2010 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Cornwall @Eden , 27-JUN

robertina

I tried to find as many MFCers as possible to make sure they got wristbands - went round both entrances several times - so apologies to any members who didn't get one. I was just going to give Mika a wristband at the end, but vickylovesmika managed to throw one up on stage and he picked it up wore it for the rest of the gig  :biggrin2:

IMGP1089.thumb.JPG.cee1d2972ced35759aefbc8f564ba696.JPG

Part 2...

Mama P came out in this long, light green coloured dress (green? greeny-blue?) and there was quite a few of us hoping to be picked. Mama P stood there ages wondering who was going to be who and didn't *really* want to turn anyone down. Mama P did look at me a couple of times though and smiled. I kinda wonder if she knew who I was. I had my Fokker hoodie with me so maybe she saw that. Anyway she picked 4 or 5 slim girls to be lollipop girls and I was like "Oh God, that's me out. There's no way I'm going to fit into a Big Girl costume" so I really thought there was no hope, but she looked at me and said "would you like to be Big Girl?" or something, so I replied "yes, thank you very much" and I smiled and she smiled and I walked out of her way so she could view everyone else. Sharonkitty, Disturbed Angel and their friends were picked, as were Jazzy, Ingie and Freddie but you aleady know that.

(off topic, Maria - the backstage crew person - saw my Fokker hoodie and she went "Oh I got mine the other day! They're lovely and comfy." :aah:)

As soon as I was picked for Big Girl I had a sudden minor panic attack inside as I remembered that Big Girls wore the huge masks and Lollipop Girls wore the veils. I was like OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my God. This is going to be horrific.

We walked inside and we practiced the march, Mama P grabbed my arm and placed me behind the last lollipop girl lol. So we started marching backstage pretending to hold flowers (we weren't throwing them at Mika at this gig) and Mama P stood there looking at everyone as we practiced.

So then we grabbed our stuff again and went behind the actual stage. I had my Fokker hoodie wrapped round my waist as it was getting bothersome holding it all the time :aah: I saw Sunshine and I smiled and said hello. He said hello back but I don't know if he knew who I was since we'd never met before lolz. I then saw Owain again and there was Fortune and John, Andy was there and he was talking to Freddie and then I saw Yasmine out and about about wearing her Fokker hoodie. No idea why, seeing as it was so hot :aah: We also saw Mika walking around wearing shorts, a while polo shirt (I think?) and his Kick Ass glasses. He said hi to a few people including me.

So then Mama P rounded us about and we tried on the corsets. I was second to last and I knew I was gonna be in blue, but Mama P tried on these different colours first and I was thinking "you know what, I'm really not quite this big" lol :roftl: I was wearing a baggy top though, so maybe that threw her off :roftl: She kept going "no it's too big, too big..." and she spent quite a while with me. I thought "oh dear, I'm going to be chucked out." but then she found a blue corset and went "perfect!" Phew.

After that we tried on the masks and I thought ohhhhhhh my God. Jazzy tried to reassure me though, saying that it really wasn't that bad or that heavy. So I tried on the orange one and...well. It wasn't as claustrophobic as I thought it was going to be as there was quite a bit of space, but the peek hole - which is the nose - was kinda high up so I couldn't really see a great deal. There were a lot of holes as well (the teeth?) but they were also hard to see out of. What I did was that I tilted my skull back a bit so I ended up having more of a gap and the bottom so I could see my feet more clearly. The skulls were hard to control though and kept wobbling about all over the place whenever you moved. Nevertheless, I survived the test and took it off.

We then told to leave and come back at 8:15, so we went. On my way out I walked past this tall woman and I looked up at her and realised it was Imogen Heap! I was like "whoa", and thought that maybe they'd sing "By The Time." I didn't bother her though so I just walked out and went back to the queue to meet up with the others.

We all went out in single file and I saw iMMa and Cherisse heading our way. They were saying hello to people as they walked passed and then they got to me and recognised me, so iMMa stopped and said "hello! How are you doing?" So I got to chat with iMMa and Cherisse for a bit. One of the other big girls stayed at chatted with them too but I can't remember who it was :blush-anim-cl: Anyway we talked about the Lebanon gig (iMMa said the cushions kinda hurt LOL) and about how I was burning (honestly, wearing factor 30 does nothing for me apparently :roftl:) and I told them that I was gonna be a Big Girl and they were like "Oh wow!" so we said goodbye and I said that I'd see them later.

6:30 came round quickly and everyone was let in the venue. MFC got front row! (As far as I know anyway) so I stayed with the other Fokkers whilst I killed some time. Nature soon called though so I went to the toilet and met up with Ingie, Fred and Jazzy. Ingie recorded me for the Birthday Project and time soon passed, so it was time for me to leave. (the other 3 didn't need to be there that early.)

So I left and then Maria came out wearing her Fokker hoddie! We waited a few minutes and then we got taken in to wear our costumes...

part 3 on the way! (longest report I've ever done I think :roftl:)

I tried to find as many MFCers as possible to make sure they got wristbands - went round both entrances several times - so apologies to any members who didn't get one. I was just going to give Mika a wristband at the end, but vickylovesmika managed to throw one up on stage and he picked it up wore it for the rest of the gig :biggrin2:

IMGP1089.jpg

Great pic! He was his usual interactive self with us:biggrin2:

We all went out in single file and I saw iMMa and Cherisse heading our way. They were saying hello to people as they walked passed and then they got to me and recognised me, so iMMa stopped and said "hello! How are you doing?" So I got to chat with iMMa and Cherisse for a bit. One of the other big girls stayed at chatted with them too but I can't remember who it was :blush-anim-cl: Anyway we talked about the Lebanon gig (iMMa said the cushions kinda hurt LOL) and about how I was burning (honestly, wearing factor 30 does nothing for me apparently :roftl:) and I told them that I was gonna be a Big Girl and they were like "Oh wow!" so we said goodbye and I said that I'd see them later.

that was me :thumb_yello: my friends had gone off to the toilet so i took the opportunity to meet iMMa and Cherisse :teehee:

I tried to find as many MFCers as possible to make sure they got wristbands - went round both entrances several times - so apologies to any members who didn't get one. I was just going to give Mika a wristband at the end, but vickylovesmika managed to throw one up on stage and he picked it up wore it for the rest of the gig :biggrin2:

IMGP1089.jpg

Silver, thank you so much for organising the wristbands. I loved mine and wore it all day today too :thumb_yello:

Mika really did love his, and you should have seen his face when we told him backstage that they had been made especially for him/this gig (Jazzy told him you had organised it). He was absolutely delighted with it :)

They are great pics Sharon!

Don't think i need to post any you've covered it all there!!

It was a great weekend all round...Cornwall was beautiful in the sun:biggrin2:

Or maybe Diana was on! :teehee:

"Once" was enough of her for me but she was OK

Can't wait to hear the Ingie report!

It was so cool to see you FD and Ingies faces!!!

meant to ask, did you ask to do that job .... as BG maybe a bit old hat now?:naughty: or did you get assigned it?

noooo! your pics on fb are great, you should share them with everyone :thumb_yello:

They had too many big girls, which is why Mrs P/Maria asked Jazzy to join Freddie and Ingie

thanx... oh my, ingie was wearing the same outfit like me in paris... i'm wondering how she managed to dance madly with that cow mask on... i couldn't see a thing when i was wearing it, and hardly dared moving, out of fear i'd knock someone over! :aah::aah:

just before they went on stage, Ingie and Freddie swapped masks. So freddie wore the cow mask and i think Ingie was a pig?! not sure tbh. It was easier for her to see out of whichever mask she changed to x

Part 3!

(At some point during the day I saw Diana Vickers backstage. Don't know when it happened though, it's a blur lol.)

So we had to decide what shoes to wear (I ended up wearing Lollipop Girl shoes :aah: I'm a size 4 wide fit I think...these shoes are a size 38? What size is that in English?) and they were a bit big...they were quite flappy at the sides :roftl: We got our costumes and got changed in the changing room. I put on my fishnet tights and my frilly knickers and then one of the doors opened (there was one door leading into one changing room, and in the same changing room there was another door leading to another changing room. Let's call my changing room number 1. There were basically two rooms attached to one another) so anyway Door number 2 opened and Mama P was on our side of the door and guess who was on the other side? It was only Mika wasn't it, with all us Big Girls getting changed into corsets :aah: He was already in his red and white striped top and he was talking to his mum but no idea what about.

Anyway that happened, and then this Paramedic came in and started speaking to Mama P. I don't really know what they were saying but then he started to put her right arm in a sling. :sad: She came over towards me and I asked what was wrong and she said she pulled a muscle, poor love.

Maria then helped me get changed into my Big Girl costume and I was pretty much set. I can't entirely remember what happened after that, except that Maria said I could put my hoodie on to hide my costume so I could out and watch the show. I saw some of the band members in their black and white costumes talking and whatever (iMMa and Jimmy were jumping :roftl:) I looked at them and Jimmy saw me and he was like "Hi, you alright?" but we sorta had to leave so I said "see you on stage!" and we went. She said to come straight back when Rain was on, which was after Kick Ass. So I went with some other Big Girls, had some pictures taken, and stood at the side of the audience. Pretty rubbish view but at least I got to see some of it. The crowd was really good as well, jumping up and down to Relax, waving their arms when Billy Brown was on...it was a really good vibe. Time went on and then I heard Rain...I looked back at the other Big Girls and we left together. We were really confused, and I said "I thought she said Rain was after Kick Ass? He didn't play it" so I thought that maybe he wasn't going to.

We went back inside and boy was the crowd LOUD. In the audience itself it didn't seem so defeaning but backstage it was amplified, and I felt a rush of pride and I just thought "wow, Mika hears this at every performance :wub2:"

So anyway, we got our heads ready to do the march. It was dark and I really couldn't see much, but then someone grabbed my hand and started putting something in it and I was like "what?" and I looked and I was given a bunch of flowers to hold and it was Mama P who gave them to me :aah:

So then...it was time. I remembering hearing Mika sing Over My Shoulder (and because the audience noise was amplified I could hear people talking. Annoying.) and then I heard him sing Happy Ending. I think it was after this that we went on. We heard the beats so we climbed up the stairs and I started marching.

I looked through the bottom of mask all the way so I could see where I was going and where the wires were. You really can't see a lot at all. I tried to look at the audience and I could see that there were an awful lot of people, but I had to give quick glances otherwise I knew I was just gonna lose balance :roftl: I had no idea where Mika was and didn't see the band or anything. I just stamped on the stage and walked off again, job done. :roftl:

So we took our masks off and we went to the side of the side and jumped around the Mika singing Love Today! ...And then we were told to go to the other side lol. So we jumped around, and then Mika sang Kick Ass!! Wooo!! WE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE FREE! It was my first time hearing live as well as everyone else apart from Sara :roftl: (I think) so that was a good experience. It really is amazing to see that amount of people in the audience watching Mika :wub2:

So then I think he ran off stage and we saw him and the band members switching tops, and when they got on stage and started singing Grace Kelly we were told to grab our masks and come back. I think. I can't really remember lol. So we got our masks again and we had to climb up this ramp rather than the stairs...Lollipop started, and we waited, and then it was time to dance!

Part 4 coming up!

That was the most amazing experience in my life! I was second row (closest ever for me) over to the left. Saw MFCers in the cafe when we went for lunch :biggrin2:. I've been to Eden before but my friends hadn't. We arrived about 11ish got our pink wristbands and looked in the biomes (got a few pics from there). Went to lunch, had another wander round, went back to the car to dump our stuff. We got our faces painted on the way back in, I had red and gold swirls and Vicki (MIKA rules) had purple and gold. When we got down we could see people starting to queue so we sat down too.

Listening to the soundcheck was brilliant! I recorded a bit of Grace Kelly on my phone but I've just listened to it and it's rubbish :sneaky2:. Glanced over the other side during Relax to see Ingie (I think) rocking out with Rose! Was very entertaining! Thanks!!:roftl: Mika arrived and just wandered onto the stage and looked around casually while we all screamed at him :mf_rosetinted:. Then after Mika's soundcheck Diana appeared and just seemed really moody. 'I can't hear myself' 'He's too close' 'This is ridiculous, I'll just have to wing it then'

When we got let in I got a front row spot and was shoved out of the way by two girls, one of whom snatched my sunflower off me later! Not MFCers but still not impressed.:sneaky2:

Diana was...unimpressive. Had a look at the crowd during her songs, poker faces all round. She pretty much summed it up herself 'I'm just here to warm you up before the good stuff.' And her top kept coming undone. Surely someone could've found her a safety pin! Oh and this guy in a crazy suit introduced her and Mika later.

Mika was amazing!! He seemed a bit tired at first but I think he was just pleased to be back in the UK. He threw everything into it. Kickass live was brilliant! And BIOTG with the split blame it on the girls/boys crowd lines. Just saying but Blame it on the Girls left side was clearly best:mf_rosetinted:. I've got a few little vids taken on my digital camera that I'll try and upload.

I've just put my pics on facebook here :biggrin2:all 151 of them. Will attempt vids after dinner.

Oh yeah, I got a wristband off Silver, almost had a sunflower from Mika but some b*tch snatched it then shuffled off so I couldn't slap her for it. Grr.

Edited by luvin mika 4eva

noooo! your pics on fb are great, you should share them with everyone :thumb_yello:

They had too many big girls, which is why Mrs P/Maria asked Jazzy to join Freddie and Ingie

Cheers, gotta go now but i'll check in later and do that... :wub2:

I would like to thank Laura for giving me the opportunity to speak to all my fans:teehee:

Right so, I will go straight to the good stuff. We were queueing, having fun and I said I really wanted to try out for LG or BG or whatever. So I was rather nervous when Maria came out and I enthusiastically jumped up and down when she asked for LGs and BGs. So we went to the spot she told us to go to and I saw all these extremely skinny girls and I just thought I had no chance at all. So I decided that if I could, I would just go as a guy, anything!

So Maria and Mrs. P came out and they started selecting. BGs was easily done but with the LGs it took a little longer. I jut kept jumping up and down and everyone was saying they should pick me and Maria looked at me and she whispered: "Don't worry, you will get in!" So Maria said that she should pick me and Mrs. P looked over at me and she looked and wondered if I could be a BG, but decided against it. Then Mrs. P said she needed guys and I just started jumping again and was chosen. Huzah!

So we went in, practised the march a bit and then the LGs and BGs were fitting their costumes, while the dudes just chilled. Andy came and had quite a long chat with Freddie. The first thing he said when he came was: "Is Rose here? I want to talk to her!" but if you thing it stopped with that, you're wroooongggggg. Because the big man himself came, saw us, gave us a big smile, then touched Freddie's shoulder and said: "Nice to see you here!" See, Freaks can get the man who doesn't speak before a gig to speak anyway!

Then we went out, and we chilled a bit and had some food, before going back around 9 to watch the first part of the gig. We had an excellent spot at the side, could see everything really well. I took some awesome pictures, wil edit them and post them when I get home. Anyways, the BGs and LGs joined us later on and we rocked it together. Then we went back to the backstage area during Rain and we put our black clothes on. Then Mrs. P came to us and explained we had to put the doll down on the platform. We didn't know that before so 5 minutes before showtime it was kinda surprising. We discussed how we were gonna do it and then it was showtime. It all went well and we put it on the thing. We were in charge of putting it down nicely so that's what we did and we tried to march again but the music stopped so we just ran off. It went quite well even though some people in the crowd shouting abuse because they obviously needed some attention.

So, we changed our outfits to the colourful ones and we went to the other side so Mika and the band could get changed after a few sogs. They went back on and we went to Imma's side where we would go on the stage. We decided earlier on to go all out on stage and Sharon and I came up with a whole choreography. John stood next to us and he showed Freddie how to properly sing Grace Kelly and when I was doing a little dance he said: YEAH Exactly like that!

So, masks on and it was showtime. We got on and I just thought: "Ingie, this is your chance, take it, no matter what they will scream or shout just go and kick ass!" So the moment I was on stage I just did the first thing that came up in my head and I just went nuts. All my ideas to do just were flushed down the toilet. Sharon and me decided to do the linking arms and dancing around, but I could barely see through the mask, so I saw a Big Girl and just linked arms and luckily it was Sharon so we did our dance and then I went back to acting like a nutter again. I even lost one of my shoes and I just kicked the other one off and went on barefoot. Then Imma said: "You go girl!" And I could see she grabbed me, let go and another pair of hands gently grabbed me and pulled me to the centre and let go again. Then I just started dancing again and I went to the other side again and then I felt those hands pull me back to the centre again. I then realized it was Mika and seriously, I just randomly moved, sweating like a pig (haha nice pun, I had the pig mask on!) and even did my running dance move XD. Before I knew it, it was over and I felt Mika firmly but gently grab my hand and he carefully took me to the front of the stage and he put his arm around me and we bowed with all the others and then he grabbed me aroud my waist, pulled me against him, and we took a bow and he rubbed me a little before letting me go. Then I tried to find my shoes and Imma complimented me again, Martin said I did a good job and Jimmy as well. I said thanks and put my shoes back on and he said: "You lost your shoes!" And Martin or Jimmy said they loved my shoes XD

So we went backstage and I got some more compliments and changed to my normal clothes. We then were put into three groups and they said Mika would only take a picture because he was in a hurry. We gave Maria our Freakshirts to sign and got ready for the pic. He did just take a picture with the first 2 groups and then he came over and immediately went to me, looked me straight into the eyes and said: "Hi! How are you?" And I said: "Fine, how are you?" and he was very good. And then he stayed and chatted with us. He said to Freddie that he loved his shirt and Jazzy said: "Good, 'cause you've got one!" and she gave him his shirt and he was very happy. He said that the customisation I did of Freddie's shirt was very 'Alan Cumming' and he laughed when I showed him Freddie's sexy back. We took the group picture and he grabbed all of us closely, his entire front was resting against my back:aah: Then he just randomly said: "I love my freaks!" Jazzy posted the rest of that convo so I don't need to repeat that. He then said: "It really means a lot to me!" He held the bracelet in his hand that he picked up on stage after Vicky threw it on stage. He looked at it and said: "OMG! IT'S GOT MY NAME ON IT! AND YOU'VE ALL GOT ONE!" He was even happier when we mentioned it glowed in the dark.

We talked some more about upcoming gigs, and I actually promised to go to Fringe festival now so there is no turning back before he went off and we just hung around some more. I thanked Mrs. P and wanted to walk to Maria when Mika approached her and said he wanted to have the painted shirt (mine!) again and he drew a heart on it. Then I got my shirt from Maria and Mika introduced our little group to his favourite girl Imogen. And then we left.

I felt like a superstar with everyone approaching me after I left the queue:aah: We all decided to just sit a bit in the back and watch it all happening and talk about how awesome it was. We said goodbye to some of the girls and after the others came back we went back. But not before Rose got into the Andyloo and security wanted her out desperately. It was very funny:naughty:

We were escorted out by the security and I bought a shirt and we said our goodbyes and then the adventure was over. But not for too long. Because the freaks found home and now we're in this together!

I want to thank all the freaks for being absolutely AMAZING! I loved all of you and I had the bestest time, not only on the gig day but also in the pub the night before. I love the unity us freaks have and you are the most awesome people ever. :wub2:

Part 4!

So the Lollipop Girls got on stage and stayed on the side they got on :aah: so I thought "I'm not gonna stand here bunched up with people" so I just kinda legged it/skipped/jumped/did whatever to get to the other side :aah: Jeez, running with that mask on is hard work. It just kept wobbling and I couldn't see a thing, I was just like Oh Lord. I really wanted to give it some and just PARTY, but it really was difficult. Loads of other Big Girls stood right near me and it was honestly like a game of bowling; all the heads were banging against each other and I was trying not to fall over like a bunch of skittles being hit by a bowling ball LOL. I don't think I've ever been so battered in all my life :aah: Then Ingie came my way and I don't think she could see much out of her mask either because as she was dancing or doing whatever the hell she was doing lol, she kept hitting me :aah: so I started tapping her and going "Ingie!! INGIE!!!!" trying to get her attention so I could dance with her, but it really wasn't happening :roftl: And then Mika came over and saw her and started laughing, so he grabbed her to the front and was...well, was just being entertained by her :roftl: iMMa then dragged one of the Big Girls and started dancing with her and then I saw Jimmy! So I waved at him and he saw me and he knew it was me! At least, I'm sure he did, since he knew I was wearing blue and that I'm so short :aah: he might have seen me through the skull's nose as well.

So anyway, he came up to me and started playing bass right at me so I pretended to play bass as well :roftl:

Before long I saw people rushing to the front so I thought "oh, is it time to bow?" cos I saw Mika grab Ingie so I grabbed her and I bowed...but then someone on my left started grabbing backwards and I was just like "OMG, I am getting SO battered here :roftl:" and I looked and it was Jimmy! I think he said it was time to bow and I was like "what? I've already bowed..." so he had his arm around me and I had my arm around him and when it was time to bow I think he pushed my body forwards so I knew it was time :roftl::roftl:

Honestly, there are so many blind spots in that mask LOL! It's great fun, please don't get me wrong, but once you are in that mask and on stage you really are clueless as to what's happening. At least, I knew I was completely lost!

It all ended and then my hand was being grabbed! They made me open my hand, put something in the palm of it and then they closed it, and I looked and it was Jimmy! So I shouted out thank you and he ran off stage. I looked at what he put in my hand and it was his black plectrum! This might sound daft and soppy, but I definitely had an "aaawwww" moment and thought it was sweet that he chose to give it to me.

We were still on stage actually and all the other Big Girls were just sort of standing there and I was like "what are we doing? are we getting off now?" and eventually we managed to get off.

I took my mask off and saw Jimmy again, so I said "thank you for the plectrum!" and then we hugged :original: I saw Cherisse and iMMa too and I said well done to them and they said well done to me (though they probably didn't see me LOL) and then Maria told us to get into groups so we could have our picture with Mika.

Final Part coming up...

Edited by CazGirl

I would like to thank Laura for giving me the opportunity to speak to all my fans:teehee:

Right so, I will go straight to the good stuff. We were queueing, having fun and I said I really wanted to try out for LG or BG or whatever. So I was rather nervous when Maria came out and I enthusiastically jumped up and down when she asked for LGs and BGs. So we went to the spot she told us to go to and I saw all these extremely skinny girls and I just thought I had no chance at all. So I decided that if I could, I would just go as a guy, anything!

So Maria and Mrs. P came out and they started selecting. BGs was easily done but with the LGs it took a little longer. I jut kept jumping up and down and everyone was saying they should pick me and Maria looked at me and she whispered: "Don't worry, you will get in!" So Maria said that she should pick me and Mrs. P looked over at me and she looked and wondered if I could be a BG, but decided against it. Then Mrs. P said she needed guys and I just started jumping again and was chosen. Huzah!

So we went in, practised the march a bit and then the LGs and BGs were fitting their costumes, while the dudes just chilled. Andy came and had quite a long chat with Freddie. The first thing he said when he came was: "Is Rose here? I want to talk to her!" but if you thing it stopped with that, you're wroooongggggg. Because the big man himself came, saw us, gave us a big smile, then touched Freddie's shoulder and said: "Nice to see you here!" See, Freaks can get the man who doesn't speak before a gig to speak anyway!

Then we went out, and we chilled a bit and had some food, before going back around 9 to watch the first part of the gig. We had an excellent spot at the side, could see everything really well. I took some awesome pictures, wil edit them and post them when I get home. Anyways, the BGs and LGs joined us later on and we rocked it together. Then we went back to the backstage area during Rain and we put our black clothes on. Then Mrs. P came to us and explained we had to put the doll down on the platform. We didn't know that before so 5 minutes before showtime it was kinda surprising. We discussed how we were gonna do it and then it was showtime. It all went well and we put it on the thing. We were in charge of putting it down nicely so that's what we did and we tried to march again but the music stopped so we just ran off. It went quite well even though some people in the crowd shouting abuse because they obviously needed some attention.

So, we changed our outfits to the colourful ones and we went to the other side so Mika and the band could get changed after a few sogs. They went back on and we went to Imma's side where we would go on the stage. We decided earlier on to go all out on stage and Sharon and I came up with a whole choreography. John stood next to us and he showed Freddie how to properly sing Grace Kelly and when I was doing a little dance he said: YEAH Exactly like that!

So, masks on and it was showtime. We got on and I just thought: "Ingie, this is your chance, take it, no matter what they will scream or shout just go and kick ass!" So the moment I was on stage I just did the first thing that came up in my head and I just went nuts. All my ideas to do just were flushed down the toilet. Sharon and me decided to do the linking arms and dancing around, but I could barely see through the mask, so I saw a Big Girl and just linked arms and luckily it was Sharon so we did our dance and then I went back to acting like a nutter again. I even lost one of my shoes and I just kicked the other one off and went on barefoot. Then Imma said: "You go girl!" And I could see she grabbed me, let go and another pair of hands gently grabbed me and pulled me to the centre and let go again. Then I just started dancing again and I went to the other side again and then I felt those hands pull me back to the centre again. I then realized it was Mika and seriously, I just randomly moved, sweating like a pig (haha nice pun, I had the pig mask on!) and even did my running dance move XD. Before I knew it, it was over and I felt Mika firmly but gently grab my hand and he carefully took me to the front of the stage and he put his arm around me and we bowed with all the others and then he grabbed me aroud my waist, pulled me against him, and we took a bow and he rubbed me a little before letting me go. Then I tried to find my shoes and Imma complimented me again, Martin said I did a good job and Jimmy as well. I said thanks and put my shoes back on and he said: "You lost your shoes!" And Martin or Jimmy said they loved my shoes XD

So we went backstage and I got some more compliments and changed to my normal clothes. We then were put into three groups and they said Mika would only take a picture because he was in a hurry. We gave Maria our Freakshirts to sign and got ready for the pic. He did just take a picture with the first 2 groups and then he came over and immediately went to me, looked me straight into the eyes and said: "Hi! How are you?" And I said: "Fine, how are you?" and he was very good. And then he stayed and chatted with us. He said to Freddie that he loved his shirt and Jazzy said: "Good, 'cause you've got one!" and she gave him his shirt and he was very happy. He said that the customisation I did of Freddie's shirt was very 'Alan Cumming' and he laughed when I showed him Freddie's sexy back. We took the group picture and he grabbed all of us closely, his entire front was resting against my back:aah: Then he just randomly said: "I love my freaks!" Jazzy posted the rest of that convo so I don't need to repeat that. He then said: "It really means a lot to me!" He held the bracelet in his hand that he picked up on stage after Vicky threw it on stage. He looked at it and said: "OMG! IT'S GOT MY NAME ON IT! AND YOU'VE ALL GOT ONE!" He was even happier when we mentioned it glowed in the dark.

We talked some more about upcoming gigs, and I actually promised to go to Fringe festival now so there is no turning back before he went off and we just hung around some more. I thanked Mrs. P and wanted to walk to Maria when Mika approached her and said he wanted to have the painted shirt (mine!) again and he drew a heart on it. Then I got my shirt from Maria and Mika introduced our little group to his favourite girl Imogen. And then we left.

I felt like a superstar with everyone approaching me after I left the queue:aah: We all decided to just sit a bit in the back and watch it all happening and talk about how awesome it was. We said goodbye to some of the girls and after the others came back we went back. But not before Rose got into the Andyloo and security wanted her out desperately. It was very funny:naughty:

We were escorted out by the security and I bought a shirt and we said our goodbyes and then the adventure was over. But not for too long. Because the freaks found home and now we're in this together!

I want to thank all the freaks for being absolutely AMAZING! I loved all of you and I had the bestest time, not only on the gig day but also in the pub the night before. I love the unity us freaks have and you are the most awesome people ever. :wub2:

Ingie i love you :wub2: had such a great time last night, missing you all already... feels so strange to be back home again!

dscf3930n.jpg

Our grouppic! If you're on it, pm me your email and I will send the full size.

My pics of the gig will be added when I get back on Saturday so you have something to look out to:aah:

just before they went on stage, Ingie and Freddie swapped masks. So freddie wore the cow mask and i think Ingie was a pig?! not sure tbh. It was easier for her to see out of whichever mask she changed to x

ah yes, that pig mask covers just half of your face, it's much easier to see through that.

thanx everyone for your reports!:wub2:

Awwwww... Mika was so so so so sweet with you!! :wub2: You're very lucky girl!! I'm so happy for you!!

Now you are a superstar for Penniman's family!! :naughty:

Thanks very much for all report, video or pic!! :flowers2: It was an amazing night!!

We were told that we were only allowed one camera per group, so I went to get mine but Jazzy said that we were gonna use Ingie's since hers was a professional camera.

So Mika had pictures taken with the other two groups and he came to us and saw Ingie. I looked at him and said "That was a really good show" and he looked me right in the eyes, smiling at me and said thanks. Ingie showed Freddie his "sexy back" and Mika looked and went "....sexy..back..ahahaha!" :aah: and then he pointed at Freddie's ripped up T-Shirt and said that it was very much in the style of Alan Cummings LOL. So then he was handed the Freak's T-Shirt and he looked at the front and the back and then I think this was when he had our picture done. After that, I think someone said something else about the Freak's T-Shirt and Mika went "I love my Freaks" and then I went "And the Fokkers!" and I swear Mika must have misheard what I said :aah: cos he looked at me and said "and what?" so I repeated "The Fokkers" and he smiled and said "oh yes! You know everyone wears their hoodies all the time. We go through airports and the all the staff are like what are they wearing?" :roftl::roftl: Haaaaah. Funny. Then I looked at his hand and noticed he was holding the blue wristband, so I said "Oh you got a wristband!" and he said "yeah" so I asked "who gave it to you?" and he replied "I don't know, it was thrown on stage so I just wore it." and then he gave a proper look at it and went "Oh it's got my name on it!!" so we all had a bit of a giggle. He then asked who made it or whatever so we all said Silver did. Well I know Jazzy and I did lol. So then he started to walk off and we did too, but then he stopped and said "Oh, I'd like to introduce you to Imogen" or something so Imogen stood up and said hi to us and I said hi too. And then I smiled and said "you two should play "By The Time" together sometime." and Mika smiled and nodded but I've no idea what he was really thinking LOLZ.

So then we got into the changing room and I got changed. Then I came out and sorting out my bag and Cherisse, Jimmy and Imogen were sitting down having a chat. As I left I said "see you later guys, thanks again!" and they said goodbye too and I headed off out.

I stepped outside and saw Mika was talking to some disabled people so I stood and watched for a bit. I was about to actually leave backstage entirely when I heard someone call me, and I turned around and it was Alex, Mika's manager! And then I saw John there too so I went up to them and started talking to them. I then told Alex about the Fokker hoodies and if she wanted one, and then John said "oh yeah all the crew members have one, we can sort one out for you." and I was reeling off all the Fokker names (she laughed at Ginger and Sunny Fokker :roftl:) and then she asked what number Mika was. I said that John had number 1 so we didn't really know what number to give Mika since he couldn't be '0' (:aah:) so I told her he was pi, just to be different.

Then I went to leave - again - and saw iMMa! We said goodbye to each other and she hugged me. THEN I left :roftl: and I joined Sara, Jemma, Sarah and Danika. We waited for Mika to come out and then he came out wearing Maria's Fokker hoodie :lmfao:

I spoke to some of the fans (they were both families) and the boy in family #1 got his poster signed by Mika and they told us it was their fifth gig! So cute. And then in family number #2 the boy got his arm signed by Mika! They were really happy with how it all went and it was just really nice.

And then we left!

TA-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.

Edited by CazGirl

dscf3930n.jpg

Our grouppic! If you're on it, pm me your email and I will send the full size.

My pics of the gig will be added when I get back on Saturday so you have something to look out to:aah:

awww yay! Thank you Ingie!! Will PM you my email. Was nice to meet you btw!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Ingie. Blimey. Freaks have just left to head up north so I thought I'd catch up with the mini novel she wrote - my laptop started overheating, ha!!

I'll upload pictures and videos (I think I only filmed Blue Eyes) later on. I'm gonna have a nap now - driving 750 miles in 3 days does rather take its toll but it was all worth it. I'll do a proper report, detailing the day as well.

There's so much to say about it all as well but it's all just a bit of a blur at the moment. I was massively tired yesterday but I still stayed up until 2 o'clock talking to Viv about it all. Best gig EVER, I'd say. People were brilliant, location was fab, weather amazing, Mika was lovely as ever and I can't tell you how proud I am that there were so many people wandering around with Freak tees, and that Mika and the fam loved the shirts. *siiiiiigh*

I'll do a report now, and get pics and vids up later.

Diana Vickers, not really my cup of tea, and not her bass players either judging by the terminally bored senseless look on his face, but she seemed to get the youngsters jumping, and I must say, she does play the trumpet pretty well. Sadly she had a wardrobe malfunction, of her playsuit top, but no one seemed forthcoming with something as simple as a safety pin!:shocked:

But she battled on valiantly to the end, so fair play to her for that.

Well, what can I say about the show.

I have to say that I was worried, after him doing the Lebanon show, that he might not have been 100% up for this one, the Leb show being a dream gig for him.

How wrong I was!!!

There was so much energy buzzing around, it was electric!

As soon as Imma, walked on stage, followed by the rest of the band, EVERYONE was up for a good night, including Mika.

It kind of reminded me of Bristol, where he was very playful, and that was such a great vibe. Eden was that x100!

Quite a bit of eye contact littered about (Blue Eyes, Touches You and K.A. for me:blush-anim-cl:), throwing the flowers on the stage out to us randomly (I got one of the first batch, never happened before!), during Dr John, throwing the coat over Imma, and the two of them collapsing into a fit of giggles, unable to sing for a minute afterwards. Imma playing up to us in the audience, and us playing right back to her, our side winning the BIOTG sing off (WE ROCKED IT!!!), Mika introducing the band and hesitating at the end, til we all screamed "Cherisse" at him, and saying "alright, and your favourite Cherisse Ofus Osei" with a mock grumpy look on his face, the trumpet solo, which has just taken on a life of it's own now, Martin challenging him on his guitar, but Mika getting the bigger cheer, much to the bands mock disgust:naughty:

There was one point where Mika played the intro to one of the songs, can't remember which now, and he told us that he had been informed that it sounded like the theme to Top Gun, which Martin quite happily demonstrated, but Mika said "I can't see it, though", but it does sound remarkably similar. Sorry Mika:teehee:

He was clearly up for it last night, and so were we, which made the whole night pretty dynamic, I was happy that he played Kick Ass, I was worried he wouldn't but it was great to finally sing along to his performance.

All the guys doing the procession, Caz, Disturbed Angel, Sharon, Zoe, and the Toy Boy carriers, Freddie Ingie and Jazzy, did a great job, it went perfectly, and at the end when they came back on to dance, Mika pulling Ingie out to the front, walking around her dancing, and then kneeling down beside her with a grin on his face watching her, while she danced like a demon:naughty:

Then when the band came to the front to give their bows, he pulled her in beside him to bow down, it was awesome!

I must say, it's definitely in my top 5 shows of all time so far.

After, he came out to sign stuff, and he signed my t shirt (I get a pic of that up later too), but there were so many people and he wanted to get going, so I didn't get to really chat with him. But it was such a great night, it didn't matter, I was partying with my friends, and had an absolute blast!

I had a totally awesome time! Mika was amazing!

I was with my fellow fokkers and Caz told you what happened until she went off to be a big girl so i'll follow it up from there.

People were pushing in-which I felt was unfair for everyone who had queued but luckily after going through an assalt course (which was a hick up with the barrier) we got front row to the left.

After hearing Diana Vickers sound check we were dreading her warm up but I was pleasantly surprized-infact a little fan girlie after I got some good eye contact:teehee: I felt sorry for her as she kept on popping out of her top as she really was a sweatheart.

Diana didn't come on till 7.45 and Mika wasn't on till 9.15 so there was a lot of waiting inbetween but we amused ourselves hoodie spotting- we were so made up that Yasmine and Andy were wearing their hoodies- I felt so proud to be a fokker- well done Bossy you have done a fab job :biggrin2:

Mika eventually came on and he was on fire!-I'll let the others tell you about the playlist as I can't really remember the order. Dan, bab, Sarah, Sara and I were having a great time dancing and during doctor john jimmy looked over and saw dan, bab and I doing our little dance and he was like WTF it was soooo funny we couldn't stop laughing.

Mika then decided to play OMS and decided on the spot that it would be nice if everyone held a flower so he grabbed a flower pot and after some struggling managed to get the flowers out and throw them into the audience. I managed to get a massive sunflower:biggrin2:

Mika at one point introduced the band but forgot Cherisse so we were shouting Cherisse at him and he was like what? and eventually the penny dropped and he introduced her as his favourite (suck up:naughty:)

Mika forgot to do GGG which I was a little bit miffed at as Dan and I had planned our dance moves but he came back on for the encore and did KICKASS! My voice is now hoarse as I was singing along at the top of my voice- It was amazing! I was jumping like a loon- and for a big girl that takes some effort! Defo my highlight:biggrin2:

At the end we waited at the barrier for Mika and we waved, got a big grin ( i didn't want anything else TBH) and noticed that he had Maria's hoodie on with pink lettering- it was sooo funny and I felt relly proud to be a Mika fan- he is such a good popstar:wub2: He was so lovely to everyone in the queue and as I have had lots of experiences I stepped back and let newbies and others have their fill. John also said hello to us and then after being trapped in like cattle behind the barrier we walked off into the night and had pasties! (love ya bab)

Big thanks to my girls- I had a wonderful time with you:wub2:

Forgot to mention how amazing Caz was as a big girl- you rocked Diva Fokker!

Edited by jemmalee

Oh Rose!! I remember that Top Gun thing lol, Mika said he sometimes plays it so he can remember what key to use to start the next song (Billy Brown) hahaha. Oh, funny times, it does sound a bit like Top Gun, especially when one of the guitarists started playing the actual Top Gun tune :naughty:

@luvin mika 4eva

i cannot see the FB link :no:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=181072 Is that better?

Little addition to my report, as you can probably see from the pictures the lollipop girl went up right in front of us. It wouldn't inflate properly though and was just blocking our view for about 5 minutes before they finally deflated it:boxed: And it was a shame the screen didn't work, instead of the normal projections we got a range of computer error messages until the tech guys eventually switched it off.

Edited by luvin mika 4eva