2010 - Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23 AUG - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reports and pics!

It seems that the stage it was quite close to the first row and quite low!! that would be perfect for throwing him our paper stuff!

Rosa next time do you know where we are going?? UK!!!

Oh, believe me, this is not the norm :naughty:. You've got far more chances of a tiny place like this in other places, rather than here.

Yes, I'm there under the g or a in belga -- I had Jazzy to my right and Sosi to my left

And the random pink arm to Danika's right, just when the picture finishes, is me :lmfao:

Yes, he definitely was in a hurry but it was lovely of him to come out at

all -- and I did manage a few words with him, even after he surprised me

by saying, "Nice to see you again." (I never expect to be remembered!)

:wub2: Oh, that's very nice! Hopefully that will teach you not to moan about him not remembering you :aah:.

:lmfao: And here I thought for sure it was you giving him a hard time

about his hair! Did you notice how he put his top hat back on after

that? He was so self-conscious! :wink2:

I swear that I wasn't giving him a hard time at all :roftl:, but it seems that he just assumes that if I'm saying something, it's criticism :aah:.

It was hilarious how he totally got the wrong end of the stick, but what I found so cute was that, thinking that I was telling him about the hair, he was happy to try and fix it :teehee:. I didn't notice the hat thing though. Shame. I feel bad now :naughty:.

:yay: Six months is long, but hey, I just endured a 10-month drought, so

I think I can handle that. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Yes, exactly. We went through a much longer one between LICM and TBWKTM and we survived so I hope that he will give us little nuggets here and there to keep us going :naughty:

hello... i'm back home. i will put it all into a small report. well, we got there at 11 i think. still early enough to get a place under the roof, which was good, the weather wasn't on our side yesterday. well Qing was funny. better said, we tried to make the most fun out of it as far as possible. sometime, it just started raining again and i just wanted to get inside. people got picked for the show about 15 minutes before they opened the doors. was choosen as a dude. and just when we were choosen, it stopped raining. nice. well, we did fittings, the walk. really quick, not really time left. but it all went well. the stage was really small. and the venue itself was just small. i liked it. the stage wasn't high either. was really happy for all my freaks who got front row. such a good view. i was standing at the side all the time. still a good view. i really liked the show. it all went well on stage. at some point, i almost fell off, but i just grabbed people and continued dancing. it was funnnnn. too tired to write more. bring on the photos and videos ya'll!

x

hello... i'm back home. i will put it all into a small report. well, we got there at 11 i think. still early enough to get a place under the roof, which was good, the weather wasn't on our side yesterday. well Qing was funny. better said, we tried to make the most fun out of it as far as possible. sometime, it just started raining again and i just wanted to get inside. people got picked for the show about 15 minutes before they opened the doors. was choosen as a dude. and just when we were choosen, it stopped raining. nice. well, we did fittings, the walk. really quick, not really time left. but it all went well. the stage was really small. and the venue itself was just small. i liked it. the stage wasn't high either. was really happy for all my freaks who got front row. such a good view. i was standing at the side all the time. still a good view. i really liked the show. it all went well on stage. at some point, i almost fell off, but i just grabbed people and continued dancing. it was funnnnn. too tired to write more. bring on the photos and videos ya'll!

x

You were absolutely legendary on stage for Lollipop with your crazy dance :lmfao: Mika was just looking at you like you were totally nuts, hahahaha. It was very funny.

Anyway, re vids, I didn't take many and they are still uploading, so here is what I got so far:

Mika - Big Girl @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Blue Eyes @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

Mika - Touches You @ The HMV Picture House in Edinburgh 23 August 2010

A few more coming soon so keep an eye on my channel. I filmed the procession (albeit a bit late starting) but I didn't think of doing Lollipop, so I hpe that someone else did because it was great fun.

So, I went to Edinburgh on saturday around 8 in the morning. Too early for me. And got there at lunch time. So me and my mum just looked round the city for the rest of the day, and went in the park and stuff.

Then as we were walking down the royal mile a small chinese man came up to us and gave us a leaflet for a show called Continental. It was a Japanese mime act. So me and my mum went to the box office to see if we could get tickets for it. But the line was REALLY long and we were in the queue for almost an hour, and whilst we were in the queue and lady called Sarah something or other came up to us and gave us a leaflet for her comedyshow. So we said we would go to that on Suday.

Then sunday came.

In the morning we went to the Botanic Gardens and it was pretty there. Every five minutes I would be saying "24 hours til mika" , "22 hours til mika" e.t.c. It was fun! Then in the afternoon, we went back to the town again. I had seen this hat down the Royal Mile, and really wanted it, so i had a look at found it! I will post a pic later of me wearing it! Then later whilst walking up Royal Mile, me and my mum bumped into Vicky and Ingie! Wooo! Then they took us up to the tatoo place and we met 'the gang'.

Then we walked down into the busy city and there was a cool dude throwing fire about. MFCers just left me and my mum to watch him! (guys, you missed the best part) He breathed fire! it was awesome. then me and mum went to have pasta for tea and walked on to see the comedien sarrah person. Once we had found the venue, we then found out it was an 18 and over venue only!!! after all that too! Gosh. So we just went back to our B&B cos we were exhausted.

MONDAY ARRIVED! :D

In the morning we went down to a science place called, ok, I cant remember what it is called. Erm... Let me think. It was called something like discover earth. i really cant remember. It was about to planets and solar system. AMAZING THOUGH! and then we went to 'The Dome' to see a show that was playing in there. And then we found out DAVID TENNANT WAS DOING THE VOICE OVER :D! was truly awesome. Made me feel motion sick though.

The afternoon arrived...

Me and my mum went on a tour of the city on a tour bus. 'Twas ok. Chilly though. Then we went back to the B&B and got ready.

OK, so you guys wanna know how I got in?

I met this very kind lady on twitter, saying she could help me get in. And basically she has a bad knee, and I would go in as her 'carer' and they couldnt exactly depribe her of her carer, could they? So that is how I got in!!! Woo! and it worked! So Marie, if you are reading this, THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!

So, we got in, and we went up to the balcony and we waited about an hour for everyone to get in and for the show to start. We were at the front of the balcony, and it was a great view. But I think i was blocking the ladys view behind me cos I was wearing a big furry hat :teehee: Sorry where ever you are. The show began and Pearl and the puppets came on. They were pretty aweome.

Then Mika....

Omg, I could scream, really, could sing along, I was just so stunned. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Mika. Wow. It was unbelievable. The gig went on, and I think I must have been the most livliest person on the balcony, I was waving about on every song. And I think iMMa saw me and my hat and started laughing :aah: at me. I think. But I did look odd. Mika looked at me once during the show! :aah: Woo. But it was incredible. Unfortunetly we werent allowed to stand up on the balcony, so that was crappy.

Then the show ended :( Disappointed he didnt play that many 'slow' songs. But it was still aweseome. Me and my mum decided to queue up outside to meet mika. We didnt wait long. When he was coming up to me, my heart was pounding sooooo much. I gave him my book to sign, and he almost signed to wrong page so I shouted 'nooooooooooo! other side :)' so he turned over and signed it. Then I gave him my birthday gifts, a card and a belt. He just simply said, ooooooh that is cool. thanks.

So it was the most amazing night ever!

On the way back to the B&B i was shaking and my mum had to hug me to the bus stop! and i couldnt stop saying 'wow' .

Hope you enjoyed reading this. Thanks

You were absolutely legendary on stage for Lollipop with your crazy dance :lmfao: Mika was just looking at you like you were totally nuts, hahahaha. It was very funny.

Anyway, re vids, I didn't take many and they are still uploading, so here is what I got so far:

A few more coming soon so keep an eye on my channel. I filmed the procession (albeit a bit late starting) but I didn't think of doing Lollipop, so I hpe that someone else did because it was great fun.

thank you. you were giving quite good support. if you wanna book me, for a party, a wedding. just give my manager a call. i'll figure out discounts. :biggrin2:

nice videos :)!

Oh, believe me, this is not the norm :naughty:. You've got far more chances of a tiny place like this in other places, rather than here.

well then you were lucky!!!:wink2:

anyway to live a concert in other country with another atmosphere it must be great, even if the stage is far away:naughty:

oh. that's the group picture that's been uploaded to facebook.

40616_461399593178_657058178_6476812_512914_n.jpg

Great pic :thumb_yello:

Eloise.............I don't know how I managed to miss you anyway............and especailly when I read that you were on the same balcony as me :roftl: God, I get more Oldling everyday.

It was lovely to see so many people, friends old and new. Like Deb, I think it is possibly safer to avoid naming names as I am sure to miss someone but it was lovely anyway.

I thought that I would be sad as we don't know how long it will be to the next gig, but I wasn't really, I just enjoyed it.

It was a great gig, Mika seemed to be really enjoying it and gave his all as ever. It was indeed a lovely smallish venue. I was with Wendi up on the very top balcony. The plus point to this was that the bar was up there.......the bad (and rather strange) point being that the wheelchair accessible toilet was on the lower floor :shocked:. When we went down there we were right in the 'backstage' area - although it wasn't technically behind the stage. I felt a bit like an intruder as I was standing with Wendi's wheelchair outside the loo as I was looking directly into the room where the band etc were having dinner.:blush-anim-cl:

The view from the balcony was really good. Disabled facilities do vary a lot from venue to venue. With the exception of the loo being on the wrong floor and the lift being something from two centuries ago, this was a good one. It was really interesting to be in our position up there a few minutes before the doors opened as we were able to watch everyone come in. We had great fun MFC spotting. Abby and Hazel (Wendi's daughter) had a great spot, 2nd row, dead central and we were able to wave regularly at them.

Thank you so much to everyone that did the party bags....it looked great fun from where we were.:thumb_yello: We joined in with our bags from the balcony although we didn't throw our paper cups as I think we might have got into trouble.:naughty: If someone would like to pm me with details of who to give some money to to contribute to the costs I would be most grateful. I tried to pay before hand but no one seemed to know who I should pay :shocked:.

Thank you also to Jazzy and everyone else who helped with the T shirts. I thought they were brilliant.

And the wrist bands. I have conducted two interviews at work today with my 'Mika@Edinburgh Fringe' wristband on :naughty:

MFCers on the stage - you were all brilliant - well done! Shoni - you and your sister were great!

What a shame Sosi...........I was trying to get to ask you why you hadn't been picked but I was trapped into the line. What a pain. Glad you enjoyed the gig anyway. I spotted that you were on the front row from my vantage point.

I am glad also that the numbering system went well...........it isn't a difficult concept really is it if the security staff will take it on board.:thumb_yello:

Finally I would like to say a liitle bit about Cara, a young lady that Wendi and I met on the balcony. I don't think that Cara is an MFCer but I have her email address and when I write to her I will give her the link in case she doesn't have it. Cara is one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. Despite being up aganst some of the most difficult physical challenges that it would be possible to imagine she had the most amazing spirit and character. She is 18 years old tomorrow (Wednesday) and is going to Edinburgh Uni to study Biology ( I think it was biology anyway) She had a brilliantly clever wheelchair with a hydraulic platform :shocked: She REALLY enjoyed the show - her first time seeing Mika.

I REALLY enjoyed yesterday. Thanks to everyone.:huglove:

Edited by kath

Great pic :thumb_yello:

Eloise.............I don't know how I managed to miss you anyway............and especailly when I read that you were on the same balcony as me :roftl: God, I get more Oldling everyday.

Did you see a big fluffy hat, with horns, I was on the front row of the balcony on the left. Probably third to left from the centre.

Did you see a big fluffy hat, with horns, I was on the front row of the balcony on the left. Probably third to left from the centre.

Nope :no::naughty:

I have searched and searched my memory but saw no hat :roftl: Sorry. Did you see us? We were right at the end....left side, first two places. I had my name on my back :naughty:

Ok here goes for my first ever report. It was a really fun day to start with me and shoni were having trouble finding the place when we heard a voice shouting on shoni ! It was rose to the rescue and she pointed us in the right direction. (thanks rose x). We arrived and got our numbers 45+46. Met a few new faces for us it was great to finally put faces to names also a familiar face was oor sheena and her boy cameron who was lovely (credit to you sheena). We got busy helping to fill the party bags with freddie and others we got them all done quite quickly before the rain came on and boy did it rain. Poor soaring simpson was soaked but kept up good spirits (great to meet you btw). Eventuallu mama p came out to find lollipop girls and big girls but she was looking for people who had never done it before but as she walked back down the queue she saw me and smiled and i said we had already been big girls and she said she rememberd us from glasgow and would we like to do it again, well we had to think for a least half a second before deciding Hell Yeah! Yes venue was very small but intimate which was nice. Couldnt believe mama p asked me and shoni to go on just the 2 of us with mika for big girl OMG! She asked if we could maybe make up a wee routine or something to do together and we said yes but when we got out there we just forgot all we had practised (all of 5 mins:roftl:) and just enjoyed it. The rest of the boys and girls were all great Gayvid is just mental and luke was a gem we all had a great time dancing about at the side of the stage so we got to see all of the show nearly! At the end we were all told to wait then john came out and asked for just one persons camera as there would only be one pic taken. Mika came out and said we were the best there had been all tour !! Got our pic taken then a few words then that was it but a great night was had by all. Ok thats my rambling over now got to get back to reality now

I'm really glad it worked out well for you!!!

Was great for you both...and well done making up the party bags too ...i just got a bit lost at bits , he he!:naughty:

Back now dudes! It was awesome. So awesome I cried a tiny bit and when he came on the stage, I could scream. Epic man.

When i met mika, my mum thought she was filming me and him meeting each other, but she wasnt recording :'( So does anyone have a video of a girl with a furry hat with horns kinda small, black coat, cos that is me, and i really wanna see what my face was like when i met him.

I shall do a report later, and just incase you were wandering, I did get in!!!!

I'm so glad as we never saw you before we went in!!

Great to see you on sunday takin in the fire festival at the fringe!!:teehee:

Sorry we never saw you much after but so glad you had a blast and say hi to your mum :-D

x

It was great to hang out with you and i'm so glad it owrked out for you and the boys !!:wink2: AWESOME as @Ingievv says ...babeh

You were absolutely legendary on stage for Lollipop with your crazy dance Mika was just looking at you like you were totally nuts, hahahaha. It was very funny.

Great, have commented on YT and watched with joy seeing Mika in Edinburgh:biggrin2:

Great pic

It was lovely to see so many people, friends old and new. Like Deb, I think it is possibly safer to avoid naming names as I am sure to miss someone but it was lovely anyway.

I thought that I would be sad as we don't know how long it will be to the next gig, but I wasn't really, I just enjoyed it.

It was a great gig, Mika seemed to be really enjoying it and gave his all as ever. It was indeed a lovely smallish venue. I was with Wendi up on the very top balcony. The plus point to this was that the bar was up there.......the bad (and rather strange) point being that the wheelchair accessible toilet was on the lower floor When we went down there we were right in the 'backstage' area - although it wasn't technically behind the stage. I felt a bit like an intruder as I was standing with Wendi's wheelchair outside the loo as I was looking directly into the room where the band etc were having dinner.

The view from the balcony was really good. Disabled facilities do vary a lot from venue to venue. With the exception of the loo being on the wrong floor and the lift being something from two centuries ago, this was a good one. It was really interesting to be in our position up there a few minutes before the doors opened as we were able to watch everyone come in. We had great fun MFC spotting. Abby and Hazel (Wendi's daughter) had a great spot, 2nd row, dead central and we were able to wave regularly at them.

Thank you so much to everyone that did the party bags....it looked great fun from where we were We joined in with our bags from the balcony although we didn't throw our paper cups as I think we might have got into trouble.:naughty: If someone would like to pm me with details of who to give some money to to contribute to the costs I would be most grateful. I tried to pay before hand but no one seemed to know who I should pay :shocked:.

Thank you also to Jazzy and everyone else who helped with the T shirts. I thought they were brilliant.

And the wrist bands. I have conducted two interviews at work today with my 'Mika@Edinburgh Fringe' wristband on :naughty:

MFCers on the stage - you were all brilliant - well done! Shoni - you and your sister were great!

What a shame Sosi...........I was trying to get to ask you why you hadn't been picked but I was trapped into the line. What a pain. Glad you enjoyed the gig anyway. I spotted that you were on the front row from my vantage point.

I am glad also that the numbering system went well...........it isn't a difficult concept rreally is it if the security staff will take it on board.

Finally I would like to say a liitle bit about Cara, a young lady that Wendi and I met on the balcony. I don't think that Cara is an MFCer but I have her email address and when I write to her I will give her the link in case she doesn't have it. Cara is one of the most inspireing people I have ever met. Despite being up aganst some of the most difficult physical challenges that it would be possible to imagine she had the most amazing spirit and character. She is 18 years old tomorrow (Wednesday) and is going to Edinburgh Uni to study Biology ( I think it was biology anyway) She had a brilliantly clever wheelchair with a hydraulic platform :shocked: She REALLY enjoyed the show - her first time seeing Mika.

I REALLY enjoyed yesterday. Thanks to everyone.

Great report Kath too and it was fun waving up to you!!!

oh. that's the group picture that's been uploaded to facebook.

40616_461399593178_657058178_6476812_512914_n.jpg

AWESOME :biggrin2:

Nope :no::naughty:

I have searched and searched my memory but saw no hat :roftl: Sorry. Did you see us? We were right at the end....left side, first two places. I had my name on my back :naughty:

ah. I meant the right. I didnt mean the left. So that is probably why. I did turn round once in a while to actually see if anyone else was waving and dancing along, and it might have been you i saw.

Great to see you on sunday takin in the fire festival at the fringe!!:teehee:

Sorry we never saw you much after but so glad you had a blast and say hi to your mum :-D

Was great to see you too!