Pop star Mika: I'm sending my dog on test flights so she can come on tour with me

Fangirl

Thanks for posting :flowers2:

I dont'know what to say about dog thing except that I wouldn't do that at all.:wink2: But he has his own comprehension of a "true friendship" lol!:roftl:

As for Gaga part he is mainly right but on the other side didn't he say that they would colaborate at some point?:blink:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sigh*

i don't think it's a good idea to take the pet on the road either :no:

a puppy needs a stable home, just like kids. Not to mention that fans may all run to Melachi and forget Mika when they arrive :aah:

on day of concert, a new job opening:

1) who wants to be BG & LG?

2) who wants to carry my big toy boy?

3) who wants to be my bride on stage?

4) who wants to walk Melachi and pick up after it?

:teehee:

*sigh*

i don't think it's a good idea to take the pet on the road either :no:

a puppy needs a stable home, just like kids. Not to mention that fans may all run to Melachi and forget Mika when they arrive :aah:

on day of concert, a new job opening:

1) who wants to be BG & LG?

2) who wants to carry my big toy boy?

3) who wants to be my bride on stage?

4) who wants to walk Melachi and pick up after it?

:teehee:

another way to be a mika´s slave :mf_rosetinted:

slave? :aah:

and all along, i thought everyone who went on stage were willing (and sometimes begging) participants!!

he must tour here so i can determine that :mf_rosetinted:

nothing better than checking it yourself :mf_rosetinted:

no,c´mon i was joking... about the 1€ they pay to the bg and lg.... will mika pay 1€ too if we take melachi for a walk?:mf_rosetinted:

but if we leave the queue to take melachi for that walk... will we lose our numbers?:mf_rosetinted:

does melachi know how to bark in different languages as her master does?:mf_rosetinted:

nothing better than checking it yourself :mf_rosetinted:

no,c´mon i was joking... about the 1€ they pay to the bg and lg.... will mika pay 1€ too if we take melachi for a walk?:mf_rosetinted:

but if we leave the queue to take melachi for that walk... will we lose our numbers?:mf_rosetinted:

does melachi know how to bark in different languages as her master does?:mf_rosetinted:

well, it all depends on the contract between the dogwalker and the dog representatives. also... who will supply the bags to pic up the messes? the management or the employee?

the number thing is tricky thing. but i'm sure, like everything else, we will find a way to make it work.

as for the languages, well, like it's owner, Melachi may have a little accent, but we'll call it the "airport bark" :biggrin2:

well, it all depends on the contract between the dogwalker and the dog representatives. also... who will supply the bags to pic up the messes? the management or the employee?

the number thing is tricky thing. but i'm sure, like everything else, we will find a way to make it work.

as for the languages, well, like it's owner, Melachi may have a little accent, but we'll call it the "airport bark" :biggrin2:

oh thank you.... that´s much more clear now.... :mf_rosetinted:

about the bags... well,i think mika should befriend of a new "louboutin". not a shoemaker,but a bagmaker... you know... for free stuff :mf_rosetinted:

but should the dogwalker take the bags back to mika after the walk?:mf_rosetinted: you know,the man likes to watch to his mucus... who knows if he also wants to take a look to melachi´s poo :mf_rosetinted:

there are many many points to clear up..... :mf_rosetinted:

and i think john will need a rise :mf_rosetinted:

Best song title ever! :bow:

He should consider it for his third album. :mf_rosetinted:

I thought that song was already on an album! It goes like this...

Put a plastic bag in my pocket

Pick the dog-poo off the floor

I wish you wouldn't poo, Melachi, so stop it

And girl, let me tell you more

I'm a grown up man of 27

So my life should now be heaven

Melachi, please don't poo anymore

Or pick your own poo off the floor.

I'm a grown up man of 27

:roftl::lmao::lmao::roftl:

I'm a grown up man of 27

Genius! :roftl:

Reading all this rules made me feel a bit sorry for him, I wonder if he really has thought this through?:sad:

It's so sad to hear that he sometimes feels lonely on his tours. Being surrounded by a lot of people doesn't always take away that feeling, sooner the opposite.

Can someone explain to me how he's transporting Albert? :mf_rosetinted:

Oh Albert doesn't go on tour with him...according to his tweets he spends most of his time in Mika's closet!:biggrin2:

:naughty:Here, some literature

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Foreigntravel/BeforeYouTravel/DG_4000019

The PETS scheme

The scheme is designed to stop the spread of rabies and other diseases while still allowing pets to travel.

The UK has been free of rabies for many years, but mammals are still at risk in some other countries. All rabies-susceptible animals entering the UK have to spend six months in quarantine, unless they arrive under and meet all the conditions of PETS.

Most European Union (EU) countries and many outside the EU have joined PETS. You can check details and the full procedure for preparing your pet on the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) website.

To be eligible, your cat, dog or ferret must:

• first be fitted with a microchip
  • then be vaccinated against rabies
  • wait 21 days from the date of their first rabies vaccination before travelling to another European Community country
  • not have visited any non-approved countries or territories for at least six months before they enter or re-enter the UK

Cats and dogs must also:

• be blood tested with a satisfactory result by a European Union approved laboratory
  • wait six calendar months from the date the blood sample was taken before re-entering the UK

You must also ensure that your pet:

• is issued with a pet passport by their vet
  • is treated by a vet for tapeworm and ticks, not less than 24 hours and not more than 48 hours before checking in with a PETS-approved carrier for the journey back to the UK
  • travels into the UK on a PETS-approved sea, air or rail route

Before you go

You must book your return journey into the UK with one of the many PETS-approved carriers, on a PETS-approved route. There is only a limited amount of space and it is allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.

You must book in advance or your pet will not be allowed to travel.

Taking care of your pet when travelling

These tips can help make your pet's journey as comfortable as possible:

• make sure your pet is as fit and healthy as possible to withstand the journey
  • give them a light meal about two hours before they travel
  • give your pet the opportunity to go to the toilet before it is put in its carrying container
  • let your pet 'try out' the carrying container before the trip
  • the carrying container should be well-ventilated, roomy enough for the animal to move around, safe and have adequate food and water for the trip, with easily refillable containers for a long journey
  • put a familiar-smelling cushion or rug in the container to help your pet settle

Returning to the UK

When returning to the UK, transport staff will check your pet passport to ensure the requirements of the scheme have been met. If there is missing paperwork or your pet has not been prepared correctly it may be:

• taken into UK quarantine
  • returned to the country from which it has just come

Travelling with registered assistance dogs

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association in partnership with

• other UK assistance dog organisations
  • Defra
  • a number of UK airlines

has produced a set of guidelines for registered assistance dog owners wishing to use PETS.

Pets entering the UK on airlines under the Pet Travel Scheme must normally be carried in the hold. However, guide dogs or other assistance dogs are allowed to travel in the cabin with their owner on certain approved routes.

I'm with everyone who is skeptical about this whole "taking the dog on tour" business.

Because the UK is an island, certain diseases (inlcuding rabies, I believe) don't spread into the UK as easily as they spread from country to country around the continent. As such, UK officials are very cautious about letting in animals who could have been exposed to disease, and have made it a multi-step process to get a dog into the UK after he or she has been abroad (as Sara pointed out). If Mika makes one mistake with the process, poor Melachi could find herself spending six months of her life in quarantine. :sad:

There's also the flying aspect. Unlike a small dog, a golden retriever will need to be kept in a cargo hold. There will be restrictions on that - he won't be able to fly to hot countries with her in the summer, or cold countries in the winter, because most reputable airlines won't put live animals in cargo when the temperatures are extreme.

There's also the day-to-day concerns while on tour. Mika wants to go shopping, or bar hopping, or even eat in a restaurant... what of Melachi? Is she supposed to spend the day in a hotel room by herself? Not all hotels are pet friendly. Not to mention, a lonely golden can be a chewy golden. I don't think a five star hotel will appreciate chewed up furniture and bed linens. :naughty: And what about gig days? Is this dog supposed to spend the whole day in Mika's dressing room? Who will make sure she gets fed? And has a chance to do her business? And has a constant supply of fresh water? Certainly not Mika while he's in pre-show mode.

Also, you need to arrive EXTRA early for your flights when checking in an animal. Mika has a hard time arriving early enough to check himself in, nevermind a dog. :teehee:

It just seems like a bad idea for a thousand different reasons. I'm sure this dog will end up staying home while her fur-dad goes on tour. Either that or he'll have to hire a full-time PA just to manage the dog. :teehee:

GREAT JOB!! This is exactly why I said it's not physically possible. I have had friends who have transported pets and it's a tedious business. They travel so frequent for short stays. It's never gonna happen unless when he's going around by land and have Melachi once or twice during tour elsewhere.

I'm a grown up man of 27

.... :lmfao: Huahahahaha :aah: Wonderfuul :roftl:!!

I'm a grown up man of 27

:roftl: awesome!

Reading all this rules made me feel a bit sorry for him, I wonder if he really has thought this through?:sad:

It's so sad to hear that he sometimes feels lonely on his tours. Being surrounded by a lot of people doesn't always take away that feeling, sooner the opposite.

I wonder what he's doing on tour between the gigs... It seems like he never does anything together with the band and he says in this interview he sees his family only at the shows, so what the heck is he doing all the time?

Knitting? Walking alone with a wig and sunglasses? Shopping? Sleeping and eating? Spa and workout? :blink:

Oh Albert doesn't go on tour with him...according to his tweets he spends most of his time in Mika's closet!:biggrin2:

So at least he's going to have some company now. Donkeys don't like to be alone...:mf_rosetinted:

In case this confuses you - John Travolta's 2 beloved dogs were run over and killed at an airport in Maine I think. Very tragic. Dogs are put on planes and you lose control over their safety and well being once they are put in cargo holds. If you have a very small animal, you can put it under your seat. It also is upsetting to have these newspapers calling the dog a "mutt" - she is a pure bred golden retriever - a mutt is of questionable parentage. I worry for the puppy - owners are usually well meaning, but things happen.

Wow, I totally didn't know that. I would have never referred to something like that with a naughty smiley, believe me. That's terrible.

[When I say 'John Travolta' in the Mika context, then this is a synonym for 'made up' (as Mika once said in an interview that he has a pilot's licence and makes use of it in 'John Travolta's little 747' every now and then).]

I wonder what he's doing on tour between the gigs... It seems like he never does anything together with the band and he says in this interview he sees his family only at the shows, so what the heck is he doing all the time?

Knitting? Walking alone with a wig and sunglasses? Shopping? Sleeping and eating? Spa and workout? :blink:

reading MFC´s forums :mf_rosetinted:

[When I say 'John Travolta' in the Mika context, then this is a synonym for 'made up' (as Mika once said in an interview that he has a pilot's licence and makes use of it in 'John Travolta's little 747' every now and then).]

That is a "violet_sky'ism" :wub2:

Archived