2011 - MIKA Fronts Global Hugo Boss Fragrance Campaign

dcdeb

I hope he will have new music out sometime in the not too distant future instead of messing about with this poncy crap.

I expect it paid well though and lots of people fawned over him.

This isn't really why I like Mika, it's his music. I can do without this.

But this is one way to promote his music to bigger audience. Hugo Boss is a huge brand and the ad is very stylish, it's great promotion especially for US markets.

...and it turned out to be the wrong tactics...

I hope he has already realised it did not work last time around.

..it is a good way to get his face known "globally"... meaning mainly the US

Yes if he wants his face to be known rather than his music.

It's a way to make people interested in his music and start listening to it?

(Lol, I prefer the pics with 80's style though, they made me more curious about his new music :teehee: )

making people curious abot who he is.:thumb_yello:

girls see him, go like :drool:, see MIKA, get out their smartphones, google him/youtube, music, go like 'nice music', buy the cd..easy enough:mf_rosetinted:

But this is one way to promote his music to bigger audience. Hugo Boss is a huge brand and the ad is very stylish, it's great promotion especially for US markets.

That's how the brand is positioned:

"HUGO Man fragrance is for men who want to live their life on their own terms. They are true originals, believing that rules are made to be challenged and personal potential should be explored to the max."

Sounds true of Mika.

I guess he might want to forget about appearing in pink or orange jackets for a while now though...:naughty:.. I mean, it's not that he has to but his stage persona does not fit the HB brand, IMO. That's why everyone questioned if the ad was for real.

Edited by suzie

It's a way to make people interested in his music and start listening to it?

(Lol, I prefer the pics with 80's style though, they made me more curious about his new music :teehee: )

Is it though? I don't see that myself. I can't say it's ever happened to me.

One of the things I realised in these last years,is that people can sing Relax,or Grace Kelly,but don´t have a clue about who Mika is... Maybe it´s good... I dont know... I don´t like singers doing this kind of things,and I still think Mika doesn´t fit in my mental image of "men promoting Hugo Boss" but if it´s good for him,I´m happy...

One of the things I realised in these last years,is that people can sing Relax,or Grace Kelly,but don´t have a clue about who Mika is... Maybe it´s good... I dont know... I don´t like singers doing this kind of things,and I still think Mika doesn´t fit in my mental image of "men promoting Hugo Boss" but if it´s good for him,I´m happy...

And this is me saying that I agree with you. :thumb_yello:

Is it though? I don't see that myself. I can't say it's ever happened to me.

It has never happened to me, either, but we are not the average consumers of music. Most people just follow trends and only hear of artists if they appear in fashion or gossip magazines.

I think I am going off Mika.

Why? I don't think his artistic is in question just because he appears in an ad. He looks great - perhaps the way he has always wanted to look and wanted others to see him.

I agree with you!! :thumb_yello:

I'm really happy for him but, maybe i'm wrong, i think that it's no more the Mika that i met 3 years ago...

Edited by Lucrezia

That's how the brand is positioned:

"HUGO Man fragrance is for men who want to live their life on their own terms. They are true originals, believing that rules are made to be challenged and personal potential should be explored to the max."

Sounds true of Mika.

I guess he might want to forget about appearing in pink or orange jackets for a while now though...:naughty:.. I mean, it's not that he has to but his stage persona does not fit the HB brand, IMO. That's why everyone questioned if the ad was for real.

Thanks for the quote, I hadn't read it earlier! Actually, it does sound very Mika... :wub2:

I'm really happy for him but, maybe i'm wrong, i think that it's no more the Mika that i met 3 years ago...

I think he has no obligation to be the same person he was at all. I mean, are you now the same person you were back then? People change, its happens - and everybody has the right to do so. Otherwise, the world would be completely boring.

Aside that, whats so bad about doing an AD? Its just a job. He gets the money and the promotion, and HB gets his beautiful face to be shown all around the world. Its Win-win for me =D

Hello MFC world, btw (:

Edited by Leez