• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, thanks for the video! I haven't found it yet! :aah:

And the picture is cool, here's some more:

http://www.cgm.pl/galeria.php?gallery_ID=10737&photo_ID=145

Much more.

If it's showing you a cut image, go back to the previous one and then to the next, it should look ok. :thumb_yello:

Wow! Great pictures! :wub2:

I especially love this one! :fangurl:

167lv.jpg

Much more.

If it's showing you a cut image, go back to the previous one and then to the next, it should look ok. :thumb_yello:

Thank you, lovely pics! :thumb_yello:

I love the one where he plays the trumpet. But I don't know how to get it and show it here...

Wow! Great pictures! :wub2:

I especially love this one! :fangurl:

167lv.jpg

Oh, I'm melting when I see that cheeky smile :drool:

Thank you, lovely pics! :thumb_yello:

I love the one where he plays the trumpet. But I don't know how to get it and show it here...

I don't know either :dunno:

Just came back home, so here's finally my report.

First of all: I've been to 12 Mika gigs in the last 14 months and this one really blew me away! Not only because it was in my home country, but because I know how choosy Polish festival audience can be and this time... if you read or watch any reports from yesterday in the Polish media nobody is talking about Nelly Furtado nor any of the Polish acts... Everyone is amazed with Mika's show!!! (and he was followed by 2 other artists):thumb_yello:

They didn't know how good our boy is live, I have not heard or read one word of criticism! That he was late? Well, they had to tune all the instruments... But as he said: 'I promise in ten minutes you will forget that (we were late)', I don't think anyone had a reason to complain after the show.

It was approx. 1hr and 15-20 minutes long. He only didn't play Doctor John, Over My Shoulder, Touches You and Toy Boy but all the other songs he always plays were there!

I arrived at the venue at about 1pm, which was enough to be 48th in the queue - well enough for the first row.

Big thank you to the Orange and TVN team - they let all the fans with numbers well before everyone else could enter the venue - and from the gates we still had about half a mile to walk (or run):roftl:

Big thanks to Nelly Furtado's fans (much, much less of them at the show than Mika fans). They were queueing with us and then let some of the MFCers in the front row - we promised to leave as soon as Mika left the stage:naughty:

Just before the show Mika was interviewed in an improvised studio above the stage - his back was facing the audience but of course we recognised him and started shouting his name. He turned to us and waved in our direction:thumb_yello: The girls standing next to me were blown away, as it was their first ever Mika gig - they could not believe he was there. I could not believe he was FINALLY in Warsaw!!!

When it all began with Relax, the audience reaction was unbelievable! I was so proud of us and of Mika and of the fact that even people who came to see other acts were amazed by his vocals, charisma, the band etc. etc.

The highlights of the show were undoubtedly the trumpet solo, where Mika asked us to sing along, then his jump in front of the stage and run through the audience. And of course WAG!!! The girls distributed hundreds of golden foil sheets, we had confetti which springs at 8 metres high and... you can imagine the rest. Mika stopped singing for a while at the beginning and laughed instead:biggrin2: The cameramen were helpless as they no longer knew whether to film Mika or us:mf_rosetinted:

He ended, as usual, with Lollipop (new drums instead of bins!!!) preceded by Grace Kelly. Mika was leaving the stage a while longer than usual and when he said the final THANK YOU, I could feel satisfaction and emotion in his voice. Now I'm waiting for the tv release - the majority of the concert is to be shown later by Polish TVN. Eeeh.... Can't believe the tour is all over:crybaby:

Thank you to all the Polish MFCers I had the pleasure to meet yesterday! I hope (and I know) it wasn't our only Polish Mika gig:thumb_yello: All of you were AMAZING!!! Wielkie dzięki i do zobaczenia na polskim forum (o ile w końcu uda mi się zarejestrować)

Edited by Kasia_xxx

VIDEO

RELACJA TVN24.PL Z ORANGE WARSAW FESTIVAL

Scroll down+down please.

It's a bit video.

Love Today -- http://www.tvn24.pl/-1,1671372,0,1,wieczor-panienski-na-sluzewcu-mika-dal-czadu,wiadomosc.html

Already posted that ;)

For the pictures... I played around a bit :teehee:... (I'm so naughty! :aah:)

And if you go here:

http://www.cgm.pl/_photo_vault/2010/owf/2/b/

You can save them! :) Mika pics start from number 155.jpg :thumb_yello:

First of all: I've been to 12 Mika gigs in the last 14 months and this one really blew me away! Not only because it was in my home country, but because I know how choosy Polish festival audience can be and this time... if you read or watch any reports from yesterday in the Polish media nobody is talking about Nelly Furtado nor any of the Polish acts... Everyone is amazed with Mika's show!!! (and he was followed by 2 other artists):thumb_yello:

They didn't know how good our boy is live, I have not heard or read one word of criticism! That he was late? Well, they had to tune all the instruments... But as he said: 'I promise in ten minutes you will forget that (we were late)', I don't think anyone had a reason to complain after the show.

It was approx. 1hr and 15-20 minutes long. He only didn't play Doctor John, Over My Shoulder, Touches You and Toy Boy but all the other songs he always plays were there!

I arrived at the venue at about 1pm, which was enough to be 48th in the queue - well enough for the first row.

Big thank you to the Orange and TVN team - they let all the fans with numbers well before everyone else could enter the venue - and from the gates we still had about half a mile to walk (or run):roftl:

Big thanks to Nelly Furtado's fans (much, much less of them at the show than Mika fans). They were queueing with us and then let some of the MFCers in the front row - we promised to leave as soon as Mika left the stage:naughty:

Just before the show Mika was interviewed in an improvised studio above the stage - his back was facing the audience but of course we recognised him and started shouting his name. He turned to us and waved in our direction:thumb_yello: The girls standing next to me were blown away, as it was their first ever Mika gig - they could not believe he was there. I could not believe he was FINALLY in Warsaw!!!

When it all began with Relax, the audience reaction was unbelievable! I was so proud of us and of Mika and of the fact that even people who came to see other acts were amazed by his vocals, charisma, the band etc. etc.

The highlights of the show were undoubtedly the trumpet solo, where Mika asked us to sing along, then his jump in front of the stage and run through the audience. And of course WAG!!! The girls distributed hundreds of golden foil sheets, we had confetti which springs at 8 metres high and... you can imagine the rest. Mika stopped singing for a while at the beginning and laughed instead:biggrin2: The cameramen were helpless as they no longer knew whether to film Mika or us:mf_rosetinted:

He ended, as usual, with Lollipop (new drums instead of bins!!!) preceded by Grace Kelly. Mika was leaving the stage a while longer than usual and when he said the final THANK YOU, I could feel satisfaction and emotion in his voice. Now I'm waiting for the tv release - the majority of the concert is to be shown later by Polish TVN. Eeeh.... Can't believe the tour is all over:crybaby:

Thank you to all the Polish MFCers I had the pleasure to meet yesterday! I hope (and I know) it wasn't our only Polish Mika gig:thumb_yello: All of you were AMAZING!!! Wielkie dzięki i do zobaczenia na polskim forum (o ile w końcu uda mi się zarejestrować)

Thank you so much for your report, sounds absolutely amazing :mf_lustslow: So happy to hear his first performance in Poland was a success, and what a way to end his tour :thumb_yello: Can't believe it's all over... Well, he deserves some rest now :wub2:

Thank you everyone for reports etc.! :thumb_yello:

Now I'm waiting for the tv release - the majority of the concert is to be shown later by Polish TVN.

That's amazing news since it sounds like it was an incredible gig that really made an impression! :biggrin2:

They didn't know how good our boy is live, I have not heard or read one word of criticism!

That is such great news, Kasia:thumb_yello:

Happy for you! He received great reviews here as well.

It is so true so few people in this part of Europe know how talented he is and what great shows he does.

It was a great choice to try to promote himself at festivals in as many countries as possible where mainstream media do not support him

PS: thanks for the report Caramella as well

That is such great news, Kasia:thumb_yello:

Happy for you! He received great reviews here as well.

It is so true so few people in this part of Europe know how talented he is and what great shows he does.

It was a great choice to try to promote himself at festivals in as many countries as possible where mainstream media do not support him

PS: thanks for the report Caramella as well

I'm sure with his next album we'll see more of Mika in Poland!:thumb_yello: Reviews are flowing in - Mika is called 'the biggest showman of the festival', 'the black horse':roftl:, 'adored by fans':mf_lustslow:, 'outstanding vocals' etc. etc.

Thanks for the fantastic report Kasia:flowers2: It's fantastic to hear that the Polish crowd rocked at the last show of this amazing tour!!! What you wrote about feeling the emotion and satisfaction in his "thank you" is really touching:wub2:

Thanks for the fantastic report Kasia:flowers2: It's fantastic to hear that the Polish crowd rocked at the last show of this amazing tour!!! What you wrote about feeling the emotion and satisfaction in his "thank you" is really touching:wub2:

It was a beautiful THANK YOU:wub2:

See what we've found in the internet (me in the grey blouse:naughty:)

Brodka20i20Mika251.jpg

and this one:mf_lustslow:

1801.jpg

It was a beautiful THANK YOU:wub2:

See what we've found in the internet (me in the grey blouse:naughty:)

Brodka20i20Mika251.jpg

and this one:mf_lustslow:

1801.jpg

I hope someone has it on video!! The pics are fantastic. Love the writings on the hands:biggrin2:

I just got back to London and I'm knackered.. But I've been waiting for three years for a gig in Poland so a report is a must.

First of all, a funny story. I arrived at Heathrow on Saturday, checked the number of my gate, went to the lounge, sat down and, to my amazement, noticed MIKA sitting on the opposite seat. I immediately decided to act cool, which of course proved impossible as I have the exact opposite of what they call poker face.. I knew that Mama P noticed my facial expressions, changing from blank to uncontrollable grin, so I said hi and talked very briefly to them so that they knew I wasn't a total creep. I then went to my queue and was soon approached by Mama P who asked if I wanted to join M on stage the next day. My answer was thank you but no, as having fun in the first row was my definite priority. But I think it was really lovely of her to ask :wub2:

And now, about the show. It was a very different gig for me from all the others I went to over the last 3 years. First of all, it was stressful. We planned something special, we wanted to make Warsaw Golden.. We prepared 1400 pieces of golden foil to give out to people. I was terrified it would turn into an epic fail, so that was my worry number one. We did distribute them, people seemed ok with the idea, but seeing as MIKA was just one of the acts, and not even the main one, I just couldn't know if people would actually participate. Apart from golden foil, we brought along lots of exploding confetti. We wanted to use them all together, all of us in the first row. Or two rows actually, the audience was split in two. Will they work? Will we do it in the right moment? Will M notice? They are very loud, will we not get into trouble with the the security guys? Worry number three - there was a meet and greet planned for a very limited number of people. You could win passes in a few competitions run by the festival, a big Polish radio station and a tv station. Living in London, it was next to impossible for me to take part in those competitions. And not taking part in them made it rather difficult to win.. Despite that, I couldn't imagine not meeting MIKA in Poland and I was hoping for a miracle. I know now that waiting for miracles is also very stressful.

So it is with great joy that I say that it all worked out perfectly. Warsaw was Golden. The number of people participating surpassed my expectations entirely. We thought of the idea two weeks before the gig. Kam, Iwa and I were sitting in my flat in Ldn and thinking about what we can do to make the gig special. And then it hit me - Golden Foil! I cannot possibly describe how it felt to turn around and see the amazing result of that one late night conversation. It was really touching. I lived in Warsaw for 4 years, it is a very special place for me, and knowing we made it Golden for one day.. It just means a lot to me. Also, we later spoke to festival's photographer who started asking us about that whole golden foil thing. He said it looked amazing, showed us photos he took, and said that people from the tv station that organized the festival were very impressed. It makes it that more meaningful as we wrote to them to ask if they were willing to help us in any way, and they said no. It is nice to know we managed anyway and the result was not too shabby.

The confetti thing went so smoothly too. It was perfect. When Mika saw the first ones he started laughing in the middle of the song.. We didn't synchronize perfectly, as some of them proved harder to work than the others, but that actually turned out for the best, as they were HUGE, 8 meters high, so one or two was enough for a wall of confetti to appear. And we had 25 of those :biggrin2: So you could see confetti bursting every now and then during the whole We Are Golden, with the last cloud of confetti, opened by Kam, landing exactly over MIKA. He kept smiling, it was just perfect.

I'm also very glad because at one point I started chatting with a girl working for the festival. I told her that I flew from London and that I'm there to see MIKA. Well, that WE are all there to see MIKA, we completely took over the first rows :biggrin2: I also mentioned that I wish I could meet MIKA, having waited for that gig for so long. She then told me that "she'll see what she can do". She came back after some time and told me she made a few calls and managed to add me to the list of winners going to the meet and greet. Needless to say, I was over the moon to hear that. And she was so lovely, when we arrived to the m&g after the gig, she started looking for me to make sure I was there :wub2:

The meet and greet was lovely. MIKA didn't have a lot of time so they divided us in a few groups of 5 to speed things up. The 5 of us, from Polish mfc, were the last ones to talk to MIKA. It was very relaxed, M was all smiles, and I loved how he told Andy, you can see that in the video posted a few pages back, that he was watching him during the gig and that he obviously had a great time. It was a first MIKA gig for Andy, first time he met him, so I imagine it must have been a nice thing to hear :wink2: MIKA took more than enough time to talk to us, we gave him our gifts, which was mentioned earlier. I'm going to sound immodest but those were really nice gifts and he liked them a lot :biggrin2: We couldn't use our cameras but there was an official photographer there and he took a group photo of us as well as taking photos while we were talking, so they should be quite nice.

As that show was the very first MIKA gig for a lot of Polish fans, I so wish M could meet the rest of us.. But he did have an early flight the next day so that was impossible. However, I'm sure it will be easier to arrange when he comes to Poland next time. And, judging by yesterday's show, I have no doubt that it will happen sooner than later.

All in all, it's been the most wonderful day, definitely worth waiting for :wub2:

Much more.

love em!!!!

:roftl:

2.jpg

Unavngivet.jpg

Peace....

1.jpg

wauw...

3.jpg

Edited by Dark Angel