• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, Freddie. Thank you for everything you've done for MFC over the past few years. :huglove:

Allow me a little sentimental moment... MFC is like a patchwork quilt which started with one patch designed by Sunny Monkey when he first created MFC, and has since grown with more and more patches from every admin, mod, and member. And as new patches get added it grows and changes, but that's simply evolution. I don't think we need to look at MFC's changes as a bad thing. 2007 was great, yes, and the vibe was different then for sure. But we know Mika's still got a lot more to offer, and MFC will keep growing and evolving. :wub2: And with dcdeb and StandardToaster as our admins, and a really strong mod team, I think MFC is going to keep getting better. :punk:

So thank you FD, for the patch you've added. I'm glad to hear you're not going to disappear entirely.

This one goes out to you, baby! :naughty:

Finally have a chance to put my 2p in here.

FD already knows how I feel about him :huglove:

We've worked side by side for 3 years now (I can't believe it's been

that long!), and I'd say that we've gotten

to know each other pretty well. He's a good guy with a big heart,

and he can be generous to a fault. He's made so many positive

contributions to the MFC that I've lost count. He's a

good friend, and has the best interests of the MFC

at heart. And I know, for many, he IS the face of the MFC.

But nothing stays the same forever, and I certainly understand

his need to scale things back a bit. Keeping up with everything

going on around here... well, it's a lot.

I appreciate all the votes of confidence from FD and all of you, and

I assure you that the rest of the mod/admin team and I

(believe me, I *don't* work here alone!) will continue

to do our best to keep this a fun place to hang out while waiting

to hear all the latest and greatest news about MIKA. Yes, the

place has grown beyond any of our wildest dreams, and it's different

than it was in 2007, but that doesn't mean it can't still be fantastic

-- "different" doesn't automatically have to equal "bad."

The MFC and its members are made of awesome, and will continue in

their awesomeness in the future! :thumb_yello:

So thank you FD for everything you've done SO FAR. :cheers:

I'm sure there's still lots more to come, and I'm looking forward

to seeing what comes next! :group_hug:

Thank you for everything you've done so far for this community FD:flowers2:

I'm really glad to hear that you're still going to be on MFC. Hopefully now without all the stress and responsibilities of being Admin you'll be able to enjoy being here a lot more.

Deb all the best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll do a great job!!!

Last night i didn't realise (till read BlueSky's message) that Freddie is like MIKA playing Dr John he wears 2 hats. He has given up his ADMIN hat BUT will still be wearing a MOD hat. This is right?? I don't think alot of members realised this either from what they wrote. When Fred wrote he is still gonna be part of the Team... it didn't clarify he was staying as 'heirarchy':roftl:..i for one thought he meant all in this together type team.

NOW i understand why the MODS were subdued with their empathy....see without ALL the facts (they obviously knew he was still a MOD and gonna be here) it's hard to draw the full picture for us non MODS..we need full clarification as some of us are blonde you know :aah:

ps. i also didn't read about the MJ comparison altho dunno how i missed that :wink2:

pps. I have had a couple of members (newbies) say they wish they had been here in the beginning as they have heard it was like a family. As is not like that now and changing so fast and can't keep up and don't like it. (but too scared to posth how they REALLY FEEL) They have only been here for a few months!! (i haven't found the right time/place to post before)

As you can see from the posts it is not just me that thinks a certain way. I am not being controversial for the hell of it. If you feel better blaming me,that's fine I can take it ..I do however think you've overlooked other messages. When people say ..the place isn't how it was, or, isn't the same.. they are not saying they prefer the changes and as it is now at all. Maybe I am completely wrong here??

Obviously we have to move on and take rough with the smooth and hope all will turn out in the end. Yes, we are all in here for the same thing - MIKA. IMO,Also have to keep our feet on the ground and look to see if the changes that are happening are good for EVERYONE new and old.

FD, as Deb said to some you are the face of the MFC, and i am part of that some. I recall haveing various conversations with you in the forums after i joined!

But you do need to sit back and relax a bit! I am sure Deb has everything under control. Thank you for all your contributions :huglove:

I hope you will stay as active in the forums as ever:thumb_yello:

Freddie, you've had a good run and worked hard on the MFC, which has never gone unnoticed.

Remember that i'm an admin too, working behind the scenes with Team Mika and taking care of all the technical stuff. Between the mods, Deb and me, the MFC will be tip top.

I think all of the team here have done a great job. You're all a bit like the Ball Boys and Girls at Wimbledon. We don't always notice you because we're concentrating on the main action, then suddenly something happens and we do notice you, and realise how good at your jobs you all are. Without you all the machine that is MFC would not keep running smoothly.

Well done everybody who moderates and does the admin on the MFC.

Last night i didn't realise (till read BlueSky's message) that Freddie is like MIKA playing Dr John he wears 2 hats. He has given up his ADMIN hat BUT will still be wearing a MOD hat. This is right?? I don't think alot of members realised this either from what they wrote. When Fred wrote he is still gonna be part of the Team... it didn't clarify he was staying as 'heirarchy':roftl:..i for one thought he meant all in this together type team.

NOW i understand why the MODS were subdued with their empathy....see without ALL the facts (they obviously knew he was still a MOD and gonna be here) it's hard to draw the full picture for us non MODS..we need full clarification as some of us are blonde you know :aah:

ps. i also didn't read about the MJ comparison altho dunno how i missed that :wink2:

pps. I have had a couple of members (newbies) say they wish they had been here in the beginning as they have heard it was like a family. As is not like that now and changing so fast and can't keep up and don't like it. (but too scared to posth how they REALLY FEEL) They have only been here for a few months!! (i haven't found the right time/place to post before)

As you can see from the posts it is not just me that thinks a certain way. I am not being controversial for the hell of it. If you feel better blaming me,that's fine I can take it ..I do however think you've overlooked other messages. When people say ..the place isn't how it was, or, isn't the same.. they are not saying they prefer the changes and as it is now at all. Maybe I am completely wrong here??

Obviously we have to move on and take rough with the smooth and hope all will turn out in the end. Yes, we are all in here for the same thing - MIKA. IMO,Also have to keep our feet on the ground and look to see if the changes that are happening are good for EVERYONE new and old.

*pats* We all have our moments when we miss stuff :wink2:

I understand what you're saying and you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not sure that this is exactly the right place to discuss what's in the second half of your post. I know that it was brought up here, but maybe we could move the conversation elsewhere? :dunno:

Hey, I was reading different threads today about pple not knowing things about MFC and I had an idea. I know this is not quite the right place to write about that, but I don't know where else to post is.

The idea is this: Perhaps some of the "old" MFCers could find some spare time and write something like a "Short Story of MFC" for all the newbies like me who are still asking questions. It could be just one page or so, with some names of the first admins and mods and how it all began and some important moments, like special gigs, meetings with the Mastah and jokes and stuff? And some pics? I know there are such things about this chicken joke, but this would be more complete and since MFC will last forevah :teehee:, perhaps it would be a good idea to start with this early and not forget the beginnings.

What do you think? :wink2: Freddie? Now you have soooo much spare time. :teehee:

Hey, I was reading different threads today about pple not knowing things about MFC and I had an idea. I know this is not quite the right place to write about that, but I don't know where else to post is.

The idea is this: Perhaps some of the "old" MFCers could find some spare time and write something like a "Short Story of MFC" for all the newbies like me who are still asking questions. It could be just one page or so, with some names of the first admins and mods and how it all began and some important moments, like special gigs, meetings with the Mastah and jokes and stuff? And some pics? I know there are such things about this chicken joke, but this would be more complete and since MFC will last forevah :teehee:, perhaps it would be a good idea to start with this early and not forget the beginnings.

What do you think? :wink2: Freddie? Now you have soooo much spare time. :teehee:

Ooooooh, good idea!

I definitely nominate Freddie... seeing as he's been here for so long :fisch:

just to say a big :thumb_yello:thank you from me for everything you have done to make MFC the fab site it is today. Glad to hear youre staying on as a mod, and that you arent actually _leaving_ MFC just stepping back a bit,

And also wanted to say thanks to the other admins and mods who will continue to take the site forward

:biggrin2:

Ha yeah, maybe we could start a project. Collaborate with older members and newbies...?

That could work... cause we don't want Freddie to wear himself out or anything :teehee:

Seriously though, we could put a list of all concerts, festivals, tv appearances etc in date order... that would be kinda cool...

Ooooooh, good idea!

I definitely nominate Freddie... seeing as he's been here for so long :fisch:

Oh lord, please don't make me tell the ruddy penguin story again!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Oh lord, please don't make me tell the ruddy penguin story again!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

:lmfao:

Maybe we'll just cut and paste it from your report, shall we? :naughty:

I also would love to read the " old " stories about the MFC even I missed the first year. Please do it :wink2:

I'd love to read the old stories just for the memories!

cannot ppl simply read the archives? :lmfao:

sorry peeps, i hope FD has better things to do :teehee:

and we have some 'MFC history' in the FAQ, 'inside jokes' and such :biggrin2:

Yes, but there are only 4 answers about the jokes and the information about MFC is mostly administrative stuff: how to send a PM and so on.

I meant something about the "soul" of MFC if I can use that expression. It could just be a story about MFC, the first members, when the first meeting took place, who came up with the idea for MFC at the first place, Mika's invitation in this bar last year (just a few sentences and prhps 1 or 2 pics and a link to someone's report about the event). It doesn't have to be written all at once, it can just grow and people can contribute stuff only if they want to and only if they have the time. At first, only some kind of structure would be enough ("2007/2008/2009/2010" or "People behind MFC/special moments/inside jokes/Reports/")

Yes, but there are only 4 answers about the jokes and the information about MFC is mostly administrative stuff: how to send a PM and so on.

I meant something about the "soul" of MFC if I can use that expression. It could just be a story about MFC, the first members, when the first meeting took place, who came up with the idea for MFC at the first place, Mika's invitation in this bar last year (just a few sentences and prhps 1 or 2 pics and a link to someone's report about the event). It doesn't have to be written all at once, it can just grow and people can contribute stuff only if they want to and only if they have the time. At first, only some kind of structure would be enough ("2007/2008/2009/2010" or "People behind MFC/special moments/inside jokes/Reports/")

Here is info on the bar thingie:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19595&highlight=ground+floor

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19614&page=10&highlight=ground+floor'>http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19614&page=10&highlight=ground+floor

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19614

FD and I each wrote something like this for Mika's birthday

present last year. I'm sure I still have what I wrote and I can post it --

I think we can probably dig up what FD wrote as well. I'll look around

for it and will get it online here ASAP. :thumb_yello:

FD and I each wrote something like this for the yearbook last year

that went to MIKA. I'm sure I still have what I wrote and I can post it --

I think we can probably dig up what FD wrote as well. I'll look around

for it and will get it online here ASAP. :thumb_yello:

"reach out to me" :thumb_yello:

Archived