REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika @ Festival des Vieilles Charrues 16 JULY 2010

Christine

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The vids are really good quality!!! t4p

GK in French played on the piano as though it was an acoustic gig is absolutely amazing:wub2: Reminds me of Cirque d'hiver.

I think too that it looks more like a gig than a festival:biggrin2:

Hi !

The gig was truly amazing, Mika and the band were very great, and 55 000 persons were dancing ! :teehee: I had so much fun with my friends in the front row :P

Mika did Rain, BIOTH, Kick Ass and Happy Ending shirtless :blink:(in spite of it was coooold ! we all were wearing rain cut and sweater ^^). He also did GK in french and Relax at the end.

Here's two of my vids and 5 pics, i haven't time to post more photos, sorry :s (I can post it when i'll come back from holiday if you want :wink2:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeiTibftogs

111.jpg

211.jpg

311.jpg

410.jpg

511.jpg

Edited by Nanouch

ooh, i think this should be posted here too!

Not sure it's the good place for this but anyway, there was a small report on this Gig on "France 2" television news today (Mika at the end):

:teehee:

Translated only Mika's part (cause yea, i know thats what you wanna see :lmfao:)

(They said it rained... there will be a 1000 artists on stage (:shocked:) during 4 days. Talked about NTM, Diams)

(From 00:58)

Journalist: But in front of an audience of 55 000 people, theres a reason to be stressed. *people singing Relax* Even when your name is Mika, and you sold 19 million albums.

Mika: when i do a new festival, i'm always stressed. But i think its normal. Theres alot of people here!

Journalist: But in the end, no more doubts. Mika's pop transports the audience. An enchanted parenthesis, until the end of the night.

awww:wub2:

Sorry if this has been posted already, Mika's interview at Les Vieilles Charrues for Europe 1

I can translate if needed :wink2:

Mika-630x420_scalewidth_135.jpg

Musique 16/07/2010 - 23:29

Mika : "jamais le même show"

http://www.europe1.fr/Musique/Mika-jamais-le-meme-show-236496/

Mika, qui a joué aux Vieilles Charrues vendredi, veut "faire mieux sur scène que sur les albums".

Au micro de Steven Bellery, sur Europe 1.

Mika-630x420_scalewidth_135.jpg

Musique 16/07/2010 - 23:29

Mika : "jamais le même show"

http://www.europe1.fr/Musique/Mika-jamais-le-meme-show-236496/

Mika, qui a joué aux Vieilles Charrues vendredi, veut "faire mieux sur scène que sur les albums".

Au micro de Steven Bellery, sur Europe 1.

Translation:

Mika: The way to get ready is always the same, but the show isnt. It has to evolve. It's not the same show i did in Parc des Princes or in Bercy a few months ago. It's totally different. Theres alot more participation from the audience, and more risks. Theres always alot more risks in festivals. You never know, you cant control everything. And im always only satisfied when i create something. Otherwise i'm unhappy and im lazy. I cant write when im on tour, its a whole different way of living. When i talk to other artists, they tell me im crazy. But im so obsessed with the show, with the pressure of singing well, of giving something on stage thats better than on CD. I wanna be better on stage then on my albums. I want the voice to be better, more interesting and changing more. I like the idea that in a pop show, you can have moments of visual poetry. It's like the people get in my word for a few hours.