How do you feel right now? part 4

Dark Angel

Decision made! With all this talk about writing I will definitely create our very own writers thread! Just give me a couple of days to get it right 😊

@Aki Celeste the Philip Pullman book is called Daemon Voices (I highly recommend this for any writer not just fantasy!), I didn't know Neil Gaiman wrote one on writing, I'll have to look that up! And I'm currently looking for the Stephen King one Danse Macabre.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Same here! Writing is HARD though!

I've been working on my horror story since 2017 and I'm still not done 😅

I'd love to share more about my interests in reading/writing online, but I haven't come across any discussion or forum based websites that are suitable for what I'm looking for.

I am working on a Mika related project which I'm hoping to share soon, and it might actually help with getting to know more fans. We shall see....

Yeah it's not always easy - I wish it was! I have a few novel ideas and have started planning for them, but the thought of actually writing them seems a bit overwhelming at times. Still, I'm determined. My main advice is to never give up! :original:

I don't know if you've heard of Goodreads? I think they may have forums where you can talk to other readers/writers. There's also Wattpad, although it seems to be more aimed at fanfiction writers.

The Mika related project sounds exciting!

2 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

I just want to say, all of you are not alone or weird for experiencing this! Even though I'm no longer in my twenties and technically have a full-time "real" job, I can see so much of myself in these comments. I enjoyed my university years to a certain extent but didn't come out of it with a lot of friends or job opportunities in the field I studied (French language and literature with an informal English minor, as I took a ton of literature and creative writing classes).

I wouldn't say I felt I had found a "real" job until I got into my late twenties or early thirties even, and it was in a completely different field. I'm pretty content with where I'm at now, COVID challenges notwithstanding, but I can empathize with those of you who are still in the emerging phase and figuring out what direction you want to go in. I hate to say it, but for many of us, the search never ends (or at least it hasn't for me!). Even while I'm working a full-time job, I still have dreams of being a writer myself and am slowly figuring out ways to cultivate the possibility of it becoming a reality.

@BeccaStardust

Glad you enjoyed university and have finally found a full-time job. I didn't go to uni but I did go to college and, while I liked the experience, I didn't feel it prepared me enough for job-hunting.

Maybe we should all team up and start our own writers' forum together? :lol:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

There's also Wattpad, although it seems to be more aimed at fanfiction writers.

Yeah I looked at Wattpad, I don't think it's really for me. I will have a look at Goodreads though.

12 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Maybe we should all team up and start our own writers' forum together? :lol:

I can see how this might go...

We start with a thread here, then start developing a brand new website, then draw people into writing groups around the world, then we all chip in to buy a massive writers' cottage in the middle of the countryside where we can all converge and actually get some writing done! 😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Decision made! With all this talk about writing I will definitely create our very own writers thread! Just give me a couple of days to get it right 😊

@Aki Celeste the Philip Pullman book is called Daemon Voices (I highly recommend this for any writer not just fantasy!), I didn't know Neil Gaiman wrote one on writing, I'll have to look that up! And I'm currently looking for the Stephen King one Danse Macabre.

That's a very good idea :thumb_yello: :huglove:

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 1:10 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'd love to share more about my interests in reading/writing online, but I haven't come across any discussion or forum based websites that are suitable for what I'm looking for.

I keep forgetting that I created this thread ages ago, and so far no one else has interacted with it 😔

Feel free to talk about your favourite films, books and authors there! 😊

I've also got a writing thread ready to go in my drafts, I'm thinking of putting it under General Chin Wagging for now but if you want any shared writing to be more private then I could put it in Members Chat. Let me know!

On 1/31/2022 at 1:31 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've also got a writing thread ready to go in my drafts, I'm thinking of putting it under General Chin Wagging

Here you go! 😊

• 2 months later...

I'm feeling excited. I'm going to be home alone for a week, I'm curious what that's going to be like. So far it's going well, honestly nothing has changed, only that now I'm the one who has to take out the garbage and i can cook at anytime.

020c80bb0dbc8e2a76d2e01e21479a92.jpg.9d2e7e0a72e5c5a60194d43917c1e520.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lulul said:

I'm feeling excited. I'm going to be home alone for a week, I'm curious what that's going to be like. So far it's going well, honestly nothing has changed, only that now I'm the one who has to take out the garbage and i can cook at anytime.

020c80bb0dbc8e2a76d2e01e21479a92.jpg.9d2e7e0a72e5c5a60194d43917c1e520.jpg

I don't mind being alone as you can be tremendously selfish and indulge yourself :teehee:  Eat what you like, when you like, have the bathroom to yourself, no disagreements over what to watch on TV etc   And you can play Mika REALLY LOUD!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So my graduation was yesterday (two years late due to COVID) I had really great day, it was nice to catch up with everyone and the overall day was good (other then no catering at what was a catering uni )

I was originally going to post here to vent my frustration as half my photos were missing last night but having another look this morning  before I posting they are now there

So I'm feeling relieved and happy 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

So my graduation was yesterday (two years late due to COVID) I had really great day, it was nice to catch up with everyone and the overall day was good (other then no catering at what was a catering uni )

I was originally going to post here to vent my frustration as half my photos were missing last night but having another look this morning  before I posting they are now there

Congratulations on graduating!!! 

Odd that there was no food for a catering Uni, then again when I graduated all they offered were scones and luke warm tea! 😅

(agricultural Uni, so what was I expecting? 🙃)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Congratulations to you :yay::huglove:Glad you found all your photos :hi5:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Odd that there was no food for a catering Uni, then again when I graduated all they offered were scones and luke warm tea! 😅

The Campus no longer exists as a Uni and were the last people graduating there (They moved to the main Campus) so no students to help organise it, When we were there we did full catering for it, its sad that they didn't try and do anything esp since some are there from 9 till 3. with Just Tea and Biscusts 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I love scones but lukewarm tea is awful :yikes: However there is no such thing as graduation in France... you just had to go to your school and try to find your name on a wall and see if you passed or not :hair: I guess today you find out online hopefully :pray: but that's all

I had to graduate in the USA to get to wear a plastic coat and hat to get my diploma...however there was nothing to eat or drink... but strangely my American graduation is what made me realize I had graduated in France a year ago :lmfao:and I was back the first thing I had to do was go and get my physical French diploma because my parents hadn't been allowed to withdraw it for me...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

How do I feel right now? Well this gif sums up my whole week... 🙃

This Is Fine GIF

Mum is having an operation tomorrow, it's nothing massively major and she will be fine but I'm a natural worrier and my anxiety is through the roof right now. I know for a fact that I won't feel any differently until it's all over. Everything seems to have happened really fast and there's a lot of stuff to do this week.

I will likely be slow to respond to notifications, if not at all actually. I'm far too overwhelmed for social media at the moment 😞

Positive vibes please and new music from Mika again will definitely help!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

How do I feel right now? Well this gif sums up my whole week... 🙃

This Is Fine GIF

Mum is having an operation tomorrow, it's nothing massively major and she will be fine but I'm a natural worrier and my anxiety is through the roof right now. I know for a fact that I won't feel any differently until it's all over. Everything seems to have happened really fast and there's a lot of stuff to do this week.

I will likely be slow to respond to notifications, if not at all actually. I'm far too overwhelmed for social media at the moment 😞

Positive vibes please and new music from Mika again will definitely help!

Hope everything goes well with mum :hug:

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:54 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mum is having an operation tomorrow, it's nothing massively major and she will be fine

Update! 

Mum has had her batteries changed* and is recovering well at home! I'm so relieved and can finally breathe! 

*she is secretly a robot 🤖 

I am however currently saddened by the news of the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. May she rest in peace.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Update! 

Mum has had her batteries changed* and is recovering well at home! I'm so relieved and can finally breathe! 

*she is secretly a robot 🤖 

I am however currently saddened by the news of the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. May she rest in peace.

Glad that everything went well :hug:

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 7:56 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mum has had her batteries changed

Y'all may think I'm joking with a sentence like this, but my Mum REALLY DID have her batteries changed! :lol3:

Little implant on her spine ran out of juice and needed to be replaced. I'm amazed at my Mum's recovery even just a day later, apart from no heavy lifting she's up and about doing normal things. Once fully recovered she'll be faster than a Duracell bunny! 😁

Maybe not a robot after all, I know my Mum has metal in parts of her body so maybe Bionic Woman is more appropriate!? 🤔

(and believe me it's a nightmare going through airport security 🙃)

Anyway I petted a black cat today (which made my day) and completely missed being in a horrible storm. Lucky cat, lucky me! 🙂

• Like 3