2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: MIKA @ The Circus, Helsinki, Finland - 30-JUL

Christine

So, here is my framazing report!

Going to Helsinki wasn't the easiest thing to do. At Dusseldorf airport they thought we looked very suspicious and I almost had to undress and Bubbles' bag was double checked if he hadn't brought any drugs. Then the handle of my bag broke so it was all kinda eventful. Anyway, flight from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam was cool, in Amsterdam we had to wait ridiculously long before the other flight went (I slept on the floor of the airport because I didn't have any sleep the night before, some crazy cat attacked me:mf_rosetinted:) and well eventually we landed in Helsinki huzah.

May I also say huray to KLM for being so awesome. It's that Dutch mentality:naughty: Free food and drinks! :wub2:

Anyways, we were so tired and lazy we took a taxi to the hotel which looked absolutely stunning from the outside and ofcourse also from the inside. The lady was very friendly and explained exactly where the venue was. Then we decided to check it out. She said it was a 15 minute walk but I don't think it was. Much less...or we just walked really fast. We found it right away even though our direction talent sucks bad and saw 3 girls lying there. It was around 6 I think. Bubbles thought they could be there for something else but I saw their sleeping bags and said: "They are here for Mika, unless Tokio Hotel comes in 3 weeks." Turned out the next day they were TH fans as well. I am so awesome!

We refused to give up our nice cosy beds and overpriced minibar and after sneaking in some McDonalds to our room, we went to bed and woke up at 5 in the morning, arriving at the venue at 6. We were already number 11 and 12 but saw some familiar faces. It's always a pleasure to see old friends and meet new:wub2:

We were there for only half an hour when a man approached us. And well, I can never shut up and when he asked what we were doing here I made him believe I was a singer and I was performing that night and just wanted to get in touch with my fans for some inner bonding. I also told him to buy a ticket which he said he would and also to buy my albums. Life in Cartoon Motion and The Girl Who Knew Too Much. He then went away and another guy came and I also started talking to him, even though everyone told me to shut the feck up. He wanted me to sit next to him but I refused. Then the other dude came back and insisted on being my manager. I hired him and fired him 5 minutes later and then the other guy went into the venue. I gave everyone my "See, I know what I'm doing look":mf_rosetinted:

Queueing was very relaxed even though there were some worries about conspiracies and stuff. Also had a nice chat with Babs, even though we had to sit under the table in case any of our fellow group members would find out and we'd be traitors and have to flee to Antartica:mf_rosetinted: I don't like Antartica, it's too cold for me.

So, then we made the line and the other queue was so incredibly long, I was so glad we had an MFC queue. When we were let in, it almost went wrong and 2 of the other queue managed to get in before us and we had to scream to get the security to stop more. I got front row, Martin's side and it was awesome.

The waiting was long and even though there barely was any pushing, it was insanely hot. Can I just give kudos to how it was handled as well? We got water before and during the gig to stop us from getting dehydrated and I even got earplugs because I was so close to the speakers. I thought that totally rocked!

Anyways, support act came on. It was kinda weird and not really my thing. But we danced a lot anyway and just had fun. However, it wouldn't have been my choice.

Got a lot of water again and then finally the band and Mika came! Was great to see that during the first song, he went over to our side, looked at us and got this huge smile on his face. He really does appreciate it:wub2:

Also another funny moment was during big girl, he stood in front of us, got his cheeky smile and came closer and closer and then put the mic towards Bubbles and made him sing, it was awesome. Also had a nice moment at the BIOTG singing contest when he let the other side win and I did a thumbs down and he just shrugged:naughty:

But for me the most special thing was that during the last Love Love Me of Love Today, he was at our side and pointed to all the MFCers he knew. It was incredibly sweet and made me go awww:wub2:

It was one of those gigs where you are sweating so much and everyone is sweating that at a sudden point you have no clue whose sweat you have on you anymore. I think I had sweat from everyone around me, plus Mika and Martin and Martin also accidentally spit on me which wasn't the most pleasant thing XD

It was obvious he was having the time of his life and so was the crowd. The energy and the satisfaction of finally having him there was amazing and I feel blessed to have been there to experience it.

M&G was very relaxed, even though I was soaked in sweat. he was very happy to see all the familiar faces and was very talkative and happy. I was very glad that he fully remembered me. He came and said Hi How are you? And he put put his hand but mine was too full so I shook his hand with 2 fingers:naughty: I told him I had 2 things for him and that he had to choose which he would like first. He ofcourse chose the colourful package. I gave him a dogtag with a message on it and explained that if he was leaving us to record his new album, he could look at it and get inspiration or something:roftl: He thought it was very sweet and said he liked it. Then I gave him the USB stick with the Birthday video on it.

It went something like this. I can't recall exactly but Mellody has it on video, so huzah!

I: This is the birthday video for you...which means you can watch it..on your birthday.

M: Oh really? I will watch it on my birthday. Should I be scared? I am scared!

*I knew he was kidding*

I with big puppy eyes: Whyyyy? Did I ever scare you?

*He thought I was serious*

M: Nooo! I was only teasing you!

I: Ah ok, well I think about 76 people from around the world sent in a video.

M: Really? That's amazing! I will definately watch it...on my birthday.

Then he went on and after I almost licked Babs' face we went back to the hotel and had sweet dreams:wub2:

Next day, sight seeing with some MFCers, it was so much fun:wub2:

Then off to home again, once again, at Helsinki airport they thought I was some criminal and double checked my bag, taking everything out, rescanning it and then come back and say: It's ok, so you pack it yourself? Good.

It was so rude! At least say you're sorry for the inconvenience.:sneaky2:

Back in Amsterdam we decided to go back home by train instead of waiting 5 hours again and at KLM they were very glad I told them and they gave me a cookie...nah they didn't do that but still they were very nice, I love me some KLM!:thumb_yello:

I can feel that my Mika love won't be gone very soon. He is just too fecking amazing, as well is the band and not to forget all the MFCers who made it so amazing! I loved seeing all the old faces and meeting new ones! It's always a pleasure having you guys around and if it wasn't for you, the gig wouldn't be half as much fun:wub2:

I can't wait for more:wub2:

So, here is my framazing report!

Going to Helsinki wasn't the easiest thing to do. At Dusseldorf airport they thought we looked very suspicious and I almost had to undress and Bubbles' bag was double checked if he hadn't brought any drugs. Then the handle of my bag broke so it was all kinda eventful. Anyway, flight from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam was cool, in Amsterdam we had to wait ridiculously long before the other flight went (I slept on the floor of the airport because I didn't have any sleep the night before, some crazy cat attacked me:mf_rosetinted:) and well eventually we landed in Helsinki huzah.

May I also say huray to KLM for being so awesome. It's that Dutch mentality:naughty: Free food and drinks! :wub2:

Anyways, we were so tired and lazy we took a taxi to the hotel which looked absolutely stunning from the outside and ofcourse also from the inside. The lady was very friendly and explained exactly where the venue was. Then we decided to check it out. She said it was a 15 minute walk but I don't think it was. Much less...or we just walked really fast. We found it right away even though our direction talent sucks bad and saw 3 girls lying there. It was around 6 I think. Bubbles thought they could be there for something else but I saw their sleeping bags and said: "They are here for Mika, unless Tokio Hotel comes in 3 weeks." Turned out the next day they were TH fans as well. I am so awesome!

We refused to give up our nice cosy beds and overpriced minibar and after sneaking in some McDonalds to our room, we went to bed and woke up at 5 in the morning, arriving at the venue at 6. We were already number 11 and 12 but saw some familiar faces. It's always a pleasure to see old friends and meet new:wub2:

We were there for only half an hour when a man approached us. And well, I can never shut up and when he asked what we were doing here I made him believe I was a singer and I was performing that night and just wanted to get in touch with my fans for some inner bonding. I also told him to buy a ticket which he said he would and also to buy my albums. Life in Cartoon Motion and The Girl Who Knew Too Much. He then went away and another guy came and I also started talking to him, even though everyone told me to shut the feck up. He wanted me to sit next to him but I refused. Then the other dude came back and insisted on being my manager. I hired him and fired him 5 minutes later and then the other guy went into the venue. I gave everyone my "See, I know what I'm doing look":mf_rosetinted:

Queueing was very relaxed even though there were some worries about conspiracies and stuff. Also had a nice chat with Babs, even though we had to sit under the table in case any of our fellow group members would find out and we'd be traitors and have to flee to Antartica:mf_rosetinted: I don't like Antartica, it's too cold for me.

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

No, it's by another journalist, a man, may I say. :naughty: Here it comes. But excuse me if some things sound weird. The grammar in Finnish is so different that frankly: some things are impossible to translate so that they sound the same. In addition, we have so many rich adjectives that I had to think a lot to find equivalents for them. I didn't always succeed. :aah: There wasn't a picture, but the review makes up for it. This is the most hilarious thing I've read in a long time! :biggrin2:

The Spring Man in Full Swing

Mika at The Circus on Friday

Concert. The audience screams loud when four giant plush letters bound onto the daisy-lined stage of Circus the nightclub. He is here today and for the first time in Finland, even if it has already been three years since his breakthrough: the Lebanese-born British singer Michael Penniman aka Mika still seems to interest, as there is a lot of audience present despite the quite expensive ticket price of 50 Euros.

The audience lives along briskly from the beginning to the end, and why wouldn’t they. Mika is an expressive, funny and energetic showman, who wriggles on stage dripping sweat, with a top hat on his head, springy like a gymnast. He sings convincingly and honks an imaginary trumpet through his fingers. Hilarious to watch.

The songs strike clearly better live than on record. The five-piece band backing him up and the swinging dancers in their neon-coloured bride’s veils and masks who have apparently been picked from the audience drive the easy and catchy songs to a fine fly. There is plenty of wittiness: in the middle of it all Mika and the lead guitarist play with the theme of the Top Gun movie, and at the end a giant plush doll is laid on the hands of the audience.

The night is opened with the excellent Relax, Take It Easy and the hilarious Big Girl (You Are Beautiful). We hear the Eurythmics cover Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), Grace Kelly and the Pop Cabaret type Lollipop in the row of hits at the end. Happy Ending plays longing community singing.* Musically, visually and as a singer Mika takes a stand where Robbie Williams and Rufus Wainwright are.

Judging by the audience Mika is in the favour of sexual minorities. When Mika throws his T-shirt away in the middle of the concert during the saucy song Rain and dances with these Dwayne Wayne humour glasses on he has picked up from the audience, even a straight person is astonished. Handsome fellow, appealing show.

Aleksi Kinnunen

*This sentence doesn't make much sense, I know.

I second every word of that!:wub2:

This show is defo in my top 3!

So, then we made the line and the other queue was so incredibly long, I was so glad we had an MFC queue. When we were let in, it almost went wrong and 2 of the other queue managed to get in before us and we had to scream to get the security to stop more. I got front row, Martin's side and it was awesome.

The waiting was long and even though there barely was any pushing, it was insanely hot. Can I just give kudos to how it was handled as well? We got water before and during the gig to stop us from getting dehydrated and I even got earplugs because I was so close to the speakers. I thought that totally rocked!

Anyways, support act came on. It was kinda weird and not really my thing. But we danced a lot anyway and just had fun. However, it wouldn't have been my choice.

Got a lot of water again and then finally the band and Mika came! Was great to see that during the first song, he went over to our side, looked at us and got this huge smile on his face. He really does appreciate it:wub2 :

Also another funny moment was during big girl, he stood in front of us, got his cheeky smile and came closer and closer and then put the mic towards Bubbles and made him sing, it was awesome. Also had a nice moment at the BIOTG singing contest when he let the other side win and I did a thumbs down and he just shrugged:naughty :

But for me the most special thing was that during the last Love Love Me of Love Today, he was at our side and pointed to all the MFCers he knew. It was incredibly sweet and made me go awww:wub2 :

It was one of those gigs where you are sweating so much and everyone is sweating that at a sudden point you have no clue whose sweat you have on you anymore. I think I had sweat from everyone around me, plus Mika and Martin and Martin also accidentally spit on me which wasn't the most pleasant thing XD

It was obvious he was having the time of his life and so was the crowd. The energy and the satisfaction of finally having him there was amazing and I feel blessed to have been there to experience it.

M&G was very relaxed, even though I was soaked in sweat. he was very happy to see all the familiar faces and was very talkative and happy. I was very glad that he fully remembered me. He came and said Hi How are you? And he put put his hand but mine was too full so I shook his hand with 2 fingers:naughty: I told him I had 2 things for him and that he had to choose which he would like first. He ofcourse chose the colourful package. I gave him a dogtag with a message on it and explained that if he was leaving us to record his new album, he could look at it and get inspiration or something:roftl: He thought it was very sweet and said he liked it. Then I gave him the USB stick with the Birthday video on it.

It went something like this. I can't recall exactly but Mellody has it on video, so huzah!

I: This is the birthday video for you...which means you can watch it..on your birthday.

M: Oh really? I will watch it on my birthday. Should I be scared? I am scared!

*I knew he was kidding*

I with big puppy eyes: Whyyyy? Did I ever scare you?

*He thought I was serious*

M: Nooo! I was only teasing you!

I: Ah ok, well I think about 76 people from around the world sent in a video.

M: Really? That's amazing! I will definately watch it...on my birthday.

Then he went on and after I almost licked Babs' face we went back to the hotel and had sweet dreams:wub2:

Next day, sight seeing with some MFCers, it was so much fun:wub2:

Then off to home again, once again, at Helsinki airport they thought I was some criminal and double checked my bag, taking everything out, rescanning it and then come back and say: It's ok, so you pack it yourself? Good.

It was so rude! At least say you're sorry for the inconvenience.:sneaky2:

Back in Amsterdam we decided to go back home by train instead of waiting 5 hours again and at KLM they were very glad I told them and they gave me a cookie...nah they didn't do that but still they were very nice, I love me some KLM!:thumb_yello:

I can feel that my Mika love won't be gone very soon. He is just too fecking amazing, as well is the band and not to forget all the MFCers who made it so amazing! I loved seeing all the old faces and meeting new ones! It's always a pleasure having you guys around and if it wasn't for you, the gig wouldn't be half as much fun:wub2:

I can't wait for more:wub2:

Awww, Ingie! I just sneaked in this thread and only read your report (will check out everything else soon too :teehee:)

Love it, thank you for writing it that funny, for finding the right words to express this certain kind of special "MFC-/Mika-feeling" and for sharing so many :fangurl:-moments :wub2: Sounds very special! Can't wait for the Fringe now!!

And thanks for giving him the birthday vid :thumb_yello:

Was also funny when we arrived at the bus station I heard someone say HEY INGRID! HOW WAS HELSINKI? and it was Navah, probably the only other MFCer and insane Mika fan from my town:roftl: Such a coincidence:teehee:

I second every word of that!:wub2:

This show is defo in my top 3!

Mine too! To think about it, my three favourites must now be this one, Gasometer in Vienna and Sadler's Wells in London. :wub2:

By the way, I should have written 'sunflower-lined', or 'lined with sunflowers' in my translation. There was nothing about daisies in it. I double-checked everything else except that. :blush-anim-cl:

I thought you were joking about that. :roftl: Nice report! I still haven't brought myself to write my review. I'll do that tomorrow.

It took me three years to realize there is a fan club for Mika, but better late than never, right?

Thanks to all the people on the queue for civilizing me. (:

At first I gotta admit, I was one of the three girls who slept outside the venue. We queued in total of 25,5 hours outside. And it was totally forth it. We had no idea when fans were going to show up so we wanted to play it safe and go really early (at 4.23 pm. to be exact..). I was there with my big sister and my friend and 'cause it was the first Mika concert for all of us, it was very important for us to be in as good places as possible. I ended up as being the first one. It was the best feeling ever to see the number one in my hand and realize that I'm really the first.

And what can I say about the concert. I've been to over 50 concerts during the 17 years of my life and this was (hands down) the best one I've ever been in. I had the best place (in the front row right there where mika was the most), Mika was great, the set list was fantastic(!) and it was just something that I'll cherish for the rest of my life!

There were only four things that putted my spirits down a little bit.

1. The waiting before and after the opening act (who was pretty much a waste of time anyway...)

2. It was HOT! I'm so glad they gave us water during the whole show (even in the middle of songs), we would've been dehydrated without it..

3. I realized the day after the concert that I have this sore stripe on my stomach. As you all know by now, there was no barrier between the crowd and the stage and when people pushed us forward, we crushed to the stage (I was lying on the stage more than once and couldn't breathe..) Me, my sister and my friend all had these stripes. And they really hurted....

4. I got a setlist after the concert and realized that Toy Boy was listed as an encore song, but they didn't play it. I like the song very much and was pretty disappointed.

There were a lot of discussion about mika coming to meet us after the show. The fact that he did, made that they officially one of the best days of my intire life. He signed my setlist (actually he tried to sign it two times.... (; ) and i was so happy for my friend (and the new friends I got queuing) for getting a pic with mika. Maybe I'll get one of my own some day..

After the concert we decided that this will defnitely not be our last mika concert. We started planning a trip abrouad as well. Unfortunately the Tallin show was only couple days away so we could'nt go there.

And one of the best things in the whole concert was "my moment with Mika", as I like to call it. He was soaking wet and when he spinned around during Blame it on the girls I got lot of his sweat on my face. I wiped in off, he saw it, laughed at me, walked away a bit, turned back, shaked his head to splatter his sweat on me again, laughed some more and kept an eye-contact for a while. It was so awesome! <3 (it's funny how getting someones sweat on you can be so awesome.. but it was..)

You can see it on this video from 0:17--->

Sorry for the overly long and confusing report, I'm still quite a mess when I'll have tell something about the concert. That's how awesome it was!

And yes, I'm a bit hysteric fan, but hey, I'm a teenager so I have the right.. (;

We found it right away even though our direction talent sucks bad and saw 3 girls lying there. It was around 6 I think. Bubbles thought they could be there for something else but I saw their sleeping bags and said: "They are here for Mika, unless Tokio Hotel comes in 3 weeks." Turned out the next day they were TH fans as well. I am so awesome.

And I'll have to correct this at once!

None of us likes TH! :blink:

I don't know where you got that idea from, but it's so not true. (:

Thank you for the great gig! The gig was just like so fabulous! The supporting act was terrible, i seriously couldnt listen to it. But when MIKA and THE BAND came on stage i was like in heaven!!!!!!!! Imma was singing right in front of me and when they were playing Big Girl she pointed at me and started laughing!!!! OMG!!!!

Anyway the gig was the best! :biggrin2:

the athmosphere was really nice, and like everyone seemed to have the best time of their life.

I got to meet MIKA with my friend netta, because she made me take part in this contest and then a man called me like 4 hours before the show that i had won!!! WOHOOO!!!!

Mika told us (in the m&g) that he enjoyed performing in finland because of the people, and told us that it was a big mistake not to come to finland earlier !

Anyway, im off to tallinn tomorrow to see him again :D

Hi Menni,

thank you for your report and welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. Nice to know who got his sweat :roftl:

I know it's the most ridiculous story (all my friends and my family who I have told it to have laughed at me..) but the eye-contact with him and the knowlegde that he saw me and knew I was there was so important to me (even though I looked like crap because of the heat...) (:

Thanks for the new reports!!! :biggrin2::wub2::wub2:

And one of the best things in the whole concert was "my moment with Mika", as I like to call it. He was soaking wet and when he spinned around during Blame it on the girls I got lot of his sweat on my face. I wiped in off, he saw it, laughed at me, walked away a bit, turned back, shaked his head to splatter his sweat on me again, laughed some more and kept an eye-contact for a while. It was so awesome! <3 (it's funny how getting someones sweat on you can be so awesome.. but it was..)

:roftl:

Slightly gross, but mostly sweet :wub2::naughty:

Welcome to the MFC! :biggrin2:

I know it's the most ridiculous story (all my friends and my family who I have told it to have laughed at me..) but the eye-contact with him and the knowlegde that he saw me and knew I was there was so important to me (even though I looked like crap because of the heat...) (:

I think a lot of people here understand exactly how you felt and still feel and I don´t laugh about your expirience. I saw this scene 2 days ago and thought " what a lucky person!" And I know what it means to have eyecontact....

Thanks for the new reports! :thumb_yello:

I really enjoyed reading them.

After the concert we decided that this will defnitely not be our last mika concert.

Well, looks like you got infected with Mika-gig-fever then. There's no cure :wink2:

@Marianne: Thanks for the answer. Such a shame I can't read the original poetic Finnish version :aah:

At first I gotta admit, I was one of the three girls who slept outside the venue. We queued in total of 25,5 hours outside. And it was totally forth it. We had no idea when fans were going to show up so we wanted to play it safe and go really early (at 4.23 pm. to be exact..). I was there with my big sister and my friend and 'cause it was the first Mika concert for all of us, it was very important for us to be in as good places as possible. I ended up as being the first one. It was the best feeling ever to see the number one in my hand and realize that I'm really the first.

wow! that's long...actually, I think we have new record:naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: sweet!

Welcome to the MFC to you and lorkku :flowers2:

Oh, I know that this is coming a little bit late but hopefully someone will still read this. (: (Actually this is my first post in here, I finally had enough courage to make an account.. : D) Please don't bit me, leave that to Mika. (;

It was our first attending to Mika's concert because I'm too young to travel around the world with my sister (at least that's what my parents think, and they're not interested to run after a shirtless man, I wonder why..) so I bet you can guess how we were feeling when we heard that the man of our dreams is coming to our home country. So when the long waited day arrived, we took a train to Helsinki (the journey was almost eight hours long) and somehow we managed to get in the second row! I laughed when I read Ingie's report - we were just behind you two!

At first I thought that you were just a b*tch because you didn’t let those little girls go in front of you (we were surprised that their parent's actually let them to go there alone) but when those girls left to go find their mom, it didn't bother me anymore. Plus, I can't forget the fact that your long hair was all over my face - next time I'm going to give you a hairnet. x) Anyway, I loved you're dress, it was so Gagaish. ;> I hope that I didn't bruise you or break your eardrums with my lovely voice. :-----D

Oh, anyway back to the gig! Everybody was amazing there, and Mika was so sweet when he spoke in Finnish - like introducing the band and all. (: He gave me a sunflower and I couldn't be anymore happier about it (someone tried nastily steal it but my sister stopped it, I'm loving her even more for that)! In fact, we're trying to dry it and I hope that it will succeed. We would've wanted to meet Mika so badly, but maybe we will finally travel around the world for it. :3 <3

- A little creature, who is trying to swallow her jealousy and be happy for everyone else >8)