REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23-AUG-2010

lollipop_monkey

Eloise- the only bad thing ever about Mika gigs is that I ALWAYS find when I get home that there are people I managed to miss meeting- and how on earth did I miss that cow hat :huglove: Glad you managed to get in, but next time make sure you barge right up to the front of the queue and say "Hi, I'm Eloise" so we can all meet you and your mom- OK?

Hope someone has a pic or vid of you :thumb_yello: but it doesn't sound as if I was near you.

It was good to finally meet Feiticero (who I can never spell) Sheena and Treasa too.

Edit- I'd go for Sweet Dreams over PUOTF any day- and while he didn't do Satellite he did do Over My Shoulder, which was an unexpected treat. But By THe Time, Mika- By The Time

Edited by Soaring Simpson

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eloise- the only bad thing ever about Mika gigs is that I ALWAYS find when I get home that there are people I managed to miss meeting- and how on earth did I miss that cow hat :huglove: Glad you managed to get in, but next time make sure you barge right up to the front of the queue and say "Hi, I'm Eloise" so we can all meet you and your mom- OK?

Hope someone has a pic or vid of you :thumb_yello: but it doesn't sound as if I was near you.

It was good to finally meet Feiticero (who I can never spell) Sheena and Treasa too.

Edit- I'd go for Sweet Dreams over PUOTF any day- and while he didn't do Satellite he did do Over My Shoulder, which was an unexpected treat. But By THe Time, Mika- By The Time

Oh I will! If you read my report you would understand why! But i will love meetin you!

Is Satellite a song in his new album? Im a bit lost here :teehee:

NO, it's a cover version he used as what used to be called a B side to one of his singles- GK, I think. You can buy it on iTunes (in rthe UK anyway) It's lovely- mostly just voice and guitar. I think we're all in the dark about the third album

I think I can only reiterate what Sariflor has already said.

I thought Mika seemed really tired too, but he threw himself into the performance anyway and we had a great time.

I wish he was doing more of his slower songs, but he seems to have decided that audiences are happier with his faster stuff :dunno:

I have meant to say this before, but I can't understand why he keep "Touches You" so relatively early in the set list - he seems to treat it as a throwaway song, but surely he must realise the reaction it gets.

Anyway, some not very good pics :naughty: (I promise you Treasa has got some very good ones which she had better be posting soon).

IMGP1171.jpg

IMGP1172.jpg

IMGP1182.jpg

Eloise, we did see you and your mum go up to Marie, but didn't realise it was you. You should have come across to the queue and said hello to us :naughty:

Sorry! Its just that I didnt really know who anyone was! and i havent ever seen pics of you, so i have no idea!

Sorry! Its just that I didnt really know who anyone was! and i havent ever seen pics of you, so i have no idea!

If it's a Mika gig, you can guarantee the first people in the queue are MFCers :naughty: Sariflor, for example, was one of the people sat in the chairs, and I was quite near the front of the queue (with the Mika Fan Club bag).

Oh, you can pretty much count on MFCers being at the front of the queue- and anyone would have directed you to the people you'd been chatting to online. In fact, in the normal way of things, you'd have had to go to the front of the queue to get a number and give your name then

Edited by Soaring Simpson

If it's a Mika gig, you can guarantee the first people in the queue are MFCers :naughty: Sariflor, for example, was one of the people sat in the chairs, and I was quite near the front of the queue (with the Mika Fan Club bag).

Oh, you can pretty much count on MFCers being at the front of the queue- and anyone would have directed you to the people you'd been chatting to online.

Ah right!!! I will look out for you next time. I will wear the hat. It will be my signature item:naughty:

Thank you so much for all reports and pics and Sara´s vids, I love them.

But where are Rose or Jazzy, a lot of us want to hear about the Birthday present so badly. How did it go....., pleeeeeaaase :teehee:

Thank you everyone for your enthusiastic reports, reading them I'm getting my Mika-spirit back!:wub2:

I can't believe his tour is ending for now :boxed: it seems like yesterday it started in Belfast!

When we were talking to him and I think Danika had said something about him not coming back until the third album, I told him that that sucked, and if that was actually really the case, and he said "oh,I always end up doing something anyway" so I figured that it might not be that long until he actually does a gig anyway :roftl:.

I know that he said something about 6 months time,but I reckon that there might be more, once he gets back home and into a routine, and he starts missing performing. At least, I hope :naughty:.

I'm putting my hope to this, preferably in London, seated and acoustic...thank you! Well a fan can have her dreams, right!:naughty:

I never noticed your bag! :teehee: I would have liked to see it.

But where are Rose or Jazzy, a lot of us want to hear about the Birthday present so badly. How did it go....., pleeeeeaaase :teehee:

Thanks Sabine :blush-anim-cl:. About the birthday thing, I saw that they gave it to him, and I heard that Jazzy recorded it, so I'm sure that they will post it soon.

I really enjoyed the whole thing, despite being soaked by the time we were finally let in :badmood:

I wasn't originally going to go the pre-gig meet up, but I was glad I did, as we enjoyed a pleasant drink in the warm non-rainy Edinburgh air, and it was nice to actually meet so many of the people I have been chatting to for the last few months.

In a way, it's all these extra things we do outside of Mika gigs which makes the MFC such a great fanclub to belong to :group_hug:

I think the weather could have been better, but considering the hours we spent queuing (the longest I have done), the time really passed quite quickly. Again, I got to meet new friends (Hi Alice - I wish I could speak French) and to see people I hadn't seen for ages like Wendi and Robi and Deb.

I had to call you Vicky as I couldn't spot you initially............you are just too wee these days :naughty:

So you did!! I forgot ...quite a blur some of last night!!:teehee:

i guess my post wants a place after yours kath! :

the gig was SO GOOD as always, Mika never disappoint us, does he?

I was second row behind Vicky and Ingie and OH MY!! they WERE screaming!

those fans!

i enjoyed the gig, i had a lot of space around me (strange isn't it...and i don't even smell!) and i could dance a lot, no pushing at all (but not jump...dammed knee :

Mika was sweet as always at the M&G outside, and i was my naughty self :

R.: you know i love you, right? you know that?

M.: yes, true (funny face pretending to be scared of the following question)

R.: so....why Sweet Dreams AGAIN and not One Foot Boy or Pick up off the floor just for a change? :

M.: (smiling) mmmmmmm...next time

R.: there WON'T be a next time!

M.: there's always a next time! :

damned Mika!!! :s

but you KNOW i love you, right? :

anyway

the absolute bonus of this gig was meeting people i haven't met for AGES!

Deb and Wendi were the cherries on top, the cake being all the rest of fans i know, so many of them gathered at the same gig! :wub2:

I'm so happy i went, the memory will accompany me for months!

Lovely to see you and the wonderful and charming Allegra!! So much i love you too:wub2: I hope we didn't bother u too much screaming and dancing!!

I was a bit hyper i admit!

ops i posted too late :naughty:

@vicky

your sandwiches saved our midnight dinner!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I am soooo glad you took them!!

That had been the MFC breakfast and edinburgh picnic ..no need to waste it :-D:naughty:

reports hmmm im not that great at that stuff unless its full of swear words soooo ..... arrived @ edinburgh on sunday afternoon , sweet talked our wee gay recepionist to put our crap in room then headed off into the toon (christ those hills were a killer) laughed at tourists (has to be done) got bashed in the back with tourist`s babies... met up with vicky & co then watched some really bad street acts ! round about 6ish we headed off to see janey godley which cameron found hilarious maybe because all she did was talk about sex & swear .... afterward we met up with the nutters again :wink2: next morning me , bubbles , luke & cameron headed to the venue in the pissing rain & met with the others ... i was dreading having to wait so long for those bloody doors to open but david & cameron kept us all amused for a while so it wasnt so bad , btw im all for hiring cameron out to you all for future gigs for a reasonable rate :naughty: so to round it off ... gig - best so far , camera - got some good pics until it broke down & died , outside - t-shirt signed + cameron got a hug from mika , afterwards we said our goodbyes ... slept .... now im back in glasgow & wishing i could turn back time :( until the next time

Sheena we had fun there in the fronmt dancing and yer boy is some laddy!!

My new BF!!:teehee:

I think the great thin is we don't all need to be the same just have a laugh and yesterday was fun and funny!!

yeah it was fab :thumb_yello: ive taken cameron to quite a few gigs in the past & he said this was the best he`s been to so far !

Well of course ..... look who he was with!:teehee:

I'm back on france.

Very happy to meet you all

It was fantastic I've some picture but I'll post it later.

You too Alice! :-D

But where are Rose or Jazzy, a lot of us want to hear about the Birthday present so badly. How did it go....., pleeeeeaaase

By rights Jazzy should be exhausted after organising all the lovely tshirts- but she's young, so I don't know why she's not on here yet- unless she booked late transport to fit some sightseeing in or something

Rose is back soon i think and Jazzy is still in Edinburgh ...we will meet for lunch tomorrow ... she is still festivaling!!

The book was presented and Ingie VV awesome has it recorded ..it was great, he was ages chatting to them about it.

It will appear in a day or two i'm sure

THANK YOU!!! i'm in love with his voice here ..x

:

Rose is back soon i think and Jazzy is still in Edinburgh ...we will meet for lunch tomorrow ... she is still festivaling!!

The book was presented and Ingie VV awesome has it recorded ..it was great, he was ages chatting to them about it.

It will appear in a day or two i'm sure

Thank you, can´t wait to see that vid.

It was the same with me at other shows. I was just too shy to go up to MFCers, I know you don't bite but I didn't want you to think "who the heck is she?" :naughty:

Next time I'll introduce myself :blush-anim-cl:

I do love that hat Eloise!

And as always thanks for the reports from everyone! :biggrin2:

I really enjoyed the whole thing, despite being soaked by the time we were finally let in :badmood:

I wasn't originally going to go the pre-gig meet up, but I was glad I did, as we enjoyed a pleasant drink in the warm non-rainy Edinburgh air, and it was nice to actually meet so many of the people I have been chatting to for the last few months.

In a way, it's all these extra things we do outside of Mika gigs which makes the MFC such a great fanclub to belong to :group_hug:

I think the weather could have been better, but considering the hours we spent queuing (the longest I have done), the time really passed quite quickly. Again, I got to meet new friends (Hi Alice - I wish I could speak French) and to see people I hadn't seen for ages like Wendi and Robi and Deb.

I'm glad you came after i persuaded you:wink2:

It is nice to meet up on non gig days too and this was extra special for me of course being home but i think we took over The Last Drop outside area pretty well!!:teehee:

I'm sorry not all people were there, but it was fun :wub2: