2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: MIKA @ The Circus, Helsinki, Finland - 30-JUL

Christine

Oh, I know that this is coming a little bit late but hopefully someone will still read this. (: (Actually this is my first post in here, I finally had enough courage to make an account.. : D) Please don't bit me, leave that to Mika. (;

It was our first attending to Mika's concert because I'm too young to travel around the world with my sister (at least that's what my parents think, and they're not interested to run after a shirtless man, I wonder why..) so I bet you can guess how we were feeling when we heard that the man of our dreams is coming to our home country. So when the long waited day arrived, we took a train to Helsinki (the journey was almost eight hours long) and somehow we managed to get in the second row! I laughed when I read Ingie's report - we were just behind you two!

At first I thought that you were just a b*tch because you didn’t let those little girls go in front of you (we were surprised that their parent's actually let them to go there alone) but when those girls left to go find their mom, it didn't bother me anymore. Plus, I can't forget the fact that your long hair was all over my face - next time I'm going to give you a hairnet. x) Anyway, I loved you're dress, it was so Gagaish. ;> I hope that I didn't bruise you or break your eardrums with my lovely voice. :-----D

Oh, anyway back to the gig! Everybody was amazing there, and Mika was so sweet when he spoke in Finnish - like introducing the band and all. (: He gave me a sunflower and I couldn't be anymore happier about it (someone tried nastily steal it but my sister stopped it, I'm loving her even more for that)! In fact, we're trying to dry it and I hope that it will succeed. We would've wanted to meet Mika so badly, but maybe we will finally travel around the world for it. :3 <3

- A little creature, who is trying to swallow her jealousy and be happy for everyone else >8)

Thank you for your nice report and welcome to the MFC. No one will bite you here, most of us are very very very nice people and the rest are very very nice people.

Thank you so much for all the reports from everyone. I love it to read and look to the pictures and to the first videos. Thank you! :biggrin2:

I was there, too but really I can't believe that you finlandian girls also didn't like the support act. I liked it - at least more than the german and the french ones - and the audience was such on fire with these crazy three men. :naughty:

Thank you so much for all the reports from everyone. I love it to read and look to the pictures and to the first videos. Thank you! :biggrin2:

I was there, too but really I can't believe that you finlandian girls also didn't like the support act. I liked it - at least more than the german and the french ones - and the audience was such on fire with these crazy three men. :naughty:

As for the supporting act, it was a little bit crazy, but I liked it too:biggrin2: I already found his songs on youtube:teehee: Interesting man...I'm not about that kind of music, but it wasn't boring!

My friend said, that she doesn't really like him, but it was much better, than in Gottingen.

And I'll have to correct this at once!

None of us likes TH! :blink:

I don't know where you got that idea from, but it's so not true. (:

I'm sorry, my bad, someone said it but it must have been about someone else then, I kinda mix people up...FORGIVE ME :tears: Anyways, nice to see you here! Were you the one with the cool hair?:biggrin2:

It was our first attending to Mika's concert because I'm too young to travel around the world with my sister (at least that's what my parents think, and they're not interested to run after a shirtless man, I wonder why..) so I bet you can guess how we were feeling when we heard that the man of our dreams is coming to our home country. So when the long waited day arrived, we took a train to Helsinki (the journey was almost eight hours long) and somehow we managed to get in the second row! I laughed when I read Ingie's report - we were just behind you two!

At first I thought that you were just a b*tch because you didn’t let those little girls go in front of you (we were surprised that their parent's actually let them to go there alone) but when those girls left to go find their mom, it didn't bother me anymore. Plus, I can't forget the fact that your long hair was all over my face - next time I'm going to give you a hairnet. x) Anyway, I loved you're dress, it was so Gagaish. ;> I hope that I didn't bruise you or break your eardrums with my lovely voice. :-----D

Oh, anyway back to the gig! Everybody was amazing there, and Mika was so sweet when he spoke in Finnish - like introducing the band and all. (: He gave me a sunflower and I couldn't be anymore happier about it (someone tried nastily steal it but my sister stopped it, I'm loving her even more for that)! In fact, we're trying to dry it and I hope that it will succeed. We would've wanted to meet Mika so badly, but maybe we will finally travel around the world for it. :3 <3

- A little creature, who is trying to swallow her jealousy and be happy for everyone else >8)

Aaah what a coincidence:naughty:

Well, thing is with the little girls, I thought about letting them in front of me, but first off, they wouldn't have been able to see a thing anyway unless I had picked them up for the entire gig and well, I'm not that strong. Second off, they would have been crushed against the stage when Mika stood in front of us as everyone jumped forward to grab him and they also tried to push me away which I didn't find very nice:naughty: And I agree, we also said that it wasn't very clever of their parents to let them stand in the middle of the heat, so yeah..don't think I'm a bitch, I'm just practical:naughty:

And sorry about my hair:roftl: I kinda forgot that it might have been bothering you as I was too much into the moment:roftl:

Haha, thanks for the compliment about the dress, it was too hot in the end however:roftl:

Oh I have bruises all over my body and well I can't say I was a singing talent, but hey whatever, it is all about the moment and enjoying it together with other Mika fans! Sorry if our flashlights bothered you before the gig:blush-anim-cl:

Oh and don't worry if you didn't meet him this time. It wasn't until my 3rd gig I finally got to meet him:naughty:

Hope to see you again soon!

4. I got a setlist after the concert and realized that Toy Boy was listed as an encore song, but they didn't play it. I like the song very much and was pretty disappointed.

I think he shortened the encore as he saw that one girl faint, he really looked like he considered stopping right there as that girl was carried backstage :huh: I think it was the right thing to do though.

I really can't understand why people have to push forward so hard when everyone knows the 1st row is getting crushed. There were some really rude people amongst the crowd :doh:

Other wise though, MIKA really rocked helsinki in and out :thumb_yello:

They were?? I thought the crowd was great :o I didn't feel any pushing :D But then again, I wasn't in the front row, so...

Well, I got pushed pretty hard couple of times and I couldn't breathe properly, but it was just few times. And my friend who was next to me said that she had a lot of space and stuff. So agess it depends on the place you were in... (:

Well, I got pushed pretty hard couple of times and I couldn't breathe properly, but it was just few times. And my friend who was next to me said that she had a lot of space and stuff. So agess it depends on the place you were in... (:

Yes, I didn't have to endure much pushing myself. But when the girl fainted, I think it was a combination of factors, the closeness, the heat, perhaps she didn't eat enough all day etc. etc.

But Mika was right not to stop, the show has to go on no matter what, however cruel that may sound:blink:

I think he shortened the encore as he saw that one girl faint, he really looked like he considered stopping right there as that girl was carried backstage :huh: I think it was the right thing to do though.

I really can't understand why people have to push forward so hard when everyone knows the 1st row is getting crushed. There were some really rude people amongst the crowd :doh:

He didn't shorten the encore, he changed the setlist a bit:thumb_yello:

I saw in every gig about two girls faint, only in Helsinki there weren't security-men, only crew-members. When I saw the girl left to me faint I waved to the backstage for a bottle of water and - congrats to that man of the crew - he regordnized me inmiddle of arms and hands who waved to Mika. When I saw the water over her head was not enough I waved him again to get the girl and he carried that girl backstage. But I blame it on the room without air con, it was so hot inside, not only on pushing people. And yes:

MIKA really rocked helsinki in and out :thumb_yello:

He didn't shorten the encore, he changed the setlist a bit:thumb_yello:

yup, that's right... here's a pic of the setlist:

2n0tpjc.jpg

he did dr john after sitm(?), and sweet dreams instead of toy boy, iirc. :wink2: or was sd after gk? anyway, it was gk, sd and lollipop for the encore, in whatever order. :wink2:

and @mad hatter: sorry, but if those little girls want to be front row, they should start queuing at 6am, like we had to. you can't come at 5 pm, jump the queue like they did, and expect to be front row, if people have been queuing for the gig all day, and the front row is so small. it's always a problem you have at concerts, if someone taller than you is standing in front of you - but that doesn't give you the right to expect to be let in the front by everyone, if you're not queuing in time. if that attitude means that i'm a b*tch, then alright, i am. :dunno: apart from that, see ingie's post. :thumb_yello: and well, in the end those 2 girls had a better view of the gig than they'd have had from front row, since they climbed on the speakers. :bleh:

uploading my pix+vids now... didn't record whole songs this time though, only bits+pieces, especially the talking bits. and i think most of what i filmed has been filmed+uploaded by tiibet already. :wink2: anyway. uploading now. :bleh:

Edited by mellody

ok, here's the first part of my videos, rest and pix will follow tomorrow, too tired now. :wink2:

sitm intro+trumpet solo:

talk before billy brown (with martin playing the "top gun" theme :lmao:):

biotg, some bits of the beginning, and everything from the 2nd verse on:

a bit of kick ass:

band introduction and first part of happy ending:

ok, here's the first part of my videos, rest and pix will follow tomorrow, too tired now. :wink2:

sitm intro+trumpet solo:

talk before billy brown (with martin playing the "top gun" theme :lmao:):

biotg, some bits of the beginning, and everything from the 2nd verse on:

a bit of kick ass:

band introduction and first part of happy ending:

Thanks! :flowers2:

Hi, I am sorry I wasn't able to write anything until now :) it was my first MIKA gig and was totally amazing :) Also it was so nice to meet MFCers :) I really hope it's not my last time :) Tina and Graciosa - thank you for explaining everything to me, I was so lost then :) About report - I don't think I could add something to all nice reports in here :) so happy to read them, wach videos, pics, it's like coming back to that day :) thank you all for videos and pics, I made some too, but crappy quality :(

And I wanted to thank to all the people I met that day - you all are so friendly and welcoming :) I hope it was not the last time I meet you and of course see Mika on stage :)

I'm sorry if someone got me wrong, but I was just laughing to myself for thinking so.. um, stupidly? :') Next time I'm going to put my words in a better form. And I was happy to see that those girls made the right decision and went away, even if they would've been in the first row.. well, at the end of the gig, they would have been like smashed potatoes with stripes in their forehead.

Mellody, oh, they were the same girls? I thought they were someone else! And I know what you mean with that gig-policy, it just that I was so amazed how little they were (and I thought I was young..). No, I don't think that you're a smelly cow (my dog already has that title - well, not really xp), you're just being fair. (: Btw, thanks for your vids!

I've just been a mess after that gig. I was watching a movie an hour ago and I ended up crying like I've never had done before. I need therapy!

I wrote an article about this gig. It's currently only in Finnish, but I'm translating it now. See the link in my signature for the link to my website. :wink2:

Would anyone like me to use their pictures beside the article? I didn't take many pictures with my old camera, so that would be much appreciated! I credit everyone whose pictures I use. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Marianne84