2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: MIKA @ The Circus, Helsinki, Finland - 30-JUL

Christine

Can I still say one more time that I'm childishly happy he is doing Sweet Dreams again and did it in Helsinki too :wub2: I missed it 2008 but now I've finally heard it live (actually three times :teehee:). And it's very different now, but it's something I've always wanted to hear.

Can I still say one more time that I'm childishly happy he is doing Sweet Dreams again and did it in Helsinki too :wub2: I missed it 2008 but now I've finally heard it live (actually three times :teehee:). And it's very different now, but it's something I've always wanted to hear.

Yes you can and just did:mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have some pics, but I don't know about the quality of them, but ... just thinking you would like to see more photos never published before. I don't have a lot so maybe little is enough. c:

try this <-- easier way

Yep, I'm way too lazy to put them one by one. Sorry... :---D

I literally was stuck in the middle of that place and fans, so I didn't get good pics or even videos. But try to understand those confusing pictures. :biggrin2:

Edited by Jasmin

I have some pics, but I don't know about the quality of them, but ... just thinking you would like to see more photos never published before. I don't have a lot so maybe little is enough. c:

try this <-- easier way

Yep, I'm way too lazy to put them one by one. Sorry... :---D

I literally was stuck in the middle of that place and fans, so I didn't get good pics or even videos. But try to understand those confusing pictures. :biggrin2:

Thanks for posting !!

I love this pics :swoon:

dscf6842.th.jpg

• 7 years later...

Here's the original review of the gig from our main newspaper. There's a translation somewhere in the thread if interested. It's a bit difficult to translate because the language is quite colorful, there really are no exact words to use in English, but the tone in the review is very positive. The writer was in a good mood I think. 

IMG_7494.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tiibet said:

Here's the original review of the gig from our main newspaper. There's a translation somewhere in the thread if interested. It's a bit difficult to translate because the language is quite colorful, there really are no exact words to use in English, but the tone in the review is very positive. The writer was in a good mood I think. 

IMG_7494.jpg

On 2010/8/2 at 10:19 PM, Marianne84 said:

No, it's by another journalist, a man, may I say. :naughty: Here it comes. But excuse me if some things sound weird. The grammar in Finnish is so different that frankly: some things are impossible to translate so that they sound the same. In addition, we have so many rich adjectives that I had to think a lot to find equivalents for them. I didn't always succeed. :aah: There wasn't a picture, but the review makes up for it. This is the most hilarious thing I've read in a long time! :biggrin2:

The Spring Man in Full Swing

Mika at The Circus on Friday

Concert. The audience screams loud when four giant plush letters bound onto the sunflower-lined stage of Circus the nightclub. He is here today and for the first time in Finland, even if it has already been three years since his breakthrough: the Lebanese-born British singer Michael Penniman aka Mika still seems to interest, as there is a lot of audience present despite the quite expensive ticket price of 50 Euros.

The audience lives along briskly from the beginning to the end, and why wouldn’t they. Mika is an expressive, funny and energetic showman, who wriggles on stage dripping sweat, with a top hat on his head, springy like a gymnast. He sings convincingly and honks an imaginary trumpet through his fingers. Hilarious to watch.

The songs strike clearly better live than on record. The five-piece band backing him up and the swinging dancers in their neon-coloured bride’s veils and masks who have apparently been picked from the audience drive the easy and catchy songs to a fine fly. There is plenty of wittiness: in the middle of it all Mika and the lead guitarist play with the theme of the Top Gun movie, and at the end a giant plush doll is laid on the hands of the audience.

The night is opened with the excellent Relax, Take It Easy and the hilarious Big Girl (You Are Beautiful). We hear the Eurythmics cover Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), Grace Kelly and the Pop Cabaret type Lollipop in the row of hits at the end. The audience sings longingly along Happy Ending. Musically, visually and as a singer Mika takes a stand where Robbie Williams and Rufus Wainwright are.

Judging by the audience Mika is in the favour of sexual minorities. When Mika throws his T-shirt away in the middle of the concert during the saucy song Rain and dances with these Dwayne Wayne humour glasses on he has picked up from the audience, even a straight person is astonished. Handsome fellow, appealing show.

Aleksi Kinnunen

Thanks a lot for sharing @tiibet :flowers2:

• Like 2

• silver changed the title to 2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: MIKA @ The Circus, Helsinki, Finland - 30-JUL