Not everything needs a thread

Ok, I have my crazy five minutes, so I tried a lttle rhyme.

Good day, it's something random

from a member of a fandom.

My English is not best,

but I'm talking from my chest.

love Mika and the MFC

rhyme is over, I let it be

I cant write rhyme like that and English is my first language <3 very nice very nice that is lovely, write more.

• 2 months later...

So... i was watching this television show last night called "house hunter international"

i'm not sure if anyone is familiar with this show, but it's a show about a family who is moving to another country and this agent shows them homes & by the end of the show, they choose the house they are going to rent.

Yesterday, this American family was moving to Sicily.

They were shown homes close to Mount Etna.

A few questions to my Italian friends...

Can you really see the mainland of Italy from the tip of Sicily?

In the homes they were shown, they were told that in Italy, it's normal for the previous people to leave with the kitchen. These homes truly had no kitchens left at all, no cupboards, no counters, nothing... just a blank room

Is that true?:blink:

So... i was watching this television show last night called "house hunter international"

i'm not sure if anyone is familiar with this show, but it's a show about a family who is moving to another country and this agent shows them homes & by the end of the show, they choose the house they are going to rent.

Hi, southern girl here :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, you can if you're facing the Strait of Messina. This is the view from Messina image273844.jpg

And this is the one from Reggio Calabria (you can see the Etna in the background) Reggio_calabria_panorama_dal_fortino.jpg

In the homes they were shown, they were told that in Italy, it's normal for the previous people to leave with the kitchen. These homes truly had no kitchens left at all, no cupboards, no counters, nothing... just a blank room

Well, it's not a rule, but many people want to keep the kitchen and leave with it. You don't do that? I suppose we're greedy people. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Log lady

Hi, southern girl here :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, you can if you're facing the Strait of Messina. This is the view from Messina image273844.jpg

And this is the one from Reggio Calabria (you can see the Etna in the background) Reggio_calabria_panorama_dal_fortino.jpg

Well, it's not a rule, but many people want to keep the kitchen and leave with it. You don't do that? I suppose we're greedy people. :mf_rosetinted:

oh wow! i always thought it was further apart then it really is!

No, we don't do that. We leave all the cupboards in place... they are actually part of the house when you sell them. also, if we replaced a cupboard with a dishwasher, it is also part of the house.

Fridge and stove, you take with you. Though i see they are also starting to include them in the selling of homes. Which sounds weird to me. I wouldn't want to use a fridge and stove that belonged to a stranger :dunno:

oh wow! i always thought it was further apart then it really is!

No, we don't do that. We leave all the cupboards in place... they are actually part of the house when you sell them. also, if we replaced a cupboard with a dishwasher, it is also part of the house.

Fridge and stove, you take with you. Though i see they are also starting to include them in the selling of homes. Which sounds weird to me. I wouldn't want to use a fridge and stove that belonged to a stranger :dunno:

I've never heard of people taking stoves with them when they move. replacing a stove in a house once you buy it, yes, but not taking it with you.

It's the same here, we traditionally use fitted kitchens where everything is built to fit that particular space so there's no point to take it with you to your next house/apartment. Fridge and stove are usually always left with the kitchen. It's so typical here that this is actually the first time I hear anyone saying they wouldn't want to use a fridge/stove belonged to a stranger (edit: but of course people clean them very thoroughly after someone else using them, lol!). Decorating styles are evolving all the time though, and these says many people buy colorful/other ways special free-standing fridges they sometimes want to take with them.

Edited by tiibet

That's very common in France also. When we bought our house there it only had the sink in the kitchen. It still only has the sink. lol.

In fact when we bought our house they had also taken all the light bulbs but one. :shocked:

It's the same here, we traditionally use fitted kitchens where everything is built to fit that particular space so there's no point to take it with you to your next house/apartment. Fridge and stove are usually always left with the kitchen. It's so typical here that this is actually the first time I hear anyone saying they wouldn't want to use a fridge/stove belonged to a stranger (edit: but of course people clean them very thoroughly after someone else using them, lol!). Decorating styles are evolving all the time though, and these says many people buy colorful/other ways special free-standing fridges they sometimes want to take with them.

i also noticed when they go to Europe on that show, that often, the kitchens don't have stoves & just burners... and the fridges are tiny compared to ours.

I always thought it was just a coincidence on the show, being most of these people were renting & not buying homes, but when Nanou came here, she said everything we own is big (ie stoves, cars, fridges etc...)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I know it has been a billion years since I haven't come over here, but I want to post a video of this Italian pianist/YouTuber named Costantino Carrara. He makes great covers and I have been following him since he's pretty cool and covers pop songs and he's a coldplay fan (hehe like me). But his last video was a cover of Mika's Grace Kelly and I was surprised (and not shocked, since I know Mika has gone massive in Italy, so no doubt it's because of press and X-Factor).

Here it is and enjoy it! x

• 3 months later...

Hi guys! I didn't know where to post this, so I've decided to do it here. I have 2 questions. :blush-anim-cl:

1:I'm going to Copenhagen at the end of april and I was wonering if any of you have some advices what to see or where to go? :fisch:

2: I have a cold and can't stop coughing. Do you know any homemade recipes to stop it a little? :thumb_yello:

Hi guys! I didn't know where to post this, so I've decided to do it here. I have 2 questions. :blush-anim-cl:

1:I'm going to Copenhagen at the end of april and I was wonering if any of you have some advices what to see or where to go? :fisch:

2: I have a cold and can't stop coughing. Do you know any homemade recipes to stop it a little? :thumb_yello:

i can't help you with Copenhagen, but for your cold, have you tried hot water, lemon juice & honey? it will coat your throat and feel better

I live not that far from Copenhagen but on the swedish side. So I think you should (depending on how many days you'll be spending in Denmark) take one day to travel over the beautiful Öresundsbron to the swedish side, visiting Malmö,Ystad or Lund :fisch:

I live not that far from Copenhagen but on the swedish side. So I think you should (depending on how many days you'll be spending in Denmark) take one day to travel over the beautiful Öresundsbron to the swedish side, visiting Malmö,Ystad or Lund :fisch:

And it's very interesting to drive over the long Øresund Bridge :thumb_yello:

I'll be there for 5 or 6 days. We planned to cross the bridge to the Swedish side, so we will see Malmö and maybe spend a day here :wink2: I can't wait! I always wanted to go to northern side of EU... in summer we usually go to Greece and though it's beautifull, it sometimes seems the same everywhere. :blush-anim-cl:

I'll be there for 5 or 6 days. We planned to cross the bridge to the Swedish side, so we will see Malmö and maybe spend a day here :wink2: I can't wait! I always wanted to go to northern side of EU... in summer we usually go to Greece and though it's beautifull, it sometimes seems the same everywhere. :blush-anim-cl:

Good choice :naughty: Just ask me if you want some advice of what to do and see in Malmö. :wink2: And since you're going in April, well the weather can be amazing 15-20 C or it could be around 0 C and snow :huh:

I always wanted to visit the southern parts of Europe. I've only seen the north and as you say after awhile it seems the same :teehee:

Edited by Lilasko

Uggghhhhhhh Chris Brown is in Montreal tonight, and everyone is soooo happy and jolly and whatnot. Its like they all forgot that he is a terrible person who disfigured his girlfriend... I don't get it. I mean his music style is soo overproduced you can fangirl on a large number of similar sounding artists, but no, you publicly claim you love for a woman beater...

it just irritates me to the highest level...

:badmood:

Uggghhhhhhh Chris Brown is in Montreal tonight, and everyone is soooo happy and jolly and whatnot. Its like they all forgot that he is a terrible person who disfigured his girlfriend... I don't get it. I mean his music style is soo overproduced you can fangirl on a large number of similar sounding artists, but no, you publicly claim you love for a woman beater...

it just irritates me to the highest level...

:badmood:

He did not, he couldn't pass the canadian's lines. :naughty: He's stuck in the USA. Too bad... :teehee:

Good choice :naughty: Just ask me if you want some advice of what to do and see in Malmö. :wink2: And since you're going in April, well the weather can be amazing 15-20 C or it could be around 0 C and snow :huh:

I always wanted to visit the southern parts of Europe. I've only seen the north and as you say after awhile it seems the same :teehee:

Wow. I really really hope it will be warm :blush-anim-cl: Yeah, if you could tell me what to see or do, that would be great!:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
Wow. I really really hope it will be warm :blush-anim-cl: Yeah, if you could tell me what to see or do, that would be great!:wink2:

It kind if depends when in April you're coming, the closer to May the warm it will be (probably) :wink2:

You should absolutely visit Turning Torso, the tallest building in Sweden.

Then if you want to shop, you should visit Emporia. The biggest shopping mall of the Nordic countries. It's built in 2012 so it's pretty new, and if you go up on top of the roof you get a spectacular view of Öresund, the bridge and Denmark. So I think you should visit even if you don't want to shop. And it's super easy to get there.

Then there's the Ribersborg's beach, which is a 2,5 km long beach in the city of Malmö not that far from Turning Torso.

Lilla Torg - a beautiful square in the old parts of Malmö with a lot of cafés and restaurants.

Malmö Castle - a fortress from the 16th century and nowadays a museum. And if you like art there are som nice art museum in Malmö as well.

I know there are Canal Tours' in Malmö but I don't know if you can do them in April.

St Peter's church - Malmö's oldest bildning.

It kind if depends when in April you're coming, the closer to May the warm it will be (probably) :wink2:

You should absolutely visit Turning Torso, the tallest building in Sweden.

Then if you want to shop, you should visit Emporia. The biggest shopping mall of the Nordic countries. It's built in 2012 so it's pretty new, and if you go up on top of the roof you get a spectacular view of Öresund, the bridge and Denmark. So I think you should visit even if you don't want to shop. And it's super easy to get there.

Then there's the Ribersborg's beach, which is a 2,5 km long beach in the city of Malmö not that far from Turning Torso.

Lilla Torg - a beautiful square in the old parts of Malmö with a lot of cafés and restaurants.

Malmö Castle - a fortress from the 16th century and nowadays a museum. And if you like art there are som nice art museum in Malmö as well.

I know there are Canal Tours' in Malmö but I don't know if you can do them in April.

St Peter's church - Malmö's oldest bildning.

We're going in the end of April. Thank you so much for the informations :huglove: Reading that makes me even more excited!:woot_jump: