The birdie Tshirt and other weird clothing thread

willywonka

It was same for me when I saw it from far away, I couldn't see any butterflies. It really looked like a curtain with a messy pattern, lol! I could't understand why a suit like that. But from a close distance it was really beautiful :wub2:

Yeah I mean it was not suitable for TV, that's all. I think the plaids look pretty awful too. I am not a conservative when it comes to colours and patterns. I like a lot of Mika's clothes. But I think you need to tone it down on TV for the same reason people need makeup on their skin. The host guy looked the best out of all of them. His suit was really nice.

I also love butterflies but it doesn't look like butterflies on TV. If I hadn't heard it was butterflies I wouldn't have known and there are only brief moments where you can sort of make out a butterfly or two if you are looking for it. I was watching the show and every time they showed Mika I found it impossible to look at his face. Your eyes fixate on that hudeous mess of a jacket.

What a truth! I even have no wish to make any snapshots this time.

I also love butterflies but it doesn't look like butterflies on TV. If I hadn't heard it was butterflies I wouldn't have known and there are only brief moments where you can sort of make out a butterfly or two if you are looking for it. I was watching the show and every time they showed Mika I found it impossible to look at his face. Your eyes fixate on that hudeous mess of a jacket.

What a truth! I even have no wish to make any snapshots this time.

:shocked:

I think there's only one solution for these problems:

MikaButterflySuit_zps796f39f8.jpg

:naughty:

:shocked:

I think there's only one solution for these problems:

MikaButterflySuit_zps796f39f8.jpg

:naughty:

:lmfao: Funny I had been thinking of putting Justin Bieber's head on it so we could see how many Mika fans really think it's a beautiful suit. :mf_rosetinted:

i love butterflies. :wub2: actually i think i might even wear a summer dress made of this butterfly fabric. :naughty: as a suit, well... i do see what you mean :teehee:, but personally for me it's a love-hate relationship with this suit. as a stage outfit i guess it's ok. if he wore it at a party or in his free time, maybe not so much. and he did perform in this tv show i think, so... yeah. for me, it's certainly not the worst outfit he's worn. :teehee:

I love butterflies too :wub2: One of my favorite things ever. I was a bit shocked when I saw him wearing the trousers with a white shirt (no jacket) but then I saw the whole suit from a close distance and loved it! The butterflies were beautiful!

It was same for me when I saw it from far away, I couldn't see any butterflies. It really looked like a curtain with a messy pattern, lol! I could't understand why a suit like that. But from a close distance it was really beautiful :wub2:

Mellody and Tibet , I love you girls :group_hug:

I love his suit and I was afraid to be the only one when I saw the wierd outfit thread has been bumped :shocked:

His suit reminds me of the dresses that donkey skin wears in the fairy tale..."color of the sun" :wub2: , "color of the moon" :blush-anim-cl: and "color of the weather" :wub2: ...Mika's suit is from a fairy tale and it is "color of spring" to me :blush-anim-cl:

:lmfao: Funny I had been thinking of putting Justin Bieber's head on it so we could see how many Mika fans really think it's a beautiful suit. :mf_rosetinted:

MFCers will run away from MFC and beliebers will run towards MFC. That's not what we want. :teehee:

:lmfao: Much better now, my eyes thank you a lot :lmfao:

You're welcome. :thumb_yello:

I love his suit and I was afraid to be the only one when I saw the wierd outfit thread has been bumped :shocked:

His suit reminds me of the dresses that donkey skin wears in the fairy tale..."color of the sun" :wub2: , "color of the moon" :blush-anim-cl: and "color of the weather" :wub2: ...Mika's suit is from a fairy tale and it is "color of spring" to me :blush-anim-cl:

His suit is from a dark fairy tale. :teehee:

But you're not the only one who likes the suit ... it seems we have two different opinions now ... you love it or you hate it ... and I think that's very Mikaish. :naughty:

Don't worry, Crazy, I liked it too. And the confidence he had to wear it.

I see this becoming a historical, defining outfit. Years from now, Mika fans will meet for the first time, introduce themselves, and the next question will be, "What did you think about the butterfly suit?" Opinions differ. Can they still be friends? Let's hope fights don't break out. :naughty:

I see this becoming a historical, defining outfit. Years from now, Mika fans will meet for the first time, introduce themselves, and the next question will be, "What did you think about the butterfly suit?" Opinions differ. Can they still be friends? Let's hope fights don't break out. :naughty:

It would be worse if Mika himself asked me at M&G what I am thinking of this thingie :aah::aah::aah:

It would be worse if Mika himself asked me at M&G what I am thinking of this thingie :aah::aah::aah:

He told us once at a M&G that he'd "heard" (in other words read on MFC :teehee:) that we hated one of his jackets. He told us to piss off but then admitted that he looked "like a dick". :naughty:

That jacket was about 500% less offensive looking than this one. I think if he had turned up on a TV show in this suit back in those days someone would have organized a petition to him to burn it.

Except I would never meet up with you guys, because you would all just make fun of my clothes . . .

Except I would never meet up with you guys, because you would all just make fun of my clothes . . .

It's all about context. You are not on TV in front of 10 million people. :naughty:

And yes I have worn some horrible stuff to gigs myself. :teehee:

"You hated the butterflies? Don't EVER talk to me again, you [expletive deleted]!"

I see this becoming a historical, defining outfit. Years from now, Mika fans will meet for the first time,

introduce themselves, and the next question will be,

"What did you think about the butterfly suit?"

Opinions differ. Can they still be friends? Let's hope fights don't break out. :naughty:

It's a Valentino design . . .

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4001122&postcount=426

I have odd preferences in clothing too, when I'm not dressed for work... whatever work is... I seem to have forgotten in my unemployment!

Beside Mika's suit, I think that ALL the judges' clothes are horrible. Garou could wear this shirt for his matinal jogging and Pagny wears a shirt that looks like Mika's suit. Jennifer is "ok" but it's deff not her better dress.

His suit reminds me of the dresses that donkey skin wears in the fairy tale..."color of the sun" :wub2: , "color of the moon" :blush-anim-cl: and "color of the weather" :wub2:

...Mika's suit is from a fairy tale and it is "color of spring" to me :blush-anim-cl:

Well VALENTINO is all in a flutter for

'the butterfly effect' this Spring ::

Florence Welch wears butterfly print to nature-inspired

Valentino show

http://dailym.ai/1bjRvD2

Edited by A. Clay

PS :

I never heard of 'donkey skin' so I looked it up.

Now I feel enlightened -- the tale is included in this piece :

Transformations

by Terri Windling

http://www.endicott-studio.com/rdrm/rrtransf.html

+

http://www.endicott-studio.com/rdrm/rrtransf2.html

And the film in 12 parts ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWAMD2bBwZc&list=PL244E19B1E425A047

Edited by A. Clay

I prefer the things that his mum earlier created for him. It was much better, than these posh label suits.

Yes I mean I wasn't crazy about all his costumes but at least they were supposed to be costumes. I think Mika looks best when he's wearing something simple that is embellished with Mikaish accessories (like the tux he wore to the Vanity Fair Oscar party a few years ago). I totally disagree that this butterfly suit and some of the other tacky suits he's been wearing lately are Mikaish. It was NEVER his style to wear loud tacky designer suits. This isn't him at all.

When I say they are Mikaish, just me, it's that it is something unexpected, not your everyday thing, nothing more than that. It's not that I'm saying it's better or worse or whatever, it just is what it is. I like the fabric because I love butterflies and I love a little something wild and out there.

I prefer the older stuff as well, but I know people's clothing changes quite a lot over the years. It may well be just a phase for the time being... and if it is, well, that's great.

Yes I mean I wasn't crazy about all his costumes but at least they were supposed to be costumes. I think Mika looks best when he's wearing something simple that is embellished with Mikaish accessories (like the tux he wore to the Vanity Fair Oscar party a few years ago). I totally disagree that this butterfly suit and some of the other tacky suits he's been wearing lately are Mikaish. It was NEVER his style to wear loud tacky designer suits. This isn't him at all.

Agree! ''mikaish'' has always been something unusual, but stylish - when sometimes incompatible things created organic and natural look (nothing had do be taken away or added).

When I say they are Mikaish, just me, it's that it is something unexpected, not your everyday thing, nothing more than that. It's not that I'm saying it's better or worse or whatever, it just is what it is. I like the fabric because I love butterflies and I love a little something wild and out there.

I prefer the older stuff as well, but I know people's clothing changes quite a lot over the years. It may well be just a phase for the time being... and if it is, well, that's great.

I hope it is just s phase, too :naughty:

In general I quite like his style, a mix of classy and edgy (I agree with you about the "Mikaish" definition). I don't like the butterfly suit at all, but it doesn't really bother me seeing him in it, he's lucky enough to be able to pull off almost any hideous outfit actually :naughty:

I absolutely love the stage costumes of the past few years! Also, it's interesting that he constantly goes from one style to another, rather than strictly sticking to one only.

But... honestly, I don't mind what he wears! :naughty: