2011 - MIKA @ Magic Numbers Secret Gig, London - 22 Jan REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

Droopsy

I had the amazing opportunity of being at this gig. When Mika told us to get closer I left the camera in my bag, so I didn't take pics/vids... thank you SO MUCH to everybody who recorded the gig!!!

I think almost everything has been said/seen... as an anecdote the guy who recorded the audio told us he really enjoyed the gig, and he could barely focus on the recording... :naughty: he also told that in about a week they would post a new vlog with some of that footage (let's hope!)

Muchas gracias, Lui!:wub2:

Puedo usar las en Wonkaland??:teehee:

hahaha si! :D quiero ver tus locuras :P

just noticed that he's wearing jeans - I thought those times were long gone :wub2:

thanks Lui! :teehee:

you're welcome ^^

noo! I just showed it to him, but maybe I will give him a copy when I'll do it :aah:

I will upload a video :D

he said that he recorded a video of the book to upload it in mikasounds but before left I asked to the cameraman and he said that Mika said that he will keep the video for himself :aah:he lied to me :sneaky2:

Sounds familiar!

Here are some pics I've taken too :wink2:

Mika%2C%20Magic%20numbers%20gig%2C%20London%2C%2022.01.11%20018.JPG

713240mikamagicnumbersg.jpg

Mika%2C%20Magic%20numbers%20gig%2C%20London%2C%2022.01.11%20027.JPG

(I love David the ghost on this one :naughty:)

Mika%2C%20Magic%20numbers%20gig%2C%20London%2C%2022.01.11%20033.JPG

Mika%2C%20Magic%20numbers%20gig%2C%20London%2C%2022.01.11%20035.JPG

My word, she's quite slim!

Like her master!

I had the amazing opportunity of being at this gig. When Mika told us to get closer I left the camera in my bag, so I didn't take pics/vids... thank you SO MUCH to everybody who recorded the gig!!!

I think almost everything has been said/seen... as an anecdote the guy who recorded the audio told us he really enjoyed the gig, and he could barely focus on the recording... :naughty: he also told that in about a week they would post a new vlog with some of that footage (let's hope!)

ohh great!! I really want to see that vlog! *O*

I asked to the cameraman and he said that Mika said that he will keep the video for himself :aah: he lied to me :sneaky2:

WTF??? I heard him say it was for the website too. :wags_finger:

Thanks for the pics, they're great!

Oh I was chatting up the sound guy later too but I didn't ask about the vlog. :naughty: Thanks for mentioning it.

Hi,

I haven't read any of the reports yet and I only have a short time to spend on the internet today, while in London, so let me just post a short report that includes only my impressions about the gig yesterday. (I don't think I'd elaborate it any further later on, either...:teehee:)

To begin with, it really felt like a living room gig and Mika wanted everyone to feel comfortable - even though some people forgot about his own 'comfort zone' first (i.e. leaving him space to perform), but it was quickly sorted out.

In general, I'd say the gig was special but perhaps in a different way than people would have thought. If I had to sum it up in a few words, I'd say it was 'Mika raw and acoustic', meaning that it provided some insights into the person Mica, the popstar Mika is built from ( :teehee: ). For example, he had this idea of fans choosing songs he'd sing before he realised he forgot not only the chords but also the lyrics of some of them :doh: He did well, though, and managed to finish most of the ones he started, with some help :roftl: I guess it was a learning for him as well. I still enjoyed it a lot though, especially when he'd start a song usure about what chords to play along, but once having figured it out in the middle, he'd gain confidence in finishing it in the most beautiful way. :blush-anim-cl:

There were also many funny stories and some original lyrics in some of the songs ( :naughty: ) but the best part for me was the wat he was improvising and expected the band to join him in it. To me, it almost felt like some kind of insights into the way he builds up songs. It was probably most evident when he started to teach The Only Lonely One to the band who clearly had not even heard of that song, let alone know what it sounded like. :roftl: They / we did well in the end. Most of us were singing only the choruses of some songs but not the verses, luckily, as it was really an acoustic performance - Mika did not even have a microphone. So the sound recorded must be good. As for the band members, Martin played the guitar on some songs, Cherisse was clapping and drumming on the piano as 'instructed' by Mika, iMMa was singing beautifully as usual and David did particularly well - helping Mika out on the piano and also singing great backing vocals.

So, it was all these little things that made this special to me. Mika was out of his pop star routine - with his mind clearly somewhere else -, but you could clearly recognise the talent he has in improvising and creating songs from certain rythms and pieces of melodies he stores in his head. :original:

That's precisely why I love Mika :wub2::fangurl:

IMGP1807-1.jpg

=======

REPORTS

=======

tiibet (with pic of the famous Melachi!)

suzie

Sephira

Silver (with pics)

Silver (set list)

Axie Dentelle

=======

PICTURES

=======

Silver - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3348474&postcount=314

Silver - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3348485&postcount=322

Silver - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3348509&postcount=332

Sephira - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3348523&postcount=338

======

VIDEOS

======

Only Lonely One(!!)

Love Today

tiibet

Lollipop

We Are Golden

Stuck in the Middle

Relax

Nanou

Blame it on the Girls

Nanou

Billy Brown

Any Other World/Grace Kelly

Sephira - (Part 1) Stuck in the Middle & Relax -

Sephira - (Part 2) Toy Boy, BIOTG, Billy Brown-

Sephita - (Part 3) Love Today, Any Other World

Sephira - (Part 4) Grace Kelly, Rain, Pick Up Off The Floor

Thank you so much for sharing :wub2::huglove: You make me so happy with your moving reports , vids and pics :wub2::group_hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

noo! I just showed it to him, but maybe I will give him a copy when I'll do it :aah:

I will upload a video :D

he said that he recorded a video of the book to upload it in mikasounds but before left I asked to the cameraman and he said that Mika said that he will keep the video for himself :aah: he lied to me :sneaky2:

:shocked:

:boxed:

:aah:

:teehee: CHICO POR DIOS!!!! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

tengo ataque de risa

el camarografo echo al agua a Mika :roftl:

Ahora conoces el oscuro secreto de Mika, no graba los conciertos para compartirlos con el mundo y sacarnos dinero, NOOOO, lo hace para admirarse cada noche lo lindo q canta(y que se ve) xD.

Quien sabe, quizás se lo quede y luego cuando se canse de verlo lo suba a la pagina 8-)

Edited by Kalid

713240mikamagicnumbersg.jpg

Ooh, Martin looks really good with glasses, doesn't he? They suit him. :teehee:

Nina, I shared your Only Lonely One video on Facebook and some distant friends that I barely talk to posted favourable comments, which is especially nice since he's so unknown here. One even wrote:

"I have to say cause of your posts on here with his music it got me to download it!! My 3 year old as been rocking out to big girls for months she can almost sing the whole song."

World domination baby. :mf_rosetinted:

First, a big thank you for all the vids, pics and reports :biggrin2: Indeed you had made a lot of girls happy these days !

Anyone else find it interesting that he kept messing up Toy Boy, which he's played a gazillion times over the last 22 months... but he had Only Lonely One pretty much spot on? How funny is it that he nailed this obscure B-side from a four year-old single and yet acted horrified at the prospect of doing Ring Ring, which he's done live for entire tours. :teehee:

I wonder if he's been working with Only Lonely One and intends to unveil some new version of it on the new album. What he did live is quite different from the demo, and it screams "potential". I could see him arranging it in a way that puts the song in the same general vein/flavour as

by Jason Mraz and
by Train, which were huge on the US charts, and When the Night Feels My Song by Bedouin Soundclash which was huge in Canada. North America is eating this stuff up... just sayin, Mika. :fisch:

I totally agree!! This song has so much potential!! As someone who loves Train and the catchy rhytms from previous Mika´s songs, I´m really excited over the third album :wub2:

I can't get rid of Only Lonely Man.

I'm drumming like obsessed whenever my hands are free, and caught myself singing it on the street (hope no-one heard).

It's my new addiction.

Nina, I shared your Only Lonely One video on Facebook and some distant friends that I barely talk to posted favourable comments, which is especially nice since he's so unknown here. One even wrote:

"I have to say cause of your posts on here with his music it got me to download it!! My 3 year old as been rocking out to big girls for months she can almost sing the whole song."

World domination baby. :mf_rosetinted:

+1 :thumb_yello:

Indeed, this new version of Only Lonely One is quite addictive :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: I can't take it off my mind since yesterday

Much more powerful than the original demo

Love it :fangurl:

Actually, I'm fine to wait next year for the release of the 3rd album.

The more he works on his songs, the better they are!!

Remind yourself the SITM album version and what he has done with it on tour since 2009 :wub2: