Chickadee, the vet thing's kind of on hold at the moment, but looking at starting marine science next year, getting a bit excited about that actually.

:blink: Say what? Umm, OK, I'm not going to ask why or anything. Marine science sounds...difficult, tbh.

Same here. I was quite obsessed for a while with U2, and with Hanson around the time they were here.

Are you telling me you aren't still obsessed with Hanson? They're your siggy for goodness sake! :naughty:

The puppy has landed

IMGP3734.jpg

IMGP3798.jpg

How cute! He looks so snuggly!!

In other news, I think I'm falling in love with TOOL. :blush-anim-cl:

I bought the deluxe version of it at JB Hi-Fi (who had both versions) and have given it to my husband to give to me for Christmas, but I discovered that Australia finally has Spotify a week or two ago and I've been listening on that. I have to say I LOVE the second CD with the acoustic versions of things. I'm thinking that some of these songs must be sounding closer to the versions that people fell in love with when they heard them live at the gigs and then were a bit mystified when they heard the album versions (or so I've been reading around the place here.)

AWWWWWW!!!! :fangurl:

Hmmmm.... Derek's ignoring me. He hasn't replied to my message :sad:

Teegs... If I can profess my ignorance here for a moment... Who is Derek? And what is the name of your fiance? (And I hope that the answer to one question is not the answer to the other question.)

He's sooo cute! What's his/her name? What does Zen think? I still maintain that he must be at least part bear.

Well he's officially called Ace, but that doesn't seem to be the right name for him (it's too soft a sound to shout over a field :naughty:). So we are still trying to come up with a better name.

He is quite fearless and I think will be very bossy when he is older. And he eats anything he can get his teeth round. And pees more than any dog I have ever known.

Silver, I saw some new Pratchett books at Dymocks and went "Oh yes, must remember those titles to ask Silver about..." and now I've completely forgotten what they were. I should have written them down. :doh:

Snuff?

Dodger?

A Blink of the Screen?

I'm pleased to hear you're doing a B.Ed. The world needs teachers.

You'd think that, wouldn't you. Meanwhile I can't get a full time job and I'm not the only one. :sneaky2: I just want to teach full time.

Hey guys just popping in. I do check in occasionally, real life is just busy.

Haven't bought the new cd, or heard any of the songs. I know, I'm horrible. Maybe sometime soon I'll get around to listening.

You'd think that, wouldn't you. Meanwhile I can't get a full time job and I'm not the only one. :sneaky2: I just want to teach full time.

Haven't bought the new cd, or heard any of the songs. I know, I'm horrible. Maybe sometime soon I'll get around to listening.

I'm worried about that being the case when I finish.

You're not the only one.. I am just too lazy. :blush-anim-cl:

Snuff?

Dodger?

A Blink of the Screen?

OK, yes, I remember seeing Snuff and Dodger in the shop, as well as the Science of the Discworld 4 (which hubby is getting for Christmas from his sister) but I'm not sure if I remember something called A Blink of the Screen...

One of the ones I saw seemed to be a collaboration with some other writer/s? And then I think there was a book about Discworld or AnkhMorpork... um, yeah. Haven't made it back there yet.

Hey SoA, long time no see! (my fault, I know)

You will note that I didn't say specifically "Australia needs teachers", hehe, just "the world."

Actually I'm surprised to hear that you can't get full time work. I didn't realise we had a glut of teachers.

When you do get around to listening to the new CD, make sure you listen to it at least three times. It took a good three listens for some of those songs to begin to grow on me. Now I quite like most of them. Even "Overrated"!:shocked:

I'm worried about that being the case when I finish.

You're not the only one.. I am just too lazy. :blush-anim-cl:

SD! I'm surprised at you. Considering you've stayed around on here, I would have thought you might at least have spotified them.

*says the woman who buggered off for three years* :fisch:

OK, yes, I remember seeing Snuff and Dodger in the shop, as well as the Science of the Discworld 4 (which hubby is getting for Christmas from his sister) but I'm not sure if I remember something called A Blink of the Screen...

One of the ones I saw seemed to be a collaboration with some other writer/s? And then I think there was a book about Discworld or AnkhMorpork... um, yeah. Haven't made it back there yet.

A Blink of Screen is a collection of short stories. The collaboration would probably be the new Discworld companion book by Stephen Briggs "Turtle Recall"

URGENT CALL FROM OLD MFCER !!

Hey there guys !

Ok, it's been a very long time since I haven't been here but this is a very urgent situation and I immediately thought of you guys to help!

So I am currently at university right now, and next year we have a compulsory exchange year abroad. This year, my school opened the posssiblity for us to go for the very first time at the university of Western Australia in Perth and I'm thinking of going there. All I know is that it's a great university but I have no idea how the campus is or what subjects are really cool there, or even if Perth and its areas are really nice to explore for a year.

If you have been at this university or know somebody who was, I would be more than delighted if you could give me some info! Even if you have a special input to give about Perth, that'd be terrific as well !!

Thank you very very very much, you'd be saving my life if you could answer this :huglove::huglove:

He did The Long Earth as well, which was a collab.

Hey SoA, long time no see! (my fault, I know)

You will note that I didn't say specifically "Australia needs teachers", hehe, just "the world."

Actually I'm surprised to hear that you can't get full time work. I didn't realise we had a glut of teachers.

When you do get around to listening to the new CD, make sure you listen to it at least three times. It took a good three listens for some of those songs to begin to grow on me. Now I quite like most of them. Even "Overrated"!:shocked:

There stopped being a shortage a while back, but the course is still mostly government funded - so there are generally a lot of graduates.

But mostly it's because its a hard area to get into. Once I do get a full time job I should be right for work for a fair while.

Hey there guys !

Ok, it's been a very long time since I haven't been here but this is a very urgent situation and I immediately thought of you guys to help!

So I am currently at university right now, and next year we have a compulsory exchange year abroad. This year, my school opened the posssiblity for us to go for the very first time at the university of Western Australia in Perth and I'm thinking of going there. All I know is that it's a great university but I have no idea how the campus is or what subjects are really cool there, or even if Perth and its areas are really nice to explore for a year.

If you have been at this university or know somebody who was, I would be more than delighted if you could give me some info! Even if you have a special input to give about Perth, that'd be terrific as well !!

Thank you very very very much, you'd be saving my life if you could answer this :huglove::huglove:

Hey there! Long time no see!

Ummmm... I know Oakie Doke lives in Perth, but not sure what uni she goes to. She may be able to help you though.

Hey there guys !

Been to Perth, for like four days because I ran out of time, but it's really lovely and everyone I know who has stayed there longer loves the place.

I've seen the Uni there, looks very nice but of course I haven't been inside. If Oakie Doakie lives in Perth surely she can tell you more.

Well he's officially called Ace, but that doesn't seem to be the right name for him (it's too soft a sound to shout over a field :naughty:). So we are still trying to come up with a better name.

He is quite fearless and I think will be very bossy when he is older. And he eats anything he can get his teeth round. And pees more than any dog I have ever known.

Ace was totally one of the names I considered for Ambrose. But Ambrose totally won out in the end.

Hey there guys !

Melman! I already replied to your message but this is more detailed so I can answer better. What are you studying? Not sure how uni works in France, is it just general topics? John, my boyfriend, says that UWA has a very good range of topics in basically everything except vet, and he really strongly recommends it. I know there is uni accommodation across the road of UWA and my old housemate lived there for 2 years and really enjoyed it and made a lot of friends while she was there. WA for travel isn't necessarily great, everything is spread out and very difficult to visit without a car, but I know from that housemate that the colleges (the accommodation) organise group trips out to see different things in the uni breaks, so it's not that bad actually. And I'm definitely keen to show you around too! Anyway, in summary, UWA is definitely a good uni, WA has lots of pretty things, but they're all far away, and Perth is a fairly quiet and small city as far as cities go. But UWA is a short bus ride/long walk away from the city itself, and like a 15 minute bus ride from the beach.

Okay, so, it's definitely time for spam pictures of our new house. Unfortunately I really can't be bothered cleaning up the bedroom, even though it's quite awesome. That will have to wait for another day.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro2_1280.jpg

Note, our awesome Christmas tree.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro3_500.jpg

I'm trying to make Severus, Myrtle and Aaron's area beach themed, but that's still a work in progress.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro4_1280.jpg

And Ambrose's new house! (Still a work in progress too, I'm thinking it needs "Ambrose" written across the top, but I'm still unsure on the details)

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfdmxrFTn21qjn94ro1_500.jpg