guylainem123

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I wont do any report here, liliana did a great job.:thumb_yello:

I also have to express my thanks to PurpleCat, wonderful photos and videos.

nicoleta, a thank you as well for supplying most of media material available that covered the gig.

It was a surprise to us that were there live, living the show, to know it was broadcasted live on Tv and over the internet.

Many photographers attended there during Mika's gig, no such big affluence to previous group/singer Sugarbabes or Brett Dennen.:teehee:

This was my first time to go to a Festival as huge as this one was. It was also my first time to be in front row, its such a sensation to see a mass of people behind you.:teehee:

It was also my first time to meet in persona other portuguese Mika fans from Mikalãndia (our portuguese forum/meet point), it was great. I could wear both Mikalãndia and MFC badges:wink2:

We were the only ones to manage the whole stage :biggrin2: during the afternoon and until Brett Dennen comes in. That allowed us to have a privilege place.

Before the show, Mika did appear from stage and passed quickly through first row to say hello, with his smile face to face, I hadn't time to grab a photo.

The gig itself, I felt it so small in time, that seemed to me I only watched introduction.:naughty:

There were songs I've missed (no, not that context:aah:) like Any other world, I see you, Kick Ass, although there were some moments kicking ass:teehee:.

Now, the pictures part.

I'm not expertise to clean photos and by other hand I appreciate what's naturally captured, besides digital cams distort that a bit.

I did compress photos but if anyone wants the original one can ask me.

After previous gig at Campo Pequeno, I realized that making the caption of frames from video, I would get better photos.

Might seem strange but Panasonic TZ7 records in HD and might be better prepared for variable conditions of light on video than photo.

Specially because Mika its a dancer eheheh

In conclusion, I took less pictures this time and recorded most of the gig.

So for now I put here the photos taken, then later I'll put the photos captured from videos.

Video itself, I'll see if any apply okay to be posted, after as well.

Edited by Feiticeiro

Hello!

I wont do any report here, liliana did a great job.:thumb_yello:

nicoleta, a thank you as well for supplying most of media material available that covered the gig.

It was a surprise to us that were there live, living the show, to know it was broadcasted live on Tv and over the internet.

Many photographers attended there during Mika's gig, no such big affluence to previous group/singer Sugarbabes or Brett Dennen.:teehee:

This was my first time to go to a Festival as huge as this one was. It was also my first time to be in front row, its such a sensation to see a mass of people behind you.:teehee:

It was also my first time to meet in persona other portuguese Mika fans from Mikalãndia (our portuguese forum/meet point), it was great. I could wear both Mikalãndia and MFC badges:wink2:

We were the only ones to manage the whole stage :biggrin2: during the afternoon and until Brett Dennen comes in. That allowed us to have a privilege place.

Before the show, Mika did appear from stage and passed quickly through first row to say hello, with his smile face to face, I hadn't time to grab a photo.

The gig itself, I felt it so small in time, that seemed to me I only watched introduction.:naughty:

There were songs I've missed (no, not that context:aah:) like Any other world, I see you, Kick Ass, although there were some moments kicking ass:teehee:.

Now, the pictures part.

I'm not expertise to clean photos and by other hand I appreciate what's naturally captured, besides digital cams distort that a bit.

I did compress photos but if anyone wants the original one can ask me.

After previous gig at Campo Pequeno, I realized that making the caption of frames from video, I would get better photos.

Might seem strange but Panasonic TZ7 records in HD and might be better prepared for variable conditions of light on video than photo.

Specially because Mika its a dancer eheheh

In conclusion, I took less pictures this time and recorded most of the gig.

So for now I put here the photos taken, then later I'll put the photos captured from videos.

Video itself, I'll see if any apply okay to be posted, after as well.

p1000506tile.jpg

Oh lovely! Thank you so much! :wink2:

These pics are very interesting and I'm looking forward to see the others.:wub2:

Woooow, Mika always gets something special in Portugal!:wub2:

And now you have to bust in Spain all together again !

Congrats girls!!!! And Mary was the star of that night :teehee:

:groupwave:

Aw... :blush-anim-cl: No, Mika was the star, as always! :wub2:

mary is a star herself always!!!!!

and in vigo we´ll see wonka on stage!!! :yay:

:huglove:

Thanks everyone for pics and videos, as soon as I get home I'll see everything!

I managed to get a few minutes with a portable web device, so I'm posting the first parts of my report (as detailed as I remember! LOL).

====================================

Part 1

Da Wonka Family picked me up around 2.30 PM and we arrived at the festival at 5 PM. Middle of Nowhere, here we are, finally! LOL

It was a really hot day and we were expecting a hard time waiting for Mika’s performance, which was around midnight…

Almost everyone from our “gang” was already there, MFCers and members of the Portuguese forum (sorry guys, we were a bit late to help with the balloons…).

Let me just say…what a f*cking amazing group we are! :wub2: Loved meeting everyone there, new and “old” faces, people who were at the Lisbon gig and wanted to stay with us again, even if they aren’t in any of the forums, etc. Even a TV host who interviewed us was amazed, we looked like long time friends, and some of us were meeting for the very first time!

Fantastic atmosphere! Between Brett Dennen’s soundcheck (cool guy, btw!), walks around the festival, jokes and a couple of pics, we didn’t even notice the hours of waiting!

I was hoping to see Mama P there cause I really wanted to be a BG this time, but I was afraid she might be choosing people around the festival, like in 2008, so when she came to us before the gigs started, and chose a couple of us to go on stage, I guess I even forgot the heat and the fact that I was all covered in dust and all sweaty! LOL

We chatted a bit more, and got to know Portugal is one of her favourite countries, and that she understands Portuguese! :shocked::wub2: Have I said before how much I love this lady? LOL

Part 2

At 10.30 PM (thank god, in the middle of the Sugababes performance! :teehee:) we went to meet Mama P to go get dressed, practise the march, etc.

While we were waiting, we met Pete (Brett Dennen’s drummer) who told us how much he enjoyed meeting Mika backstage: “Awesome guy, came to our dressing room just to say he loved our music! So nice! Loved meeting him, really cool!”, he said. Yeah, we made a lovely new friend! :fangurl:

After that, we went backstage, practised the steps (with some people looking at us like we were mentally disturbed :lmfao: WHAT?? NEVER SAW A GROUP OF PEOPLE PRACTISING A ZOMBIE MARCH IN THE BACKSTAGE OF A FESTIVAL?? :shun:)

We saw David passing by (I think I might have been like “left…right…left..ri...Ooh look there’s David! Oops…left…right…”) :teehee:

When it was all well prepared (:fisch:) we went to try the costumes and get dressed. Finally met Maria, and absolutely LOVED her! :wub2: In fact (and I guess everyone who met them agrees with me) everyone there is so fantastic it makes us want to go on tour with them, even if it’s just to carry some boxes or something! :wub2:

When we got ready, Sugababes were leaving the stage, and we started to get butterflies! It was almost time for Mika’s show! :boing:

Part 3 - On stage!!

We got to see the whole show from the stage, which was an amazing experience! First time seeing a gig from that perspective, and it was so cool! There were more people there, who I guess were thinking “who the hell are these guys, dressed with weird clothes and jumping and singing like they are in the audience?”

We were told we were going on stage before Love Today and on Lollipop, but when Relax started, Mama P came to us asking for 2 BGs who were not shy and I volunteered! :aah: Me and the lovely Streilha followed her and I immediately thought “ZOMFG WE’RE GOING ON STAGE ON BIG GIRL!”

I was right! We were going to dance with Mika for the first time ever, and on Big Girl!!! It was like a dream come true! haha We put on our skull masks and BAM! I could hear them in the front row cheering for us, although I couldn’t exactly SEE them!

And the party began…I looked and saw Mika coming my way! Then he was on his knees. Then he was rubbing his head in my belly. :shocked: I was between having a panic attack and laughing my a$$ off! OMFGWHATAMISUPPOSEDTODONOW? :lmfao: (need to say this…I touched his curls! :mf_rosetinted:)

Then, I was dancing with Imma, and someone kicked my ass! I thought it was Jimmy, but when I turned around…WTF MIKA?

Boy, I wanted you to PLAY Kick Ass, not exactly to KICK my ass! :lmfao:

I can’t remember my reaction, but whatever… I was having a great time (and I believe Streilha was too, Mika was on fire!).

When it was time to leave the stage, I had this weird feeling, it seemed it wasn't real, but at the same time...it was? (Is this making any sense??)

I've been a big girl for all my life, but honestly, I can't remember the last time I felt so comfortable with my body, don't know if it was the outfit, or the fact that we weren't labeled as "the fat girls", people looked at us like "there go Mika's Big Girls"... Don't know if this happened with anyone else or if I'm just being too emotional about this, but that's how if felt! :teehee:

But yeah, we were all feeling very special that night!

During Happy Ending, we went to get our masks again, cause Love Today was next. Mika's dad was filming us (:bye:) and I told him to film also the audience, cause we had a surprise planned...

And there it was! During the "little bit of love" part, dozens of balloons were released from the front row... Mika's smile was just...priceless! Delicious! :wub2:

Then...Love Today! Left, right, left, right....there we go! It went perfectly, I could hear the gang screaming our names, it felt so cool, too bad I couldn't wave at them! :naughty: But yeah, we could hear them perfectly!

When we got backstage, everyone was like "good job, people! Good job!"...mission 1 accomplished! :biggrin2:

After that, the big moment of the night...GOLDEN HEARTS AGAIN! We didn't know until that day that there were going to be hearts again, so we had no idea how it would be, how the audience was going to react, etc.

But...WOW. WOW!

I wish I had my camera with me on that moment, cause I don't think I can explain it with words. I was already amazed with the amount of people there, but seeing everyone raising the golden hearts at the same time... I couldn't help it. When I noticed, I was already crying! And Mika's look on his face was again the most lovely thing ever! He so deserves this kind of things!

And finally...lollipop!

There we were again on stage, dancing like crazy! Amazing!

The "WTF moment" was when I saw a white face with a blue dot (o hai Jimmy!) really serious, in front of me! Then he starts hitting my mask, and I was like :blink: "Ok then..." :lmfao:

Well...all in all...the most amazing experience I ever had in a gig, I can assure you! And it HAD to be with Mika!!

Edited by Mary

Thanks, your vids are real good quality :wub2:

Thanks great vds :thumb_yello:

You're welcome! :wink2:

And thank you, Feiticeiro, for your pics and report (and other fans' reports, sure!) :thumb_yello:

After that, we went backstage, practised the steps (with some people looking at us like we were mentally disturbed :lmfao: WHAT?? NEVER SAW A GROUP OF PEOPLE PRACTISING A ZOMBIE MARCH IN THE BACKSTAGE OF A FESTIVAL?? :shun:)

:

of course... pffff... it´s the most normal thing.... it happens all the time in every festival....:mf_rosetinted:

Part 3 - On stage!!

We got to see the whole show from the stage, which was an amazing experience! First time seeing a gig from that perspective, and it was so cool! There were more people there, who I guess were thinking “who the hell are these guys, dressed with weird clothes and jumping and singing like they are in the audience?”

We were told we were going on stage before Love Today and on Lollipop, but when Relax started, Mama P came to us asking for 2 BGs who were not shy and I volunteered! :aah: Me and the lovely Streilha followed her and I immediately thought “ZOMFG WE’RE GOING ON STAGE ON BIG GIRL!”

I was right! We were going to dance with Mika for the first time ever, and on Big Girl!!! It was like a dream come true! haha We put on our skull masks and BAM! I could hear them in the front row cheering for us, although I couldn’t exactly SEE them!

And the party began…I looked and saw Mika coming my way! Then he was on his knees. Then he was rubbing his head in my belly. :sho cked: I was between having a panic attack and laughing my a$$ off! OMFGWHATAMISUPPOSEDTODONOW? :lmf ao: (need to say this…I touched his curls! :mf_roseti nted:)

Then, I was dancing with Imma, and someone kicked my ass! I thought it was Jimmy, but when I turned around…WTF MIKA?

Boy, I wanted you to PLAY Kick Ass, not exactly to KICK my ass! :lmf ao:

I can’t remember my reaction, but whatever… I was having a great time (and I believe Streilha was too, Mika was on fire!).

When it was time to leave the stage, I had this weird feeling, it seemed it wasn't real, but at the same time...it was? (Is this making any sense??)

I've been a big girl for all my life, but honestly, I can't remember the last time I felt so comfortable with my body, don't know if it was the outfit, or the fact that we weren't labeled as "the fat girls", people looked at us like "there go Mika's Big Girls"... Don't know if this happened with anyone else or if I'm just being too emotional about this, but that's how if felt! :teeh ee:

During Happy Ending, we went to get our masks again, cause Love Today was next. Mika's dad was filming us (:by e:) and I told him to film also the audience, cause we had a surprise planned...

And there it was! During the "little bit of love" part, dozens of balloons were released from the front row... Mika's smile was just...priceless! Delicious! :w ub2:

Then...Love Today! Left, right, left, right....there we go! It went perfectly, I could hear the gang screaming our names, it felt so cool, too bad I couldn't wave at them! :naug hty: But yeah, we could hear them perfectly!

When we got backstage, everyone was like "good job, people! Good job!"...mission 1 accomplished! :biggrin2:

After that, the big moment of the night...GOLDEN HEARTS AGAIN! We didn't know until that day that there were going to be hearts again, so we had no idea how it would be, how the audience was going to react, etc.

But...WOW. WOW!

I wish I had my camera with me on that moment, cause I don't think I can explain it with words. I was already amazed with the amount of people there, but seeing everyone raising the golden hearts at the same time... I couldn't help it. When I noticed, I was already crying! And Mika's look on his face was again the most lovely thing ever! He so deserves this kind of things!

And finally...lollipop!

The "WTF moment" was when I saw a white face with a blue dot (o hai Jimmy!) really serious, in front of me! Then he starts hitting my mask, and I was like :blink: "Ok then..." :lmfao:

Well...all in all...the most amazing experience I ever had in a gig, I can assure you! And it HAD to be with Mika!!

:floor:

lovely report mary... i´m happy you had a blast!!! :huglove: YOU REALLY DESERVE IT!!!! of course i want more details in vigo :mf_rosetinted:

Part 3 - On stage!!

:mfr_lol:

Part 3 - On stage!!

And the party began…I looked and saw Mika coming my way! Then he was on his knees. Then he was rubbing his head in my belly. :shocked: I was between having a panic attack and laughing my a$$ off! OMFGWHATAMISUPPOSEDTODONOW? :lmfao: (need to say this…I touched his curls! :mf_rosetinted:)

I've been a big girl for all my life, but honestly, I can't remember the last time I felt so comfortable with my body, don't know if it was the outfit, or the fact that we weren't labeled as "the fat girls", people looked at us like "there go Mika's Big Girls"... Don't know if this happened with anyone else or if I'm just being too emotional about this, but that's how if felt! :teehee:

During Happy Ending, we went to get our masks again, cause Love Today was next. Mika's dad was filming us (:bye:) and I told him to film also the audience, cause we had a surprise planned...

And there it was! During the "little bit of love" part, dozens of balloons were released from the front row... Mika's smile was just...priceless! Delicious! :wub2:

Then...Love Today! Left, right, left, right....there we go! It went perfectly, I could hear the gang screaming our names, it felt so cool, too bad I couldn't wave at them! :naughty: But yeah, we could hear them perfectly!

But...WOW. WOW!

And finally...lollipop!

The "WTF moment" was when I saw a white face with a blue dot (o hai Jimmy!) really serious, in front of me! Then he starts hitting my mask, and I was like Blink "Ok then..." Lmfao

This was the part of the show that was missing and that completes the whole experience of the Festival.:thumb_yello:

Thanks Mary! And thanks to all for making all this new reality possible.

As a boy I have naturally different expectations (or not - some would say).

And to me its this unity that links fans and an artist, that allow us to be ourselves and express it by preparing a welcoming for the artist (not any artist - Mika), the socializing, the music, the lyrics, the dance, living Mika's world.

And to see these girls :fangurl:for the artist, it really makes me happy, a happiness that usually we found on those that come true their dreams. But its also possible to feel such endless happiness for the dreams of the others. And while Mary, liliana were telling and describing their moments, I've lived them, some for real, but I'm referring to the other unique moments they have lived.

Edited by Feiticeiro

thanks for your report mary , i'm so happy for you . i really enjoyed reading it :biggrin2:

Thanks Patty! :huglove:

of course... pffff... it´s the most normal thing.... it happens all the time in every festival....:mf_rosetinted:

:floor:

lovely report mary... i´m happy you had a blast!!! :huglove: YOU REALLY DESERVE IT!!!! of course i want more details in vigo :mf_rosetinted:

LOL

Thanks guapa! I'll tell you everything again in Vigo! Can't wait to get there! :boing: 3 days!

I still have a final part of the report, but I'm afraid I'll have to leave it to when I get home, sorry!

@Feiticeiro - Obrigada! :wink2:

===========

VIDEOS

===========

Professional:

Sudoeste tmn - WAG:

Sudoeste tmn - Mika @ Festival Sudoeste(PT) - p.01 (thanks nicoleta)

2010.08.07 - Mika @ Festival Sudoeste(PT) - p.02 (thanks nicoleta)

download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3HHS0NSZ

"Relax" and first part of "Stuck in the middle". It looks professional:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=106140384

Hey everyone :)

First time here!

I feel that there is no much I can add about the show, the reviews made by now sum up pretty good how wonderfull it was. In 2 words: Freaking amazing :biggrin2:

Just to give you an example, I was having cramps in both my legs (for spending so much time standing) and I kept jumping like nothing was happening... if I were home I would cry like a baby in pain :blush-anim-cl:

Here are some pictures I took:

hpim1888.jpg

hpim1914.jpg

hpim1962.jpg

hpim1971b.jpg

hpim1992y.jpg

hpim2014.jpg

hpim2126o.jpg

hpim2005.jpg

oh no!!

we don´t wanna hurt da man!! :aah:

we are going to prepare the piñata but without piñata.. just throwing that paper things on stage!!! lots of things... birds, planes,chains.... mary hasn´t told you anything??? bad girl.....:mf_rosetinted:

we talked about it yesterday....

by the way... buy some serpentines,lils,you need them :mf_rosetinted:

I never said "hurting" him!:mf_rosetinted:

Now I want a real piñata, a giant one! :(

I have some serpentines at home. :thumb_yello:

i´m going to take my video cam to vigo...if wonka gets her butt on stage,MFC will have the evidence :mf_rosetinted

and yes,shine,believe me,portuguese people are lovely... all of them... :wub2

i live in spain,but i never met any portuguese until i met carla,mary and liliana... if all the portuguese people are like these three.... portugal is the best country of the world!!!!!:thumb_yello

:wub2:

It's great to hear that! :biggrin2:

Thanks for your long report. Great to read it - a littble bit like being there with you.

You're welcome!

The videos I took at Sudoeste:

Sweet Dreams

And

the playlist.

Great quality!

We chatted a bit more, and got to know Portugal is one of her favourite countries, and that she understands Portuguese! :shocked :wub2 Have I said before how much I love this lady? LOL

:shocked::shocked:

I've been a big girl for all my life, but honestly, I can't remember the last time I felt so comfortable with my body, don't know if it was the outfit, or the fact that we weren't labeled as "the fat girls", people looked at us like "there go Mika's Big Girls"... Don't know if this happened with anyone else or if I'm just being too emotional about this, but that's how if felt! :teehee

You were really sexy on that outfit girl!:mf_rosetinted: Dancing like a pro! :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked::shocked:

You were really sexy on that outfit girl!:mf_rosetinted: Dancing like a pro! :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah... I was translating the instructions for the march and she said "Incredible...I understand almost everything, but I can't speak!" :shocked:

Aw stop it! :blush-anim-cl::mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Mary

Yeah... I was translating what she was saying and she said "Incredible...I undertand almost everything, but I can't speak!" :shocked:

*is packing bags*

*comes here*

*sees mary*

mary!!! go to pack your bags!!! SEE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*is packing bags*

*comes here*

*sees mary*

mary!!! go to pack your bags!!! SEE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am leaving tomorrow for Porto, and then............WHHOOOOOAAAAAHHHHH! :boing:

Yeah... I was translating the instructions for the march and she said "Incredible...I understand almost everything, but I can't speak!" :shocked:

Never thought that she understood Portuguese. That's great!

True! I just realise it was you because of your Sudoeste tattoo. You were dancing and you seemed very confortable on stage. I would die of shame, I don't like people to stare at me. :teehee: