• 2 weeks later...

Wow snow!  I wondered if you had got any?  Did you build a snowman for baby?

He looks really cute in his Batman outfit :wub2:

Looks like you had a good time at the convention then

We actually got snow on three days, but the day I didn't take a pic there wasn't much.

We did build a snowman. It lasted quite a while, eventually I came out the front and there was just a carrot, some twigs and a rock. I think there's some photos on my camera.

He's very cute! I'm thinking of doing a Batman themed photoshoot for his first birthday, seeing as I bought a really nice cape and mask from eBay.

Yeah, the convention wasn't too bad. We spent most of the day waiting in lines for photos and autographs so we didn't get to have that much of a look around but did manage to buy some stuff. We both got really sore swollen feet, but it was worth it :teehee:

Remember this?

evilsnowman.jpg

Yes, vaguely. I think that was one of the last times I remember it snowing enough in town to actually make a snowman. My brother made it for my nephew and he was only little. Our snowman this year was much bigger, though that could be cause I now know how to make one properly :doh::teehee:

Yes, vaguely. I think that was one of the last times I remember it snowing enough in town to actually make a snowman. My brother made it for my nephew and he was only little. Our snowman this year was much bigger, though that could be cause I now know how to make one properly :doh::teehee:

Ah well, practice makes perfect :wink2:

Hey, just poking my head into see if anything's happening. 

We had the funeral today for my cousin (he passed away last Thursday). It was quite sad, but it was so good to see all the family and friends coming together (especially his family & friends from Northern NSW). It snowed here today so he would've liked that, though it didn't settle. 

Hey, just poking my head into see if anything's happening. 

We had the funeral today for my cousin (he passed away last Thursday). It was quite sad, but it was so good to see all the family and friends coming together (especially his family & friends from Northern NSW). It snowed here today so he would've liked that, though it didn't settle. 

It's strange how funerals can be both happy and sad at the same time.  My condolences :hug:

Not a lot happening - new video for Staring At The Sun; Mika still popping up randomly for interviews in magazines/on radio

• 4 weeks later...

It's strange how funerals can be both happy and sad at the same time.  My condolences :hug:

Not a lot happening - new video for Staring At The Sun; Mika still popping up randomly for interviews in magazines/on radio

Thanks. 

I really should catch up on all the Mika stuff. I feel so slack. 

Ooooh, I went to two job interviews over the last week - Last weeks one was a group interview at one of the local department stores (Myer),  and this week was one at a local computer fixing type store (Need a Nerd). Myer is a Christmas casual job with the possibility for work after January, and Need a Nerd is Monday to Friday full time. Not sure how I'll go with Need a Nerd, but apparently I was the stand out in the Myer interview :biggrin2:

So yeah, that's all I've been up to... besides organising a birthday part for Samuel. 

Ooooh, I went to two job interviews over the last week - Last weeks one was a group interview at one of the local department stores (Myer),  and this week was one at a local computer fixing type store (Need a Nerd). Myer is a Christmas casual job with the possibility for work after January, and Need a Nerd is Monday to Friday full time. Not sure how I'll go with Need a Nerd, but apparently I was the stand out in the Myer interview :biggrin2:

So yeah, that's all I've been up to... besides organising a birthday part for Samuel. 

Need a Nerd - what a brilliant name :lmfao:  Good luck with the applications.

I can't believe Samuel's birthday is coming up - seems like only yesterday he was born.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey :)

I'm new here but I'm not exactly an Aussie, I'm Kiwi though, does that kind of count as an Aussie cousin? The New Zealand side of the fan club is a little quiet so could I joinh you guys?

Good to see you found the thread  :thumb_yello:

We're all pretty quiet ATM, silver and I usually just chat amongst ourselves. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hellooo, it's my once-in-every-six-months visit!

What have you got against Karl then?  is he toxic?

Love the ring - it looks like blue topaz or aquamarine?  Any marriage plans?

Karl is toxic indeed. He kills lots of fishies in the Swan River (the river that goes through Perth) most years. In my actual experiments I was only able to remove up to 65% of my Karls, but then I accidentally killed them all real quick by accidentally combining a teeny amount of another species. So, science at it's best really - I did it! I just don't understand it at all and it was absolutely not on purpose!

I now have 9 days to write up my explanation for what happened...

Yes, it's aquamarine :)  And we have booked in for the 16th of April next year, but that's about all that is planned. It will be at John's parent's church (which has a big hall attached) because it's free and we are poor!

I must've missed it, but when did you change to growing algae? 

Haha, yeah last year and the year before I was studying marine science and then this year I did Honours, which was about algae. 

Happy birthday Teegs! You said you were working today on Facebook, so did you get one of the jobs you applied for?

I had a job interview too, yesterday - for working in a new "student enrollments" call centre at Murdoch (the uni I have been at for the last NINE YEARS). I think I have finally developed Stockholm syndrome. :naughty: Anyway, it is part time but pays really well (like, as good as I could expect for a full time job that actually uses my degrees) so I hope I get it on that account.

Edited by Oakie Doke

Hi OKD :bye::huglove:

Karl is toxic indeed. He kills lots of fishies in the Swan River (the river that goes through Perth) most years. In my actual experiments I was only able to remove up to 65% of my Karls, but then I accidentally killed them all real quick by accidentally combining a teeny amount of another species. So, science at it's best really - I did it! I just don't understand it at all and it was absolutely not on purpose!

I now have 9 days to write up my explanation for what happened...

Just make it sound like you did it on purpose :teehee:  Presumably the second species gives off something toxic to the first?  Was it another native type of algae or alien (you wouldn't want the cure to be as bad for the fish as the original species).  This could keep you busy for months - your part-time job sounds great but will you have time for it? :wink2:

Yes, it's aquamarine :)  And we have booked in for the 16th of April next year, but that's about all that is planned. It will be at John's parent's church (which has a big hall attached) because it's free and we are poor!

Well, you don't have to go for a huge wedding with hundreds of guests (upsets the mums, I know).  It's the ceremony itself that is important, not the trappings.

We will need updates on this, you know :mf_rosetinted:

Just make it sound like you did it on purpose :teehee:  Presumably the second species gives off something toxic to the first?  Was it another native type of algae or alien (you wouldn't want the cure to be as bad for the fish as the original species).  This could keep you busy for months - your part-time job sounds great but will you have time for it? :wink2:

Well, you don't have to go for a huge wedding with hundreds of guests (upsets the mums, I know).  It's the ceremony itself that is important, not the trappings.

Haha, that is my job for today (writing that section and making it not sound like I screwed up). This particular strain has never been shown to produce toxins in the past (although other strains of the species have, so it's still possible), and unfortunately it is quite alien, it's from Italy. And the ones that do produce toxins, those toxins can kill humans, so I don't think I'd be very lucky in getting approval to release them into the water!

Of course  :mf_rosetinted: I may even endeavor to visit more often :das:  How have you been?

Of course  :mf_rosetinted: I may even endeavor to visit more often :das:  How have you been?

Life has been passing by uneventfully, though I am about to move into rented accommodation while my house is done up and sold (then I will be looking for somewhere new in another part of the UK).  So things should be fairly hectic over the next few weeks as I try to pack everything for moving.

Oh and I saw the first UK gig in three years from Mika last week (you may remember him - tall chap with curly hair :mf_rosetinted:)

Life has been passing by uneventfully, though I am about to move into rented accommodation while my house is done up and sold (then I will be looking for somewhere new in another part of the UK).  So things should be fairly hectic over the next few weeks as I try to pack everything for moving.

Oh and I saw the first UK gig in three years from Mika last week (you may remember him - tall chap with curly hair :mf_rosetinted:)

In an another part of the UK as in "I don't care where, just get me away from here", or as in "I really want to move to XXXX"? That's all pretty exciting, anyway!

I always find it interesting how everyone does their house up for selling, when they didn't think they deserved the "doing up" for themselves, and probably whoever buys it will want to do it up differently anyway! It must be great business for whoever is in the doing up of houses! (Me, actually  :naughty:)

Hmm, it might ring a bell  :mf_rosetinted:

In an another part of the UK as in "I don't care where, just get me away from here", or as in "I really want to move to XXXX"? That's all pretty exciting, anyway!

I always find it interesting how everyone does their house up for selling, when they didn't think they deserved the "doing up" for themselves, and probably whoever buys it will want to do it up differently anyway! It must be great business for whoever is in the doing up of houses! (Me, actually  :naughty:)

Hmm, it might ring a bell  :mf_rosetinted:

Renting a house in Devon as that's the sort of area we want to move to permanently (West of England) and it will save us travel time going to look at properties.

When I say doing the house up, it's more in terms of removing all evidence of the dogs :naughty:.  It's just getting a clean and some repainting done, and new (cheap) carpets to get rid of the dog smell.  We should get a better price for it then :crossed:

Renting a house in Devon as that's the sort of area we want to move to permanently (West of England) and it will save us travel time going to look at properties.

When I say doing the house up, it's more in terms of removing all evidence of the dogs :naughty:.  It's just getting a clean and some repainting done, and new (cheap) carpets to get rid of the dog smell.  We should get a better price for it then :crossed:

Hahaha, I would see evidence of a dog as a selling point; "Ah yes, I can see myself living here!" My home certainly doesn't smell like cookie dough!  :naughty:

But I suppose there are those weirdos out there that enjoy .... not living with pets  :dunno:

Edited by Oakie Doke

Hahaha, I would see evidence of a dog as a selling point; "Ah yes, I can see myself living here!" My home certainly doesn't smell like cookie dough!  :naughty:

But I suppose there are those weirdos out there that enjoy .... not living with pets  :dunno:

I believe there are some .....

Also two long-haired German Shepherds deposit a lot of hair and mud all over everything so that might be a teensy-weensy bit off-putting :teehee:

They won't get the run of the rental property, that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Any birthday party updates?

Well the party went pretty well, we had about 50 people over and seems like everyone had a good time. The kids definitely did, they were running around the yard and in the house. My cousin brought her two foster kids along (one was there for respite and was about 9, and the other was a 4 month old bub). Samuel got very spoilt. He got a few trucks, books, clothes, some blocks and some outdoor play equipment. We also got him in for a photo session with a little cake. Turns out he doesn't like getting green icing on himself.  

Happy Birthday Tegan :huglove: 

salted-caramel-cupcakes-large.jpg

Thanks silver! That cake looks scrumptious! 

Hellooo, it's my once-in-every-six-months visit!

Haha, yeah last year and the year before I was studying marine science and then this year I did Honours, which was about algae. 

Happy birthday Teegs! You said you were working today on Facebook, so did you get one of the jobs you applied for?

I had a job interview too, yesterday - for working in a new "student enrollments" call centre at Murdoch (the uni I have been at for the last NINE YEARS). I think I have finally developed Stockholm syndrome. :naughty: Anyway, it is part time but pays really well (like, as good as I could expect for a full time job that actually uses my degrees) so I hope I get it on that account.

Ah, makes sense now! I thought I may have missed something. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I ended up getting the job at Myer, so I'm in Menswear and Childrenswear. It's not too bad, and people seem to think I'm doing a good job so that could mean I'll have a job after Christmas :biggrin2:

I agree on the updates... 

Ooooh, good luck with the moving and doing up the house etc. 

Hmmmm... that's ringing a bell :teehee:

Ooooh bugger, better get ready for dinner (we're going out for our second wedding anniversary! 

Happy Anniversary Tegan :flowers2:

Moved the first batch of stuff to the new house today, looks like we will have to put things in storage as there is no way everything will fit in.  Hopefully it will only be temporary though.

Happy Anniversary Tegan :flowers2:

Moved the first batch of stuff to the new house today, looks like we will have to put things in storage as there is no way everything will fit in.  Hopefully it will only be temporary though.

At least it's only a temporary thing. I forgot how much stuff I had before I moved into the house here. It was almost like Christmas when I unpacked everything! 

The biggest problem was finding places to store all my crap.