2011 - MIKA @ Magic Numbers Secret Gig, London - 22 Jan REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

Droopsy

+1 :thumb_yello:

Indeed, this new version of Only Lonely One is quite addictive :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: I can't take it off my mind since yesterday

Much more powerful than the original demo

Love it :fangurl:

Actually, I'm fine to wait next year for the release of the 3rd album.

The more he works on his songs, the better they are!!

Remind yourself the SITM album version and what he has done with it on tour since 2009 :wub2:

The same! I woke up in the morning and wasn't able to understand - why I'm so happy? Then I got it - now I will turn on my PC and watching OLO!!!!

I will marry this song :wub2::mf_rosetinted:

Anyone else find it interesting that he kept messing up Toy Boy, which he's played a gazillion times over the last 22 months... but he had Only Lonely One pretty much spot on? How funny is it that he nailed this obscure B-side from a four year-old single and yet acted horrified at the prospect of doing Ring Ring, which he's done live for entire tours. :teehee:

I wonder if he's been working with Only Lonely One and intends to unveil some new version of it on the new album.

I think there is a much more obvious explanation to it. Since the whole gig has been posted on YT now, I think I can now say that he did mention a couple of songs after the start ( perhaps after he couldn't sing Ring Ring) that he only remembers the songs he wrote...:blink:..:roftl:

That was my favourite quote of the day - found it absolutely hilarious, so I did not even think of asking him to sing By The Time or any songs he had less to do with or the original idea is clearly not from him. The lyrics to Toy Boy or Ring Ring are a fine example of that. I just wonder why he wouldn't play Blue Eyes even though it was mentioned to him several times...:confused:

What he did live is quite different from the demo, and it screams "potential". I could see him arranging it in a way that puts the song in the same general vein/flavour as
by Jason Mraz and
by Train, which were huge on the US charts

I agree that The Only Lonely One screams "potential". However, I'd prefer it had some more original arrangement of it than a 324th version of Jason Mraz's I'm Yours which is a rip-off in itself ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O-LDea7SHY ) (... sorry, I know I won't be popular with this, I just don't like that JM song :naughty: )

The rhythm of The Only Lonely One is so strong and unique I wouldn't try to blend or obscure it with too many things on top, but instead, emphasize it and leave it as it is - just like in Lollipop, for example. :original:

Edited by suzie

I think there is a much more obvious explanation to it. Since the whole gig has been posted on YT now, I think I can now say that he did mention a couple of songs after the start ( perhaps after he couldn't sing Ring Ring) that he only remembers the songs he wrote...:blink:..:roftl:

That was my favourite quote of the day - found it absolutely hilarious, so I did not even think of asking him to sing By The Time or any songs he had less to do with or the original idea is clearly not from him. The lyrics to Toy Boy or Ring Ring are a fine example of that. I just wonder why he wouldn't play Blue Eyes even though it was mentioned to him several times...:confused:

I agree that The Only Lonely One screams "potential". However, I'd prefer it had some more original arrangement of it than a 324th version of Jason Mraz's I'm Yours which is a rip-off in itself ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O-LDea7SHY ) (... sorry, I know I won't be popular with this, I just don't like that JM song :naughty: )

The rhythm of The Only Lonely One is so strong and unique I wouldn't try to blend or obscure it with too many things on top, but instead, emphasize it and leave it as it is - just like in Lollipop, for example. :original:

I don't know if that link is what you meant it to be ... it's not Jason Mraz - it's someone called Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole ... but thanks for posting it ... as it's on an advert here and I love it but didn't know who it was .... :thumb_yello:

:teehee:

Actually I don't even know who Jason Mraz is ... :doh: Never heard anything of his :lmfao:

what we've got so far is new hair :mf_rosetinted: which i don't like.

I loved curlz! :crybaby:

I actually don't mind his hair like that ... but I do lurve the curls too .... :wub2:

I'm easy to please I guess ... as long as he's singing I forget about everything else :lmfao:

what we've got so far is new hair :mf_rosetinted: which i don't like.

I loved curlz! :crybaby:

maybe he´s planning to let his hair grow again.... though i like his new look...

bah,i´m pretty sure he will have curls when the next album is "good enough" maybe in 2015 or so :mf_rosetinted:

he knows hir curls are a part of mika,but maybe,now he has a year off,and mica wants to get rid of hairdryers,hair crimpers and stuff :mf_rosetinted:

i agree suzie, as i think I'm falling was more powerful than I see you :blush-anim-cl:

and above all...NEW songs are most welcome, not old songs rearranged :mf_rosetinted:

It definitely was, it was much more personal and touching :wub2:

@Suzie I love that quote!! :roftl:

@Christine Thanks for the pics!! :teehee:

And Happy Ending:

It's so easy to remember why we are all here when we listen to this HE. It's pure love :wub2:

I don't know if that link is what you meant it to be ... it's not Jason Mraz - it's someone called Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole ...

yes, what I meant is that the arrangement / rhythm of I'm Yours is a rip off of Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow...:wink2::teehee:

i agree suzie, as i think I'm falling was more powerful than I see you :blush-anim-cl: :

Agreed... and since he mentioned the word "demo" to refer to The Only Lonely One (even though it was released as b-side) , we did try to ask for 2 other ones but he pretended he did not hear that...:naughty:

Oh, and as for PUOTF - I actually remembered that you and violet_sky would love to hear it. :teehee: Funny how he forgot even that one but it did turn out great in the end.

And Happy Ending:

It's so easy to remember why we are all here when we listen to this HE. It's pure love :wub2:

I just..... died.. :swoon: for a million time..

And Happy Ending:

Oh ... wow ... that has just floored me .... it's divine :wub2: I'm actually speechless :swoon:

And Happy Ending:

You're a lucky girl.You could see this with your own eyes.

I've seen Mika but not this way,It's my dream and I hope some day will come true.

By now all that I can say is,thanks so much for your excelents vids :huglove:

in such a fangurl mode you are!!!! :aah:

I know ... it's his fault ... he's just amazing .. and these videos just show how amazing he is ... I just love them ... it's such a raw gig ... it's just perfect to me ... even with all the mistakes etc ... it's what makes it so so special .... you guys were so lucky to have this ... I can't thank you all enough for the videos ... I need to favourite them all so I can find them easy lol :wub2:

yes, what I meant is that the arrangement / rhythm of I'm Yours is a rip off of Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow...:wink2::teehee:

Agreed... and since he mentioned the word "demo" to refer to The Only Lonely One (even though it was released as b-side) , we did try to ask for 2 other ones but he pretended he did not hear that...:naughty:

Oh, and as for PUOTF - I actually remembered that you and violet_sky would love to hear it. :teehee: Funny how he forgot even that one but it did turn out great in the end.

:blush-anim-cl:

how sweet of you :wub2:

molte grazie :original:

*rushes to watch videos*

edit: NINA! have you got PUOTF to upload???? DO say YES! argh...

Edited by robertina

You're a lucky girl.You could see this with your own eyes.

I've seen Mika but not this way,It's my dream and I hope some day will come true.

By now all that I can say is,thanks so much for your excelents vids

I'm afraid it will stay only a dream :aah::aah::aah:

I know ... it's his fault ... he's just amazing .. and these videos just show how amazing he is ... I just love them ... it's such a raw gig ... it's just perfect to me ... even with all the mistakes etc ... it's what makes it so so special .... you guys were so lucky to have this ... I can't thank you all enough for the videos ... I need to favourite them all so I can find them easy lol :

:wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

HE is more than genial. His voice is so powerful :fangurl:

OMG I'm going to die.