Does Mika had influenced your life?

doridori

Hy to all! first of anything I appologize for my english...hope you'll understand me :). Well I just have one day since I became a member of MIKAFANCLUB :)... I'm dori and I'm from Romania (my first hobbye is to collect postcards and at this momment my favourite artist is mika). And I was thinking to create a new thread. I hope that all off you will agree my ideea...I just stayed and think if Mika had an influence on my life...goog or bad :biggrin2:. And my answer is...YES. So i invite if you want to answer at this thread and to tell to all of us in what way Mika had influenced your life...tell us your little story about this :). I will tell oyu my "little story".

Dori's story about mika

Well...actually it is a long story ;p but I'll try to make it little. I discovered Mika this year...I know that is so late but he isn't promoted in my country...anyway...better late than never ;). I heard his song "we are golden" in an advertisement of Orange (as you know Orange use his songs in their advertisements). I search on Youtube this song and than it was started all this madness :)...called MIKA. Because my english wasn't very well I open a new tab with a english-romanian dictionary, and I opened another tab with Mika's lirycs. And in this way I understand what Mika says in his songs and i listen how he pronounce the words in english. After this I was looking at a lot lot off interwiews with him...I was couriouse to know what he says (because I wanted to know much more about mika)and I look at the same interwiew until I understand the ideea of that interwiew. I played an listened a lot lot his songs and the biggest surpise was to hear him live. So...how Mika influnsed my life? Well...now my english is much better that now 3 months ago because of mika...now I'm here and writing to you because in these months I learned much better english...I know that I have a lot to learn but the ideea is that now three months ago I wasn't able to write so much in english and that the others understand what I want to say. I hope that you'll understand now ;p even if I have espacially grammar errors.

So...Mika had influenced my life because now I'm better at english...and english is an international language...so it is necessary to know this language. I started to love his music a lot and I was very couriouse to know what he's singing and what he's saying in his interwiews....and this made me to work much more to learn a foreing language...I guess that this is a big deal. Just...thank to mika for his music. And thank to you if you read this and if you agree to answer at this thread. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire how you have studied English because of Mika and wanting to understand his songs. :flowers2:

I didn't have to learn a language, but because I wanted to know more about Mika, I started to use the internet. And then I found the MFC :biggrin2:

And with the help of people here, I have learned to use all sorts of things on the internet, like Photobucket and Twitter, bought a digital camera so that I could take better photographs, and bought a mobile phone.:thumb_yello:

So Mika has made me learn to use modern technology that I would probably otherwise avoided. :naughty:

I admire how you have studied English because of Mika and wanting to understand his songs. :flowers2:

I didn't have to learn a language, but because I wanted to know more about Mika, I started to use the internet. And then I found the MFC :biggrin2:

And with the help of people here, I have learned to use all sorts of things on the internet, like Photobucket and Twitter, bought a digital camera so that I could take better photographs, and bought a mobile phone.:thumb_yello:

So Mika has made me learn to use modern technology that I would probably otherwise avoided. :naughty:

The same here! Thanks Mika, now I use Twitter (had no idea about it before), Facebook, MySpace, learned a lot of new Internet things!

And I even think on English now!!!!!!!! Can you imagine? Not all the time, but very often :blush-anim-cl:

And I never communicated with people from abroad before! Now I met so many great girls from so many countries!

Yes! Mika has done quite a few interviews in French, so I'm practicing it- and like English it's an international language, so I'm learning a useful skill- my French isn't as good as your English though- nice to see you here

On the minus side, I have to buy a new washing machine, and the only reason I haven't checked Mika's videos to see what colour his kitchen units are is that I don't have to- I already noticed.

Hi, dori, and :welcomeani:

Just wanted to you to know that since this is even more than an introduction,

I'm moving the thread to the Chat about Mika area.

Keep on posting -- I'm sure others have similar thoughts about the

influence Mika has had on their lives. :thumb_yello:

well...I started with english...if I want to know to use well internet I have to know english :biggrin2:...so, now also I have to work to be better in using internet and all this "modern tehnology". :)

Thanks to Mika, now I'm able to understand English interviews :biggrin2:

But I think the most important thing is that... thanks to him I am... more confident in myself, in how I have to work in my studies, and never forget what is my goal... So yeah I think this year will be a success =D

... And I found the MFC and all the wonderful Mika's fans all around the world :blush-anim-cl: and I hope I will meet them in real life one day^^

Hi Dori,

Mika stepped into my life when a big crises stood in front of me. My life was only work at the hospital, work at my two households, work, work and work. I had no more goal for the future.

At this point I discovered Mika and my life changed completely. I haven´t less work but I have fun again and everything is so much easier for me. And yes I also started to learn use the internet, I improved my English and so on.

I started to travel alone to different cities in Europe to see Mika and I feel more alive than the last 20 years.

Hi, dori, and :welcomeani:

Just wanted to you to know that since this is even more than an introduction,

I'm moving the thread to the Chat about Mika area.

Keep on posting -- I'm sure others have similar thoughts about the

influence Mika has had on their lives. :thumb_yello:

Thank to tell me. I observed that was moved ;)

Since I know Mika a year ago,I live in an other world,Mika have changed my live....I can practise my poor english with other mfc,I have known people who live in another parts of the world....and now are my friends...:huglove:

I never had took a plane,and last month for the first time I took a plane to go a Mika's gig and I did it for him (I'm afraid to planes)

thanks to Mika I have learned computer science.... :thumb_yello:

And now I will do aything too see it again!!!!!!!!

I hope you understand me,my english is not good......:blink::blink:

Welcome to the MFC family doridori! That was a lovely introduction you wrote. I love most that you discovered Mika when his song was played on an advert, even though he's not promoted in your country. This gives hope for the potential fans who hear his music on a TV show or an ad, in countries where he doesn't get radio-play.

Today is actually my 3rd MFCversary! I had been a fan for about 3 months before I plucked up the courage to join the fan club. I simply thought I was too old to join something like that, but it has been a brilliant three years and I have so many wonderful memories of the times we have shared Mika's successes and have got together at the live gigs.

Also, like some posters here before me, I have had to get used to technology, which now helps me in other aspects of my life. But I think the main influence Mika has had on me, is to make me feel young and golden, even though I am 56 years old! that kind of gift could never be bought, and I am very grateful to Mika for making me have this new lease of life.:mf_lustslow:

But I think the main influence Mika has had on me, is to make me feel young and golden, even though I am 56 years old! that kind of gift could never be bought, and I am very grateful to Mika for making me have this new lease of life.:mf_lustslow:

I can sooooo agree with this! I'm (only 48, 49 in two months!).

I've been Mika fan since the first time I heard Grace Kelly on Dutch radio! I even still know the day and time! I was so impressed by that song!

But at that time I didn't considere myself a fan of Mika. But my daughter was! We went to his gig in Amsterdam Westerpark (2008) but that was a very emotional day, because we had cremated my dad that day. So at the gig I went through a roller coaster of emotions. But I could enjoy Mika's performance! He was great that night!

Realy Mika addicted I became the moment I met him in Amsterdam in 2009 at the Concertgebouw. We got the chance to speak with him before the gig, and the moment I looked into his eyes, I was hooked!

When I was 12-15 years old, I was a huge Donny Osmond fan. And now at 48 I'm a huge Mika fan! It feels the same! And feeling young again, having fun in life, is a precious gift. A gift to cherish and enjoy! And I hope for many years to come!

I can sooooo agree with this! I'm (only 48, 49 in two months!).

I've been Mika fan since the first time I heard Grace Kelly on Dutch radio! I even still know the day and time! I was so impressed by that song!

But at that time I didn't considere myself a fan of Mika. But my daughter was! We went to his gig in Amsterdam Westerpark (2008) but that was a very emotional day, because we had cremated my dad that day. So at the gig I went through a roller coaster of emotions. But I could enjoy Mika's performance! He was great that night!

Realy Mika addicted I became the moment I met him in Amsterdam in 2009 at the Concertgebouw. We got the chance to speak with him before the gig, and the moment I looked into his eyes, I was hooked!

When I was 12-15 years old, I was a huge Donny Osmond fan. And now at 48 I'm a huge Mika fan! It feels the same! And feeling young again, having fun in life, is a precious gift. A gift to cherish and enjoy! And I hope for many years to come!

My story is a bit similar to yours..

I started really appreciate his music after my father passed away last spring. Even though I am nearly 40 and a mother of 3, I was in a "lost teenager" spirit. My daughter asked me to buy his CD and I started listening to it very often. And I just got hooked:teehee:

Like others said, when I think about Mika, I feel the same as when I was 16 and taught Jon Bon Jovi was the best thing on earth:biggrin2: Mika's music always cheers me up

Last thing on my list is to actually see him live:wink2: Don,t know when it,s going to happen:sneaky2:

My story is a bit similar to yours..

I started really appreciate his music after my father passed away last spring. Even though I am nearly 40 and a mother of 3, I was in a "lost teenager" spirit. My daughter asked me to buy his CD and I started listening to it very often. And I just got hooked:teehee:

Like others said, when I think about Mika, I feel the same as when I was 16 and taught Jon Bon Jovi was the best thing on earth:biggrin2: Mika's music always cheers me up

Last thing on my list is to actually see him live:wink2: Don,t know when it,s going to happen:sneaky2:

Isn't that amazing? :wink2:

But I really think he can give one lust in life again through his music! :wub2:

yes, even if my husband thinks I sometimes act like a teenager... but husbands can't understand the feeling:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

Nooooo, my hubby doesn't understand it either! But he lets me! As long as he can be my partner in real life, he's okay with it! LOL :roftl:

Hi Dori, welcome to MFC! :biggrin2:

I think what's made the biggest impact on my life out of the whole Mika-World is this spirit on MFC. People are so very nice to each other here, and I've said it a million times, but the fact that people talked to me that easily helped my confidence a lot. Now, I don't know if I'd have my two best friends and would be going to Scotland if not for this - or not. It's kinda ... well, it just blends into the other parts of how I've made progress in the past year.

But I do know I wouldn't be as happy as I am. :wub2:

AND my English's certainly become better. With every fandom, there's a set of vocabulary you learn there :naughty:

Yes! Mika has done quite a few interviews in French, so I'm practicing it- and like English it's an international language, so I'm learning a useful skill- my French isn't as good as your English though- nice to see you here

On the minus side, I have to buy a new washing machine, and the only reason I haven't checked Mika's videos to see what colour his kitchen units are is that I don't have to- I already noticed.

Yes you're right...beeing a mika' fans we also can learn french ...because he speaks very well both languages...I was more focused on understanding his english because I allways had believed that everybody around me know's english and that I was the only who didn't knew. But my french is almost well...I have to learn a lot for both languages. Nice to meet you too :)

Since I know Mika a year ago,I live in an other world,Mika have changed my live....I can practise my poor english with other mfc,I have known people who live in another parts of the world....and now are my friends...:huglove:

I never had took a plane,and last month for the first time I took a plane to go a Mika's gig and I did it for him (I'm afraid to planes)

thanks to Mika I have learned computer science.... :thumb_yello:

And now I will do aything too see it again!!!!!!!!

I hope you understand me,my english is not good......:blink::blink:

Hy! and thank for your post. Don't worry...I'm also a beginner with english and I understand very well what you are writing...:)...nice that you see mika on his gig

Definitely influenced my life! He inspired me to learn to play the Piano, I can now play a few songs from LICM. I even dress differently now, as odd as it sounds! Not because I want to be like him, but because his songs reassure me that it's ok to be different, to dress a little geekily, to look like I've walked through a rainbow! I always listen to my mp3 before I go to sleep because no one interrupts me, I find myself looking forward to that! :aah:

Definitely influenced my life! He inspired me to learn to play the Piano, I can now play a few songs from LICM. I even dress differently now, as odd as it sounds! Not because I want to be like him, but because his songs reassure me that it's ok to be different, to dress a little geekily, to look like I've walked through a rainbow! I always listen to my mp3 before I go to sleep because no one interrupts me, I find myself looking forward to that! :aah:

Hy! playing piano...that's great!...piano and guitar are my favourite music instruments...

I met Mika at a particularly dark period of my life. I had lost a very loved friend few months before, someone who really made a lot for me.

I was worried about how to survive to this loss. I was totally desperate and I brooded for months...

I was also really sad in my life for some other reasons.

And then randomly, Mika arrived in my life and I lost myself in his world like in a whirl...

His music, his performances energize me everyday and help me until now to go ahead..

More than that, he helps me to discover a new part of myself: more happy, more colorful, more creative, ..

Last but not least, as a lot of you here, I have improved a lot my IT skills : download, upload, files conversion, etc..:roftl:

And as I have met a lot of friends here from all over the world, I dramatically enhance my english skills too..

As you can see, Mika has a huge positive influence..and I'll never be able to thank him enough for that :wub2:

yes, even if my husband thinks I sometimes act like a teenager... but husbands can't understand the feeling:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

Nooooo, my hubby doesn't understand it either! But he lets me! As long as he can be my partner in real life, he's okay with it! LOL :roftl:

Lucky girls,

Mine is not comfortable at all with my Mika addiction..

He also thinks I act like a teenager and can't understand why I need another life than the real life with him ...or maybe why my life with him is not enough for me ..:teehee:

Poor man, he doesn't understand that fighting against Mika is simply impossible.. in every way..:naughty:

It's a game already lost..:aah::wub2:

I took more confidence in myself, I restart to draw, to write and to play music when I stopped all of this during 3 or 4 years (I am doing it outside of my actual job it's hard but it is good for me)... and I discover a new way to live things through his music, he is like a universal brother...

but I must admin that this kind of artist "relashionship" become really complicated to live sometimes... too much internet, too much interviews to read or to watch, too much gigs are not really healthy when it becomes an obsession so I am giving myself some limits... I listening to his music few times in a week, and I take a lot of pleasure, it does not bother me...

for sure If I had a husband or children I would not make or follow things concerning him like I did before (internet, few gigs etc...)... With all the respect I have for him, he has his life and I have my own, that is not him that will pay my bills....

Archived