Thank Samuel for his message :naughty:

Citizen of the Year sounds very impressive, when will your mum know if she gets the award?  Is it just an honorary thing, or do you get a medal or something?

I'm pretty busy in the new house as my mum has now moved in permanently and there is a lot of her stuff to sort out.  She seems to have about 90 jumpers and cardigans which is far more than she needs :shocked:

Will do :teehee:

She found out the results on Australia day. She missed out on citizen of the year but apparently it came down to the woman who won and mum. The winner got to hold up a great big heavy trophy (but doesn't keep it) but all the other nominees got a certificate.

Ugh, cleaning out is terrible! Hope you've managed to clear out some by now.  

GUYS

YESTERDAY I ASKED MIKA "CAN YOU COME TO AUSTRALIA" and he said he want to but the issue is "promoters"

I talked to concert promoters and asked for them to support him, and I'm going to chat to radio stations to aks for radio play of his songs, and I hope you guys can help me!  :thumb_yello:  :naughty:

I checked it out ages ago and I think you pretty much have to email the stations direct, there doesn't seem to be any request button on the sites. 

Good luck with that, Sonelle :crossed:

I know others have tried over the years without much success (which I can't understand as Mika got such good reviews for his shows :dunno:)

I know, right? People here liked him, but there's been bugger all promo and radio exposure for him. Admittedly, the restaurant we go to for birthdays quite often play him on the speakers and show his videos on the tvs :biggrin2:

• Like 2

I know, right? People here liked him, but there's been bugger all promo and radio exposure for him. Admittedly, the restaurant we go to for birthdays quite often play him on the speakers and show his videos on the tvs :biggrin2:

Pretty much the same for the UK (without the bonus of the restaurant) :sad:

• Like 1

Will do :teehee:

She found out the results on Australia day. She missed out on citizen of the year but apparently it came down to the woman who won and mum. The winner got to hold up a great big heavy trophy (but doesn't keep it) but all the other nominees got a certificate.

Ugh, cleaning out is terrible! Hope you've managed to clear out some by now.  

I checked it out ages ago and I think you pretty much have to email the stations direct, there doesn't seem to be any request button on the sites. 

Your restaurant plays him?? That's awesome! Woolworths plays him a lot too  :naughty: AND OMG TVS PLAYS HIS STUFF? WHAT TIME??

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a noob to this thread. But I live in Australia so I can follow this thread right? Um... yeah Aussie and I adore Mika so I will follow.  :new-zealand:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye: and to the Aussie thread. 

I'm afraid Aussie members are a bit thin on the ground these days :sad:

Why don't you post in the Introductions thread http://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/ (just a few words about yourself), then other fans can greet you too.

Did you do the drawing of Mika yourself?

Edited by silver
  • Like 1

Sorry I'm a noob to this thread. But I live in Australia so I can follow this thread right? Um... yeah Aussie and I adore Mika so I will follow.  :new-zealand:

Welcome!  :)

And yes silver is right- not many aussies these days (at least on the MFC) but OMG im also wondering if you drew that  :shocked:

Of course you can stay on here! We're cuzzies  :hug:

And AWW thank you for supporting these Aussie petitions!!!!!!! I sure hope we can get enough signs on the petition!

When he decides to come to Australia, I'll make it a point to tell him to get his sparkly self to New Zealand!  :wink2: He HASS to go there! We can even make a new zealand petition if we get success with this one!  :)

• Like 1

And AWW thank you for supporting these Aussie petitions!!!!!!! I sure hope we can get enough signs on the petition!

When he decides to come to Australia, I'll make it a point to tell him to get his sparkly self to New Zealand!  :wink2: He HASS to go there! We can even make a new zealand petition if we get success with this one!  :)

Thanks, I tried making an NZ petition but it didn't get far  :tears:  So i'll be supporting any Aussie tour petitions :D

Thanks, I tried making an NZ petition but it didn't get far  :tears:  So i'll be supporting any Aussie tour petitions :D

Awh :/ well as long as you fly over here when he performs in Sydney!!!!  :mikacool:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Your restaurant plays him?? That's awesome! Woolworths plays him a lot too  :naughty: AND OMG TVS PLAYS HIS STUFF? WHAT TIME??

Yeah, it's pretty cool! My parents point it out every time Mika's playing. They find it amusing to try and embarrass a 32 year old married woman but I'm like, "Yeah, I own my fangirlishness". It's been on in Hogs Breath Cafe :)

I haven't noticed it on the TV at any other time. 

Hey, sorry I'm such a bad rep. But welcome! I'll have to make sure you and Sonelle are added to the list on the first page  :)

EDIT: Sonelle, you're Aussie Mikamite #72 and GalaxyBae you're Aussie Mikamite #73 :woot_jump:  :thumb_yello:  :aussie:

Edited by nico_collard
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty cool! My parents point it out every time Mika's playing. They find it amusing to try and embarrass a 32 year old married woman but I'm like, "Yeah, I own my fangirlishness". It's been on in Hogs Breath Cafe :)

I haven't noticed it on the TV at any other time. 

Hey, sorry I'm such a bad rep. But welcome! I'll have to make sure you and Sonelle are added to the list on the first page  :)

EDIT: Sonelle, you're Aussie Mikamite #72 and GalaxyBae you're Aussie Mikamite #73 :woot_jump:  :thumb_yello:  :aussie:

Awesome  ;)  thank you!!

woahh I'm so happy they play him in HBC as well! And HELL YEAH U OWN UR FANGIRLISHNESS  :wink2:  :wub:  :mika1:  You can't not fangirl at such a human like Mika just sayin'  :naughty:

I'm moving in with the boyfriend 

Congrats!

Speaking of losing weight, I lost 1.1kg in the first week (which included eating chocolates and icecream) and then I lost 2.2kg this week! :woot_jump:

Congrats!

aaaZZZZZZZa                               vSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac                                                                 /\

Hi Samuel!

Happy Birthday OKD

(you're very nearly an Oldling now :teehee:)

green-slime-cupcakes.jpg

Oh my goodness, that it ridiculous! I joined this forum as a teenager!

Whenever I get the inkling to come on here I go back to my last post to see how long it's been and I swear I have an internal body clock that keeps it right around the 6-month mark each time. 

Life updates time!

- I got a First Class Honours for my project about the algae! A quote from one of my examiners; "This is the best Honours thesis I have ever read."

- I got the job working at my uni - it's at a call centre for recruiting new students.

- I still haven't gotten a ~real~ full-time job, but instead I have three casual jobs; Beacon Lighting (been there 6 years now), the Murdoch call centre, and also as a "Research Technician" at Murdoch writing a report about another aspect of algal control for my old supervisor.

Then, haha, I could try to explain my month of April but it has basically been the most ridiculous blur of a month. We're three days into May and I'm almost starting to get a hold of the world again, I'm even going to work later this week!

31st of March: (daytime) wedding rehearsal at church, (evening) dad dies!

1st - 9th April: driving back and forth to my dad's house in the country, under the impression we wont be able to have a funeral until May.

10th - 11th of April: we can have the funeral now, plan a funeral in two days!

12th of April: our only car dies on the way to the funeral!

13th - 15th of April: three days to prepare for a wedding which I specifically arranged for two weeks off to work on! (just to give you an idea, I decided it was a good idea to make my own dress, and I hadn't made it yet!)

16th of April: got married! It was a held-together-with-safety-pins-and-masking-tape kind of affair but it was okay, I'm glad it's over though.

18th -26th of April: adventure-honeymoon sailing around Thailand - this was actually pretty good, but turned out to be even more tiring than relaxing, when I already hadn't slept in two weeks.

In other news, on the weekend we bought a Prius with our wedding gift money. It has hail damage on the roof and bonnet, but it was an absolute bargain, so much so that the RAC wouldn't let me insure it for less than double what I paid for it because that is "its value".

In other news I dyed my hair red last night?

Edited by Oakie Doke

post-17486-0-39488800-1462241093_thumb.jpg

Patiently awaiting his cue.

post-17486-0-68861600-1462241104_thumb.jpg

What? The best man doesn't have the rings??

post-17486-0-54277600-1462241116_thumb.jpg

A slight altercation (a kelpie was walking past the entrance of the church).

post-17486-0-37261200-1462241127_thumb.jpg

Ambrose to the rescue!

post-17486-0-89588700-1462241137_thumb.jpg

Best Dog Ambrose providing the rings.

post-17486-0-89699400-1462241146_thumb.jpg

Mission successful.