2010 - REVIEWS/PICS/VIDS: 23 October Mika In Tunisia Palais de Sports d'El Menzah

dcdeb

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2438/img0013tu.jpg

Here's the place for reports/photos/videos of Mika's gig in Tunisia on 23 October 2010!

=========

REPORTS

=========

lyli21: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3240524&postcount=2

=========

PHOTOS

=========

lyli21: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3240526&postcount=4

from FaceBook of Orange Tunisie

http://www.facebook.com/orange.tn

from SHEMS FM:

http://www.shemsfm.net/album/shems-events/mika-vivez-l-instant-en-photos-97

=========

VIDEOS

=========

lyli21:

Relax:

Love Today (the killing scene):

Lollipop:

Stuck in the Middle:

Dr John:

Here my report, but i apologize in advance for my english mistakes

So i arrived in the venue with my cousin at 12h and nobody was there :boxed: There were only a few people who were preparing the stage. I managed to enter inside to see the place and i discovered the venue : it was the set of the clown, almost the same as in the parc des princes show ! well i was very surprised to see it but it was very beautiful. I stayed there for about one hour and i went outside to wait. We were alone until 16h. The waiting was very pleasant, there was gardens all around

I didn't see Yasmine when she came to choose the big girls and lollipop but i know that his mother was not there. I saw Zuleika after the show.

We began to enter at 19.30 and i managed to be in front row just in front of David :wub2:

The first part began at 20h40 it was a DJ called DJ danger, he sang during almost one hour. It was very cool and people were having fun with the music (i was dying in the front row with the people behind me !!) but it was sooooooooo long :blink: People at the end were boring and started to scream MIKA MIKA MIKA i think the DJ understood this and he left the stage :biggrin2:

Mika entered at 22h i think and he began with relax. The atmosphere was crazy !! People were jumping dancing singing, i was sooooo happy to see this !! Mika looked very happy to be here !!

And then Big girl (with Big girls on stage), Stuck in the middle (he told us before singing that it was his first concert in Tunis :wub2: his first show after 2 months, and that he was going out from retreat tonight :teehee: ) Blue eyes, Billy brown (before singing, he talked about his sister accident and he dedicated the show to her :wub2: He told us that he was planning maybe to cancel the gig, but as Paloma was getting better he's very happy to maintain it)

Then Happy ending (i'm almost sure he had some tears, that was SO moving :sad:), Love today but without the "macabre march" :boxed:, he began it without any introduction. But the scene of the crime was always here

He sang WAG, with a beginning on the piano that was sooooooooo beautiful !!!

I remember that he told us he lost his setlist so that he was going to sing the songs at random :biggrin2: (that's maybe why i heard sweet dreams during the rehearsals but not during the gig :sad:)

He sang of course Grace kelly (with the beginning in french) Dr John, Blame it on the girls (the crowd was in fire !! he divided the crowd into 2 as usual) Kick ass (I was sooooo surprised to see everybody singing it with him !!) Rain (it was just CRAZY !!!) and at the end of course Lollipop !

I don't remerber the order of the songs sorry !

The staff of the venue was giving light stick to everybody, i think it's maybe Orange (the sponsor) who had this wonderful idea : all the crowd was illuminated it was sooooo beautiful !

Well the gig was really amazing, and it was a real pleasure to see him smiling and dancing ♥♥ I regret maybe that he didn't say a word in arabic but well, i understand. Maybe the next time ! And i was so surprised and happy to see all the tunisians singing with him all his songs !!

I managed to see him after the show, he looked good and i told him that all the MFC was supporting him in this moment :wink2:

I'm uploading my pictures and videos now !!

Thank you very much for the videos as well Leila!! :flowers2:

Does anyone get the last verse of Happy Ending? what does he sing?

It sounds new to me

It sounds like he just repeats the last words, Mari -- "This is the way that we

love like it's forever, and live the rest of our lives but not together." But

he just sings it a little differently. :dunno:

Mika changed the end of Happy Ending, Colmar was the first time he did it :wink2:

Thanks for the reports and the lovely vids! That HD Happy Ending clip is :swoon:. I adore what he's done with the end of Happy Ending. Amazing how he can take an LICM song and make it new again.

It feels so good to see him on stage again. :wub2:

Thank you for your report, Lyli

yes, the end of Happy Ending is different - the same words but the articulation is different, so it sounds as if it was singing new words but he isn't.

Yep, I love that too.

He did a similar thing which was absolutely AMAZING :wub2:with Billy Brown in Japan, I think on the first Tokyo night, and when I decided that I'd record Billy B the following night -just because I was expecting the same changes-, he stuck to the old way of singing it :sneaky2: which really annoyed me. I'm in dire need of new material, and "recycling" the old BB song like that sounded absolutely fantastic.

I still can't understand why he favours the old LICM songs over some of the TBWKTM ones though, I really wish he'd always do songs like I See You, or One Foot Boy, etc... Bad Mika :freak:

Edited by sariflor

It feels so good to see him on stage again. :wub2:

Yes! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I still can't understand why he favours the old LICM songs over some of the TBWKTM ones though, I really wish he'd always do songs like I See You, or One Foot Boy, etc... Bad Mika :freak:

Well, as he said when we asked him about that: There's always next time. :wink2:

And there IS ALWAYS a next time, isn't there?

:naughty:

Thank you for your report, Lyli

yes, the end of Happy Ending is different - the same words but the articulation is different, so it sounds as if it was singing new words but he isn't.

Oh I see, thank you :original:

I don't think I've ever noticed that before, or I don't remember

Yep, I love that too.

He did a similar thing which was absolutely AMAZING :wub2:with Billy Brown in Japan, I think on the first Tokyo night, and when I decided that I'd record Billy B the following night -just because I was expecting the same changes-, he stuck to the old way of singing it :sneaky2: which really annoyed me. I'm in dire need of new material, and "recycling" the old BB song like that sounded absolutely fantastic.

He might feel more at ease singing the old songs or perceive a better response from the audience :dunno:

btw in this case he's forgiven, being his first show in Tunisia ever :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by mari62