Not everything needs a thread

But it's not true that we're the only monkeys who care what others think and want to fit in. Other apes have very complex social hierarchies as well, other animals engage in superstitious behaviour, other animals defend their territories to the death, etc. I think it's our animal nature that leads to all these problems. He seems to be criticizing the human hubris of seeing ourselves as above the animals, but without making that distinction, how will people ever rise above it?

What do you mean with "rise above it"? I mean, why should we do that? I didn't understand your perspective :blush-anim-cl:

Besides, I really think that our wishes of being "different", "better" are leading us to some of our problems :huh:

BTW, congrats, ladies :huglove:

What do you mean with "rise above it"? I mean, why should we do that? I didn't understand your perspective :blush-anim-cl:

I mean it is our natural instinct to fight over territories, to exploit the earth's resources, to be ruled by superstition, to breed uncontrollably, etc. If we don't use our brains to overcome those instincts then we end up with all these problems. There is nothing monkey like in being charitable, in conserving resources, in seeking out logical explanations, in using birth control, etc.

I mean it is our natural instinct to fight over territories, to exploit the earth's resources, to be ruled by superstition, to breed uncontrollably, etc. If we don't use our brains to overcome those instincts then we end up with all these problems. There is nothing monkey like in being charitable, in conserving resources, in seeking out logical explanations, in using birth control, etc.

Yeah, now I've got what you mean. But I still don't believe we can be successful in this journey the way it is, cause we pretend to be charitable, to conserve resources, to seek out logical explanations, to use birth control etc, but we're still fighting over territories, exploiting the Earth's resources, being ruled by superstition, breeding uncontrollably etc. Or maybe I'm just a little too pessimist. :aah:

is a good point. But, he's just a monkey :naughty:

A friend posted this vid on FB, nothing special, but is always good to remember

Yes, he's a monkey that's probably feeling better than the other monkeys now :aah:

BTW, great vid!

at least estudying has left me something good today:

Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive, because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive, because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny.(Gandhi)

Yes, he's a monkey that's probably feeling better than the other monkeys now :aah:

BTW, great vid!

good for the monkey :naughty:

thnx

pumpkin pies ar gooood!! :teehee: I haven't eat many but the few I ate were really good

now what scares me is the pumpkin juice from Harry Potter:roftl:

actually, i always refused to eat pumpkin pie, but last year, hubby's aunt served me a piece & since i was a bit embarrassed to refuse her, i ate it & like it :teehee:

it doesn't taste like pumpkin, more like a spice mixture

Hmmmm.... might have to give it a go then...

Happy Women's Day!!!

Right back at you!

:shocked:

Is it so cold that it stays or melts as soon as it falls?

A bit has stayed. I can still see some snow at the trees outside my window. It's funny because when most people think of greece they think that it's sunny most of the time but sometimes it snows a lot too. And I mean more than it has snowed this year, there were times when we had 30 or 40 cm of snow in the north area of Athens.

Random thing...

I spent the last weekend in Jeju Island a small island in the south of South Korea.

Wonderful volcanic landscape :wub2:

jeju.jpg

You can eat there a delicious and very sweet citrus fruit called Hallabong :licks_lips: and I read somewhere that you can find this fruit in Brazil also under the name of Kinsei

That's it! :teehee:

Random thing...

I spent the last weekend in Jeju Island a small island in the south of South Korea.

jeju.jpg

You can eat there a delicious and very sweet citrus fruit called Hallabong :licks_lips: and I read somewhere that you can find this fruit in Brazil also under the name of Kinsei

A scoop of warm weather please! I hear the Highlands calling me :biggrin2:.

We had snow again :no:. But so did Greece and Turkey, so having snow in Scotland is not such a big deal :naughty:

Random thing...

jeju.jpg

Oooh wow! That looks so pretty!

*looks up fruit* Oooooh, I see what it is! It kinda looks like an orange (though it looks sort of like a mandarin on the inside)...

My friends and I have been working out what sort of stuff we should be doing as a group, and going to the movies has come up and so has playing video games (like Singstar or Guitar Hero)...

So I'm curious, what do you guys like doing with your friends?

A scoop of warm weather please! I hear the Highlands calling me :biggrin2:.

We had snow again :no:. But so did Greece and Turkey, so having snow in Scotland is not such a big deal :naughty:

Not that warm actually :naughty: Not more than 4 degrees here. But we had as usual a beautiful and bright blue sky :wub2:

*looks up fruit* Oooooh, I see what it is! It kinda looks like an orange (though it looks sort of like a mandarin on the inside)...

My friends and I have been working out what sort of stuff we should be doing as a group, and going to the movies has come up and so has playing video games (like Singstar or Guitar Hero)...

Exactly and it tastes also like a kind of mandarin :thumb_yello:

As about what I like doing with my friends.. Having diner and talk with them for hours in front of a glass of good wine :blush-anim-cl:

I like also cooking with them.. like a big cooking workshop :naughty:.. and having diner after :roftl:

I've found some really nice (colours, prints) Post-it brand sticky notes at Dollarama.

at the dollarama really?

i swear by post-it brand. :naughty:

my book keeper wanted to surprise me and bought this gorgeous wheel of stickies with lively colors... problem is, they don't stick to anything :aah:

and you guessed it, not post-it brand

i love post-its. my life would not be complete if i didn't use them everyday... just saying :blush-anim-cl:

Did you watch that Simpson episode where they borrow Flanders's summerhouse and it's completely filled with post-its?:teehee:

oh no! :naughty: i missed that one! i'll have to ask my sons to find it for me :aah:

It's the one where Lisa tries to change her self so she will get friends!

Being herself hasn't worked, she thinks she is so nerdy and tries to create a new personality! Have fun!:thumb_yello:

Edited by sienna

As about what I like doing with my friends.. Having diner and talk with them for hours in front of a glass of good wine :blush-anim-cl:

I like also cooking with them.. like a big cooking workshop :naughty:.. and having diner after :roftl:

Nice! I want one now!

That sounds like fun!

i love post-its. my life would not be complete if i didn't use them everyday... just saying :blush-anim-cl:

Post it's are my friend... I have them around my computer scree and on the laptops! :roftl:

Did you watch that Simpson episode where they borrow Flanders's summerhouse and it's completely filled with post-its?:teehee:

:lmfao:

That reminds me of two friends of mine. Whenever they're away from home and they ask the other to look after their house, they cover the place in post its!

I'm a little sad today.... The DVD drive in my poor XBox 360 won't open properly! :crybaby: And I was thinking of replacing the drive itself but it looks too hard... I think I'll just buy a brand new XBox (which I don't know if I have enough money for). At least it still works well.

If I could find the Dragon Age: Origins disc that's gone missing, then I'd be slightly happy :sad:

Not that warm actually :naughty: Not more than 4 degrees here. But we had as usual a beautiful and bright blue sky :wub2:

:teehee: something is wrong with that sentence... you can't spend hours in front of a glass of wine.... it has to be at least an entire bottle! :aah:

I'm a little sad today.... The DVD drive in my poor XBox 360 won't open properly! :crybaby: And I was thinking of replacing the drive itself but it looks too hard... I think I'll just buy a brand new XBox (which I don't know if I have enough money for). At least it still works well.

If I could find the Dragon Age: Origins disc that's gone missing, then I'd be slightly happy :sad:

hubby installed a larger hard drive in our xbox 360. i asked him if it was hard to do & he said he doesn't remember :naughty: men :sneaky2:

:teehee: something is wrong with that sentence... you can't spend hours in front of a glass of wine.... it has to be at least an entire bottle! :aah:

:doh: I've been caught!!

Must admit.. It starts with one glass but ends up frequently at 2 bottles - depending of the friends :naughty:

Random thing...

Wonderful volcanic landscape :wub2 :

jeju.jpg

:shocked: BEautiful!!

*writes down on a list of countries to visite*

besides eating yunk food drinkin and partying? :bleh:

we workout some times

or plant trees

recent one:

37659_10150234631520099_728150098_13287001_3953517_n.jpg

we baptised it as Chubaka :naughty:

some friends did that but on the car of a friend bcause it was his b-day:aah: