still need to manually add or delete users from the World Reps group. Also, it looks like you can only have one logo in your profile, so that users like you, Silver, who are both a moderator and a rep, would only be able to have one logo or the other. I just thought you wanted to get the logo out of your signatures, but if you're OK with have it there, it's OK with me. :)

At the moment the World Rep logo can only be updated by one person (Guylaine), and it is also quite big.  We were just trying to get away from that.

• dcdeb unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

I think I am going to accept Deb's offer of having a user group called "World Reps" so that you would all have a logo in your profile automatically.  You can add a line in your signature to say "World Rep for (name of country)" in your signature, if you like.

What do you think?

We'll also have to do one of our periodic checks of reps, as some people have been inactive for quite a long time.  Deb will need an up-to-date list of reps to set up the group.

• Like 8

On 8.12.2017 at 7:00 PM, silver said:

I think I am going to accept Deb's offer of having a user group called "World Reps" so that you would all have a logo in your profile automatically.  You can add a line in your signature to say "World Rep for (name of country)" in your signature, if you like.

What do you think?

We'll also have to do one of our periodic checks of reps, as some people have been inactive for quite a long time.  Deb will need an up-to-date list of reps to set up the group.

I agree with you Silver and yes I´m still around :wink2:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8-12-2017 at 7:00 PM, silver said:

What do you think?

That sounds good to me. :thumb_yello:

I'm still around ... just busy in RL.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 10:47 PM, Sabine64 said:

I agree with you Silver and yes I´m still around :wink2:

Sabine, as you and I already have the Mod Team logo in our profiles, in our case the World Rep logo will have to be added to our signatures (we can't have 2 logos in our profiles).

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2017 at 7:00 PM, silver said:

What do you think?

That is a good idea :)  I'm still around too :wink2: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/12/2017 at 3:00 PM, silver said:

What do you think?

I'm still around too :)

• Like 2

OK, you should now all have the World Rep logo in your profile.  if you've still got the old logo in your signature, could you delete it please?

If you want to give a link to your national thread, you can still do that in your signature.  You might want to add a line saying which country you represent, e.g.

World Rep for Ruritania - click here for the Ruritanian thread.

(Colour is #33cccc)

48 minutes ago, silver said:

OK, you should now all have the World Rep logo in your profile.  if you've still got the old logo in your signature, could you delete it please?

If you want to give a link to your national thread, you can still do that in your signature.  You might want to add a line saying which country you represent, e.g.

World Rep for Ruritania - click here for the Ruritanian thread.

(Colour is #33cccc)

i updated mine, is it ok?

You don't want us to link to our posts in the 'new members please read' thread?

8 minutes ago, kreacher said:

i updated mine, is it ok?

You don't want us to link to our posts in the 'new members please read' thread?

:doh:

Yes, that would be a good idea - that was the link I meant, not the national threads :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, Treasa said:

I'm still here also. :wink2: Love the new logo.  Thank you Silver.  Now to figure out how to post the link in my signature. 

Go to the New Members thread  and copy the link for your message.

In your signature, add a line like "World Rep for Ireland - click here"  Highlight "here" and click on the link icon in the edit bar (next to the size button).  Then paste the IRL for your post.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hi :bye:

Checking with the reps around here to see if they could share the justgiving link for Mika's birthday in their national thread and possibly translate how to make a donation so we reach our goal without anyone's good will is stopped by language problems :wink2:

Thanks a lot for your help everyone :group_hug:

• 5 months later...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The World Representatives were set up at a time when there were many more active members, and we needed a lot of help in running the forum.  However, now that Mika's international activities have reduced, and a lot of countries have few active members,  we feel that a different structure is needed.  We have therefore decided to replace the World Reps with a new role of Forum Guide.  The responsibilities will be much the same:

• Greet new members
  • Encourage them to post an introduction
  • Give them the link to their country/language thread, if there is one
  • Direct new member to basic threads, like the Forum Guidelines, Tech Support or other helpful threads
  • Help them with queries about profiles, signatures, posting photos etc

For this new role, we are looking for people who are regularly on the MFC and are able to help new members find their way around the site.  However, there will be a much smaller number of Forum Guides than World Reps.

If you think you might be interested in this new post, please let me know by PM.

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

The new Forum Guides have been chosen, and will be announced shortly.

Current World Reps - you will find that the World Rep logo will go from your profile.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• silver unpinned this topic
On 3/4/2019 at 10:04 PM, silver said:

Just one last job for ex World Reps - if you have the World Rep logo still in your signature, please can you delete it?

(I need to do it too :naughty: )

Yes :teehee: I was wondering about you...I need to check on my laptop as siggies are invisible for me on my phone.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:04 PM, silver said:

Just one last job for ex World Reps - if you have the World Rep logo still in your signature, please can you delete it?

(I need to do it too :naughty: )

Done 😘

• silver locked this topic