"Men suck compared to the Man"

ängi

I have been very obsessive like that too so I know what you mean. I've been lucky that throughout the years I've been able to find people who share my obsession of the moment.

I wasn't so crazy about my husband though so he had to go. :naughty:

That's what she says, but I swear she doesn't even look 50 in real life!!! :shocked:

Sorry about your husband :aah:

As for me, I'm not that obsessed with mine hubby, but I appreciate a good and reliable friendship most of all. Passion will be gone anyway in 10, 15 years, but friendship and common interests will never gone, as I believe. So, I understand that maybe in 5 years i won't be that crazy about Mika and will be able to appreciate more his musical side :naughty:

If Alice is really 70, it is my dream - to be that way in 70 too!!! I don't understand some people who isn't working at this age and moan how boring is their life (like my mother.Sorry, but it is so hurtful topic for me that I'm not able to shut up. I can't even persuade her to use Internet! grrrrrrrr).

Freddie Mercury always said that being old is boring, he doesn't want to live long. And look what he got :boxed:

Mika was speculating about his appearance in old age. It is great, that he looks at this age as on the age when one can have a lot of fun!

I'm writing about it so much and went offtopic because I think about it a lot (esp. because of my mum).

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well..I don't have a boyfriend atm, but if I did, he'd have to respect my taste, end of story. I mean, he didn't have to be a fan, he didn't have to go with me to the gigs and all...but he would have to respect the fact that I really like Mika as an artist and that he actually is an inspiration in some points. My last boyfriend hated going to gigs (which is actually one of my biggest "addictions"), but I never stopped going to gigs because of that. I respected his opinion, tho. :dunno:

I agree, it's all about give and take. In a similar way, any man of mine would have to like animals. If they didn't love my pets too, they'd be out! :aah:

Well..I don't have a boyfriend atm, but if I did, he'd have to respect my taste, end of story. I mean, he didn't have to be a fan, he didn't have to go with me to the gigs and all...but he would have to respect the fact that I really like Mika as an artist and that he actually is an inspiration in some points. My last boyfriend hated going to gigs (which is actually one of my biggest "addictions"), but I never stopped going to gigs because of that. I respected his opinion, tho. :dunno:

Of course I wouldn't prefer an artist to a boyfriend, but I wouldn't compare them either.

Yes, Mika is extremely talented, he's sweet, he's intelligent and hell, he's gorgeous. But I don't know him, I just met him twice. He can be a pain in the a$$ for all I know... :roftl: Nah, not really, but you got the point! :wink2:

That's why I would sell a soul to be his fiend.

But not his wife (anyway, who will need an elder woman with 2 kids :naughty::naughty::naughty:)

But I never thought about situation what if I was young and free. I'm too realistic to dream that far.

That's why I would sell a soul to be his fiend.

But not his wife (anyway, who will need an elder woman with 2 kids :naughty::naughty::naughty:)

But I never thought about situation what if I was young and free. I'm too realistic to dream that far.

Lennie, don't say that! You make me search for grey in my hair :aah:

I agree, it's all about give and take. In a similar way, any man of mine would have to like animals. If they didn't love my pets too, they'd be out! :aah:

Bab, I think you and me are similar this way :teehee: I can understand some people are allergic and they can't be near animals, and I can understand some people are not used to animals (and they can be afraid of big animals etc), but not liking animals... I could never have fallen in love with a man who doesn't love animals :blink:

When our kids were small and I woke up 10 times every night to breastfeed them my husband woke up several times every night to give a blanket to our dogs... I don't know how to say it in English :blush-anim-cl: Our dogs used to sleep on a couch under blankets. And when they woke up during nights to have water or something they dropped their blankets. And they needed their blankets :wub2:

My husband likes Mika too, but sometimes he says I'm addicted to Mika :sneaky2::roftl:

Before I go on, I just want to say that people are welcome to fantasise as much as they like about Mika, I'm just concerned that it could cause problems in people's relationships with their husbands/boyfriends/etc... That and I'm worried that people may get really disappointed if Mika were to walk around in public with his significant other... :dunno:

In fact, all my close friends and classmates know I love Mika in some way or another, and they accept it -more or less xD-.

Same here... My friends and family make fun of Mika all the time (as they do with most of my obsessions, except for U2 :blink:). I figure that they can either accept it or not, I don't care either way. I have the same opinion of any potential boyfriends. They can either accept my obsessions or not (that doesn't mean that if they hate Mika, or U2 or anything else that I won't date them)...

Then again, that could be my opion because I'm so independent...

That's what she says, but I swear she doesn't even look 50 in real life!!! :shocked:

Well if that's the case, I wanna look that good when I'm her age!

Of course I wouldn't prefer an artist to a boyfriend, but I wouldn't compare them either.

Yes, Mika is extremely talented, he's sweet, he's intelligent and hell, he's gorgeous. But I don't know him, I just met him twice. He can be a pain in the a$$ for all I know... :roftl: Nah, not really, but you got the point! :wink2:

I totally agree...

And didn't Mika say he made someone cry before? So maybe he really is a pain in the behind! :shocked:

Before I go on, I just want to say that people are welcome to fantasise as much as they like about Mika, I'm just concerned that it could cause problems in people's relationships with their husbands/boyfriends/etc... That and I'm worried that people may get really disappointed if Mika were to walk around in public with his significant other... :dunno:

Same here... My friends and family make fun of Mika all the time (as they do with most of my obsessions, except for U2 :blink:). I figure that they can either accept it or not, I don't care either way. I have the same opinion of any potential boyfriends. They can either accept my obsessions or not (that doesn't mean that if they hate Mika, or U2 or anything else that I won't date them)...

Then again, that could be my opion because I'm so independent...

I totally agree...

And didn't Mika say he made someone cry before? So maybe he really is a pain in the behind! :shocked:

Yes, I think that too...we all fantasise a bit (not necessarily with marrying him and having a bunch of kids, I mean...lol) but if it starts getting in the way of RL relationships, I think it's not healthy. :huh:

Many of my friends know about my "obsession" with Mika, and surprisingly I never got any nasty comment on it. My family also knows about it, and no-one seems to really give a damn about it... Actually, they probably find it amusing sometimes. :naughty:

Some people made fun of it, but kinda let it go once they realised I was being serious about him being really down-to-earth and nice to the fans (I honestly believe they thought I was fantasising and being a total teenager fangirl when I said I was going to meet him and go on stage with him someday... :teehee:). :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, they accept that, because it's just the way I am, and I expect a boyfriend to do the same. :dunno:

My husband isn't really thrilled about going to gigs, but he knows I enjoy them so he indulges me. :) He has never gotten to go to a Mika gig with me but he actually seems to be looking forward to seeing a Mika show because he knows I am such a big fan and that his shows are fun. He respects my interest in Mika the same way he does for my interest in Gwen Stefani or the Killers..etc...

And Kenton totally loves (trying) to sing the falsetto bits with Mika during Lollipop, so I honestly can't complain with him. :teehee:

My husband isn't really thrilled about going to gigs, but he knows I enjoy them so he indulges me. :) He has never gotten to go to a Mika gig with me but he actually seems to be looking forward to seeing a Mika show because he knows I am such a big fan and that his shows are fun. He respects my interest in Mika the same way he does for my interest in Gwen Stefani or the Killers..etc...

And Kenton totally loves (trying) to sing the falsetto bits with Mika during Lollipop, so I honestly can't complain with him. :teehee:

Awwwww! That's too cute! :wub2:

This illusion is mostly based on the assumption that he's more available and nice to his fans than some other celebrities.:teehee:

I agree with you Francoise. This problem is not only linked to the "stories of couples", but to ourselves and our personal crisis, expetations, vulnerability...problems you can't solve even if you have best relationship in the world :wink2:

And he seems to be very sweet - sweetness sometimes we lack in this life

He often says that he's special (and not different :wink2:) Actually, his sensitivity evokes something in women that very few men are able to do..

But it's maybe just an illusion :teehee:

Agree also on your 2nd point, Bojana :thumb_yello: You're totally right

:thumb_yello: Very well said, ppl!

Just have to tell that having dreams and being imaginative is not the opposite of being realistic.

It deppends on the person in which way they want to face their own life, because doing this sometimes is not as easy as it seems. I would not discuss anyone's life. If my mother had got divorced I would probably not being studying at University at that time, and my brother may be miles away from me... There's lots of different situations.

I'm a realistic person when I face situations of the real life. But I may not be strong enough so I need a world to escape sometimes. I think it's all about that when we talk about Mika's World, the world he made himself to escape from real life that now he is sharing with and make us live a day-a-day much more happy. If I weren't in my own world sometimes I would probably not be as good as I am at programming and I wouldn't have written three fantasy books. On them exists my secret world I wished to live in.:wink2:

And, talking about the subject this thread was created for, I am not a crazy fan when I am going out with someone. But I always share my passion for Mika's music, world and even himself to everyone I know. Some people accept it better than others.

I am the kind of person that never hides their secrets when it's seriously on a relactionship with someone -no matter if it's a lover or a friend-. In fact, all my close friends and classmates know I love Mika in some way or another, and they accept it -more or less xD-.

My last boyfriend knew about my passion about Mika-related-things and understood it. He was crazily obsessed with a Metal-Band, especially with the male singer. I didn't understand why he loved them, but I accepted it. :)

I've never thought it this way but I think you're right :thumb_yello:

And this "world to escape" can even help you to solve problems in your own RL if it's well managed.. means IF you don't loose contact with the reality :thumb_yello:

Mika has built himself in his own fantasy world and came back to RL stronger than before..

He often says that he's special (and not different :wink2:) Actually, his sensitivity evokes something in women that very few men are able to do..

Agree also on your 2nd point, Bojana :thumb_yello: You're totally right

Yes, he has something mysterios and thender at the same time. And the dreamy expression in his eyes. :wub2: But I love when he talks in a low voice. That's so sensual :blush-anim-cl:

I've never thought it this way but I think you're right :thumb_yello:

And this "world to escape" can even help you to solve problems in your own RL if it's well managed.. means IF you don't loose contact with the reality :thumb_yello:

Mika has built himself in his own fantasy world and came back to RL stronger than before..

His personality and music are perfect to inspire you and raise the most beautiful feelings you have. In some way it means that affection can nourish your real life and makes it even better, only in the case if you can balance reality with your escapism. Sometimes reality suks so much that it's almost crutial to have some way out.:wink2:

He often says that he's special (and not different :wink2:)

In my opinion, even though I do think that Mika is a nice guy, it is an illusion.

I really don't know how to put this without sounding obnoxious or anything of the sorts, but it's not the way I mean it. Basically, I am trying to say that, once you've seen him a lot and seen him in different situations, etc, one doesn't have to be too sharp to notice that he is not actually all sweetness and fluffiness. I dare say he can actually be quite bitchy and ruthless.

And I do love Mika, I do, but I am not blind to not see the reality of him. I know that I don't "know" him, but certain things are IMHO just obvious from observation and from seeing certain reactions, body language, looks, etc...

I think that he is a generally nice guy, and has lots of good qualities, but put it this way: I would not want to make him angry or cross him in any way. I'm sure that it ain't pretty when he lets all that out :naughty:

I'm sure that it would be a nightmare to work for him.

Actually, his sensitivity evokes something in women that very few men are able to do..

Yes, it's a gay man thing, isn't it?

Indeed. :naughty: I would imagine it depends on the kind of work you are doing for him and the position you hold in your field (Greg Wells for example may have an easier relationship with Mika than someone in his touring crew)...but my fantasies of working directly for Mika in a permanent capacity are over. He's a great pop star, but I think I prefer my real boss for a boss. :teehee:

I was thinking exactly the same! :naughty:

His personality and music are perfect to inspire you and raise the most beautiful feelings you have. In some way it means that affection can nourish your real life and makes it even better, only in the case if you can balance reality with your escapism. Sometimes reality suks so much that it's almost crutial to have some way out.:wink2:

That's exactly what I'd wanted to say.. but better said.. :naughty: Thanks Bojana :huglove:

Mika' music helps you to bring out the best of yourself, in a certain way.. things that you've kept hidden or even unknown before

This man is a miracle :roftl:

In my opinion, even though I do think that Mika is a nice guy, it is an illusion.

I really don't know how to put this without sounding obnoxious or anything of the sorts, but it's not the way I mean it. Basically, I am trying to say that, once you've seen him a lot and seen him in different situations, etc, one doesn't have to be too sharp to notice that he is not actually all sweetness and fluffiness. I dare say he can actually be quite bitchy and ruthless.

And I do love Mika, I do, but I am not blind to not see the reality of him. I know that I don't "know" him, but certain things are IMHO just obvious from observation and from seeing certain reactions, body language, looks, etc...

I think that he is a generally nice guy, and has lots of good qualities, but put it this way: I would not want to make him angry or cross him in any way. I'm sure that it ain't pretty when he lets all that out :naughty:

One does not preclude the other. It should be stupid to think he is all sweetness and fluffiness. Nobody is totally black or white.

Once again, things are a little bit more complicated than that.

Almost sure he has this sweet side but if he'd had been that naive , I guess he would have not reach this level of success..

And obviously, you're right. It's probably very difficult to work with someone demanding, perfectionist and picky as he seems to be.. :naughty:

Yes I think so indeed..

Even I who attended only three Mika gigs met his moody and grumpy side and I dind't much like it. That's one of the reasons I managed to keep distance and face the fact that he often can behave the way which mainly dissapoints you.:aah:

Indeed. :naughty: I would imagine it depends on the kind of work you are doing for him and the position you hold in your field (Greg Wells for example may have an easier relationship with Mika than someone in his touring crew)...but my fantasies of working directly for Mika in a permanent capacity are over. He's a great pop star, but I think I prefer my real boss for a boss. :teehee:

I was thinking exactly the same! :naughty:

That's exactly what I'd wanted to say.. but better said.. :naughty: Thanks Bojana :huglove:

Mika' music helps you to bring out the best of yourself, in a certain way.. things that you've kept hidden or even unknown before

This man is a miracle :roftl:

One does not preclude the other. It should be stupid to think he is all sweetness and fluffiness. Nobody is totally black or white.

Once again, things are a little bit more complicated than that.

Almost sure he has this sweet side but if he'd had been that naive , I guess he would have not reach this level of success..

And obviously, you're right. It's probably very difficult to work with someone demanding, perfectionist and picky as he seems to be.. :naughty:

Yes I think so indeed..

Sure, you're right. Maybe it's not so great to have Mika as a friend or assocciate:naughty:

About the "gay thing": not neccesserily..IMO.I know a lot of other men who are not gay at all but evoke these kind of feelings in women....I think that his artistic persona is also very expressive, important and affects me a lot.:biggrin2:

About the "gay thing": not neccesserily..IMO.I know a lot of other men who are not gay at all but evoke these kind of feelings in women....I think that his artistic persona is also very expressive, important and affects me a lot.:biggrin2:

Lucky girl.. all the men who evoke those kind of feelings that I met were gay :sad:

Sadly for me :naughty:

Lucky girl.. all the men who evoke those kind of feelings that I met were gay :sad:

Sadly for me :naughty:

Really? :shocked:

Well, I've noticed that most of the men who were/are surrounded by women (grannies, mums, aunties, sisters, wives or daughters) are pretty different from those so called alfa mails.

They're much more sensitive (especially if they are artists), and got some special feeling for women thing. At least it's my experience :dunno:

Of course, they can be also gay (know them too), but I couldn't say that is a rule.

Even I who attended only three Mika gigs met his moody and grumpy side and I dind't much like it. That's one of the reasons I managed to keep distance and face the fact that he often can behave the way which mainly dissapoints you.:aah:

Well we must admit that this guy was very well brought up by his mum to appear (at least at at first sight) always smiling, gentle and so polite :naughty:

Well we must admit that this guy was very well brought up by his mum to appear (at least at at first sight) always smiling, gentle and so polite :naughty:

This is a very important thing IMO. He IS very polite indeed (when he's not too bitchy:naughty:) and he also has some kind of a genuine child spontanity and nobleness at the same time.:wub2:

Yes, me to:boing:

When I evoke this memory of him I forget all his flaws immediately. :swoon:

But what is more important, he's a really goodhearted human being IMO.:blush-anim-cl:

OMG.. we returned to our starting point :roftl:

All this time and energy to persuade ourselves that he is not THE perfect guy... for nothing :mf_rosetinted:

Archived