Not everything needs a thread

I, for one think the painting story is amazing. He and his team really do have a unique connection with the fans.

For you, sure it is old news :naughty: But think of newbies like me and others :blush-anim-cl: it's such a wonderful story :wub2::wub2:

Yes there is a unique connection with the fans and I guess that's part of why I say it's old news.

I was telling the Oldlings that it took so long to write this because it was hard to get into the mindset of 4 years ago. Having this kind of access to Mika was pretty much unheard of at the time. They brought in a handful of lollipop girls over the course of a North American tour in 2008 but that was about it. (Suzy and I applied for that but were not chosen.)

Since early 2010 it's been a fairly regular thing to bring fans backstage to be dancers, singers, etc. and often Mika will work with fans directly to show them what he wants them to do on stage, especially at the very start of a tour.

I guess we were always especially lucky that this happened on an "off" day. They still had lots to do to prep for the tour but since it wasn't show day Mika and his family were really relaxed, there was no security and we could hang around without getting in anyone's way. If the gig had been that night it would have been very different I'm sure.

Anyhow, my topic that doesn't need a thread is that while driving today, I saw a license plate that said MICA. So of course I yelled, "Look kids, Mika!" 13yo old was all superior, and said, "That says mica, Mom.“ So then I got to give the lesson on how he used to be Mica, but I got cut off before I could get to the other letters being jealous thing.

Oh dear, this is why you need a fan club. Others are not so fascinated with Mika trivia. :naughty:

Thanks a million Christine!!:huglove: What a lovely and exciting report to read - omg - and with all those great pics added - so beautifully done, a real treasure !! :thumb_yello: I really can imagine how amazing this experience this must have been for all of you lucky ladies, in fact it's totally unbelievable...

I'm sooo happy that you were kind enough to share it also here!!:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

You're very sweet, thanks. :huglove:

And I love how you all seemed to be over excited and afraid at the same time :naughty: Exactly like I am now every time I meet Mika :aah:

Well some of the others were not really afraid. Sara and Bab had already spent quite a lot of time around Mika and I think Mika is probably more intimidated by Sara than vice versa :teehee:

And for me, it's not that I was afraid to meet Mika. I was afraid that he would brand us as annoying stalkers or that he would regret asking us to paint because I was useless or he would kick us out if we were acting like "fans". I purposely acted cool towards him so he didn't think I was an overzealous weirdo, not because I was shy. :naughty:

I think the culture is very different here than some parts of Europe and I have been to gigs and a TV show where we did not even wait around after to speak to him. And I would never show up at an airport or go to a TV or radio show unless I had tickets. Even after everything that has happened I don't think I would walk up to Mika in a supermarket and talk to him.

That's funny for me, because I'm used to see you more on the "skeptical mode" :wink2:

But this shows that even you can be on fangirling mode :fangurl::teehee:

:wink2::huglove:

Skepticism is not cynicism. I have always wanted to know the truth and fangirling shouldn't make one blind to facts. :naughty:

A few months ago a couple of people in the Oldlings asked me about working on Mika's set before a tour in 2009. I never really wrote a proper report on it since we weren't allowed to talk about it until Mika mentioned it one day in a newspaper interview. So I wrote a story about it here for anyone who may be interested but not reading the Oldlings or following me on Twitter.

http://xinez.com/planets

What a surreal experience!! I'm impressed at your memory :shocked:

Thank you for sharing!

What a surreal experience!! I'm impressed at your memory :shocked:

Thank you for sharing!

My memory is really not good. :aah: I wrote some of the details out for the mods at the time. And Mana wrote something when she was flying home a couple of days later. We also wrote bits and pieces in the gig thread and the thread where Mika talked about it in the Times because people were asking a lot of questions. So I read back over everything and pieced it together, hoping that it made sense. :naughty: Some of the description of what happened inside the supermarket was plagiarized directly from Mana. :teehee:

My memory is really not good. :aah: I wrote some of the details out for the mods at the time. And Mana wrote something when she was flying home a couple of days later. We also wrote bits and pieces in the gig thread and the thread where Mika talked about it in the Times because people were asking a lot of questions. So I read back over everything and pieced it together, hoping that it made sense. :naughty: Some of the description of what happened inside the supermarket was plagiarized directly from Mana. :teehee:

the experience you shared way back sounds the same as what you describe now... you did a great job remembering! :naughty:

I´ve loved reading it. It makes me think how amazing it should have been and how it was maybe one of the last opportunities any fan could have to spend time with Mika, cause I don´t think it´s going to happen again anytime soon :aah:

Thanks for sharing it C!

I had kind of an amusing thought today, watching the news about Justin Bieber and his latest exploits-he and his entourage refusing to stop smoking pot in their plane, and the poor pilots having to wear oxygen masks to fly. I thought about his entourage-hangers on, wannabes, sleazy chicks, drug dealers, shady people, and then I thought about a Mika entourage-mom, sisters, cousins, aunties, partners, Italian tutors, brothers, fathers, grandmas, dogs. And it just made me happy for some reason. That's all. :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by ceebs

oh wow! how cute! i want one! he's got moves! :aah:

but i'm not willing to sale my car :naughty:

I wouldn't sell my car for one either. It's very cool though...

Hey, has anyone seen the "Mean Tweet" videos from Jimmy Kimmell? They're hilarious!

Here's one:

[YOUTUBE]v36Z0Ux2iQY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by nico_collard

Ah, i wanted to ask something to the members but didn't find a proper thread and i'm not sure i can start a new one, so i'm gonna use this.

I really want to get a tattoo dedicated to Mika but i haven't decided exactly what yet. Have a few ideas :

- First, i was thinking about getting his signature included under my next planned tattoo ( the tree of Gondor, on my left wrist )

- Or, lyrics from one of his songs

What would you choose ?

Ah, i wanted to ask something to the members but didn't find a proper thread and i'm not sure i can start a new one, so i'm gonna use this.

I really want to get a tattoo dedicated to Mika but i haven't decided exactly what yet. Have a few ideas :

- First, i was thinking about getting his signature included under my next planned tattoo ( the tree of Gondor, on my left wrist )

- Or, lyrics from one of his songs

What would you choose ?

I am not into tattoos at all, but if I HAD to get one, I would choose lyrics, the most meaningfull ones for me.

His signature is only his signature (:mf_rosetinted:) for me it doesn't mean anything special, so I would not put it in a special place, especially on my own body :naughty:

I am not into tattoos at all, but if I HAD to get one, I would choose lyrics, the most meaningfull ones for me.

His signature is only his signature (:mf_rosetinted:) for me it doesn't mean anything special, so I would not put it in a special place, especially on my own body :naughty:

There's a 99% chance i will get lyrics. I just need to make up my mind on ONE sentence, because there are many i relate to.