Ace was totally one of the names I considered for Ambrose. But Ambrose totally won out in the end.

Melman! I already replied to your message but this is more detailed so I can answer better. What are you studying? Not sure how uni works in France, is it just general topics? John, my boyfriend, says that UWA has a very good range of topics in basically everything except vet, and he really strongly recommends it. I know there is uni accommodation across the road of UWA and my old housemate lived there for 2 years and really enjoyed it and made a lot of friends while she was there. WA for travel isn't necessarily great, everything is spread out and very difficult to visit without a car, but I know from that housemate that the colleges (the accommodation) organise group trips out to see different things in the uni breaks, so it's not that bad actually. And I'm definitely keen to show you around too! Anyway, in summary, UWA is definitely a good uni, WA has lots of pretty things, but they're all far away, and Perth is a fairly quiet and small city as far as cities go. But UWA is a short bus ride/long walk away from the city itself, and like a 15 minute bus ride from the beach.

Aw thanks for your more complete answer! Shame I can't go there in the end! :(

Okay, so, it's definitely time for spam pictures of our new house. Unfortunately I really can't be bothered cleaning up the bedroom, even though it's quite awesome. That will have to wait for another day.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro2_1280.jpg

Note, our awesome Christmas tree.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro3_500.jpg

I'm trying to make Severus, Myrtle and Aaron's area beach themed, but that's still a work in progress.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro4_1280.jpg

And Ambrose's new house! (Still a work in progress too, I'm thinking it needs "Ambrose" written across the top, but I'm still unsure on the details)

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfdmxrFTn21qjn94ro1_500.jpg

your house is wicked!!

by the way, merry christmas you cool cats!

Okay, so, it's definitely time for spam pictures of our new house. Unfortunately I really can't be bothered cleaning up the bedroom, even though it's quite awesome. That will have to wait for another day.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro2_1280.jpg

Note, our awesome Christmas tree.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro3_500.jpg

I'm trying to make Severus, Myrtle and Aaron's area beach themed, but that's still a work in progress.

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro4_1280.jpg

And Ambrose's new house! (Still a work in progress too, I'm thinking it needs "Ambrose" written across the top, but I'm still unsure on the details)

tumblr_mfdmhpibKx1qjn94ro5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfdmxrFTn21qjn94ro1_500.jpg

Nice house!

I'd take pics of the inside of my house, but I'm still unpacking stuff. I've got a couple of weeks off after this morning and I fully intend on packing everything away, so mine will have to wait till then.

your house is wicked!!

by the way, merry christmas you cool cats!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Oooooh, I just remembered... I got your card silver, and thank you very much! My sister was very confused about who it was but when she said it looked like a queen stamp I told her it was probably from England (and turns out I'm right). I liked the card too... :wink2:

Oooooh, I just remembered... I got your card silver, and thank you very much! My sister was very confused about who it was but when she said it looked like a queen stamp I told her it was probably from England (and turns out I'm right). I liked the card too... :wink2:

Glad you got it - I realised after I had sent it that it should have gone to your new address :doh:

Glad you got it - I realised after I had sent it that it should have gone to your new address :doh:

It's all good. :thumb_yello:

Happy New Year, Aussies :hug:

2013+happy+new+year+free+clipart+flash+banners+.gif+animated+gifs+animation+flash+colors+stars+merry+christmas+free+images+ecards+photographic+arts+free+download+websites+blogs+.gif

Back at you silver!

Oi - Australia - WAKE UP! :poke:

Hey! :sneaky2: I usually only have access to internet at work, or if I'm really desperate I can get on it using my phone (which I'm doing right now).

Besides, I'm holidays at the moment :shun:

Anyways, I crashed my cousin's wedding on the weekend (none of the cousins were invited, so we decided we'd go to the ceremony anyways)... The ceremony was nice enough, but mum wasn't happy because her, her younger sister and one brother were right in the corner of the room whereas the other brother was right up the front (and apparently my cousin said she wanted to give the table decorations to her favourite aunties & uncles - guess who wasn't a favourite :teehee:)

Anyways, I crashed my cousin's wedding on the weekend (none of the cousins were invited, so we decided we'd go to the ceremony anyways)... The ceremony was nice enough, but mum wasn't happy because her, her younger sister and one brother were right in the corner of the room whereas the other brother was right up the front (and apparently my cousin said she wanted to give the table decorations to her favourite aunties & uncles - guess who wasn't a favourite :teehee:)

What's a family wedding without a bit of family feuding? :naughty:

How true :teehee:

Actually it's not surprising with my mum's family, it wouldn't seem right without someone fighting.

My aunt's family is like that (especially after a few drinks) :naughty: She had seven children, all now married/divorced, so there are lots of spouses and in-laws to argue with too.

My aunt's family is like that (especially after a few drinks) :naughty: She had seven children, all now married/divorced, so there are lots of spouses and in-laws to argue with too.

Gotta love that :teehee:

I was going to say that the in laws don't generally get involved in fights, but then I remembered my cousin's hubby and uncle on dad's side had a bit of a physical fight years ago, and my uncle took to writing a strongly worded letter to my aunt about her daughter mouthing off at my niece and my aunt (his wife).

Yep, we're so badass we write letters to each other :lmfao::teehee:

I was going to say that the in laws don't generally get involved in fights, but then I remembered my cousin's hubby and uncle on dad's side had a bit of a physical fight years ago, and my uncle took to writing a strongly worded letter to my aunt about her daughter mouthing off at my niece and my aunt (his wife).

Yep, we're so badass we write letters to each other :lmfao::teehee:

:lmfao:

Getting a bit worried about you all with this heatwave and the wildfires. It looked pretty frightening on the news. Hope everyone is OK.

The heatwave was pretty damn unbearable. The weather has cooled down a bit around here, not sure about elsewhere. I think it's supposed to heat back up again. One town in Qld got up to 49 degrees in the last few days. the hottest day recorded in Oz was over 50 degrees, and that was in a toown called Oodnadatta.

As for the fires, as far as I'm aware we're all okay. HK was fairly close to one and apparently had to evacuate to town, but has since gone home. The Victorian people should be okay and so should the Sydney and Qld people.

I'm good as well (the closest fires to me are over an hour away and have to burn through a few smaller towns before they're even close to me).

I just posted on the Middlings thread the lime lapse video of the fire going through the Siding Spring Observatory near Coonabarabran. Here it is:

[YOUTUBE]WlHP9J1UPrs[/YOUTUBE]

And a pic before the fire hit it:

110281-130114-siding-springs.jpg

And after:

362398-siding-spring.jpg

368706-siding-spring.jpg

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/bushfires/furious-bushfire-strikes-siding-spring-observatory/story-fngw0i02-1226553143005

Edited by nico_collard

That is just terrifying. And all you can really do is hope for a change in the weather.

Not likely in the next few days. Apparently the weather's going to heat up again tomorrow and Friday. I heard on the news that if the wind changes like they think it will, the fire that hit the observatory will swing back towards the closest town (Coonabarabran).

The only thing I wish I had right now is air conditioning.... All I can do to cool the house down is opening all the windows to get a breeze through...

Not likely in the next few days. Apparently the weather's going to heat up again tomorrow and Friday. I heard on the news that if the wind changes like they think it will, the fire that hit the observatory will swing back towards the closest town (Coonabarabran).

The only thing I wish I had right now is air conditioning.... All I can do to cool the house down is opening all the windows to get a breeze through...

Whereas we (UK) are keeping windows and doors tightly shut as the temperature is down to freezing and snow is on the way.

It might be an idea to get air con installed if you can, as I think the trend is towards hotter weather generally.

Whereas we (UK) are keeping windows and doors tightly shut as the temperature is down to freezing and snow is on the way.

It might be an idea to get air con installed if you can, as I think the trend is towards hotter weather generally.

Wendy's been posting some really nice pics of the snow at her place. I think I could deal with snow right now.

We were talking about air con last week so I think we might try and get it installed for next year (after the wedding of course). We have gas central heating through the whole house and apparently the unit does take a cooling part so we'll see about that. Or we'll get reverse cycle and put it in the main living area.

• 2 weeks later...
Where's the pic in your siggy from, Teegs?

It's from a game called Broken Sword.

Nico Collard is on the left and the protagonist, George Stobbart, is on the right.

I wasn't sure what to put there so I just went for that. Might have ot look at the siggies and see which ones to add. I don't really want Martin, Sunshine and Jimmy in my sig at the moment...

I wasn't sure what to put there so I just went for that. Might have ot look at the siggies and see which ones to add. I don't really want Martin, Sunshine and Jimmy in my sig at the moment...

I want to change my user title, but I can't think of anything apt at the moment :dunno: