We've got my cousin's little girl's 1st birthday on Saturday, I'm going to see a psychic on the 1st of March (I'm mostly curious to see what stuff this chick will come up with) and in April we'll be going to a highland gathering and Mum's making little man a tartan outfit ft. trousers, a vest, a bowtie and a little hat. We're hoping to win a competition for the little kiddies...

So you're not tempted to put him in a kilt? Makes changing nappies easier :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, it is tempting. It tends to be not only wet but cold on the day so I don't want him to get too cold.

Maybe he'll get a little kilt when he's a big boy :thumb_yello:

I think when he's a big boy he will need a big kilt :mf_rosetinted: If he has a little kilt he's likely to get arrested.

• 2 weeks later...
I think when he's a big boy he will need a big kilt :mf_rosetinted: If he has a little kilt he's likely to get arrested.

:lmfao: Whoops, didn't realise what I posted!

Mum's still working on the outfit. She's currently made a pair of trews, a vest (from the same tartan) and a bib, and is still knitting a hat. Mum wants to try to find some Royal Stewart tartan, though I don't like her chances of finding some and making the outfit in time.

She's also thinking of knitting some booties like the following picture:

mainghilles.JPG

Actually, while I was searching for a pic I found these:

Ghillie_Shoe_H-thumb-450xauto-162.jpg

Anyways, I'll be sure to get some pics of little man once he's wearing the outfit.

Anyways, I'll be sure to get some pics of little man once he's wearing the outfit.

The knitting looks very ambitious - does your mum devise her own patterns then?

My mum used to be quite good at adapting patterns, but to tell the truth she is starting to find complicated patterns difficult (she forgets what the abbreviations mean).

The knitting looks very ambitious - does your mum devise her own patterns then?

My mum used to be quite good at adapting patterns, but to tell the truth she is starting to find complicated patterns difficult (she forgets what the abbreviations mean).

No she doesn't. She can follow reasonably difficult patterns though so that's not too bad. I might have a look at Etsy and see if there's any patterns on there I can buy. I don't know how people manage to knit. I'm lucky to be able to knit a scarf.

No she doesn't. She can follow reasonably difficult patterns though so that's not too bad. I might have a look at Etsy and see if there's any patterns on there I can buy. I don't know how people manage to knit. I'm lucky to be able to knit a scarf.

I haven't knitted anything for ages - I was always dropping stitches anyway :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Mum has made another outfit out of a different tartan, so Little Man has 2 choices in outfit and the highland gathering is next weekend :blink:

Found out some pretty shocking news a few days ago. My cousin is going to Sydney to see a neurosurgeon tomorrow as he has a large brain tumour (this is the third time he's been diagnosed with it), so not really sure how he's going to go with it or what the doctor will do (if anything). Though what I find sad about the whole situation is that my elderly grandparents had to tell his father that they expected him to take my cousin to the appointment. He didn't take my cousin when he had the first tumour (my parents did), and can't remember who took him the second time but I know his father didn't.

But anyways...

Well, Mum has made another outfit out of a different tartan, so Little Man has 2 choices in outfit and the highland gathering is next weekend :blink:

Found out some pretty shocking news a few days ago. My cousin is going to Sydney to see a neurosurgeon tomorrow as he has a large brain tumour (this is the third time he's been diagnosed with it), so not really sure how he's going to go with it or what the doctor will do (if anything). Though what I find sad about the whole situation is that my elderly grandparents had to tell his father that they expected him to take my cousin to the appointment. He didn't take my cousin when he had the first tumour (my parents did), and can't remember who took him the second time but I know his father didn't.

But anyways...

Take both outfits and decide what he should wear on the day :naughty:

Sorry to hear about your cousin (and strange that his own family don't take him to the hospital :blink:).

• 2 weeks later...

His father did end up taking him to Sydney, though the doctor said he couldn't operate. Apparently they're going to try chemo to shrink it a bit.

Well, we got back from Bundanoon this afternoon. Yesterday we put Samuel into the Bonnie Bairns competition and he won out of the boys in his age group! Here's some pics:

10630592_10152668285556577_1718647145807159421_o.jpg

11156405_10152668286276577_7197881359284735923_n.jpg?oh=a13c228053792573910f4d91bd3b080f&oe=55A42383

603855_10152668286931577_3572648470618820546_n.jpg?oh=accc1131666d15dcb3866c14b57421ca&oe=55ACF939&__gda__=1437155713_09d5b5192be673c005d28f0dd860ddea

10409044_10152668287046577_506446895420874231_n.jpg?oh=02a8b1a8e1095c2c2f8bdb6e4195e8ad&oe=55B2D465

As his prize he got a free photoshoot, so I'm waiting on those. I'm also waiting on some pictures in the newspaper (there's photos from the day on the site, but the right ones haven't been uploaded yet).

• 2 weeks later...

Any Aussies managed to find their way here yet?

:yes:   :whew:

Someone's gotta fly the   :aussie: flag here :teehee:

Still trying to check it all out though, but I like how you can like people's posts. Funny thing is, the first thought when I logged on was "But I liked it before" :doh:

I just realised, the light blue we all used for hiding text shows up. I figured out though that the Alice Blue colour hides very nicely... Cause we all need a hidden colour for stuff. 

Edited by nico_collard

I'm slowly getting used to the new setup :old:

Is there a release date for the album in Australia?

I just checked Sanity and JB Hifi and neither site has the album listed. Having said that, it could come up soon. 

Edited by nico_collard

I just checked Sanity and JB Hifi and neither site has the album listed. Having said that, it could come up soon. 

It's being released in Japan, maybe you could get a copy from there :dunno:  Have you checked Amazon?

• 2 weeks later...

It's being released in Japan, maybe you could get a copy from there :dunno:  Have you checked Amazon?

I haven't yet, though that's probably a good idea. I might even get it from Japan. I've got a little while to go before I need to worry about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sonelle :bye:  Things are a bit quiet in the Aussie thread atm (nothing to do with Mika not having toured in Australia for years and years :fisch:)

How did you get into Mika?

Australia did very well in Eurovision :thumb_yello:

Very well! I wasn't sure we'd do that well. 

Hello im a new aussie fan hahah! And yes, Guy Sebastian did Amazingggggg :D i liked the swedish performance and it was a well deserved win :)

Hey Sonelle, welcome! So whereabouts in Oz are you from? 

Hi Sonelle :bye:  Things are a bit quiet in the Aussie thread atm (nothing to do with Mika not having toured in Australia for years and years :fisch:)

How did you get into Mika?

:teehee: Hopefully things will get a bit busier around here... 

:fisch: I'm a little excited at the moment. I'm going to Melbourne at the end of the month to meet this guy *points down*

4vAIXyvI.jpeg

Bit annoyed that Derek can't come (he has to work and his days off aren't till the 2nd week of July). Oh well, might be able to take him there some time soon. 

• Like 1

:fisch: I'm a little excited at the moment. I'm going to Melbourne at the end of the month to meet this guy *points down*

4vAIXyvI.jpeg

Bit annoyed that Derek can't come (he has to work and his days off aren't till the 2nd week of July). Oh well, might be able to take him there some time soon. 

:yay:

I'd be even more excited for you if I knew who he was :mf_rosetinted: