It won't be the same without you Freddie but then as you say............it isn't the same now anyway.

Thank you SO much for everything you have done here. It has been an absolute pleasure to be involved in something that has grown and evolved into a huge entity. You have given SO much and I know that a lot of is has been far from fun.

Those early days were truely magical ...............we were all experiencing something totally new and fresh and we were a true community that all were all excited about the same thing. Some amazing friendships were formed and we had some brilliant experiences.

You are passing over a different place now.....but one that is still fundamentaly here for the same reason..............for people who love Mika to share experiences and find out what is going on in Mikaland.

I can't think of a better person than Deb to take over the reins.

I am relieved and glad that you will still be around.

Very best wishes to Deb :wub2:

:huglove:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sad to learn that :sad:

I was going to say we'll miss you but you aren't going to leave us fortunately :blush-anim-cl::biggrin2:

Thank you for all what you made , for me your name will always be associated with MFC :thumb_yello:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is such a blow, so out of the blue, it's big of you to admit to those mistakes, there are enough on here who are too perfect to comtemplate their mistakes but thats life.

See you at Fringe, Ive had some of THE best Mikaing with you and I know there will be more to come.

I know I dont visit this place like I did in the good old days, but thats cos it's changed and I liked it better before, but that is ALSO life lol.

Deb is defo the best, wish there were more like her she's diamond and I wish her all the very best.

I agree with the comments below wholeheartedly.

Very unhappy to hear this, and think that you are a great admin who along with Deb, are the backbone of this place.I don't think any one else could run it as well as the two of you.

I totally support Deb, and wish her the best in running the admin.

But incredibly sad that you have stepped back, I hope you might go back to it in the future, you're a good man, and have done many great things for MFC, and everybody makes mistakes, I don't see that it should stop you from being here in your admin role!

Will see you round on here and Twitter no doubt.

Aaaaaaaah Freddie. *mega hugs*

Admin or not, I f*cking adore you, Mika adores you (big boy, you are beautiful!) and anyone in their right mind who's ever come into contact with you knows what a decent, kind bloke you are.

I know Deb will do a fantastic job of all of this, but I think it's safe to say that your part will be missed.

Now, you better start shining up your dancing shoes because Fringe is less than 6 weeks away!

It won't be the same without you Freddie but then as you say............it isn't the same now anyway.

Thank you SO much for everything you have done here. It has been an absolute pleasure to be involved in something that has grown and evolved into a huge entity. You have given SO much and I know that a lot of is has been far from fun.

Those early days were truely magical ...............we were all experiencing something totally new and fresh and we were a true community that all were all excited about the same thing. Some amazing friendships were formed and we had some brilliant experiences.

You are passing over a different place now.....but one that is still fundamentaly here for the same reason..............for people who love Mika to share experiences and find out what is going on in Mikaland.

he's not dead! he's not retired! he's not been fired!

hey people!

come on

be reasonable

the legendary FREDDIESDOUBLE will be with us FOREVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lmfao::lmfao:

ROBI PLEASE!!!

You are a MOD..have some freaking sympathy. :dunno:

...Fred and some of us have been here from the start and know alot of the decisions were helped with Fred/David intervening. Now that won't happen...I have faith in Deb, I do, but personally think as a Team they worked better.

I too, have seen the difference in the members within the past year especially..it needs to have a strong backbone and make it a family..or basically will go tits up.

That is why comments like yours don't come across right imo.(maybe a language difference problem?) I know you don't mean ANY harm what so ever!.. but i feel like you are saying nobody has a right to comment about being shocked about this. I know i am, and NOBODY will stop me saying I am sorry to see Fred go and hope he will stay around, as tbh so many people say they will and don't.

Look at how many of the MODS even just Members are left from the beginning...something is obviously not working or people would stay.

Good Luck Debs!!

Now REALLY WISH i could go to Edinburgh....:crybaby:

Daisy what are you talking about? :blink:

Robi's post seems perfectly OK to me :dunno:

Agreed! :blink:

And I believe Robi said that just to cheer things up, there were references to MJ's funeral and all... :naughty:

Of course we're sad to see FD leaving the admin job, and the other admin/mods probably are too, so... :dunno:

And Daisy, many many people left not because of the MFC, but because they've lost interest in Mika's work... The ones that have left for MFC issues are a lot less than those who just don't like Mika anymore. :wink2:

As for us, the "resistant" peeps from the early days...we are young and strong and golden and all...but it was obvious that not everyone would stay forever! It's been 3 years, lots of things change! :wink2:

Respect you FD but very sorry to see you step down if you feel it is not wholeheartedly what you want.

I have been here for a fair time ..May of 2007 anyway as a reader and you have always been helpful, kind and very considerate.

I think taking a break though can sometimes be a good thing because it will give you time to chill out... relax a bit and enjoy being 'just a fan'

The admin job I'm sure is HUGE and i know you have been a pivotal person in the development of MFC and really care about it.

WELL DONE for all you have done:biggrin2:

Change always happens with any group and it evolves all the time ... i guess MFC is no different in that respect. You must be very proud of what you have achieved in the years you have been here and your name will always be associated with here .... and of course as we know by Mika himself.

Had some great times with you at gigs too and I'm so glad that will continue.

Thanks Santa:newyear: I'll always have my snow scene mushroom ...

First time i met you at Glasgow 07 you offered me a mint tic tac ... I've never forgotten :scot:

Rock on ...... respect .....:kachinga:

Good luck to Deb too of course :wink2:

I've just realised the Freddie was the first MFCer I ever spoke to

(Leeds - the infamous one!) You were fun and friendly right from the start and I'm really looking forward to Edinburgh to see you again.

And, as others have said, good on you for admitting mistakes.

Well said Kath!! :thumb_yello:

I remember when there wasn't anything on the inernet about Meeks and would wait ..for hours.. on here for a snippet of info as he was so new..now photos get photoshopped and there it is an information overload of MIKA on Inet. funny how things change not always for the better..but good for MIKA, he suceeded in being a star!

To Silver and Mary

I am just saying how I understood Robi's message. Maybe different people have a different opinion..suppose that is what makes us human?

I am not being nasty to Robi in any way!!! so no need to jump down my throat.

..just saying if members who are friends of Freds and/or he has helped them in a way they can't forget it.. might mean alot and they can/should be able to convey how they feel without the need of being told to calm down that's all.

You obviously talk to different people to me.. as I know quite a few that go to the gigs but won't come on here because it has changed for them...that is why i wrote this. Yes..They do still love MIKA.

Aww...:blink:

Freddie you've been fantastic here as Mod, Admin and general legend :naughty:. I've been here on and off almost since the start so I really do remember how much you've invested in MFC (especially in that first year) to get it off the ground, with your enthusiam and dedication.

You are right though,this place has evolved and changed and is very different to how it used to be, but it's been a huge success hasn't it, and a lot of that is down to you :wub2:

As others have said though, it's not like you are leaving or anything so that's good. And I know Deb will continue to do a fantastic job too :thumb_yello:

I'm kinda new on MFC actually.

But I have to say it's the best fan club and forum I've been to!

It's well organised and a very stable platform to let me know new friends here.

I am always thankful to Mika bringing me bunch of best ppl in the world.

But frankly I don't think I can be connected to them without MFC!

And Freddie has been a very important one behind it, like Rak said, you are the backbone of it!

Although I am not so familiar to you, I am still happy to see you appearing in different threads :biggrin2:

and now I'm sure dcdeb can do the job well!

I am very proud of having you here as the mod! :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much Freddie! =D

To Silver and Mary

I am just saying how I understood Robi's message. Maybe different people have a different opinion..suppose that is what makes us human?

..just saying if members who are friends of Freds and/or he has helped them in a way they can't forget it.. might mean alot and they can/should be able to convey how they feel without the need of being told to calm down that's all.

You obviously talk to different people to me.. as I know quite a few that go to the gigs but won't come on here because it has changed for them...that is why i wrote this. Yes..They do still love MIKA.

I wasn't jumping on your throat, I was just giving my opinion too. :wink2:

Of course MFC has changed... more people = more different personalities = more conflicts...etc etc. It's up to everyone to deal with these things. When I'm upset with something/someone here, I step away from MFC for a while, post a lot less,... But I know there are people who can't do it, and I know some too. The thing is, even if we still love Mika, there are other stuff besides him and the MFC, and it's normal that, from the early members, just a few remain here after 3 years. Sunny Monkey created this place, do you see him post everyday?

As for FD (sorry for the off-topic, btw), he'll still be here, he's not going away and certainly won't leave the friends he has made on MFC. :blink: It's really brave of him to admit his mistakes, and step away from the job if he feels it's necessary. It's probably harder for him than for anyone else... :huh:

And of course the ones who are closer to him (and everyone else) can AND should say how they're feeling...The thread is open for comments, so...

Shock news indeed!

I don't have the same feeling for the MFC after being pushed out by a very strong willed group of newcomers (they're not new any more!!) and things never recovered for me.

However, at the worst of it all you stood up for me against the bullying that went on and I'll be ever grateful to you for it....I'll never forget it. Thank you. :thumb_yello:

I have been here since the start and although I can no longer be a proper part of things due to the nastiness that has grown over the past few years I still look in on here everyday to keep up with the latest Mika news.

You've always been the voice of reason and the dad figure and, as has been said, were the backbone of it all. (You and Deb are the two people I respect most on here and would always listen to what you had to say).

I have no idea what these "mistakes" are/were but I can't imagine them being THAT bad??! :boxed:

Anyways, stay around in whatever capacity you feel is best and I'll keep watching out for you when I pop online! :biggrin2:

I'm still me! , I'm still right behind MFC , I still LOVE Mika , won't leave and will be just as much on tour and part of this place.

I've told you before how I feel but I'll say again that I'm very glad you haven't let this decision drag you down and are as enthusiastic as ever about participating in MFC. I know how much you care about the fan club and the fans and it shows.

Look at how many of the MODS even just Members are left from the beginning...something is obviously not working or people would stay.

Things evolve Daisy. Along with Mika, the one thing we had in common in early 2007 was that we really didn't know each other. Friendships form, people's lives change, the forum has grown by thousands of members. We can't keep complaining that it's not February 2007 anymore. It's an insult to the newer members who came to MFC in later years and found a happy home here just like we did. Just because it doesn't work for some people to stay here for over 3 years, doesn't mean that MFC doesn't work at all.

Just want to add a little thing..

Freddie, you are a good guy, always there to listen and to have fun with..:naughty: (gosh, remembering waking up in our car in Dammy and the first thing I see is a Mad Hatter..:shocked::lmfao:)

I'm sorry to hear (read..) that things went the wrong direction..:boxed:

But yes, MFC has grown and a lot of "newbies" came to our "little" community and let it grow..:blink: and huge it became!!! :shocked: (I don't say that's a bad thing, it's a great deal to our Mikster..:thumb_yello:)

Just take your brake, let Deb lead the whole impossible-to-lead-bunch..(:naughty:) and all will blow over..:huglove:

Deb, a great task lays on your shoulders now..:blink: wow...:naughty:

And Freddie, don't let your head hang down.. I need it up when you're going to be my best man..:biggrin2:

Well.

I didn't see that coming.

Thanks for all your hard work and I'm glad you'll still be around.

And congratulations to deb :-)

:blink: Congratulations to Deb for...? :roftl: She's been an admin, driving force and backbone of MFC for a looong time now, keep with the program, Ruth :lmfao:

Anyway FD, I've told you this directly, but I shall post it here too.

I belive that you're a good guy, and you love this place and Mika. You've invested a lot of time, love and effort into this place, and, together with the other admins, mods and longtime members, have had a big part in making it what it is today, which is no mean feat.

I'm sure that leaving your position is going to be a hard thing in some ways, but I truly think that, in others, it will probaly be a bit of a liberation. In any case, I'm sure that you're not going anywhere, so we'll still see plenty of you around here even if you're not super involved in the running of it from an admin perspective.

And, I'm sure that the other admins and the mods will carry on putting in all their hard work and love into this place so that it stays the site that Mika and all of us are proud of :wub2:.

I'm not even saying goodbye, because you're going nowhere so I'll say catch you later :naughty:

Thanks for wearing the "admin hat" for such a long time FD, you have really invested so much time and effort into MIKA & MFC. :flowers2:

But you take off that admin hat, and there is still another hat underneath... you still wear your "mod hat" so I am sure there will be plenty of continuing work for you:wink2:

You aren't going anywhere off MFC....Mikaworld has you trapped.:aah:

:blink: Congratulations to Deb for...? :roftl: She's been an admin, driving force and backbone of MFC for a looong time now, keep with the program, Ruth :lmfao:

Anyway FD, I've told you this directly, but I shall post it here too.

I belive that you're a good guy, and you love this place and Mika. You've invested a lot of time, love and effort into this place, and, together with the other admins, mods and longtime members, have had a big part in making it what it is today, which is no mean feat.

I'm sure that leaving your position is going to be a hard thing in some ways, but I truly think that, in others, it will probaly be a bit of a liberation. In any case, I'm sure that you're not going anywhere, so we'll still see plenty of you around here even if you're not super involved in the running of it from an admin perspective.

And, I'm sure that the other admins and the mods will carry on putting in all their hard work and love into this place so that it stays the site that Mika and all of us are proud of :wub2:.

I'm not even saying goodbye, because you're going nowhere so I'll say catch you later :naughty:

It's late. Sara is more clever than I so I just say I agree with this.

One thing though, let's not forget Deb and also Andrew our other Admin who have also been there for a long time and continue to plug away behind the scenes, although they don't make much fuss about it!

And all the sterling work the other mods do.

It's teamwork and that will continue.:thumb_yello:

Freddie, you've had a good run and worked hard on the MFC, which has never gone unnoticed.

Remember that i'm an admin too, working behind the scenes with Team Mika and taking care of all the technical stuff. Between the mods, Deb and me, the MFC will be tip top.

Daisy what are you talking about? :blink:

Robi's post seems perfectly OK to me :dunno:

Agreed! :blink:

And I believe Robi said that just to cheer things up, there were references to MJ's funeral and all... :naughty:

Of course we're sad to see FD leaving the admin job, and the other admin/mods probably are too, so... :dunno:

And Daisy, many many people left not because of the MFC, but because they've lost interest in Mika's work... The ones that have left for MFC issues are a lot less than those who just don't like Mika anymore. :wink2:

As for us, the "resistant" peeps from the early days...we are young and strong and golden and all...but it was obvious that not everyone would stay forever! It's been 3 years, lots of things change! :wink2:

i totally agree, robie was just trying to cheer things up. by no means was she minimizing others feelings :blush-anim-cl:

Well said Kath!! :thumb_yello:

I remember when there wasn't anything on the inernet about Meeks and would wait ..for hours.. on here for a snippet of info as he was so new..now photos get photoshopped and there it is an information overload of MIKA on Inet. funny how things change not always for the better..but good for MIKA, he suceeded in being a star!

To Silver and Mary

they didn't jump down your throat anymore then you jumped on robie's throat. :boxed: she was just conveying her feelings, just like you were. :wink2:

Ok ... man this is hard :aah:

Right so I've been pushing and driving this beautiful place now for well over 3 years , and now it's time I took a step back.

2007 was a year of pushing hard to get MFC recognised and I really have'nt stopped since,the role requires huge effort and I think I'm drained of it all and need to take a backwards step.

I do think MFC is a very different place to what it was in 2007/8,and I was suited to that area better in some ways.

In this role you can't really step away from it,its now a monster..a monster I'm very very proud of, but stlll .. sometimes you wish for something and get it!:aah:

So .. I've decided to step down from the admin position BUT as you see I'm still a huge part of the team and will be right behind Deb with my support whenever it is needed:thumb_yello:

I'm still me! , I'm still right behind MFC , I still LOVE Mika , won't leave and will be just as much on tour and part of this place.

Also,I've made some mistakes,mistakes which have caused some real friction in the team...and sometimes you have to take the feedback and do what is best for the MFC .. and me!:thumb_yello:

So life goes on,Deb has total control of it now,and she is the woman for the job believe me! , lets respect,trust and be right behind her to keep MFC so strong and respected and also for the future!

Thanks for all the support over this time,its meant the world to me .. I'm PROUD of MFC , I hope we stay united (more united) and go on respecting the man we all love.

xxxx

FREDDIE!!! :crybaby:

It's not MFC without you in charge!!! :tears: I remember when I came here that you were head mod, and I figured that you'd be in charge forever!

And mistakes? Geez Fred, we all make them :wink2:....

Oh well, I hope you enjoy not being an admin... and maybe you can start visiting the Aussie thread again... we miss you!

And good luck to Deb and the rest of the mod team... I'm sure you'll do brilliantly without Fred at the helm...

(Oh, btw... when you quit, do you have time to re-open our bar again??)

Ooooh yes! :teehee: I remember that the bar was THE place to be on here!

But you take off that admin hat, and there is still another hat underneath... you still wear your "mod hat" so I am sure there will be plenty of continuing work for you:wink2:

Good to hear that he's staying as part of the team...

It's late. Sara is more clever than I so I just say I agree with this.

One thing though, let's not forget Deb and also Andrew our other Admin who have also been there for a long time and continue to plug away behind the scenes, although they don't make much fuss about it!

And all the sterling work the other mods do.

It's teamwork and that will continue.:thumb_yello:

Agreed...

I think we all need a group hug...

:group_hug:

freddie, freddie, freddie.... i will forever be grateful for everything you have done. mfc grew under your wings and i'm sure this place wouldn't have been the same without your involvement. and for that, i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart :huglove:

but it's not goodbye as i know we are still going to work together.

:group_hug:

p.s. we should have a :mods_hug: smilie :roftl:

Archived