Mika @ Storm troopers In Stilettos - Feb 24, 2011

Lollipop Love

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the hair is completely emo!

the looks, the tweets everything is turning more gayish(the bee:aah:)

at least he's not hiding that there will be an extrem change,

if that's the new look, I can't figure what to expect in the next album

"Expect the unexpected:

The possibilities are endless."

I tried to understand whom he reminds me on this pic, and then thought that he reminds me himself - on his childhood pic that you all know!

oh yes, it's his face... He now looks just like the way he looked in that childhood pic :roftl:

For me the "problem" is that he looks like another gazillion of guys around the world... At least in those pics he's not showing the "Mika" looks, and that makes me miss the old looks even more! :huh:

I actually prefer the way he looks now - anything over his granny curls:naughty:

Pop singers are taking their looks to the extreme now only stand out from the rest and it is getting really competitive in that field. If he did the same he'd be just another artist dressed in a way to make headlines. I don't think he needs to do that anymore, I actually prefer him doing the opposite.

As for the Boy George look - no, he was wearing a completely different hat and clothes. Many pop stars in the 80s wore hats (more like the one Mika tends to wear nowadays) but you don't even remember their names, that's why it is difficult to find pics of them:naughty:

I don't know if the way Mika looks now is similar to the one seen in the gay scene. :dunno: He might simply be keeping up with trends a bit... It was not him setting the trend for tight trousers, either, in 2007. They were already popular that time.

I like his eclectic style now:teehee:

Hey! look who I found :biggrin2:

109408924.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E64C5C24C4E222C9E51FDFF41EE32CAE32085F154C6E0F81B0

109408923.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E62FC1009EAA7C221B1FDFF41EE32CAE3290311AF81B2B0126

Mika attends the private view of 'Storm troopers In Stilettos' an exhibition celebrating 40 years of the band Queen at The Old Truman Brewery on February 24, 2011 in London, England.

more pics here

Yeah- he's got his hair back in his eyes again, where it belongs :boing:

Good find!

For me it's just the whole ensemble, and I guess the hair plays a big part, but it's the whole thing together. The hat, the clothes, the pose! Everything. You can go to Popstarz or Heaven on a Fri or Sat night and every second boy you see looks like that. It's like a very specific,certain type of look.

Or you could come to my town, they are everywhere!:roftl:

I´ll go to test my eyes... LOL

There were many things lately that made me think: "this guy wants to tell us something... it´s like... sorry need to say this in Spanish cause I can´t do it in english.... Es como una salida del armario por fascículos" I don´t know if you understand...

I think so too.:wink2:

That reminded me of the look Freddie Mercury adopted in the 80's, with the short hair, moustache, etc, very characteristic of the gay community back then. :aah:

For me the "problem" is that he looks like another gazillion of guys around the world... At least in those pics he's not showing the "Mika" looks, and that makes me miss the old looks even more! :huh:

Me too, but don't tell anyone, it makes us look conservative and whiny!:roftl:

I am voting on the gay aesthetic. :naughty: I like it though, except for the hat which I've come to loathe.

The boy has mature and so have this fan club, in the oldern days we would have been told off by the mods by talking like this!:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah- he's got his hair back in his eyes again, where it belongs :boing:

Good find!

Yeah it's cute! And so is the hat, sorry Christine!:teehee:

Am I allowed to say that he looks very different in the recent pictures? Very emo, and dare I say, also very gay. I wonder if it's done on purpose or some sort of statement. I don't want to cause any controversy with this, because personally I don't mind what he is, but i think that the look and pose and aesthetics that he's going for are very (stereo) typically gay...

I totally agree with you, Sara :thumb_yello: And I like this style :wub2:

+1

I've thought the same :huh:

But if you compare his image with the "macho one" from Hugo Boss advertising campagne, they're totally opossite in every sense. :wink2:

And even though I'm not quite sure whether he delibaretely chose to fit into "gay aesthetics", I like how he looks on these pics. And a hat too.:biggrin2:

Dunno, as for me I don't see any gayish look here :dunno: maybe I should go and check my eyes together with Rosita, but even if I usually like his gayish pics (except Westeood ones - beeeee), I think he looks more masculine than in previous years.

I can't bear comparison to Boy George, nothing in common :sneaky: if I wear such a hat I won't look like Mika, so why this hat can make him look like BG?? I love Mika in hats, and in this one as well.

Thanks for the new pics with Bri!!! My Queeniac soul is singng :groovy:

Dunno, as for me I don't see any gayish look here :dunno: maybe I should go and check my eyes together with Rosita, but even if I usually like his gayish pics (except Westeood ones - beeeee), I think he looks more masculine than in previous years.

I can't bear comparison to Boy George, nothing in common :sneaky: if I wear such a hat I won't look like Mika, so why this hat can make him look like BG?? I love Mika in hats, and in this one as well.

I totally agree with you here.:thumb_yello:

In my opinion he doesn't look gay at all...

I must say that I don't get what "gay aesthetics" in this particular case implies, even though Sariflor gave an explanation for such opinion.

He looks rather boyish to me than actually gay. But that's me.:wink2:

As for Boy George they really don't have much in common, never had and hopefully never will :biggrin2:

Even though I've always loved BG he's much more comparable to Adam Lambert or Bill Kaulitz.:teehee:

Легендарная группа Queen - выставка в Лондоне

The legendary band Queen - Exhibition in London

Mika @ 0:27 - 0:36 ! without WATERMARK :wink2:

[YOUTUBE]FLmlFikIsgg[/YOUTUBE]

Queen-_0002.jpg

Queen-_0003.jpg

Queen-_0004.jpg

Queen-_0005.jpg

Queen-_0006.jpg

Queen-_0007.jpg

Queen-_0008.jpg

Queen-_0009.jpg

Queen-_0011.jpg

Queen-_0012.jpg

I see this look as a very stereotypical gay look, as Sara said. Maybe it's a statement, maybe he just felt like dressing this way because of new music he is making or because of the people he was going to meet, what ever. And I really don't care, I just think he looks fantastic, I even like the hat :teehee: because it suits his hair so well. This is a very joyful, relaxed look.

And this makes me really curious about his future image. I wonder if it will more stylish, more simple and more mature or if it will still be colorful with a hint of 80's style. Maybe it will be something totally new. It just need to be something he loves, I'm sure we will love it too :wub2:

@Kumazz Thanks for sharing, again! :thumb_yello:

But if you compare his image with the "macho one" from Hugo Boss advertising campagne, they're totally opossite in every sense. :wink2:

And even though I'm not quite sure whether he delibaretely chose to fit into "gay aesthetics", I like how he looks on these pics. And a hat too.:biggrin2:

Agree with you at least for the outfit coz if the suit worn on the ad refers to the image of the macho man, his pose is not quite macho.

But for me, the difference is that the ad gives the image of Mika that Boss has chosen while those pics give the image that Mika wants to give of himself :dunno:

Really? :blink: that's weird. For me it's obviously more gayish

But at least, it shows that Mika is right when he says that gender codes are not as clear as it seems :dunno:

Having said that, agree with you both about the comparison with Boy George. It is limited to the hat :teehee:

Agree with you at least for the outfit coz if the suit worn on the ad refers to the image of the macho man, his pose is not quite macho.

But for me, the difference is that the ad gives the image of Mika that Boss has chosen while those pics give the image that Mika wants to give of himself :dunno:

But at least, it shows that Mika is right when he says that gender codes are not as clear as it seems :dunno:

Having said that, agree with you both about the comparison with Boy George. It is limited to the hat :teehee:

It remains me more of early 80s from Duran Duran than BOy George...

But at least, it shows that Mika is right when he says that gender codes are not as clear as it seems :dunno: Having said that, agree with you both about the comparison with Boy George. It is limited to the hat :teehee:

Really? :blink:I think his pose in the Boss campagne is trully beautiful, I'd say manly rather than macho, cos actually I hate that label and everything it implies as well as the gayish label on the other side.:aah:

And I think he can afford those different styles very successfully cos his look and personality allow that switch.:wink2:

I think it's great that Mika can have different looks for different occasions. Women celebs do it all the time so why can't a man do the same?

I think it's exciting wondering what he'll look like next!!:wink2:

Right, look only at Pink or Robin, not to mention the older singers.

Like Bowie Mika also can have different and even shocking looks from time to time.:thumb_yello:

It remains me more of early 80s from Duran Duran than BOy George...

Exactly, I remember very well how Simon looked with a hat. And it was lovely.:blush-anim-cl:

God, how he looked gayish :shocked:

Archived