Not everything needs a thread

10 hours ago, Prisca said:

I would find it a pity if material were simply lost. :emot-sad:

Maybe they have to pay for the website domain, so at the moment they stop paying it the site will be disconnected? :huh:

I have a paid domain website so when one day I decide to stop running it it will disappear if I don't pay the subscription.

• Like 2

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Maybe they have to pay for the website domain, so at the moment they stop paying it the site will be disconnected? :huh:

I have a paid domain website so when one day I decide to stop running it it will disappear if I don't pay the subscription.

Maybe the mods of MFC can ask them if their willing to give to MFC their archives materials before their website shuts down? :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Prisca said:

Maybe the mods of MFC can ask them if their willing to give to MFC their archives materials before their website shuts down? :dunno_grin:

@Prisca @silver @dcdeb@Anna Ko KolkowskaI asked the webmaster about it and he told me he is trying to find a solution and I hope he will be able to :pray: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes and the data is hosted on a private (paying) host server as well since most stuff is copyrighted and youtube or other platforms would block it so it is mainly a financial problem to keep it running that's the reason why mikawebsite.com had become an association and asked fans who wanted to pay a small fee each year to help dealing with the costs but I guess there weren't enough subscribers to keep going. Hopefully some solution can be found and the webmaster is trying...

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

I really hate that I’m having to move. Tbf I’ve accepted moving now it’s just packing and my dad is getting extremely stressed which is making me worried 

There’s been so many issues with moving we still don’t have a date. 
I wish I could help him more but at the same time I feel like I’m in the way.

im just stressing but I can’t do much other then help.

I wasn’t sure if this belonged here or in another thread sorry if so 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

I really hate that I’m having to move. Tbf I’ve accepted moving now it’s just packing and my dad is getting extremely stressed which is making me worried 

It is ok but you can write your feelings here as well  :wink2:

I hope everything goes well for you and your father very soon :hug:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikasister said:

It is ok but you can write your feelings here as well  :wink2:

I hope everything goes well for you and your father very soon :hug:

Thank you, I saw the mental health one but that didn’t seem appropriate for me but I didn’t look too far around 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:21 AM, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Quick update almost packed even tho we don’t have a proper date 

not as stressed but spent the evening with one of my friends who gave me a really sweet card + gift which was really nice of her

tho that just gives me the worry of not making friends when I move and that I’ll lose touch with the ones I have but I don’t want to 

sorry I’m rambaling you Probally don’t care 

7 hours ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

tho that just gives me the worry of not making friends when I move and that I’ll lose touch with the ones I have but I don’t want to 

Don't worry too much. :hug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is probally my dumb midnight brain but out of curiously what music streaming platform does everyone use.

i did use Spotify but someone recommended YouTube music so have been trying that for a week but miss Spotify 

i enjoyed looking at my stats with Spotify and just found it smoother but is nice to have access to more with YouTube music 

i don’t really know why I’m asking but it’s midnight and. Should be asleep

20 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

This is probally my dumb midnight brain but out of curiously what music streaming platform does everyone use.

i did use Spotify but someone recommended YouTube music so have been trying that for a week but miss Spotify 

i enjoyed looking at my stats with Spotify and just found it smoother but is nice to have access to more with YouTube music 

i don’t really know why I’m asking but it’s midnight and. Should be asleep

I tried Spotify for a while and wasn't that keen on it. I use YouTube for creating playlists and at least I get the chance to watch music videos if I want to. Is YouTube Music different to regular YouTube?

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

I tried Spotify for a while and wasn't that keen on it. I use YouTube for creating playlists and at least I get the chance to watch music videos if I want to. Is YouTube Music different to regular YouTube?

Youtube Music is a separate app within youtube (If that makes sense) that ad playlists and all songs by a certian artist

You can pay for youtube music which means you can download music to listen to offline ect but anything you have saved in youtube would transfer over too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good external hard drive?

Looking for 250gb - 1tb but what size I go for does depend on the price.

I bought a Seagate with 4 TB (or rather two, because if my flat gets robbed or burns down etc. I put the other one somewhere else).

I am satisfied so far and they are certainly also available with less storage space. :original:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

I bought a Seagate with 4 TB (or rather two, because if my flat gets robbed or burns down etc. I put the other one somewhere else).

I am satisfied so far and they are certainly also available with less storage space. :original:

I currently have a Seagate one that I can't even age, it's so old you have to plug it into the mains electric to use it! 😅

I'm worried it's going to overheat and stop working, but it's lasted this long so Seagate are definitely robust! I will have a look at their more modern hard drives.

• Like 1

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

I currently have a Seagate one that I can't even age, it's so old you have to plug it into the mains electric to use it! 😅

Yes, mine are not that old. I bought them during Black Friday 2020, I think. :teehee: