What's up, Vegans?!

MellonNin

So.. over about the past week I've made a huge decision..

I'm going vegan!

I had already kinda started doing this a while ago by not eating egg yolks, and buy soy milk to drink instead of cow's milk.

I watched "Meet Your Meat" yesterday and showed it to my mom today, and it made me realize how much I want to be vegan, and now I think my mom's considering it.

But.. yeah.

Any other vegetarians/vegans?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello :)

I'm pescatarian witch means that I am a vegetarian (I am eating eggs, honey, and drink milk) but I also eat fish (since one year, but I do not eat all the kind of fish). The thing is I feel a little bit vegan on certains things like my attitude to do not kill any insects... I am vegetarian since few years now, and I had a period where I was vegan (no milk, no honey, no eggs, and no fish) but since one year I started to eat again those things...

I was thinking about it few days ago and I think in few months I will become vegan again, I do not find pleasure eating eggs and milk anymore for the most part, and I know I can live without fish so it will not be a big deal, It means I will not take cakes/croissants anymore in the bakery (it will be ok for my weight but it will be the worst I guess but it's ok :biggrin2:)

To live your "vegan" life it can be easy or more difficult, it depends in which country you live, but I know in France, some people around me does not understand it. They ask me: "but what are you eating" etc... some french people eat meat on every meal, it is not possible for them to even think one day they can become vegetarian or vegan... Sometimes the social pressure is very strange but it is ok.

That's cool!

Being a vegan in my part of Canada is as strange to people as taking a bath then rolling in mud.

I told a couple of people I was vegan today, and their immediate response was, "what do you eat?"

It was quite funny, actually. I'm like, "I eat what I want, just as long as it has no animal products"

My mom actually said it best: "Eating meat is promoting cannibalism." They're animals, we're animals. It makes sense.

I like being more vegan (:

Good luck then :thumb_yello:

I found cool sites where you can find some foods lists (and places where you can buy them), vegan or vegetarian recipes, and even some foods that you can replace or associated to do not have any (vitamin) deficiency of some sort ;) A lot of advices on internet on serious sites :)

I'm vegetarian. I became one after I watched Earthlings (a movie about how people treat animals). And I feel good without meat, I don't even want to eat it.

The only thing I don't like, is that my friends always forget that I am one.

They're like :"Hey, I bought you a kebab. 2 for 1 price."

Me: "I don't eat meat."

They:"Oh. I forgot. But eat it. It's good. One will make no difference."

Me:"No."

They:"No?"

Me:"No."

My mom is also a vegetarian, so it's all good.

I came a pescatarian this time last year. before that I always tried to be a veggie but kept failing. What made me determined was this:

after watching that I became a veggie :D I watched meat your meat (cos he gave the link)

and since then I've researched more into the way animals are treated and it makes me so sad :tears:

since ive been a veggie I cant understand how people can still eat (non free ranged) meat when they know how the animals are treated. My family eat loaads of meat...and its not free range :/

I became a proper veggie a month ago for a month but then my mum said I have to start eating fish again cos i dont cook for myself :/

but TBO i dont think i'll ever give fish up completly. But I try not to eat alot.

loads of people try to pursuede me to start eating meat again but they're just talking a whole load of S*IT cos they dont know what theyre talking about :sneaky2:

but its funny sometimes :aah: especially when its like a whole group of people and some people are on my side and some are against :aah:

I did a speech about factory farmed animals in english.

It's sometimes hard...but rarely XD

I dont think I could EVER be a vegan though. Maybe for like a week..a month at the most but not fully. NEVER :aah:

EDIT: soz that was kinda long :aah:

I'm vegetarian. I became one after I watched Earthlings (a movie about how people treat animals). And I feel good without meat, I don't even want to eat it.

oh my goodness. Earthlings. I watched it a few months ago and it made me ANGRY at the world. :furious: I wanted to go around punching people.

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years and always planned on going vegan "someday" but after watching Earthlings I decided to really try and make the transition. I already only drink soy or almond milk anyways from when i went vegan in high school, my stomach couldn't handle milk afterward. But I wasn't very healthy then, so that's why i decided i need to cook if i want to make the transition. I bought vegan cookbooks and me and my sister have been cooking out of it, trying to learn our way around vegan cooking and keep it interesting.

oh and i make some mean vegan cupcakes...not to toot my own horn but :toot::naughty:

I'm pescatarian witch means that I am a vegetarian (I am eating eggs, honey, and drink milk) but I also eat fish (since one year, but I do not eat all the kind of fish).

Me too. Someone from MFC (she doesn't post anymore) came to stay with me and she is vegan so I made the effort to eat vegan while she was here. I haven't eaten any poultry or meat since then. I think total veganism is too much restriction for me to maintain long term but fish and dairy provides enough convenience and variety that I am not tempted to go back to eating meat.

Archived