REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika @ V Festival, Hylands Park - 22 AUGUST 2010

Fmbm

Can't wait to hear how it went, only though a handful of you attended. :naughty::yay::boing:

--------------

REPORTS

--------------

--------------

PICTURES

--------------

--------------

VIDEOS

--------------

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was totally awesome Mika rocked it:biggrin2: I will write a full report later but I am absolutely cream crakered (knackered)- Yesterday was a test of endurance! I think I survived:naughty:

One thing I will say now is how lovely it was to see the crowd react to Mika- they were loving it:wub2:

Yesterday was totally awesome Mika rocked it:biggrin2: I will write a full report later but I am absolutely cream crakered (knackered)- Yesterday was a test of endurance! I think I survived:naughty:

One thing I will say now is how lovely it was to see the crowd react to Mika- they were loving it:wub2:

That sort of comment always means more to me than when I read the comments about the Mikafans getting excited. The Mikafans will ALWAYS be excited, but when I read about the peeps who arn't Mikafans (yet) getting excited by him, my heart just swells with pride. Mika is conquering the world, one performace at a time!!

Mika is conquering the world, one performace at a time!!

You're SO right!!

There's been a few festivals this summer where I was really afraid that people could boo him because his music was absolutely not the same as the bands before and/or after him... I heard people front row, right next to me saying that Mika shouldn't be here. I was really scared for him. But guess what,after each show, everyone is always like "wow! that was great!".. And then people come to us and tell us how great Mika was. How great the whole show was.. They always love his energy and his colorful world.. And that's the part I like the most I think.. because I really don't care that people don't like Mika, but I don't want them to judge without seeing.. And once they see, they love it! It's like a personal victory..:teehee:

You're SO right!!

There's been a few festivals this summer where I was really afraid that people could boo him because his music was absolutely not the same as the bands before and/or after him... I heard people front row, right next to me saying that Mika shouldn't be here. I was really scared for him. But guess what,after each show, everyone is always like "wow! that was great!".. And then people come to us and tell us how great Mika was. How great the whole show was.. They always love his energy and his colorful world.. And that's the part I like the most I think.. because I really don't care that people don't like Mika, but I don't want them to judge without seeing.. And once they see, they love it! It's like a personal victory..:teehee:

Yes I was watching a clip yesterday (maybe from the Saturday show?) and you could see the audience was reacting like it was 2007. England needs a lot more Mika. They just don't all know it yet. :naughty:

I had this same experience with Robyn recently. Not that I expected her to be bad or anything. I just didn't expect her to be this wild bundle of amazing energy.

I think if you're a music lover and enjoy live shows you can't help but get something out of performers like Mika. Even if his music is not your thing he knows how to do his job and it is so much more interesting and fun than 90%+ of acts out there at a festival. I bet people also find themselves surprised at how many of his songs they know and can get caught up in singalongs like BIOTG no matter what.

run out of time so i have to get off the computer. videos and report still to come, pics are on this website :wink2:

http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/coldaholic/

the guy infront got in the way of a couple of shots

DSC00123.jpg

that's probably as bad as it gets with the guy in front... kinda looks like mika sulks a bit :lol3:

but my absolute favourite of all my pics is this one:

DSC00113.jpg

:swoon::wub2:

ps i had trouble standing still while taking pics/ vids coz all i did was jump about like a headless chicken! and he was moving fast too that why some are a little fuzzy :) more to come soon

hxx

Does anyone can tell me why so many MFCers to Fringe and so few to V Fest??? :dunno:

Mainly because of the price of the tickets and that it is a festival. The tickets were £80 (+7.95 booking fee for the day) and were sold out in half an hour!

Okies my report: You have to appreciate the endurance :biggrin2:

I got to V at midday, after parking my car and walking 3 miles to the arena stage. Peter Andre was on and it was packed! I stood at the side and watched the big screen- he was pretty good actually and did a little Michael Jackson section:wub2: Anyway he went off and I managed to move a little closer to the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9YHg07NLLc For those of you who don't know Peter Andre:naughty:

The tent (which was massive) was then crowed again and Example came on (dance band) OMG as Calvin Harris says "it went off" and I must admit I did enjoy dancing and jumping like a loon.

Example

After then the tent emptied quite a lot so I managed to get to the barrier at the side and had quite a nice view of Chipmunk. My gosh that boy had more ice than Alaska! He was quite entertaining though and wore his sun glasses for most of the performance:naughty:

- Chipmunk

By this time my bladder was at bursting point and thought to myself it's now or never. The queue for the loo was really long and at this point it was raining too :blink: END OF PART ONE

I came back to the tent and Kate Nash was screaming wearing a beaded curtain and a balck and grey flowerly cat suit, nice:mf_rosetinted: I was actually very dissapointed. I have always enjoyed Miss Nash's singles she has released but bloody hell this performnace was like reliving My Bloody Valentine in Madrid- I will never get that half hour back!

Kate Nash in happier times.

Anyway people were leaving as she was on so I got a nice spot at the barrier again on the left and has quite a nice view. The Sugar Babes came on next. Just FYI it took 30 minutes between each artist to set their stage up, so by this time I had been standing for a very long time and my feet were starting to hurt (poor me). The Sugar Babes who now have had so many changes to the original line up aren't really the Sugar Babes anymore in my mind but they were entertaining enough and I had a little sing along. They actually can sing which was nice.

Sugar Babes-old line up!

I managed to shuffle up a bit which was nice but then La Roux came on. I quite like the singles Ellie and co have released but my god they were bad. She pissed me off when she said "you better ****ing dance" so I said "you better ****ing make me then" to some girls whom I had had a little chat with- they pissed themselves laughing. Ellie annoyed me- sorry love.

La Roux who has amazing hair but is a bit whiny.

END OF PART 2

I came back to the tent and Kate Nash was screaming wearing a beaded curtain and a balck and grey flowerly cat suit, nice:mf_rosetinted: I was actually very dissapointed. I have always enjoyed Miss Nash's singles she has released but bloody hell this performnace was like reliving My Bloody Valentine in Madrid- I will never get that half hour back!

Kate Nash in happier times.

Anyway people were leaving as she was on so I got a nice spot at the barrier again on the left and has quite a nice view. The Sugar Babes came on next. Just FYI it took 30 minutes between each artist to set their stage up, so by this time I had been standing for a very long time and my feet were starting to hurt (poor me). The Sugar Babes who now have had so many changes to the original line up aren't really the Sugar Babes anymore in my mind but they were entertaining enough and I had a little sing along. They actually can sing which was nice.

Sugar Babes-old line up!

I managed to shuffle up a bit which was nice but then La Roux came on. I quite like the singles Ellie and co have released but my god they were bad. She pissed me off when she said "you better ****ing dance" so I said "you better ****ing make me then" to some girls whom I had had a little chat with- they pissed themselves laughing. Ellie annoyed me- sorry love.

La Roux who has amazing hair but is a bit whiny.

END OF PART 2

:lmfao::lmfao:

Goldfrapp were up next and it was looking promising as a 12ft high silver inflatable arch went up. She looked amazing- in a glitter cat suit and glitter cape. She had 2 massive fans (blowy things not people) at the front which she stood over for the whole performance which made her cape float and her hair look wind swept. I love Goldfrapp's music but she had no banter. Anyway it was early Mika time.

Goldfrapp-this one went off!

It was now 7.30 and the sunflowers came out!

I saw Owain and the crew putting out the set and Yasmine putting out the flowers. I saw John pop his head around the corner of the stage too:naughty:

It was then Mika time.

The band came on first and Mika came on before the music started-the stage was quite small. He started with Relax and the whole crowd were loving it. I had a 65yrold ish man next to me and his arms were up in the air the whole time. Mika really know's how to work it. Big girl was next and team JiMMa looked like they were having a lot of fun. I was opposite Martin and I got a lovely smile when he recognised me.

Mika was running all over the place and the camera men were having a job keeping up with him. Mika was really on form and said he was pleased to be back in England after touring for so long and back in Chelmsford for V:wub2: (okies is it possible to love this man more than I do already?) Okies I know he probably says the same thing everywhere he goes but I'm gonna be blinkered and believe him:mf_rosetinted:

I think Billy Brown was next and he couldn't keep still after the first verse he was away from the piano- which I do believe is rare for Billy.

END OF PART 3

I can't remember the whole set list but I will have ago. Blue Eyes or Blame It On The Girls was up next (can't really remember TBH). During BIOTG he did the split the crowd thing I was on the losing side- I wonder to whom he was referring to when he said stop jumping you are losing:naughty:

Happy Ending was short but sweet and the crowd all copied iMMa doing the heart thing with their hands- bless:wub2: He changed the ending-instead of finishing with happy ending he went on for another line- it was like he wanted to hear the crowd singing along and didn't know when to stop.

There were no Lollipop Girls or Big Girls- so no death march ( I guess the stage was far too small) but he did shoot the band during love today which was really funny the crowd were really egging him on:roftl: He did the 1.....2......2.....3 thing and IT WENT OFF! It was really lovely to see non MFC Mika fans (or even non Mika fans) jumping away I loved it:mf_lustslow: I really didn't know what to expect- with MFC you know the crowd is gonna love it, it's a given but I can't describe how made up I was.

Mika also said how proud he was to be on before the Pet Shop Boys again- he was like a kid in a sweet shop I think.

He then sang WAG (fabulous crowd support again) and Grace Kelly- it was just brilliant -he did several Kchinga's!

They then brought the bins on for Lollipop and I did the whoo whoo thing -like I was on autopilot. I forgot for a moment I was on my own and thought I had my girls with me :(

Then it came to an end- He totally rocked it!

The girls I was beside asked me beforehand why I travel everywhere to see Mika and at the end I just turned around and said "That's why" :wub2:

By this stage my feet were killing, I was tired and hungry so decided to call it a night- I wanted to stay for the Pet Shop Boys but my mind and body had had enough. It then took me 2 hours to get back to my car as the stewards gave me wrong directions and ended up walking down the A414 in the rain!

The things we do to see Mika!

I would also like to thank the wonderful Laurel for my ticket- I friccking owe you big time! Love ya:wub2:

Edited by jemmalee
Forgot to mention he did Rain aswell -which went off!