Just touching base :bye:

I think the UK is going to become a Mika gig-free zone like Australia :sad:

His music has been used in two adverts in Europe now, where his sales are up as a result. They don't seem to be showing the ads in the UK.

It's absolute crap. I can almost understand not touring Oz very often (we are pretty far away after all) but the UK is his home... why not tour like crazy???

Interestingly enough, I heard that Hanson was looking at touring Oz again early next year... If it's true I want to say to Mika, "See, even Hanson can tour here and they're running their own record company!"

Hihi everyone!

:bye: Hey there! I posted in your welcome thread but I'll say hi again! :teehee:

Hihi everyone!

Hi again :bye:

It's good that Mika's music is getting played on TV (even if it's just snatches), because he certainly doesn't get much radio play

I don't listen to the radio, but at work we have a "Beacon playlist" of songs that get played everyday (roughly so each song gets played once a day with no repeats), and there are THREE songs from the new album on it. There's probably only about like 100 songs, and they're like 50% old songs, so based on that he's doing pretty well here, haha.

I don't listen to the radio, but at work we have a "Beacon playlist" of songs that get played everyday (roughly so each song gets played once a day with no repeats), and there are THREE songs from the new album on it. There's probably only about like 100 songs, and they're like 50% old songs, so based on that he's doing pretty well here, haha.

Which songs do they play?

Hi, I'm Eden. :)

I'm a new member of MFC :)

Hi Eden! Wow. New Aussies on the MFC. Considering we don't hear him these days, I'm amazed to see newbies. I'll have to go find your welcome thread and hear your story.

Good to see I can still make sense :teehee:... I'll see if I can find something that's a similar colour...

Ooooh, haven't had someone from Brissie in ages... Welcome!

I can't even remember who WAS from Brissie in the old days. That's terrible. I've forgotten people. :shocked:

Hihi everyone!

:jawdrop: Another one! Hello and welcome. I'll have to go find your welcome thread as well.

Yes, CD, there are still new fans joining :thumb_yello:

We are hoping Mika's 4th album will be out next year, so maybe he might even make it to Australia to promote it.

That's pretty good. Have absolutely no clue if he's being played here, but my guess is no.

I can't even remember who WAS from Brissie in the old days. That's terrible. I've forgotten people. :shocked:

I'm sure Jolene was originally from Brisbane but she lives in WA now... I think someone else came from Brisbane though, I'm sure of it!

We are hoping Mika's 4th album will be out next year, so maybe he might even make it to Australia to promote it.

:lmfao:

I'll believe it when I see it. Next year would be much better for me, I might even have some money to go!

And if it is true, I could have two gigs to go to: Hanson and Mika :fangurl:

Ha! Oh, whoops, sorry, did I say that?

:sneaky2:

That's pretty good. Have absolutely no clue if he's being played here, but my guess is no.

I'm sure Jolene was originally from Brisbane but she lives in WA now... I think someone else came from Brisbane though, I'm sure of it!

:lmfao:

I'll believe it when I see it. Next year would be much better for me, I might even have some money to go!

And if it is true, I could have two gigs to go to: Hanson and Mika :fangurl:

Ah, see, I only ever knew Jolene as coming from WA because she lives(d?) not too far from my parents when I first joined MFC.

Ah, see, I only ever knew Jolene as coming from WA because she lives(d?) not too far from my parents when I first joined MFC.

I know that cause I always remember weird crap like that and never the important stuff like appointments... :sneaky2::doh:

• 3 weeks later...

:bye:

I can't believe the thread died for a few weeks! :tears:

I got some interesting news a few weeks ago... I was told that next year I'll e having an EEG and as long as I haven't had any seizures between now and then, I might be able to come off tegretol! :woot_jump:

Oh, and I have to travel to Sydney again sometime in September/October for a mediation with the hospital's solicitors etc :sneaky2:. It'd be nice if that was the last thing I had to go in for, but I'll probably have to have a few more meetings and such before they decide whether the hospital was negligent or not.

Edited by nico_collard

I got some interesting news a few weeks ago... I was told that next year I'll e having an EEG and as long as I haven't had any seizures between now and then, I might be able to come off tegretol! :woot_jump:

Oh, and I have to travel to Sydney again sometime in September/October for a mediation with the hospital's solicitors etc :sneaky2:. It'd be nice if that was the last thing I had to go in for, but I'll probably have to have a few more meetings and such before they decide whether the hospital was negligent or not.

Good news about the tegretol :thumb_yello:

Do you have a legal representative when you meet with the hospital solicitors?

Good news about the tegretol :thumb_yello:

Do you have a legal representative when you meet with the hospital solicitors?

I have a solicitor and a barrister. I wouldn't be going without them as they know how this sort of stuff works (esp. the barrister, he originally was a doctor and then because a barrister)...

I have a solicitor and a barrister. I wouldn't be going without them as they know how this sort of stuff works (esp. the barrister, he originally was a doctor and then because a barrister)...

All sounds pretty complicated to me. But it might be worth it in the end

All sounds pretty complicated to me. But it might be worth it in the end

It sounds pretty complicated to me as well, but apparently it needed to go to a barrister as well... maybe because of the level of court it has to go to? :dunno:

I'm starting to get a few RSVPs back for the wedding, and most people have commented on how nice the invites are. Of course they'd bloody well wanna be nice, I spent enough on them (about $5.63 per invite :shocked:)!

And I'm so pleased, I managed to get the menu decided on and we're getting a free tasting in a couple of weeks so hopefully we don't decide the menu isn't nice...

Ambrose wants me to show you some pictures of his friends.

This is dad's dog Lucy:

tumblr_mr7dkuKa331qjn94ro1_1280.jpg

This is Ambrose's Auntie Lucy's (a human) dog Ivy:

tumblr_mr7dkuKa331qjn94ro2_1280.jpg

And this is Ambrose playing with his very short-lived roadkill-toy thing:

tumblr_mr7dkuKa331qjn94ro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mr7dkuKa331qjn94ro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mr7dkuKa331qjn94ro5_400.jpg

And I'm so pleased, I managed to get the menu decided on and we're getting a free tasting in a couple of weeks so hopefully we don't decide the menu isn't nice...

I don't think I've heard of having a free tasting in advance - you could be on to a good thing here :naughty:

And this is Ambrose playing with his very short-lived roadkill-toy thing:

tumblr_mr7dkuKa331qjn94ro5_400.jpg

Thanks for the pics of Ambrose and friends :thumb_yello: Indy's toys generally end up looking like that too :naughty:

When is your wedding set for Teegs? What happens if they decide the hospital was negligent, and what were they negligent about?

Wedding's on the 9th of November. :thumb_yello:

Well, if they decide the hospital was negligent then they pay me money. And they're negligent cause they should have sent me for a brain scan when I first showed up at the hospital after having a massive headache for 5 days rather than tell me it was a migraine (I've never had one).

Of course, I'm not doing this for the money, I'm doing this so they accept that they stuffed up before I was admitted to hospital. According to the doctor I talked to in 2009, he though there was nothing wrong with the way I was treated and I'm sure that if they'd done a CT scan then they would'e seen a blood clot and I wouldn't have gone through everything I did.

I don't think I've heard of having a free tasting in advance - you could be on to a good thing here :naughty:

Thanks for the pics of Ambrose and friends :thumb_yello: Indy's toys generally end up looking like that too :naughty:

I can't speak for any other businesses but I got a free tasting cause I was at the bridal fair and they were giving them out.

Chloe's don't end up like that. Her's end up in tiny pieces (even the hard plastic ones don't last long).

Hopefully she'll be happier (and behave herself!) over the weekend cause we're picking up Derek's parents' dog and looking after him while they go to Queensland.

And I've discovered that it's a lot harder to type on the work laptop than what it is on the desktop cause the keyboard is smaller...